PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ Lewis looking good at corner

pete74
08-16-2010, 04:04 PM
• Steelers second-year CB Keenan Lewis(notes) has impressed in training camp. Lewis, who appeared in just four games as a rookie, came off the bench in Pittsburgh's preseason opener vs. Detroit, notching three tackles. The 6-foot, 208-pound Lewis broke up a potential TD pass to star Lions WR Calvin Johnson(notes) late in the first quarter. However, Johnson — listed at five inches taller and nearly 30 pounds heavier than Lewis — finished the drive with a two-yard TD catch on a stop-fade route against Lewis, who was isolated in coverage and had no defense against a pass thrown to Johnson's back shoulder.

whatdoiknow
08-16-2010, 04:26 PM
On that TD pass, there has NEVER been such a Blantant push-off that there was when Johnson pushed off on Lewis. Oh well, I guess it's pre-season for the Refs to.

pete74
08-16-2010, 04:48 PM
agreed, that was obvious offensive pass interferance.

im really hoping lewis ends up being a really good corner because that is one position we really need help at

Merchant
08-16-2010, 10:15 PM
And everyone was screaming when we didn't draft a corner this year..

scsteeler
08-17-2010, 04:58 PM
On that TD pass, there has NEVER been such a Blantant push-off that there was when Johnson pushed off on Lewis. Oh well, I guess it's pre-season for the Refs to.

Yes I like Lewis and see him getting even better with playing time. Yes CJ got away with a obivous push off.

stb_steeler
08-17-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd really like to see Lewis get a start, maybe not a number 1 spot but more playing time. I think this guy has got what it takes. :thumbsup:

scsteeler
08-17-2010, 08:55 PM
I see Lewis being one of our starters if he keeps playing like he did against the Lions.

Steelerfreak58
08-17-2010, 09:00 PM
He has to remain consistent and he will end up starting. That is the trick being consistently good at that level.

SteelKnight
08-17-2010, 10:43 PM
And everyone was screaming when we didn't draft a corner this year..

You were probably screaming too ...until the 5th round when we got BMac back. lol

Well I hope Lewis gets to play. If he can't win an openning spot, I hope he can win nickel. Gay would be a good "dime" CB...lol

cloppbeast
08-18-2010, 09:42 AM
You were probably screaming too ...until the 5th round when we got BMac back. lol

Well I hope Lewis gets to play. If he can't win an openning spot, I hope he can win nickel. Gay would be a good "dime" CB...lol

After Art Rooney made comments about the coaching staff not developing young players fast enough, I believe Tomlin will make it a point to get Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett on the field, as well as other 1st and 2nd year players.

whatdoiknow
08-18-2010, 10:12 AM
I really hope Lewis takes the step up this season cause during last years draft, one of the DB's who was considered a later round guy I liked was the kid from William & Mary Derek Cox. I really wanted him. And as a 3rd rounder, he was a starter for Jacksonville from day one. Had a great season as a rookie to. But he was taken before any of our 3rd rounders last year, so I liked the Lewis pick later in that round. Only thing that worried me about him when the steelers drafted him was I read where Lewis, dispite his size was not a very physical CB. But he looked pretty physical out there against Detroit. So I hope he is ready to go for us soon. He would help alot.

stb_steeler
08-18-2010, 12:45 PM
After Art Rooney made comments about the coaching staff not developing young players fast enough, I believe Tomlin will make it a point to get Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett on the field, as well as other 1st and 2nd year players.

Lewis was good from day one, last pre-season he showed talent and this season will be better yet. We only seen 1 game so far, i guess time will tell. I'd bet on him. We should see more of Burnett in the next few games to.