PDA

View Full Version : More bodies for camp...

BB2W
02-18-2006, 11:33 AM
The Steelers signed more players for training camp and some may be allocated to NFL Europe...

- Practice squad TE Erik Jensen
- Practice squad WR Walter Young
- Free agent RB Fred Staton
- Free agent WR Isaac West (Eagles)
- Free agent OL Brandon Torrey
- Free agent LB Richard Seigler (49ers)
- Free agent OC Brandon Newton (Vikings)
- Free agent LB Matt Farrior
- Free agent QB Shane Boyd (Titans)
- Free agent P Mike Barr
- Free agent WR Adam Herzing (Lions)

link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

TasmanianTroy271
02-18-2006, 11:40 AM
I wonder if Lil' Farrior is any good, wouldn't that be great? 2 brothers starting at ILB? This is the part of the year I love, whenever we sign the 1 year and rookie Free Agents and see what they do. James Harrison, Danny Krieder, Chris Hoke, and Willie Parker were all rookie FA's, I wonder what Washington and Frazier'll be doing in 5 years...

BB2W
02-18-2006, 11:48 AM
I wonder if Lil' Farrior is any good, wouldn't that be great? 2 brothers starting at ILB?
Matt Farrior was in camp last year too... He was allocated to NFL Europe and was drafted by the Frankfurt Galaxy, but must have been injured because he didn't register a single tackle. I wouldn't bet on him making the team.

Stlrs4Life
02-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Shane Boyd? Interesting.

SteelerMurf
02-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Is Lil' Farrior actually related to James Farrior?

TasmanianTroy271
02-18-2006, 12:06 PM
yea, it's his brother, I'm fairly sure something about it was in the Post Gazette last offseason.

BB2W
02-18-2006, 12:29 PM
PITTSBURGH -- In the last week Steelers added 19 first and second-year free agents to their roster and allocated 12 of the players to play in the NFL Europe League.

The players added are: center Kyle Andrews, punter Mike Barr, offensive lineman Ulish Booker , quarterback Shane Boyd, offensive lineman Tim Brown , linebacker Matt Farrior, wide receiver Adam Herzing, running back Mike Jemison, tight end Erik Jensen, fullback John Kuhn , center Brandon Newton, linebacker Malcolm Postell , quarterback Rod Rutherford, linebacker Richard Seigler , linebacker Ronald Stanley , running back Fred Staton, offensive lineman Brandon Torrey, wide receiver Isaac West and wide receiver Walter Young .

All players except Booker, Brown, Jensen, Kuhn, Rutherford, Seigler and Stanley will be allocated to NFL Europe.

Suitanim
02-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Walter Young is an interesting prospect...I believe he was in camp last year...

SteelerMurf
02-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Yep, Walter Young was gonna make the team until he got hurt, I think it was his Hammy. And if he shows good in camp this year he would be our big guy we didn't have this year (Like it really mattered anyway).

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2006, 10:56 PM
- Free agent P Mike Barr

yeah like he's got ANY real shot at making the team :sofunny:

CantStop85
02-20-2006, 12:50 AM
Shane Boyd? Interesting.
SHANE BOYD!!!! Whoo it's exciting to see a UK player with an NFL team...it doesn't exactly happen very often.

That being said...why would an NFL team actually want Shane Boyd? The guy was constantly getting benched at QB in college. He's definitely no QB...I guess scouts are intrigued by his athletic ability and might be thinking about moving him to another position. *Shrugs*