PDA

View Full Version : Do Steeler fans respect Bengal fans?

steelers07
02-18-2006, 06:02 PM
I am curious I was looking over a bengals forum, i became a member there just to reply to there nonsense but I had one bungle fan tell me that they are members here and are respected?!?! i got a good laugh out of that!! What do you all think?

LambertIsGod58
02-18-2006, 06:07 PM
It depends on who you are speaking of.....There are some Bengal fans that I respect.

Suitanim
02-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Every team has fans that deserve respect...the key is EARNING it...

Livinginthe past
02-18-2006, 06:11 PM
There are some fine, intelligent Bengal fans on here - they keep things just the right side of good taste but you gotta love the edge between the Steelers and the Bengals.

Especially now that the Bengals are a genuine threat.

NM

clevestinks
02-18-2006, 06:17 PM
We have 4 or 5 that or very good posters, then we have a couple jackasses! Motley, and BengalBrian to name a couple, come in and bring some good conversation to the table.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2006, 07:02 PM
I respect most of the bengal fans that post here on SF and some over on the bengals forum..but like all teams in the league they have their share are asses too.

Koopa
02-18-2006, 07:49 PM
yeah there's like 3 on here that i respect, motley, bengalsfan (wtf ever happened to him?), and cantstop85 (unless you put ike on him :grin:)

Suitanim
02-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Cantstop85? Dude, he's the worst! That was the guy who COULD NOT STOP saying that Cowher told Kimo to take Palmer's knee out...

Koopa
02-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Cantstop85? Dude, he's the worst! That was the guy who COULD NOT STOP saying that Cowher told Kimo to take Palmer's knee out...

oh thought that was gocats they all look the same to me.....well then **** em all

clevestinks
02-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Does anyone like gocats? Even the bengals fans hate him

LambertIsGod58
02-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Does anyone like gocats? Even the bengals fans hate him

I think a resounding NO is the answer everyone is looking for.....

83-Steelers-43
02-18-2006, 10:02 PM
As a whole, no I don't like Bengal fans. They are jokes. You didn't hear shit from them the last fifteen years and then all of sudden they act like they have owned the division the last fifteen years and have been following their team through thick and thin. I have a buddy that's a Bengal fan, but he can even admit his fanbase is a complete joke. I'm not stating they are all jokes, just the majority.

Motley Nate
02-19-2006, 10:29 AM
I am curious I was looking over a bengals forum, i became a member there just to reply to there nonsense but I had one bungle fan tell me that they are members here and are respected?!?! i got a good laugh out of that!! What do you all think?
Congratulations. You gave it the ol' college try, but you were unsuccessful in both trolling CincyBengals.com and then trying to back door their members on other boards.

:busted:

I hate their team, but I respect these guys here. They are a) die-hards and b) knowledgable about the game. That commands respect. Something you have much to learn about.

Every team has their fans, quite like you, that give the whole "fanatic arena" a bad name. Troll from site to site looking for someone to bait on the rotten bait you leave out. What's funny is that I'd say GoCats' credibility would far exceed yours.

BB2W
02-19-2006, 10:36 AM
I live near Cincy and I resect the Bengals fans that know how to take a loss like a man, but for the most part their fanbase is full of sore losers and crybabies. I have never seen such an epidemic spread through 90% of a fanbase like it has with Bengals fans. I think it has something to do with them losing for 15 years. They really do not know how to react to their team losing... they are worse than Seahawks fans post Superbowl XL. :twocents:

Stlrs4Life
02-19-2006, 11:05 AM
There's some good, and some bad. After 1 good season they did react like they heve been great for years though. Maybe they do not know how to be "Modest".

Milkman
02-19-2006, 11:35 AM
I live near Cincy and I resect the Bengals fans that know how to take a loss like a man, but for the most part their fanbase is full of sore losers and crybabies. I have never seen such an epidemic spread through 90% of a fanbase like it has with Bengals fans. I think it has something to do with them losing for 15 years. They really do not know how to react to their team losing... they are worse than Seahawks fans post Superbowl XL. :twocents:

:iagree: It's almost as if they think the NFL and fans of other teams "owe" them something for being losers for so long and now finally putting together a decent team.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-19-2006, 02:02 PM
I respect the fans that have been fans through the losing years.By that I mean they openly supported the Bengals,not hid the fact they were a Bengal fan for years.

The people that just popped out of the woodwork,I have no respect for them.

Petesburgh66
02-19-2006, 02:51 PM
As a whole, no I don't like Bengal fans. They are jokes. You didn't hear shit from them the last fifteen years and then all of sudden they act like they have owned the division the last fifteen years and have been following their team through thick and thin. I have a buddy that's a Bengal fan, but he can even admit his fanbase is a complete joke. I'm not stating they are all jokes, just the majority.

Agreed.

steelers07
02-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Congratulations. You gave it the ol' college try, but you were unsuccessful in both trolling CincyBengals.com and then trying to back door their members on other boards.

:busted:

I hate their team, but I respect these guys here. They are a) die-hards and b) knowledgable about the game. That commands respect. Something you have much to learn about.

Every team has their fans, quite like you, that give the whole "fanatic arena" a bad name. Troll from site to site looking for someone to bait on the rotten bait you leave out. What's funny is that I'd say GoCats' credibility would far exceed yours.

Looks like your out numbered here. You obviously are the one trolling!!! Coming in here on purpose just to get me aggravated!! See here they treat people with a little more respect, unlike you! I love the fans here! You might have some knowledge I will respect you for that! But to me you are a bengay fan! And quite honestly, I don't think a team that has been hiding behind their shadow can adequately deserve respect! They win the division which we have owned, and demand respect? Give me a break, I will give Marvin credit on building his team up though! Honestly though until the Bengays have out numbered our championship titles, superbowls, and division plaques I will not respect that team! As far as the bengal fans who have stuck by them since day one I consider that a true fan! Most of Cincinnati fans are based on if they are winning or not! I' am not sure if that holds true to you or not. If it doesn't though I will give you credit for that because you are a true fan and deserve to talk shit! If it doesn't you have no business being a member of this site!

Livinginthe past
02-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Looks like your out numbered here. You obviously are the one trolling!!! Coming in here on purpose just to get me aggravated!! See here they treat people with a little more respect, unlike you! I love the fans here! You might have some knowledge I will respect you for that! But to me you are a bengay fan! And quite honestly, I don't think a team that has been hiding behind their shadow can adequately deserve respect! They win the division which we have owned, and demand respect? Give me a break, I will give Marvin credit on building his team up though! Honestly though until the Bengays have out numbered our championship titles, superbowls, and division plaques I will not respect that team! As far as the bengal fans who have stuck by them since day one I consider that a true fan! Most of Cincinnati fans are based on if they are winning or not! I' am not sure if that holds true to you or not. If it doesn't though I will give you credit for that because you are a true fan and deserve to talk shit! If it doesn't you have no business being a member of this site!

Congratulations on a great post.

The way you turned 'Bengals' into 'Bengays' was truly inspired.

Im not to sure how anyone can 'hide behind their shadow' - maybe you can explain that one to me.

NM

Motley Nate
02-19-2006, 07:46 PM
You bring up the respect question, it's proved to you that it could only be ruled on an individual basis. Everyone agreed that each team has mass groupings of asshat fans. Yet, I'm outnumbered on my opinions of respect... :rolleyes:

Enjoy your vacation away from CincyBengals. We will.

bigbensgirl7
02-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Well I'm with BB2W here...I don't have respect for a majority of thed Bengal fans that live around here. They have no class and their ignorance shows when ever they start talking football, HOWEVER there are some Bengal fans that I do respect and some (gocats...I can always laugh at) For the most part all of the Bengal fans on here and at CincyBengals have been really cool and BF21 you know I luv ya babe and gc I luv ya too when you are not bashing the black and gold!!!

Suitanim
02-19-2006, 08:36 PM
"I respect Bengals fans....for me to POOP ON!"

http://images.zap2it.com/20031113/triumph_latenightwithconanobrien_240_001.jpg

steelers07
02-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Congratulations on a great post.

The way you turned 'Bengals' into 'Bengays' was truly inspired.

Im not to sure how anyone can 'hide behind their shadow' - maybe you can explain that one to me.

NM

I am not sure if there was sarcasm in your post or not? Just to clarify though, I meant to say our shadows! It's was just a typo. Sorry :blush:

Suitanim
02-19-2006, 08:48 PM
I am not sure if there was sarcasm in your post or not? Just to clarify though, I meant to say our shadows! It's was just a typo. Sorry :blush:

LITP and sarcasm? Say it ain't so! Usually he just uses subtlety to demean the team, it's players and coaches, and especially the fans, and when it's pointed out, he makes few nice posts elsewhere to throw a little smoke screen down then throws up his hands as if to say "Who, me?".

Don't sweat it...if he was half as smart as he thought he was he'd be twice as smart as he actually is...

Livinginthe past
02-19-2006, 08:50 PM

Ok buddy.

I'm not one to pick on typo's.

Explain how you can hide behind your shadow or shadows.

Either will do.

NM

steelers07
02-19-2006, 08:51 PM
You bring up the respect question, it's proved to you that it could only be ruled on an individual basis. Everyone agreed that each team has mass groupings of asshat fans. Yet, I'm outnumbered on my opinions of respect... :rolleyes:

Enjoy your vacation away from CincyBengals. We will.

For Petes sake!! I give you a compliment and you still find ways to make hatred out of it! I am glad that you will! Answer me this, why did you even join here to begin with? You might have knowledge of the game, but why? In my opinion you just wanted to cause trouble! I admit that I did start a war at Cincybengals but truly tried to make amends at one point. Most of the threads there are about what the Steelers are doing. So I replied, maybe not giving the answer you would have liked but then again I don't like the Bungals! So do me a favor and take a vacation away from here! I am sure your still talking about me on that site, and that should keep you occupied for months!

steelers07
02-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Ok buddy.

I'm not one to pick on typo's.

Explain how you can hide behind your shadow or shadows.

Either will do.

NM

It was just a form of expression! My heavens take it as that. Sorry to get you riled up! :boxing:

steelers07
02-19-2006, 08:57 PM
LITP and sarcasm? Say it ain't so! Usually he just uses subtlety to demean the team, it's players and coaches, and especially the fans, and when it's pointed out, he makes few nice posts elsewhere to throw a little smoke screen down then throws up his hands as if to say "Who, me?".

Don't sweat it...if he was half as smart as he thought he was he'd be twice as smart as he actually is...

Thanks, I just got this computer and I am new to the board! Thank you for the notice :cool: . Any others in particual that are this way?

Livinginthe past
02-19-2006, 09:00 PM
It was just a form of expression! My heavens take it as that. Sorry to get you riled up! :boxing:

Expressions often make some sort of sense - thats why many people use them.

Here are some for reference.

"Clear as mud" - Mud isn't clear - in other words what is being said isn't clear at all.

"Thick as two short planks" - ill leave you to work that one out...think of it as homework.

NM

Suitanim
02-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks, I just got this computer and I am new to the board! Thank you for the notice :cool: . Any others in particual that are this way?

hardwork is one I'd steer clear of...LITP looks like Einstein compared to that mental midget.

P.S. I owned LITP's ass so badly over and over and over again he put me on ignore...that's why he doesn't respond to my posts. Well, that and the fact that I slam the door shut in his face everytime he tries to outwit me...

steelers07
02-19-2006, 09:08 PM
hardwork is one I'd steer clear of...LITP looks like Einstein compared to that mental midget.

P.S. I owned LITP's ass so badly over and over and over again he put me on ignore...that's why he doesn't respond to my posts. Well, that and the fact that I slam the door shut in his face everytime he tries to outwit me...

I see he obviously keeps replying to me i am going to put him on ignore! I am not dealing with out of control fans here! He is honestly just starting trouble aka Trolling!

Livinginthe past
02-19-2006, 09:15 PM
I see he obviously keeps replying to me i am going to put him on ignore! I am not dealing with out of control fans here! He is honestly just starting trouble aka Trolling!

No you aren't.

I think you're lying - i'd put money on it.

You are clearly the one who is the troll - trolling a Bengals board - now even a Steeler board.

NM

steelers07
02-19-2006, 09:35 PM
No you aren't.

I think you're lying - i'd put money on it.

You are clearly the one who is the troll - trolling a Bengals board - now even a Steeler board.

NM

Honestly, who are you a fan of because I am not sure? If you don't like what I posted why do you keep replying? I am not trolling here! The bengals board yeah I was i admitted that! If you had been reading my previous posts you would know that. You are starting trouble with me what's the deal?

CantStop85
02-19-2006, 09:38 PM
I think you have mistaken me for another, sir. I was actually one of the guys telling everyone to get over it and explaining that it wasn't a cheap shot. I think I made one reference to it actually being a cheap shot, but it was more in the context of a joke.

I'm a good Bengals fan.

Livinginthe past
02-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Honestly, who are you a fan of because I am not sure? If you don't like what I posted why do you keep replying? I am not trolling here! The bengals board yeah I was i admitted that! If you had been reading my previous posts you would know that. You are starting trouble with me what's the deal?

I dislike ignorant 'football fans' - alot of the Steeler 'fans' who have turned up after the SB win have been pretty obnoxious - so you aren't in a minority.

You don't sound like the tough guy who is allegedly the talk of Cincybengals.com - are you an imposter?

Didn't take you long to take me off ignore again did it? Ha ha.

NM

steelers07
02-19-2006, 10:00 PM
I dislike ignorant 'football fans' - alot of the Steeler 'fans' who have turned up after the SB win have been pretty obnoxious - so you aren't in a minority.

You don't sound like the tough guy who is allgedly the talk of Cincybengals.com - are you an imposter?

Didn't take you long to take me off ignore again did it? Ha ha.

NM

If you dislike ignorant football fans why do you defend bengal fans?..... Look I didn't join here because of the super bowl win! I joined here to talk with intelligent fans about the steelers news and updates. Since your obvioulsy not interested in anything the Steelers are up to, I pose this question for you again, Why are you here?

Livinginthe past
02-19-2006, 10:15 PM
If you dislike ignorant football fans why do you defend bengal fans?..... Look I didn't join here because of the super bowl win! I joined here to talk with intelligent fans about the steelers news and updates. Since your obvioulsy not interested in anything the Steelers are up to, I pose this question for you again, Why are you here?

Sure - just a huge coincidence I am sure.

I am here primarily to talk football - I enjoy participating on a forum where a majority of the core Steeler fans know what they are talking about.

The first thing you do when you get here is start blasting Bengal fans and admit to trolling their board.

Of course, its possible I got this all wrong and you will turn out to be a valuable SF member - time will tell.

BTW - if you look a little to your left you will notice the helmet of the team I follow.

I hope this has satisfied your boundless curiosity.

NM

Motley Nate
02-20-2006, 12:13 AM
For Petes sake!! I give you a compliment and you still find ways to make hatred out of it! I am glad that you will! Answer me this, why did you even join here to begin with? You might have knowledge of the game, but why? In my opinion you just wanted to cause trouble! I admit that I did start a war at Cincybengals but truly tried to make amends at one point. Most of the threads there are about what the Steelers are doing. So I replied, maybe not giving the answer you would have liked but then again I don't like the Bungals! So do me a favor and take a vacation away from here! I am sure your still talking about me on that site, and that should keep you occupied for months!
I joined here back in October before the first game between the Bengals and Steelers during the 05 season, reason being that I normally tried to chat with opposing teams' fans the week before games. No vacation will be granted, likely because I wouldn't refer to these moderators in the same terms you used with the others.

Go read my posts if you want a history lesson on what I do here. Get over yourself, you're really nothing more than some androgynous being looking to spread more of your bipolar antics on message boards.

clevestinks
02-20-2006, 05:33 AM
I joined here back in October before the first game between the Bengals and Steelers during the 05 season, reason being that I normally tried to chat with opposing teams' fans the week before games. No vacation will be granted, likely because I wouldn't refer to these moderators in the same terms you used with the others.

Go read my posts if you want a history lesson on what I do here. Get over yourself, you're really nothing more than some androgynous being looking to spread more of your bipolar antics on message boards.
I have to defend Nate here, he is a fair, good poster. He takes his bumps, and dishes out when needed. Also he knows that the Blast Furnace is for the true smack.

I myself went to the bengals board a few times in the early part of the season, more to defend Ben than anything else. They were really knocking him over there. I wish I would have never went, but I did and havent been back. We don`t really bash palmer around here, so I didn`t appreciate the Ben bashing over there.

Suitanim
02-20-2006, 10:57 AM
I think you have mistaken me for another, sir. I was actually one of the guys telling everyone to get over it and explaining that it wasn't a cheap shot. I think I made one reference to it actually being a cheap shot, but it was more in the context of a joke.

I'm a good Bengals fan.
I may have confused you with BigCat...all that orange and black makes my head hurt sometimes...

CantStop85
02-20-2006, 01:23 PM
I may have confused you with BigCat...all that orange and black makes my head hurt sometimes...
I was wondering why you all of sudden started hating me (besides the typical Bengal fan-Steeler fan hate). :bouncy:

steelers07
02-20-2006, 05:40 PM

I don't need a history lesson from you first of all! I think if anything you need to get over your obsession with me! I didn't see any recent posts from you until you found out I was a member here! Now since I am not posting on the bungals site anymore you come here! Not one steeler fan here has givin me any grief because I am not causing trouble! Be that as it may, I am sure that this is the only other opposing site your a member of! To be brutally honest, I don't know you very well but from what I can decipher you should stick to football talk and not smack talk!

tony hipchest
02-20-2006, 06:08 PM
i will vouch for motley nate. he likes to talk football, knows his stuff, and likes to have fun in the blast furnace. i think his rep pts. vs. post ratio speaks for itself. he is one that can be engaged in a debate and neither party feel disrespected.

Livinginthe past
02-20-2006, 06:15 PM
I will vouch for Tony Hipchest.

He is a slippery eel when it comes to debating- but I have to say...some of his Blast Furnace 'exclusives' seem more than a little fishy........

NM

tony hipchest
02-20-2006, 06:48 PM
i will vouch for motley nate. he likes to talk football, knows his stuff, and likes to have fun in the blast furnace. i think his rep pts. vs. post ratio speaks for itself. he is one that can be engaged in a debate and neither party feel disrespected. and the same for LITP. necessary evils that make the board fun, and help it from becoming stagnant. regardless, mostly everyone at this site seems to share 1 thing in common, the love and passion of our team and the nfl as a whole.

steelers07
02-20-2006, 06:57 PM
i will vouch for motley nate. he likes to talk football, knows his stuff, and likes to have fun in the blast furnace. i think his rep pts. vs. post ratio speaks for itself. he is one that can be engaged in a debate and neither party feel disrespected.

Not to be disrespectful towards you, as you are a fan of the greatest team on earth! I do not disagree with you I am sure his posts and true and knowledgeable! As his knowledge would be more warmed by me if he took the time to talk with me and not blast me! As I have said nothing intentionally disrespectful to him on these threads/boards. Motley Nate and I have history on the Bengals site, that he has continued over to here. That is where the animosity towards him comes from, not his knowledge or relaxed previous posts!

tony hipchest
02-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Not to be disrespectful towards you, as you are a fan of the greatest team on earth! I do not disagree with you I am sure his posts and true and knowledgeable! As his knowledge would be more warmed by me if he took the time to talk with me and not blast me! As I have said nothing intentionally disrespectful to him on these threads/boards. Motley Nate and I have history on the Bengals site, that he has continued over to here. That is where the animosity towards him comes from, not his knowledge or relaxed previous posts! cool. and no disrespect taken, especially for voicing an opinion. and by no means am i trying to settle any beef. i actually enjoy watching it being played out on these boards, :bouncy: and i definitely cant vouch for what takes place on the bengals site.

Livinginthe past
02-20-2006, 07:19 PM
and the same for LITP. necessary evils that make the board fun, and help it from becoming stagnant. regardless, mostly everyone at this site seems to share 1 thing in common, the love and passion of our team and the nfl as a whole.

A necessary evil?

Why thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this board....

I hope that single tear of joy running down my face doesnt land on the keyboard and short circuit it! :sofunny:

NM

tony hipchest
02-20-2006, 07:42 PM
A necessary evil?

Why thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this board....

I hope that single tear of joy running down my face doesnt land on the keyboard and short circuit it! :sofunny:

NM
lol. im pretty sure after the way your patriots played this year your keyboard is tearproof. if it survived this season, im sure it could survive being in new orleans during the hurricaine. :busted:

Livinginthe past
02-20-2006, 07:45 PM
lol. im pretty sure after the way your patriots played this year your keyboard is tearproof. if it survived this season, im sure it could survive being in new orleans during the hurricaine. :busted:

Ha ha.

This is true.

It all started when it became clear that Bruschi wasn't an android placed on the Earth to deliver 20 consecutive Championships to the Patriots.....

NM

hardwork
02-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Of course the best FOOTBALL fan in this forum is me. A war horse if there ever was one. The worst poster on the board is suitanut.

tony hipchest
02-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Of course the best FOOTBALL fan in this forum is me. A war horse if there ever was one. The worst poster on the board is suitanut. comparing suits vs. your rep points would suggest otherwise, and since the steelers have 5 sb's vs. the patriots 3, all steelerfans here would be considered the BEST football fans, as opposed to a patfan like you.

Motley Nate
02-20-2006, 08:20 PM
I don't need a history lesson from you first of all! I think if anything you need to get over your obsession with me! I didn't see any recent posts from you until you found out I was a member here! Now since I am not posting on the bungals site anymore you come here! Not one steeler fan here has givin me any grief because I am not causing trouble! Be that as it may, I am sure that this is the only other opposing site your a member of! To be brutally honest, I don't know you very well but from what I can decipher you should stick to football talk and not smack talk!
You quote my comment to you to start the thread. Am I not "allowed" to respond? Then you call me obsessed. Apparently, the Super Bowl doesn't qualify as "recent".

:toofunny:

Humorous but childish. Not even sure why you created this thread in the Blast Furnace. It's not even smack.

:dang:

Let me know when you're ready to talk football. I'm done playing jump rope with you.

steelers07
02-20-2006, 08:33 PM
You quote my comment to you to start the thread. Am I not "allowed" to respond? Then you call me obsessed. Apparently, the Super Bowl doesn't qualify as "recent".

Humorous but childish. Not even sure why you created this thread in the Blast Furnace. It's not even smack.

:dang:

Let me know when you're ready to talk football. I'm done playing jump rope with you.

Well I am not sure why you are responding to this thread either. If you had been posting within the last 6 days before you found out I was a member, I would think differently of you! In my opinion you are trolling so please go back to bengal land! Better yet just chat with the other members here who might appreciate you because I clearly dont!

CantStop85
02-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Well I am not sure why you are responding to this thread either. If you had been posting within the last 6 days before you found out I was a member, I would think differently of you! In my opinion you are trolling so please go back to bengal land! Better yet just chat with the other members here who might appreciate you because I clearly dont!
Can't we all just get along?

Livinginthe past
02-20-2006, 08:54 PM

Who the hell do you think YOU are?

Coming in here causing trouble!

What?

It wasn't you?

Oops. Silly paranoid me.

NM

tony hipchest
02-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Can't we all just get along?say "the steelers rule all" 10 times and we will think about it:blurp:

CantStop85
02-20-2006, 09:00 PM
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all

Strange...it censored out part of it. :blurp:

tony hipchest
02-20-2006, 09:09 PM
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all
The steelers **** all

Strange...it censored out part of it. :blurp:

lol. go figure.

83-Steelers-43
02-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Why would it censor out the word "rule"?

Livinginthe past
02-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Why would it censor out the word "rule"?

Its the twisted logic of the SF built-in 'language moderator'.

A rule can be used to measure your **** therefore it becomes tainted by association.

Thats what the SF 'language moderator' told me anyway.

NM

tony hipchest
02-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Its the twisted logic of the SF built-in 'language moderator'.

A rule can be used to measure your **** therefore it becomes tainted by association.

Thats what the SF 'language moderator' told me anyway.

NMshouldnt the word "taint" be censored? after all the bunk sb ref hooplah, i say yes.

Livinginthe past
02-20-2006, 10:53 PM
shouldnt the word "taint" be censored? after all the bunk sb ref hooplah, i say yes.

The SF 'language moderator' says the word S*******L is going to partly censored until the Pats win it again.

Can't argue with the language moderators impecable logic!

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
02-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Hey, dont blame us, we didnt create that ever so perfect language filter :laughing:

Motley Nate
02-21-2006, 12:41 AM

It's a birthright for Bengals and Steelers fans to never get along for the most part, that is, until either team plays the Browns.

Motley Nate
02-21-2006, 12:51 AM
Great it's settled.

I'll keep posting here as I have and you'll be, well, you. Peaceful coexisting of course.

Joy.

:cheers:

Steel - X
02-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Damn to bad I was taking the day off yesterday would have loved to be a part of the Troller nate bashing :rollseyes:. I mean you only have 352 posts to his 18 with 18 of them in this post. Jump on......

http://images.burningman.com/gallery/sifter.4446.jpg

steelers07
02-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Damn to bad I was taking the day off yesterday would have loved to be a part of the Troller nate bashing :rollseyes:. I mean you only have 352 posts to his 18 with 18 of them in this post. Jump on......

http://images.burningman.com/gallery/sifter.4446.jpg

I am sorry what is that all about?

Livinginthe past
02-21-2006, 06:41 PM
I am sorry what is that all about?

Looks like some kind of wagon to me...ill be darned if I know exactly what type.....

Maybe someone else can help out?

NM

steelers07
02-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Looks like some kind of wagon to me...ill be darned if I know exactly what type.....

NM

Wow if you aren't the brightest crayon in the box! Must be electric pink!

tony hipchest
02-21-2006, 07:16 PM

NM

lol. it looks like a GIANT radio flyer to me. the question is.....do any of those fans on board have musical instruments?.

CantStop85
02-21-2006, 07:57 PM
lol. it looks like a GIANT radio flyer to me. the question is.....do any of those fans on board have musical instruments?.
hhmm it looks like a big wagon with a bunch of people in it...looks like these people may be steeler fans...and the people are all wearing what looks like rings maybe...and the guy who took the picture (steelers07, perhaps?) is chasing the wagon, trying to hop on...

I don't get it...what could it mean? :bouncy:

Cape Cod Steel Head
02-21-2006, 09:09 PM
More than we do Clowns fans.

Suitanim
02-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Although it's a funny picture, it actually looks more like a bunch of stoned hippies at "Burning Man" out in Nevada...

I'm pretty sure that the consumate dictionary definition of bandwagonning is English (as in living in England) folks jumping New England's ship...There's one or two...well, there's one of those here.

steelers07
02-21-2006, 09:30 PM
hhmm it looks like a big wagon with a bunch of people in it...looks like these people may be steeler fans...and the people are all wearing what looks like rings maybe...and the guy who took the picture (steelers07, perhaps?) is chasing the wagon, trying to hop on...

I don't get it...what could it mean? :bouncy:

Hmm, well aren't we orignal! To me It looks like it's got the fan base from the 02 bengal team o wait........i see a whole bunch of fans running after it with division champion shirts on...must be because they started winning how could I have been so blind!! :dang:

Livinginthe past
02-21-2006, 11:44 PM
So....we all agree its a wagon - but we aren't too sure what type just yet.....

NM

clevestinks
02-22-2006, 07:24 AM
So....we all agree its a wagon - but we aren't too sure what type just yet.....

NM
I always thought it was a BUS, not a wagon

Steel - X
02-22-2006, 08:15 AM
http://www.uga.edu/GIFS/band-big.jpg

Mosca
02-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Internet forums notwithstanding, when I used to make it to 6-10 ogames a year Steelers fans and Bengals fans always seemed to get along together very well while tailgating. Face to face is where it matters.

I remember one game, about 25 years ago, maybe '80. It was after the game type tailgating, and this one Steelers fan and a Bengals fan were really going at it; not arguing, but fighting. Fists, kicks, wrestling, the real deal. Shirts off, blood everywhere. Every 10 minutes or so they'd stop, throw their arms over each other's shoulders, grab another beer and laugh about something. Then after they got rested, the fighting would start again. It went on until maybe an hour. Around maybe 5:30/6PM, their friends decided to pull them apart, and there was lots of heartfelt goodbyes and "see you guys in Cincy" stuff as the vans left for Ohio and wherever, West Mifflin maybe. Goofiest thing I ever saw.

Coal crackers and mill hunks, more the same than you might think.

Tom

83-Steelers-43
02-23-2006, 09:06 AM
I attend every Steeler home game and compared to other stadiums, Steeler fans are mild mannered when it comes to opposing team fans. You have your occasional heckle which is to be expected, but it doesn't really get out of hand (fights, stabbings, shootings, verbal arguments, etc. etc.).

On a few occasions it got a little hairy in our section (Philly fans in particular, last season). They normally get ejected. Passionate fans, love their team, but complete a-holes.

As for Bengal fans at Heinz. Well, I personally have not seen many of them (even this season). I saw more Bear fans at Heinz this season than Bengal fans. The ones that I did see got heckled on and that's about it. All they responded with was "Who-dey?". As we all know, that question was eventually answered.

Lyn
02-25-2006, 07:32 PM
The Bengal fans we have tailgated with have been great and are now good online friends. Other NFL members who have represented their team at our tailgates is the Raiders and they too have been awesome

CantStop85
02-25-2006, 08:29 PM
nothing brings people together like alchohol
More like nothing brings cops quicker than alcohol...

tony hipchest
02-25-2006, 09:05 PM
More like nothing brings cops quicker than alcohol... thats a funny sig. too bad that hiesman wasnt won in the afc north. plus it cant be worn on a finger in the public to pick up babes!:bouncy:

theres no *bling* to it either

big ben = sb champ! screw the heisman, the future is here and now.

SteelerzGirl
02-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Well I like CantStop85 because he loves Pittsburgh women, Motley Nate because he's a sweetheart, and that other dude (BengalsFan21) who wears the funky clothes who has the hots for the Steelers girl. That's about it...(lol)! :smile:

Ambridge
02-26-2006, 06:17 PM
thats a funny sig. too bad that hiesman wasnt won in the afc north. plus it cant be worn on a finger in the public to pick up babes!:bouncy:

theres no *bling* to it either

big ben = sb champ! screw the heisman, the future is here and now.

Carson can sit around and "Polish the Helmet" on his Heisman Trophy.

MAN-O-STEEL
02-27-2006, 02:36 PM
HEY,cntstop85, did you ever think showing those two pictures of Ben & Carson proves something? like maybe Ben a better QB than Carson even if he was drunk and Carson was sober? just food for thought.

Hawk Believer
02-27-2006, 07:05 PM
HEY,cntstop85, did you ever think showing those two pictures of Ben & Carson proves something? like maybe Ben a better QB than Carson even if he was drunk and Carson was sober? just food for thought.
Are you saying that Ben is a "Bodiest"?

bengalsfan21
02-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Well I like CantStop85 because he loves Pittsburgh women, Motley Nate because he's a sweetheart, and that other dude (BengalsFan21) who wears the funky clothes who has the hots for the Steelers girl. That's about it...(lol)! :smile:

So are you saying your single :wink:

bengalsfan21
02-28-2006, 11:57 AM

Well considering Palmer has more att, completions, and TD' then Ben I just don't see a comparision here :busted:

83-Steelers-43
02-28-2006, 03:41 PM
One ring to zero rings. Interesting.

bengalsfan21
02-28-2006, 03:49 PM
cheap shot + refs help ='s ring you don't have to be a rocket scientist to do the mouth

BB2W
02-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Well considering Palmer has more att, completions, and TD' then Ben I just don't see a comparision here :busted:
You finally show your face here after the Steelers championship win and you bring the same old ass argument. I don't care if he throws three times as much as Ben. Ben is a winner and the only stats you need to know is that Ben is 4-1 vs the Bungs, and a world champion.

BB2W
02-28-2006, 03:56 PM
cheap shot + refs help ='s ring you don't have to be a rocket scientist to do the mouth
Steelers championship + Bengalsfan21 = a crybaby sore loser

Go cry somewhere else... I'm sure you can find a shoulder to lean on at a Seahawks site.

83-Steelers-43
02-28-2006, 04:02 PM

:rolleyes:

Your sad.

83-Steelers-43
02-28-2006, 04:05 PM

Obviously you need to be in order to type a simple sentence.

CantStop85
02-28-2006, 04:45 PM
You finally show your face here after the Steelers championship win and you bring the same old ass argument. I don't care if he throws three times as much as Ben. Ben is a winner and the only stats you need to know is that Ben is 4-1 vs the Bungs, and a world champion.
Football's a team sport, right? Well, wouldn't you say Ben has a better team around him than Carson does? Wouldn't you say that that would probably give Ben the edge in the W column? It's the same logic as why Carson won the national championship in college and Ben didn't...it's the level of talent surrounding the quarterback.

In head-to-head matchups this season, Ben was 1-1 against Carson's team and Carson was 1-1 against Ben's team...every game the Bengals win is totally dependent on Carson. You can't say the same for Ben... Don't believe me? Look at the superbowl. If Carson had a terrible performance like Ben did in the superbowl, do you think the Bengals would have won? No.

Carson can throw for 300 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INT's and still lose a game...why? Because he can't play defense too. And as you guys are so quick to point out...defense wins championships.

Stlrs4Life
02-28-2006, 04:51 PM
All you have to do is read all of the responses by the Bungle fans, and you can get your asnswer. That is why I don't respect them. I respect there team though.

83-Steelers-43
02-28-2006, 04:57 PM
but yet bengals fans still try to say had he not been injured,they would have beatin the steelers.

Buy that man a drink.

BB2W
02-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Football's a team sport, right? Well, wouldn't you say Ben has a better team around him than Carson does? Wouldn't you say that that would probably give Ben the edge in the W column? It's the same logic as why Carson won the national championship in college and Ben didn't...it's the level of talent surrounding the quarterback.
People seem to forget that pretty much the same roster was 6-10 before Ben got here. They are 1-4 when he's out... which makes them 7-14 without him, and 28-4 with him. I don't think those numbers prove how good his supporting cast is, and definitely proves that Ben is the difference.

You Bengals fans really need to quit making excuses... It's really pathetic, but so is pretty much the franchise and the entire fanbase as a whole. Take your lumps like a man.

bengalsfan21
02-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Steelers championship + Bengalsfan21 = a crybaby sore loser

Go cry somewhere else... I'm sure you can find a shoulder to lean on at a Seahawks site.

I came here bc I just forgot about it plain and simple until Nate reminded me of it, I wouldn't have said shit if I wouldn't have seen a rark about Palmer just sitting back and watching bc he was injured.

CantStop85
02-28-2006, 05:51 PM
People seem to forget that pretty much the same roster was 6-10 before Ben got here. They are 1-4 when he's out... which makes them 7-14 without him, and 28-4 with him. I don't think those numbers prove how good his supporting cast is, and definitely proves that Ben is the difference.

You Bengals fans really need to quit making excuses... It's really pathetic, but so is pretty much the franchise and the entire fanbase as a whole. Take your lumps like a man.
I'll give you that the steelers were 6-10 the season before Ben was drafted...but the few years before that, the steelers were an upper-tier team.

My point put simply is that Ben doesn't have to go into almost every game knowing that he's going to have play in a shoot-out or that he'll have to throw 30-40 times. Carson has to deal with that almost everytime he steps on the field and he usually delivers.

I'm not making excuses...I am taking my lumps...I already acknowledged that the Steelers are better as a whole than are the Bengals. I'm simply making an argument for Carson being a better QB than Ben.

Motley Nate
02-28-2006, 08:22 PM
I came here bc I just forgot about it plain and simple until Nate reminded me of it, I wouldn't have said shit if I wouldn't have seen a rark about Palmer just sitting back and watching bc he was injured.
And all I did was tell him to cover over to say hi to a few people I've been talking to here that asked about him. End result: another Authority incident.

MAN-O-STEEL
03-01-2006, 04:21 PM
there in lies the problem, -- STATS,STATS,STATS,STATS. ONLY ONE STAT MATTERS. not comp% not att's, not td's. WINS,WINS WINS,WINS. busted:busted:

HburgXL06
03-03-2006, 01:03 PM

In head-to-head matchups this season, Ben was 1-1 against Carson's team and Carson was 1-1 against Ben's team...every game the Bengals win is totally dependent on Carson. You can't say the same for Ben... Don't believe me? Look at the superbowl. If Carson had a terrible performance like Ben did in the superbowl, do you think the Bengals would have won? No.

Carson can throw for 300 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INT's and still lose a game...why? Because he can't play defense too. And as you guys are so quick to point out...defense wins championships.

Sorry, had to jump in...Football is a team sport and it is teams that win games and championships and not single players. Another reason why Ben's stats may be less than Carson's is that the Steelers are a known running team and run a good 60% of their plays. It was only towards the playoffs that Ben showed his skills of being able to throw. Sure he had a few picks but he is only a 2nd year QB. You might try to say Carson is a younger QB in the league but still out-performs Ben. But the diff is that Ben is a leader of his team. If he makes a mistake he apologizes and moves on and helps the team to a victory. The players trust him and he trusts the players around him. He doesn't try to take the weight of the whole team and game on his shoulders to win it by himself. The way you talk about Carson he does just that. A QB can never win doing that because it puts too much pressure on himself he crumbles. Ex: Peyton Manning. He has a few supporting players around him but he always tries to take the whole weight of the team and game on himself and always crumbles in the playoffs. I know I just jumped into a flame war between individuals who don't like each other. Personally as of yet, I don't have no hate for anybody here. Just thought I'd say that. Peace.

BuFu

blackvelvet
03-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Depends... if you're a loser crybaby Bengals fan, than no.

tony hipchest
03-05-2006, 06:49 PM
even the stats are inconclusive to support his claim. both have started for 2 yrs . ben leads in completion%,and yards per attempt. and is 8 points higher in passer rating.

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2003 Cincinnati Bengals 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---
2004 Cincinnati Bengals 13 13 432 263 60.9 2897 6.71 76 18 18 25/178 34 8 77.3
2005 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 509 345 67.8 3836 7.54 70 32 12 19/105 43 9 101.1
TOTAL 29 29 941 608 64.6 6733 7.16 76 50 30 44/283 77 17 90.2

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2004 Pittsburgh Steelers 14 13 295 196 66.4 2621 8.88 58 17 11 30/213 43 7 98.1
2005 Pittsburgh Steelers 12 12 268 168 62.7 2385 8.90 85 17 9 23/129 35 12 98.6
TOTAL 26 25 563 364 64.7 5006 8.89 85 34 20 53/342 78 19 98.3:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

too freaking funny. and thrown 10 fewer int.'s which pretty much erases carsons edge in yards and td's.

whats funny is you wouldnt expect someone who played the position since the age of 5, won the heisman, and went to one of the most top notch programs in college, would need a year to ride the bench and learn the position, when ben, in his 4th-5th year playing qb, stepped in to a 6-10 team and went undefeated (setting an nfl record for ALL quarterbacks)

talk about delusional.

bigbensgirl7
03-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the Stats Master!

MAN-O-STEEL
03-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Finally I give the bunglefans this.
70's stats= FOUTS/// bowls=BRADSHAW
80's stats= MARINO/// BOWLS=MONTANA
90's stats=KELLY-MARINO/// BOWLS=AIKMAN
2000'S STATS=MANNING//// BOWLS=BRADY
THIS YEAR STATS= MANNING-PALMER/// BOWL= BIG BEN
Anyone see a trend?

CantStop85
03-06-2006, 07:02 PM
and another thing that i found interesting is the deep ball stats. bunghole fans seem to think carson throws the deep ball like none other,but yet ben has thrown more 20+,and 40+ balls. and keep in mind that palmer has thrown almost 400 more passes.and you can figure in the lack of a real deep threat for ben.
Two words: play action. When you run the ball as much as the steelers do, when you finally do pass, you're typically going to try to catch them off guard and go deep with the long ball. You see, in Pittsburgh, the steelers typically open up the passing game by running the ball. In Cincinnati, the bengals do the opposite by opening up the running game by passing the ball. Therefore you do not see as many of those play action deep balls in the Cincinnati arsenal in proportion to that of the Steelers...there just isn't that element of surprise there.

tony hipchest
03-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Two words: play action. When you run the ball as much as the steelers do, when you finally do pass, you're typically going to try to catch them off guard and go deep with the long ball. You see, in Pittsburgh, the steelers typically open up the passing game by running the ball. In Cincinnati, the bengals do the opposite by opening up the running game by passing the ball. Therefore you do not see as many of those play action deep balls in the Cincinnati arsenal in proportion to that of the Steelers...there just isn't that element of surprise there.

damn, ben would probably suck if he played in an offense that didnt rely on such gadgets as "play action". zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

tim686
03-10-2006, 08:01 PM
you have to respect bungel fans, staying with a team that bad and not know it is sad but respectful.

83-Steelers-43
03-10-2006, 08:28 PM
you have to respect bungel fans, staying with a team that bad and not know it is sad but respectful.

Staying with a team that bad? Did you happen to see the inside of their stadium before this season? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

HburgXL06
03-10-2006, 09:45 PM

No respect deserved when they try to support a team that is STILL bad and not know......they thought they were good because they made the playoffs one year...big deal come back in five years if and only if you've gotten in the playoffs all five years and have played in the AFC title game at least once. If you haven't I don't want to hear you say shit.

BuFu

CantStop85
03-10-2006, 11:35 PM
No respect deserved when they try to support a team that is STILL bad and not know......
Yeah, because a person who supports a bad team is not worthy of respect...a person who supports an elite team who wins a superbowl, now they're the one who's really worthy of respect, right? :dang:

tony hipchest
03-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Yeah, because a person who supports a bad team is not worthy of respect...a person who supports an elite team who wins a superbowl, now they're the one who's really worthy of respect, right? :dang: steelers missed the playoffs 3 times in a row in the late 90's and had a 6 year bad stretch in the 80-s. weve had our tough times too. not to mention our horrible 6-10 season in 03. (atleast we didnt need the #1 pick in the draft to land big ben though)

CantStop85
03-11-2006, 07:23 PM
did you finally admit the steelers were an elite team????............no take backs!!!!!!!!:checkit:
I consider any team who wins the superbowl to be an elite team.

Ohio Steeler
03-11-2006, 07:45 PM
I consider any team who wins the superbowl to be an elite team.

so do I

HburgXL06
03-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah, because a person who supports a bad team is not worthy of respect...a person who supports an elite team who wins a superbowl, now they're the one who's really worthy of respect, right? :dang:

No the problem is that the past few years when you all knew the team was bad and you didn't support them at all and one year they get a lil better than horrible and people come out in droves and think they are the best shit ever....that's what earns you no respect. Go ahead and claim to be the "kings of the AFC north or whatever...it's not like you had much to compete with...browns sucked, so did the ravens, and the Steelers had injuries...so when they got healed up and met you in the playoffs we showed you who the better team was, is, and will forever be. Peace.

BuFu

CantStop85
03-11-2006, 08:04 PM
it's not like you had much to compete with...browns sucked, so did the ravens, and the Steelers had injuries...so when they got healed up and met you in the playoffs we showed you who the better team was, is, and will forever be. Peace.

BuFu
Translation: Waaaaaahh :crying01:

Oh, so when you guys have injuries it makes a difference, but when we have injuries it doesn't? Our two starting safeties missed the entire season, TJ missed a handful of games, and Carson and Henry missed basically the entire playoff game against you guys. Give me a break...you guys won the superbowl, be happy about that and stop making excuses about an insignificant AFC North title.

83-Steelers-43
03-11-2006, 11:37 PM
LOL, Bengal fans are funny and amusing.

SteelerzGirl
03-12-2006, 12:52 AM

I respect you CantStop cuz you're a nice guy. I'd respect you even more if you supported the Pittsburgh Steelers, that elite team that won Super Bowl XL! :smile:

HburgXL06
03-12-2006, 03:39 AM
Translation: Waaaaaahh :crying01:

Oh, so when you guys have injuries it makes a difference, but when we have injuries it doesn't? Our two starting safeties missed the entire season, TJ missed a handful of games, and Carson and Henry missed basically the entire playoff game against you guys. Give me a break...you guys won the superbowl, be happy about that and stop making excuses about an insignificant AFC North title.

We the fans and the Steelers aren't makin excuses. We woulda won the AFC north title and beaten you guys in the playoffs even if you didn't have injuries. We were and are the stronger team. Just because you didn't have the starting or whatever players just makes it that you were a lil less than an average team. If you had beaten us but you would have never gotten past the colts...or the broncos. We were healthy which was a good thing and it was then that we showed you that we were/are the stronger team.

BuFu

CantStop85
03-12-2006, 05:32 PM
We woulda won the AFC north title and beaten you guys in the playoffs even if you didn't have injuries.
Well technically you only did one of those things.

We woulda won the AFC north title and beaten you guys in the playoffs even if you didn't have injuries.
Go ahead and claim to be the "kings of the AFC north or whatever...it's not like you had much to compete with...browns sucked, so did the ravens, and the Steelers had injuries

If your team was so dominant, why didn't they dominate the AFC North even when they had injuries?

Just because you didn't have the starting or whatever players just makes it that you were a lil less than an average team.

So does this work both ways? Can we take Ben Roethlisberger off of the Steelers and make them just a little less than elite team? Oh wait...that already happened and we saw the results.

Go crawl back to your hole, hypocrite.

CantStop85
03-12-2006, 05:34 PM
I respect you CantStop cuz you're a nice guy. I'd respect you even more if you supported the Pittsburgh Steelers, that elite team that won Super Bowl XL! :smile:
But then I'd be a bitter, angry guy...similar to Suit. :blurp: I'm content with keeping things how they are at the moment, but thanks for the consideration.

clevestinks
03-12-2006, 05:39 PM
I agree with the injuries or injury. We had Ben hurt, and Batch, Tommy sucked. And the team couldn`t rally around him after his reformances.

By the way 85 your sig needs some updating. Ben looks bad, but we`ve all taken bad pictures. You seem attracted to Palmers pretty boy picture????? Its not really fair for you to have Palmer holding the Heisman, and Ben not holding the Super Bowl Trophy. If the future of the AFCN is a heisman, you can have. Ask Palmer what he would rather have, gauranteed he wants a Lombardi.

CantStop85
03-12-2006, 09:20 PM
I agree with the injuries or injury. We had Ben hurt, and Batch, Tommy sucked. And the team couldn`t rally around him after his reformances.

By the way 85 your sig needs some updating. Ben looks bad, but we`ve all taken bad pictures. You seem attracted to Palmers pretty boy picture????? Its not really fair for you to have Palmer holding the Heisman, and Ben not holding the Super Bowl Trophy. If the future of the AFCN is a heisman, you can have. Ask Palmer what he would rather have, gauranteed he wants a Lombardi.
Don't worry...Carson will get his share of Lombardis before he's done, but Ben still won't have a heisman. :blurp:

Petesburgh66
03-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Don't worry...Carson will get his share of Lombardis before he's done

Yes, from playing franchise mode in Madden football.

Steel Pit
03-13-2006, 12:57 AM

And I'll tell you this, The Cincinnati Bengals have had season tickets available to the public for many years now. I can't speak for last season but for many seasons prior to that they were advertising their availability of season tickets on television throughout the state.
How many years will you wait on the Steelers season ticket list? 50?

Livinginthe past
03-13-2006, 07:58 AM
And I'll tell you this, The Cincinnati Bengals have had season tickets available to the public for many years now. I can't speak for last season but for many seasons prior to that they were advertising their availability of season tickets on television throughout the state.
How many years will you wait on the Steelers season ticket list? 50?

You think that might be linked to the relative success/ lack of success experienced by both teams?

I'd say it probably was.

NM

SalukiSteelers
03-13-2006, 11:31 AM
I don't respect or disrespect Bengals fans as a whole. Just like Steelers fans there are good and bad. If Cincy fan ever gets too ridiculous with comments -- think CJ or TJ sans talent -- simply point to the million Steelers SB Sports Illustrated commercials that ESPN2 runs. That should shut 'em up.

clevestinks
03-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Don't worry...Carson will get his share of Lombardis before he's done, but Ben still won't have a heisman. :blurp:

What ever happened to the TEAM GAME! Is Palmer a I,I,I, Me,Me,Me?

Ben already has the Lombardi! You cannot prove that Palmer ever will!

tony hipchest
03-13-2006, 04:14 PM
ben is rich enough to buy o.j.'s heisman at auction if he really wants one. whose lombardi can carson buy?

MNsteelers
03-14-2006, 06:16 PM

Don't ever challenge the SuperHuman who is Bill Belichick. Don't think for a second he can't read your thoughts, giving him extra motivation to go crazy and rattle off another three in four years....

Suitanim
03-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Don't ever challenge the SuperHuman who is Bill Belichick. Don't think for a second he can't read your thoughts, giving him extra motivation to go crazy and rattle off another three in four years....

Excellent point.

Little known fact: When Neitzsche was writing about "Das Uberman", he was, in fact, prophesizing about Bill Belichick. The fact that Bill is Croatian probably causes Friedrich to roll over in his grave every now and again, but...

Stlrs4Life
03-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Who was Neitzsche? Was he part of the 5th Reich?

Stlrs4Life
04-02-2006, 10:06 AM
After the above thhread in this forum, hell no, how can you respect a bunch of whining bandwagon fans.

Livinginthe past
04-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Steelers fan in 'lack of respect for Bengals fan' SHOCKER

Hold the press...this could be...HUGE

NM

Stlrs4Life
04-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Steelers fan in 'lack of respect for Bengals fan' SHOCKER

Hold the press...this could be...HUGE

NM

LOL! So true!

Stlrs4Life
04-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Besides.After thinking about this. Why should we respect them? They should be the ones showing us respect. We basically own them, it's not the other way around. Respect is earned, not given.

ARKIESTEEL
04-21-2006, 07:28 AM
no not today not game day if they beat us by 50 points no. They said we cheated to win I say go draft a O-line Old School football was put their players on the side line or out for the season folks dont recall Buddy Ryan putting bountys on players and that was only back in the 80's and that was how football was played. Do I respect their fans no never cant do it

3 to be 4
04-21-2006, 09:24 AM
No.

83-Steelers-43
04-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Besides.After thinking about this. Why should we respect them? They should be the ones showing us respect. We basically own them, it's not the other way around. Respect is earned, not given.

Amen.

3 to be 4
04-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Of course the best FOOTBALL fan in this forum is me. A war horse if there ever was one. The worst poster on the board is suitanut.

my lord, that was worthy of Tha Rock. Are you ok, HW?

3 to be 4
04-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Finally I give the bunglefans this.
70's stats= FOUTS/// bowls=BRADSHAW
80's stats= MARINO/// BOWLS=MONTANA
90's stats=KELLY-MARINO/// BOWLS=AIKMAN
2000'S STATS=MANNING//// BOWLS=BRADY
THIS YEAR STATS= MANNING-PALMER/// BOWL= BIG BEN
Anyone see a trend?

thank you. dont forget other not so thrilling stat QB's like Bob Griese who won 2 SB's and Bart Starr. QB is about winning, not stats

tony hipchest
04-21-2006, 07:51 PM
thank you. dont forget other not so thrilling stat QB's like Bob Griese who won 2 SB's and Bart Starr. QB is about winning, not stats

yep. steelers wouldve had a much greater chance at winning 3 more bowls if kordell or odonnell, just didnt screw it up. in other words: if they were winners.

(ben too....but i'll give him the "rookie" excuse for the chance at sb 39)

3 to be 4
04-22-2006, 04:37 PM
yep. steelers wouldve had a much greater chance at winning 3 more bowls if kordell or odonnell, just didnt screw it up. in other words: if they were winners.

(ben too....but i'll give him the "rookie" excuse for the chance at sb 39)

with Ben at QB the Steelers would have definately won it in 1995, maybe 1997, im not sure about 2001 since the Patriots had such a destiny stick up their butts.

tony hipchest
04-22-2006, 04:56 PM
with Ben at QB the Steelers would have definately won it in 1995, maybe 1997, im not sure about 2001 since the Patriots had such a destiny stick up their butts. well if 2001 wasnt destiny i dont know what to call it, cause with an ineffective and injured jerome bettis, 2 special team td's given up, and 3 crucial int's by our 6 year, multi million dollar veteran qb, the game was still close at 7 points. the blocked kick was a 10 point swing and just as impt as any of kordells int's (if not all 3)