PDA

View Full Version : Steeler arrested

Corban
02-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Just saw this on the TV.

(KDKA) MIAMI A Pittsburgh Steeler was reportedly arrested in Miami Beach, Fla., along with two other men after a fight broke out at a night club.

According to the Miami Herald and KDKA's sister station WFOR, Trai Essex was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting an officer with violence.

It reportedly happened early Saturday morning at Club Empire, located in Miami Beach.

The club?s general manager told the Miami Herald the fight started around 3 a.m. inside the club and spilled into the street.

Essex just completed his rookie season with the Steelers.

The Steelers have not yet released a statement about the arrest.

Think we will keep him?

24seven
02-18-2006, 08:09 PM
imagine that.. Essex is still stepping offsides even in the off season.....

Suitanim
02-18-2006, 08:14 PM
I'd like to know who reported this, who else was there, and when it happened. Tres Essex went to Northwestern (in Illinois), and they don't graduate dummies, nor do they hang out in Miami.

Atlanta Dan
02-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Just saw this on the TV.

(KDKA) MIAMI A Pittsburgh Steeler was reportedly arrested in Miami Beach, Fla., along with two other men after a fight broke out at a night club.

According to the Miami Herald and KDKA's sister station WFOR, Trai Essex was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting an officer with violence.

It reportedly happened early Saturday morning at Club Empire, located in Miami Beach.

The club’s general manager told the Miami Herald the fight started around 3 a.m. inside the club and spilled into the street.

Essex just completed his rookie season with the Steelers.

The Steelers have not yet released a statement about the arrest.

Think we will keep him?

Why not? - assuming he did not pull a Chris Henry and have a gun + assuming the toxicology tests come back and show nothing other than alcohol use, it's not as if he did anything as monumentally stupid as losing $100,000 worth of jewelry during the fight.

Suitanim
02-18-2006, 08:51 PM
For not the first time, and most certainly not the last, NOTHING GOOD HAPPENS TO PRO ATHLETE'S OUT AT 3 AM!!!!!

4xSBChamps
02-18-2006, 09:08 PM
For not the first time, and most certainly not the last, NOTHING GOOD HAPPENS TO PRO ATHLETE'S OUT AT 3 AM!!!!!
[radio-announcer #1]
"GOOD-MORNING, campers..... it's gonna be COLD-OUTSIDE this morning!!!!!"
[/radio-announcer #1]

[radio-announcer #2]
"It's cold outside EVERY-MORNING!!!!!"
[/radio-announcer #2]

clevestinks
02-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Here we go, Staley last week, Essex this week, we don`t need a bad rep

klick81
02-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I can hear all the teams we beat up on this season saying some bull like, "Oh, they're full of classless thugs" to undermine the team's hard work.

83-Steelers-43
02-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Difference is, we normally don't keep those "classless thugs" around very long unlike other teams (Cowboys, Raiders, Bengals, Ravens, etc.).

TasmanianTroy271
02-18-2006, 11:44 PM
I dunno, Marvel's still fairly young, but I'm not completely sold on Max Starks yet, and Trai did fill in fairly well for a 3rd round rookie when he did, going up against some good DE's...

Livinginthe past
02-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Anyone can get in a fight - sometimes its nearly impossible to avoid being in one - especially if you have a celebrity bulls-eye on your back.

Im sure this will be dealt with internally - no big deal - if it was to happen another couple of times ...then you have to get worried.

NM

clevestinks
02-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Anyone can get in a fight - sometimes its nearly impossible to avoid being in one - especially if you have a celebrity bulls-eye on your back.

Im sure this will be dealt with internally - no big deal - if it was to happen another couple of times ...then you have to get worried.

NM
Good point. Whenever tough guys get liqoured up and want to be the he man!

RoethlisBURGHer
02-19-2006, 01:38 PM

NM

I totally agree.

Hopefully Essex learned his lesson and will avoid this stuff,like not being out at 3:00 in the damn morning.

TexaSteeler
02-19-2006, 02:25 PM
[radio-announcer #1]
"GOOD-MORNING, campers..... it's gonna be COLD-OUTSIDE this morning!!!!!"
[/radio-announcer #1]

[radio-announcer #2]
"It's cold outside EVERY-MORNING!!!!!"
[/radio-announcer #2]

"Watch that first step, it's a dooooooooosy!!"

Favorite movie!!

Hawk Believer
02-19-2006, 02:33 PM
I totally agree.

Hopefully Essex learned his lesson and will avoid this stuff,like not being out at 3:00 in the damn morning.
Maybe he and Ken Hamlin can have a support group to work on this.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2006, 10:53 PM
This is all Plax's fault..ever since he got into that bit in the bar in VA he jinxed us that batrastard !

Essex will be around, he'll be fine. He's a solid backup tackle for us.

clevestinks
02-20-2006, 05:25 AM
I didnt realize that someone got stabbed, in that nightclub that evening????

Boy they sure are making it a big deal on cleveland news

SteelCityMan786
02-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Rid The Problem Causers. ASAP! If found guilty Take away his contract!

MattyD.
02-20-2006, 05:25 PM
"Watch that first step, it's a dooooooooosy!!"

Favorite movie!!
Phil? Ned. Phil? Remember me? Ned. Ned Ryerson. Needle nose Ned, Ned the head. BING! What an excellent flick.

L8R,
Matt D.

Rust-Buster
02-21-2006, 02:44 AM
That's the first news I've heard about it over here, I don't think it's being nationally covered. Hopefully the guy will pull himself together. Rookie mistake I guess, serious as it is.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-21-2006, 04:11 PM
I think its stupid to think a guy should be cut just for getting into a fight at a night club.
How easy is it to go out and get into trouble?
I dont think he should be out until 3 but remember hes proubably about 22????
What the hell is he suppose to do, stay home......Lift weights all day and night (that would be nice).....but really, hes a young kid......Slap him on the rist and move on

clevestinks
02-21-2006, 04:34 PM
I agree, just because he is a pro football player, doesnt mean he is any different than any other 22 year old kid. Hell he has only been legal to even go into a bar, for a year. We`ve all been there.

klick81
02-21-2006, 05:16 PM
LOL...true.

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 07:53 PM
what ever happended to this story? and when will the s. holmes story go the same route?

3 to be 4
05-30-2006, 07:55 PM
You see, they drafted Holmes and now all this trouble. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Suitanim
05-30-2006, 08:11 PM
I got into a fight at a titty bar once...true story.

I drank WAY too much (I think it was one of my birthdays), and my friends took me to a pretty mediocre booby bar. The girls were pretty nasty, and they were singing karaoke, and not very well. This was early 90's, so 80's metal was still in vogue...for those who don't know, I sang in a few 80's metal bands, and still had some chops back then.

Anyhoo, apparently, in my drunkedness, I became offended by the fat strippers horrible singing, and jumped up on stage, stole the mike from the chick, yelled a few unintelligible insults into the mike, and was then cold-****ed by the bulky bare-bottomed "babe".

I was knocked offstage, pummeled into my friends' table, knocking it and all the drinks it was holding onto me. I was pretty quickly kicked out, my friends drove me home, put me to bed, and went back to the titty bar.

I wonder, had I been a 1st round draft pick, how the headline would have read?

3 to be 4
05-30-2006, 08:23 PM
I got into a fight at a titty bar once...true story.

I drank WAY too much (I think it was one of my birthdays), and my friends took me to a pretty mediocre booby bar. The girls were pretty nasty, and they were singing karaoke, and not very well. This was early 90's, so 80's metal was still in vogue...for those who don't know, I sang in a few 80's metal bands, and still had some chops back then.

Anyhoo, apparently, in my drunkedness, I became offended by the fat strippers horrible singing, and jumped up on stage, stole the mike from the chick, yelled a few unintelligible insults into the mike, and was then cold-****ed by the bulky bare-bottomed "babe".

I was knocked offstage, pummeled into my friends' table, knocking it and all the drinks it was holding onto me. I was pretty quickly kicked out, my friends drove me home, put me to bed, and went back to the titty bar.

I wonder, had I been a 1st round draft pick, how the headline would have read?

New Suit Not a Nice Fit

Titty See the Rookie Last Night?

Wide Receiver Receives Wide Tight End, Splits After Late Hit

Suitanim
05-30-2006, 08:26 PM
I probably would have made a Helluva Raider!

3 to be 4
05-30-2006, 08:30 PM
your story kind of had a Brett Favre quality to it.

CantStop85
05-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Karma's a bitch, eh?

Suitanim
05-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Karma's a bitch, eh?

For whom?

83-Steelers-43
05-30-2006, 09:08 PM
This organization has a history of keeping players in check or dumping them when they get out of hand. When dealing with serious issues (drug use, flaunting a gun, having a mental breakdown during halftime of a playoff game) the player is gone.

Why explain this when it's already well known? I have no idea.

SteelShooter
05-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Karma's a bitch, eh?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!