PDA

View Full Version : K. Bell asked to restructure..

drizze99
02-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Chiefs | Team looking to redo Bell's contract
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:08:07 -0800

The Sports Xchange reports the Kansas City Chiefs are likely to do something with LB Kendrell Bell, who will count more than $7.2 million against the team's 2006 salary cap after experiencing an unproductive first season in Kansas City last year. Bell could well end up being a cap casualty.

Source: www.KFFL.com

IF he ends up being a cap casualty, should the Steelers go after him?

83-Steelers-43
02-18-2006, 09:53 PM
No suprise. If he could have only stayed healthy.

SteelerMurf
02-18-2006, 09:54 PM
I thought he stayed healthy all year this year?

Every Chiefs game I watched he was a total non-factor.

I had heard that he has some degenerative shoulder problems.

Whatever it is, he never seemed to match his rookie success.....not even really close.

Stlrs4Life
02-18-2006, 09:55 PM
All I know is, that he is not welcome back here.

83-Steelers-43
02-18-2006, 09:58 PM

Whatever it is, he never seemed to match his rookie success.....not even really close.

When I stated "If he could have only stayed healthy", I meant when he was with us. He could have been one hell of an LB. It's a shame.

Koopa
02-18-2006, 09:59 PM
no, we got foote, just let him begin his career as a jorney man

Dook
02-19-2006, 03:43 AM
$7.2m against the cap? For an LB? That's insane.

It's our system that makes the LB's look good. Kirkland, Flowers, Gildon, sure they were skilled players but they thought they were irreplaceable and worth much more than they were.

What worries me is that we are doing the same thing with Porter that we did with the above players we had to let go. Porters at $5m.

PisnNapalm
02-19-2006, 07:07 AM
All I have to say about Porter is .... back to back sacks on Manning. I think he's worth the money they're paying him. He brings more than just skill to the field. He's a locker room leader.

Dook
02-19-2006, 07:36 AM
It's easy to sack the QB when you are unblocked. All for the salary cap killing price of $5m.

Say goodbye to Randel El. We got Joey!

He'll be gone after next year anyway. No choice, salary cap wise.

Atlanta Dan
02-19-2006, 08:43 AM

Injuries can take down anyone. I believe Bell thought he was rushed back from his pre-season ankle injury in 2002 and never trusted the Steelers' on medical matters after that season, which in part led to his long absences in 2004.

I recall he was a monster in the Cleveland playoff game and then, probably due to playing on a numbed ankle the week before, could not go in the Titans game the next week. He was never really an impact player after that.

Bell's career is an example of the dangers of overpaying for FAs and how a young player's promise can quickly blow away.

Atlanta Dan
02-19-2006, 08:45 AM
It's easy to sack the QB when you are unblocked. All for the salary cap killing price of $5m.

Say goodbye to Randel El. We got Joey!

He'll be gone after next year anyway. No choice, salary cap wise.

Are you saying we should pay whatever ARE wants to keep him?

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Are you saying we should pay whatever ARE wants to keep him?

I really hope that's not the case. Then again, as long as the Rooney's don't have that frame of mind that's all that really matters. Thankfully, I don't think they do.

Dook
02-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Pay ARE whatever he wants? Absolutely not but I don't think we should pay Porter whatever he wants either and $5m is a pretty big cap hit especially when we have a very good backup LB for Porter and so many free agents we need to sign.

In a few years we are going to have to go deep into our pockets to keep Ben, Polo, and maybe Willie P. if he keeps putting up 1,000 yard seasons. Porter will certainly be cut then but I don't want his cap hit chipping away at us for years later like Gildon's.

clevestinks
02-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Man I really liked this guy, when healthy he is unstoppable. But he is never healthy!

RoethlisBURGHer
02-19-2006, 12:34 PM
I think now that Porter has tasted a Super Bowl Championship,and the fact that he's basicly financially set for life (or at least should be) I think he'd re-do his deal to stay and win rings.

Petesburgh66
02-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Even with a cap system, teams spend their money foolishly. It's the Chiefs fault they were willing to pay that much coin on a guy that has been injuiry proned the last few years. Imagine a system without a cap. Good grief.

Suitanim
02-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Oh boy...the season is only two weeks gone and we've already seen posts about bringing in:

Jerry Rice
Fu
Kordell Stewart
Ray Lewis
Jamal Lewis
and now Kendrell Bell.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not for the first time, and certainly not for the last, I am SO glad that fans don't run the front office of the Steelers...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2006, 09:47 PM
All I know is, that he is not welcome back here.

right on, let the chiefs keep overpaying for him...we dont need him.