PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Steelers/Giants game

whatdoiknow
08-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Since we now know that starter Eli Manning is out. And now back-up Jim Sorgi will also be out. Does it really help the steelers all that much to really play alot of their starters for very long at all ? Or maybe not at all since the Giants 1st team offense will basically be nothing close to what it normally is ? I mean wouldn't it be a good opportunity to see what Worilds..( If he is healthy )..or Gibson can do ? Maybe start some of our younger DB's Instead of risking Ike, or Troy ?

Was just wondering what your thoughts are...thanks.

SteeleReign
08-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Since we now know that starter Eli Manning is out. And now back-up Jim Sorgi will also be out. Does it really help the steelers all that much to really play alot of their starters for very long at all ? Or maybe not at all since the Giants 1st team offense will basically be nothing close to what it normally is ? I mean wouldn't it be a good opportunity to see what Worilds..( If he is healthy )..or Gibson can do ? Maybe start some of our younger DB's Instead of risking Ike, or Troy ?

Was just wondering what your thoughts are...thanks.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think it matters much as the starters won't play more than two series anyway. Worilds, et al will get plenty of chances to make an impact.

stb_steeler
08-19-2010, 04:57 PM
They said Ben will play, but not for long. I wouldnt even play the starters at all.

pete74
08-19-2010, 05:18 PM
its still good practice. the defensive line will still be going against there offensive line and vice versa.

SteeleReign
08-19-2010, 05:24 PM
its still good practice. the defensive line will still be going against there offensive line and vice versa.

That's the bottom line. There is very little game-planning done in preseason in regards to the the opponent. It's mostly to get up to game speed, take a few hits, and to allow the team to gel before the Ws & Ls matter.