PDA

View Full Version : Byron Leftwich..A.K.A., Captain Delusional!!

whatdoiknow
08-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Lefty is seriously one dumb dude. It's amazing, I didn't think anything on Leftwich could be slower than his feet. But obviously his Brain is!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/20/when-talking-about-the-jaguars-byron-leftwich-sounds-like-rex-ryan/

SteelKnight
08-21-2010, 10:50 AM
If Dixon wins the starting position he won't be so happy.

whatdoiknow
08-21-2010, 11:13 AM
A former Jag player totally hits nail on head about Lefty.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/21/former-jags-player-wants-byron-leftwich-to-shut-up/

chacha
08-21-2010, 12:13 PM
well in Lefty's defense, I'm glad he found paradise! :cooldude:

whatdoiknow
08-21-2010, 12:21 PM
well in Lefty's defense, I'm glad he found paradise! :cooldude:

Oh yeah paradise....so much so that after the 2008 season Lefty sprinted out of Pittsburgh for Tampa ?.....Tampa Bay ? Nig gas PLEASE!....Manus was 100 % right. Leftwich thought he was ALL DAT and a Bag " O " Chips. Didn't want to work hard. Thought he didn't need to Improve on anything, and was showing up to Red Carpet events like was Mother Faulking " Brad Pitt " :doh:

If Pittsburgh didn't deal away a late draft pick for Leftwich, Tampa was for sure going to Dump him, and we then could have gotten him for nothing. Cause no other team would be stupid enough to sign " Lead feet Lefty " :banging:

truesteelerfan
08-21-2010, 12:25 PM
How could any of us be upset by his comments- I read it and immediately thought 'of course he wants to finish his career as a steeler- who wouldn't. No of course whether he does or not will depend on what he does on the field- but there's nothing wrong IMO about stating a compliment to the steelers organization

Hobbes
08-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Oh yeah paradise....so much so that after the 2008 season Lefty sprinted out of Pittsburgh for Tampa ?.....Tampa Bay ? Nig gas PLEASE!....Manus was 100 % right. Leftwich thought he was ALL DAT and a Bag " O " Chips. Didn't want to work hard. Thought he didn't need to Improve on anything, and was showing up to Red Carpet events like was Mother Faulking " Brad Pitt " :doh:

If Pittsburgh didn't deal away a late draft pick for Leftwich, Tampa was for sure going to Dump him, and we then could have gotten him for nothing. Cause no other team would be stupid enough to sign " Lead feet Lefty " :banging:

Lead feet Lefty :applaudit: I gotta remember that one!

steelerchad
08-21-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't think Lefty said anything wrong in that interview. He was an adequate QB, when he started in JAX and his numbers show that. When Ben went down he filled in with solid success. I think he'll do the same for us the first 4 games of this year. I would think 2-2 would be adequate and keep us in the race for a playoff spot.

He left for Tampa, because he thought he had a chance to be a starter there. He knew he had no chance here to start, except if Ben got hurt or suspended. He wasn't specifically chasing money, he wanted to start and money comes along with that. At this point in his career, I think he knows all he'll be is a backup. What he's saying is, if he's going to be a backup anyway, there's no place better than Pittsburgh for football. And he's right.

I like what Dixon did for us in the 1 game he played last year. But he lost. And as well as he played the entire game, he didn't finish when it counted. Baltimore baited him into a bad throw and he made a terrible rookie mistake that cost us the game. I'll take the guy who's started 50 games and is over .500 vs. the unproven commodity any day. Remember, we're putting a bandaid on a problem for the short term. If we were looking for our next starting QB for the next decade, I'd be pushing for Dixon as well. But neither of those guys have any chance of ever being a starter here unless something catastrophic happens with Ben. Ben's only 28.

StainlessStill
08-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Lefty is seriously one dumb dude. It's amazing, I didn't think anything on Leftwich could be slower than his feet. But obviously his Brain is!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/20/when-talking-about-the-jaguars-byron-leftwich-sounds-like-rex-ryan/

Dude, you need to take this Leftwhich-hate d!ld0 out of your a$$ and leave our situation lye into the hands of the start of the regular season.

Oh yah, btw, this nobody linebacker from Jacksonville tells his former alumni of Jax to STFU when this jagoff (no pun intended) completley blows a gasket. Someone needs to tell this dude to shut his piehold before someone else does it for him.

Want to see this OH SO MIGHTY impressive stat sheet from this dude?

Tom Mcmanus
Games: 48
Tackles: 118
Solo: 75
Forced Fumbles: 1
Interceptions: 0
Sacks: 0

Enjoy your 5 minutes of fame. Now go back to being a nobody, stupid tw@t.

scsteeler
08-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Lefty is Happy to be on this team as I have said before. My thinking now is if the Steelers is where he wants to spend the rest of his career why was he in such a hurry to leave and get signed by another team as A Starter in which he is clearly not now.

Byron is lucky that Ben got the suspension because if he had not Lefty would be home now waiting on someone to call.

steeltheone
08-21-2010, 03:48 PM

I fail to see what about statement this makes him dumb??? Who can blame him for leaving and trying to be a starter? Staying in Pittsburgh was the safe choice. He took a shot at something better and it didn't work out.

Bubbabanjo
08-21-2010, 04:11 PM
He is a dope............but we will need a 6 pack-O-QBs this year with our crappy O-line. Did you see the non effort Adams made in the last game on the speed rush. Lefty can take some hits for us before he goes to concussion paradise.

mikegrimey
08-21-2010, 05:00 PM
For everyone who says Byron filled in great in ben's absence in 08, I fail to see how playing one solid half against a football team that wasn't prepared to play him means he did "great".

StainlessStill
08-21-2010, 05:12 PM
For everyone who says Byron filled in great in ben's absence in 08, I fail to see how playing one solid half against a football team that wasn't prepared to play him means he did "great".

Maybe you cracked the code. I say EVERY team should play their 2nd or 3rd stringers purposely in the 2nd half because noone's prepared to play against them. Genius. Pure genius.

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-21-2010, 05:17 PM

I fail to see how Dixon's two not-so-solid halves against the Ravens qualifies him as a starter over the guy that has given us a "solid half" and a win?

Neither of them has done squat in black and gold uniforms, but as many have already stated, I would sooner take my chances with the proven .500+ veteran QB than an unproven newbie QB who already lost a game for us last year.

whatdoiknow
08-21-2010, 05:18 PM

THANK YOU!! :applaudit: Someone who FINALLY gets it. These fools act as IF Leftwich came in and saved the day back in 2008. Ben didn't miss a DAMN game in 2008, and besides the one last year, and a 4 game streatch in his second year, Ben has never missed a game. And considering our Line, that makes Ben.....the TOUGHEST and most durable QB ever! ALL Byron did in 2008 is have ONE good half against a BAD Washington team. And Lefty concentrated extra hard in that game cause about 1000 of his Hommies and his family either got out of jail for a night, or laid down the Crack Pipe to see Lefty play cause Byron was born and raised in Washington. Other than that half of football, Lefty did Squat for us in 2008. So please people stop acting like Lefty was Frank Reich of the Bills :doh:

CPanther95
08-21-2010, 07:44 PM
As long as he keeps running like Herman Munster, I say he's a keeper.

whatdoiknow
08-21-2010, 08:28 PM
That was HILLARIOUS. I just re-watched that run, and Lefty took 42 seconds..( Absolutely true to )..to scramble those 12 yards :-)

mikegrimey
08-22-2010, 03:22 AM
Maybe you cracked the code. I say EVERY team should play their 2nd or 3rd stringers purposely in the 2nd half because noone's prepared to play against them. Genius. Pure genius.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic here but Byron is pretty experienced for a backup and is actually an ok QB, so he did have an advantage coming into a game where the team had not practiced or prepared for him at all. It happens a lot (Tyler Thigpen came out slinging the ball left and right against us last year it took us a good bit to adjust). Leftwich came out in one game, lead a couple of good drives, and by that time our defense had the game locked.

It's not like we were trotting out Curtis Painter.

I'm just wondering why people are taking that one good half and deceitfully making it sound like Leftwich started and won multiple games for us during his previous tenure here.

steeltheone
08-22-2010, 05:27 AM
lot (Tyler Thigpen came out slinging the ball left and right against us last year it took us a good bit to adjust).

Everybody was slinging the ball on us last year...

desertsteel
08-22-2010, 10:28 AM

You are an A-hole!

Here's what Leftwich said: "This is the first place where you feel like family," Leftwich said. "This is where I want to spend the rest of my career. That's what I mean by football paradise. This is football paradise. There is no B.S. here like other places. People tell you the truth here. They don't lie to you. I don't ever want to leave."

Sounds pretty smart to me.......

Downbylaw
08-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Sounds smart to me too. Someone doesnt like Byron......... Awww

mikegrimey
08-22-2010, 10:00 PM
I fail to see how Dixon's two not-so-solid halves against the Ravens qualifies him as a starter over the guy that has given us a "solid half" and a win?

Neither of them has done squat in black and gold uniforms, but as many have already stated, I would sooner take my chances with the proven .500+ veteran QB than an unproven newbie QB who already lost a game for us last year.

Mentioning Dixon's game against the Ravens doesn't negate what I said about Leftwich only playing one good half for us in 2008.

I'm not trying to advocate Dixon as the next big thing I'm just calling out the hyperbolic way that some are talking about Leftwich in '08.

As for Leftwich being proven. I'd say he has proven himself to be just an ok QB. Keep in mind that he had a pretty good running game to work with in Jacksonville and they had a good D for a while too.
I think the management is going to go with Leftwich just for stability and continuity when Ben returns but I'm still wondering where people get off talking about Byron like he played the role of savior for us in 08.

mikegrimey
08-22-2010, 10:03 PM
lot (Tyler Thigpen came out slinging the ball left and right against us last year it took us a good bit to adjust).

Everybody was slinging the ball on us last year...

That's true but my point is solid veterans with good skills are liable to play very good against a team that didn't prepare for them at all. Plus in the Redskins game are defense was playing at an unbelievable level. We handed them the 2 field goals they got (missed onside kick and early INT) and we dominated them the whole game. If hte game had been tight and the defense not so dominant (like in the ravens game last year) nobody could say if we would have gotten the W. My whole pointi s that Leftwich showing up for 1/2 doesn't necessitate his status as a starter.

bblocker14
08-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Put in Dixon.

Lefty scares me because he looks like a giant Gary Coleman.

What chu talking about, Willis!!

Downbylaw
08-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Mentioning Dixon's game against the Ravens doesn't negate what I said about Leftwich only playing one good half for us in 2008.

I'm not trying to advocate Dixon as the next big thing I'm just calling out the hyperbolic way that some are talking about Leftwich in '08.

As for Leftwich being proven. I'd say he has proven himself to be just an ok QB. Keep in mind that he had a pretty good running game to work with in Jacksonville and they had a good D for a while too.
I think the management is going to go with Leftwich just for stability and continuity when Ben returns but I'm still wondering where people get off talking about Byron like he played the role of savior for us in 08.

Sorry Leftwich played more than just ONE good half. Am I a fan? No. But I cant let this untruth go unchallenged.

vs. Skins- Leftwich- 7-10 129 yards 1 TD 145 rating
- Big Ben- 5-17 50 1 INT 15.1 rating

vs. Browns Leftwich- 7-12 80 yards 78.5 rating 1 Td run
Big Ben- 9-14 110 yards 1 INT 58.6 rating

vs. Eagles Big Ben- 13-25 131 yards 1 INT 50.6 rating
Leftwich- 4-7 60 yards 85.4 rating

Whats next? "Oh the defensive coordinator didnt prepare for Leftwich". Imagine this scenario: The Steelers are playing the Ravens and Flacco is knocked out of the game. Troy Smith comes in and lights our defense up and Mr. Rooney approaches Tomlin after the game. Art Rooney: "What happened out there today Mike?" Mike Tomlin: Well Art we prepared for Flacco, we didnt take into account that Smith would come in and make "splash" plays. We only prepared for one guy. I guess my coaching wasnt up to snuff"

I think its safe to say that all coaches, scheme and prepare for all scenarios.

SteeleReign
08-23-2010, 09:03 AM
I gotta push for Dixon if for no other reason than our o-line is really REALLY suspect. Dixon will run & evade the rush, while Leftwich comes off the field with pigeon crap all over his shoulders.

scsteeler
08-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I gotta push for Dixon if for no other reason than our o-line is really REALLY suspect. Dixon will run & evade the rush, while Leftwich comes off the field with pigeon crap all over his shoulders.

So True! While Byron did look better against the Giants he still worries me. I did not like his decision to do a QB Sneak on the 1 yard line after Coach Tomlin told him to spike the ball. Not a good thing because Lefty is not Fleet of Foot.

Dixon has less experience but can evade the rush as you stated and that will be needed if this O-line does not get any better fast.

mikegrimey
08-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Sorry Leftwich played more than just ONE good half. Am I a fan? No. But I cant let this untruth go unchallenged.

vs. Skins- Leftwich- 7-10 129 yards 1 TD 145 rating
- Big Ben- 5-17 50 1 INT 15.1 rating

vs. Browns Leftwich- 7-12 80 yards 78.5 rating 1 Td run
Big Ben- 9-14 110 yards 1 INT 58.6 rating

vs. Eagles Big Ben- 13-25 131 yards 1 INT 50.6 rating
Leftwich- 4-7 60 yards 85.4 rating

Whats next? "Oh the defensive coordinator didnt prepare for Leftwich". Imagine this scenario: The Steelers are playing the Ravens and Flacco is knocked out of the game. Troy Smith comes in and lights our defense up and Mr. Rooney approaches Tomlin after the game. Art Rooney: "What happened out there today Mike?" Mike Tomlin: Well Art we prepared for Flacco, we didnt take into account that Smith would come in and make "splash" plays. We only prepared for one guy. I guess my coaching wasnt up to snuff"

I think its safe to say that all coaches, scheme and prepare for all scenarios.

A couple of things. I disregard the Brown's game entirely because
1. It was a meaningless game
2. Cleveland had by that point given up in the season similar to the way the giants gave up last year. If I recall they hadn't scored a touchdown in 4 complete games and the whole team was phonining it in and waited for sitting duck coach crennel to be fired.
I don't find throwing for 80 yards against a pretty weak defense someting to brag about either.

You'll have to forgive me for forgetting he even played against the Eagles. I must have blacked out that game because of the terror of our offense. Did his 4 completions lead to one of our two field goals? To anything? I'm asking seriously but I don't remember that it did. Iw ould hardly classify that as a good preformance if he didn't put up any points.

Your attempt to deny that a solid, or even good veteran QB has an advantage when he comes in the game where the other team prepared for him little or not at all is ludicrous. Comparing a seasoned vet like Leftwich to Troy Smith is irrelevant.

It's not "safe" to say what NFL coaches prepare for. Would you imagine that teams prepare a lot to play teh backups? Maybe the coache's mind is ready for all scenarios but that doesn't mean the players are ready for it. To deny that Byron had a slight advantage playing against a team that didn't prepare for him is denying the obvious. You also fail to take into account that our defense pretty much dominated the redskins that game and there was no heavy burden on Byron's shoulders.
If you really wanted to you should have talked about how Byron threw a meaningless touchdown at the end of the first Bengal's game that year too.

REally in 08 he played one good half. I'm just asking why this is the basis people are using to annoint him as an obvious starter. There are better arguments. Like experience, continuity between him and Ben, knowledge of the playbook, maybe even that rocket arm, but using his 08 campaign, with its all one good half of starter play, isn't the best premise to stake his superiority on.