PDA

View Full Version : Did Ricky fail another drug test?

Go_Cats
02-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Jason Cole of The Miami Herald confirms that Dolphins running back Ricky Williams has failed another drug test.

He faces a suspension of at least one year.

Team spokesman Harvey Greene declined comment.

''Because of the confidential nature of the league's substance abuse policy, we can't comment on any aspect of that program,'' Greene told Cole.

Williams stayed clean for all of the 2005 season. Recent reports indicated that the Broncos were interested in trading for him. With his 2006 season in jeopardy, Williams would be 30 if he returns to action in 2007.

Williams is under contract for two more years with the Dolphins, at base salaries of $545,000 and $670,000.

Here's more from the Miami Herald:
Dolphins' Williams tests positive for drug useBY JASON COLEjcole@MiamiHerald.comDolphins running back Ricky Williams faces at least a one-year suspension from the NFL after testing positive for drug use a fourth time under the league's substance abuse policy.
Two sources confirmed a report by WSVN-TV that Williams had failed the test, although neither would say the substance Williams used. On three previous occasions, Williams had tested positive for using marijuana.
Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene declined to comment Sunday night.
''Because of the confidential nature of the league's substance abuse policy, we can't comment on any aspect of that program,'' Greene said.
Williams returned to the NFL this season after retiring for the 2004 season. He missed the first four games of the season and was fined an additional four weeks of salary from the second and third violations of the substance abuse program.
Those positive tests had occurred in December 2003 and in the 2004 offseason. Williams returned to have a productive season.
Williams has spent much of the offseason in Northern California studying yoga and holistic medicine.

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Ricky Ricky Ricky. What are you gonna do.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2006, 09:14 PM
If this is the case, for the record..........................

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5421&page=3&highlight=Ricky+Williams

"I still think he is a nut who is not dependable. He's either going to fail a drug test or bail out on your team.".

Milkman
02-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I can't believe it, not Ricky. :dang:

Stlrs4Life
02-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Him and Clarrett need to get together as being the top 2 dumb asses!

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Ricky Ricky Ricky. What are you gonna do.

My guess? What he has been doing. Not give a damn and smoke a joint?

I'm waiting for the "Let's try and get him!!" while trying to pass off that "he's misunderstood" and that "we can change him" comments.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-19-2006, 09:52 PM
If this is the case, for the record..........................

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5421&page=3&highlight=Ricky+Williams

"I still think he is a nut who is not dependable. He's either going to fail a drug test or bail out on your team.".

1. Dont know if its true or not
2. even if it is....Tommy Maddox for Ricky Williams......if you cant see a gain on offense for that.......well then???
Never said Williams was a saint, but the man can run a football. and on sunday, thats all that matters.......

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2006, 09:58 PM
1. Dont know if its true or not
2. even if it is....Tommy Maddox for Ricky Williams......if you cant see a gain on offense for that.......well then???
Never said Williams was a saint, but the man can run a football. and on sunday, thats all that matters.......

1) That's why I stated "If this is the case".

2) If it is, there is no way in hell I would take this guy after failing his fourth drug test. What's the point? The guy will be suspended or in rehab.

3) Never stated that you personally stated he was a saint and yes the man can run a football and in my opinion, no, that's not all that really matters. As for not being able to see the gain in offense. Sure I can, but I don't see it with a guy who's too busy smoking dope and failing drug tests. What the guy does off the field effects the team. What good is a player If he keeps getting in trouble? Next thing you know, he will bail out halfway through the season and head to Jamaica.

I'm sure the Rooney's will take your comments with a more open mind....lol. Me personally? I think the guy is nothing but a bum that only cares about himself. He's worthless. But hey, let's sign him to a nice fat contract and watch him fail drug tests year after year. I don't see how anybody could want this guy on their roster.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Another report......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2336760

Not looking good for Ricky.

Petesburgh66
02-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Why is this not a shocker.

DIESELMAN
02-19-2006, 11:06 PM
If this turns out to be true Ricky has screwed the fins again.....couldn't wait to fire one up could he.....now nobody will want his stoned ass.....:helmet:

CantStop85
02-19-2006, 11:33 PM
If this turns out to be true Ricky has screwed the fins again.....couldn't wait to fire one up could he.....now nobody will want his stoned ass.....:helmet:
It won't matter if any team wants him or not if it turns out to be true. He'll be out of the league for at least a year...he'll be 30 before he can actually play again and by then I doubt he'll actually care enough to play anymore.

WWIIOwheelz
02-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Srry to have posted about this again! I was just mentioning this in the Steelers forum, didn't think to look here. My fault.