PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Bettis to join NBC Team this fall!

Stlrs4Life
02-19-2006, 09:15 PM
He's just announced he'll be on the Sunday Night team on NBC w/Bob Costas and Chris Collinsworth... He'll be doing the first game in Pittsburgh.

He just did an interview with Bob Costas in Tourino, at the Olympics. They also mentrioned something about issuing the SB rings that night in Pittsburgh. The opener.

Koopa
02-19-2006, 09:21 PM
i thought madden was gonna do the games, or is this a pre game show???? damn you bettis, i f'n hate nbc the channel looks like shit down here so i hope he flops for picking the wrong station lol j/p but f' him anyway for not going to fox

Stlrs4Life
02-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Said he will be doing pregame with Costas. Not the play by play.

tony hipchest
02-19-2006, 09:29 PM
i thought madden was gonna do the games, or is this a pre game show???? damn you bettis, i f'n hate nbc the channel looks like shit down here so i hope he flops for picking the wrong station lol j/p but f' him anyway for not going to fox i preferred him with fox too, but this is a good high profile gig for him that is sure to pay hem plenty of $$$. good deal. i cant wait.

Da Bears
02-19-2006, 09:39 PM
He's just announced he'll be on the Sunday Night team on NBC w/Bob Costas and Chris Collinsworth... He'll be doing the first game in Pittsburgh.

He just did an interview with Bob Costas in Tourino, at the Olympics. They also mentrioned something about issuing the SB rings that night in Pittsburgh. The opener.
Wow! That will be cool. I`m sure he will do a great job.

WWIIOwheelz
02-19-2006, 09:43 PM
He's more mainstream vs Fox being a players' station. I would have preferred him with Fox & Bradshaw also, but I'm happy for him, in any case.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Bring him over to CBS and get rid of Irvin or Sharpe !

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2006, 10:06 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5346040?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Bettis to join NBC's NFL broadcast team

NEW YORK (AP) - Next stop for The Bus: the broadcast booth.

Jerome Bettis joined NBC on Sunday as a studio analyst for Sunday night football games.

"I am looking forward to this new opportunity and to still be involved in the game I love," Bettis said.

The former Pittsburgh running back retired after helping the Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks 21-10 in the Super Bowl this month in his hometown of Detroit.

His first game will be in Pittsburgh on Thursday, Sept. 7, when the Steelers receive their Super Bowl rings.

"It will be the proudest night of my life," Bettis said. "I will finally get my ring and I will start my new career in television in front of all the Steelers fans."

The Bus ended his playing career after 13 seasons, retiring as the NFL's No. 5 career rusher. In recent seasons, though, he was relegated to more short-yardage or goal-line situations. He finished with 43 yards on 14 carries in the Super Bowl.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2006, 10:22 PM
He's more mainstream vs Fox being a players' station. I would have preferred him with Fox & Bradshaw also, but I'm happy for him, in any case.

Same here.

Steelersfan
02-19-2006, 10:34 PM
i thought madden was gonna do the games, or is this a pre game show???? damn you bettis, i f'n hate nbc the channel looks like shit down here so i hope he flops for picking the wrong station lol j/p but f' him anyway for not going to fox

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks NBC's channel looks like crap. Kinda had a feeling he would join a broadcasting crew sooner rather than later.

Livinginthe past
02-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Congrats to Bettis.

Lets face it - we need all the ex-players with some sort of intelligence we can get.

Be good to have the insight of a player who has done it all - and who wont let bitterness cloud his judgement.

NM

FanecaFan66
02-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Personally I think this is very exciting.

Plus I'm pretty convinced that Sunday Night Football will replace the allure of MNF. Its on network TV, and MNF won't feel the same on espn.

congrats to The Bus

BB2W
02-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Good for him, I didn't think he would be out of work for long...

Prosdo
02-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Congrats Jerome!

clevestinks
02-20-2006, 04:23 AM
What a great way to start his new job, in Pittsburgh getting his ring. Go Bus

Atlanta Dan
02-20-2006, 07:36 AM
With Al Michaels breaking his contract and moving to Sunday night, NBC has put together a great pregame and announcing crew if Jerome does as well as I believe he will.

Special bonus is that with Jerome at the game there will be max coverage of the ring presentation ceremony next September.

melroseplace
02-20-2006, 09:33 AM
congrats to Bettis, I'm glad he was able to get a job. not that I doubted he would, but it sounds like he's happy and that's all that matters

FisherMOM
02-20-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm so glad we will still be seeing him around! Way to go Jerome!!

pitt
02-20-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm just glad he'll still be around. I miss him already.

SteelCityMan786
02-20-2006, 03:58 PM
They BETTER put the Steelers on NBC one of these weeks in 2006

RoethlisBURGHer
02-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Good for The Bus.

I knew he wouldn't go with FOX,I actually doubt FOX really took a shot at getting him.That would give them two ex-Steelers on the pregame show which would really piss people off.

bigbensgirl7
02-20-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm so happy for the Bus!!! I also think it's great that he will also get to start his new career in Pittsburgh in front of all of his fans and recieve his ring all on the same day!

Atlanta Dan
02-20-2006, 05:55 PM
FYI is a link to an updated MSNBC story on Bettis joining NBC.

Bettis wasted no time giving his opinions, especially on his former team. When asked what the Steelers need to do to improve, he said they needed to find depth on the offensive and defensive lines and in the secondary.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11452491/

tony hipchest
02-20-2006, 06:34 PM
FYI is a link to an updated MSNBC story on Bettis joining NBC.

Bettis wasted no time giving his opinions, especially on his former team. When asked what the Steelers need to do to improve, he said they needed to find depth on the offensive and defensive lines and in the secondary.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11452491/great insight on the duce staley situation. i think staley is the perfect replacement for jerome. willie should be the starter. duce should move up into jeromes role and draft a rb to fill staleys role as the sweatsuit wearing back-up.

jerome knows a hell of alot more than i do but i thought we were pretty set with essex, okolbi, and kemoeatu as back-ups on the o-line but i guess you need a solid back up at EVERY line position.

shevdog
02-20-2006, 07:47 PM
AI'm glad to see the Bus get a broadcasting gig. I'm a bit disappointed he i snot with Fox. CBS would have been just as good, especially if Sharp or Boomer got bumped off.

At least we have two Steelers on two different networks, plus Woodson on the NFL network. Eventually the Steelers will take over sports broadcasting and these anti-Steelers idiots will be wipped off TV. (Doesn't hurt to dream).

Congrads again to Jerome Bettis for the Super Bowl and for the broadcasting gig.