PDA

View Full Version : Flozell "Turnstile" Adams

Hayeksheroes
08-22-2010, 11:22 AM
This guy was beat on almost every play. I thought Left Guard was the more skilled position. The right guard should be easier from that stand point. Adams was slower than Lefty.

The Steelers probably need to keep Hartwig and move someone over to right tackle. Pouncey at center might be the future. Get someone at right guard or else Batch may be the only QB left standing.

wadester47
08-22-2010, 12:39 PM
This guy was beat on almost every play. I thought Left Guard was the more skilled position. The right guard should be easier from that stand point. Adams was slower than Lefty.

The Steelers probably need to keep Hartwig and move someone over to right tackle. Pouncey at center might be the future. Get someone at right guard or else Batch may be the only QB left standing.

last night we were calling him "Slowzell Adams"

SteelKnight
08-22-2010, 01:14 PM
last night we were calling him "Slowzell Adams"

Jokes on us. I always called for Willie Colon to be replaced. Now what?

Funny...Ben looks so calm despite what's going on around him. He's so used to it. lol

The O-line looked great run blocking. They just suck pass blocking.

They need to seriously break from tradition and invest in free agent OT next season and pay big bucks.

Next, they need to use their first round pick on the best guard...maybe even salvage a 3rd round pick to move up (maybe get Mike Pouncey).

This way they will have a solid RT, RG and Center. That is what needs to happen.

SteelKnight
08-22-2010, 01:20 PM
You know what is funny. The O-line rankings has us #27 and the wors team was the Buffalo Bills. We should be better this year though because we have that new coach from...I forget where.

SteelKnight
08-22-2010, 01:26 PM
The FO should start looking at this list:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/ol.html

They can't wait 4 more years to draft 4 more first rounders and wait for them to develop. If they want to improve, they need at least 1 big FA...pay the cash.

CPanther95
08-22-2010, 02:19 PM
That's an insult to turnstiles - even a turnstile engages people with some resistance before allowing them through.

Flozell is more like a traffic cone.

Texas Chili Dog
08-22-2010, 02:27 PM
How many penalties has he had? We called him False Start Flo when he was here.

pete74
08-22-2010, 02:45 PM
unless he makes some serious changes he will be cut before week 1

ETL
08-22-2010, 02:54 PM
I would have Ramon Foster start over Adams

Downbylaw
08-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Two preseason games guys my goodness. Ben threw a bad pick last night so does that mean he sucks? Come on. Mendenhall hasnt done anything in preseason so I guess hes a bum too huh? Can we let the Oline gel as a unit, under new direction before we deem them as bums?

CPanther95
08-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Flozell was a bum for years before coming here. What do you think will change after only two more preseason games?

steelerchad
08-22-2010, 04:17 PM
That's an insult to turnstiles - even a turnstile engages people with some resistance before allowing them through.

I like this. That's funny dude.

SteelKnight
08-22-2010, 05:13 PM

Seriously funny comment. I'm still laughing. ROFL

SteelKnight
08-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Two preseason games guys my goodness. Ben threw a bad pick last night so does that mean he sucks? Come on. Mendenhall hasnt done anything in preseason so I guess hes a bum too huh? Can we let the Oline gel as a unit, under new direction before we deem them as bums?

It doesn't take a Psychic friend of Dionne Warrick to imagine what the season might be like with these guys.

Their run blocking was excellent...which is better than last season...however, their pass blocking still sucks.

We've been watching this since 2006(2007 at the latest). There have been issues so it is not like we have not been patient. We have all been hopeful but we can't fake it.

If they need more time together, fine. Let the starters play all of the 3rd game. We are running out of practice games. Gel away...lol

kirklandrules
08-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Seems like they make the o-line harder than it has to be. I liked the Adams signing because none of it was guaranteed and if he washes out then we can cut him and owe him nothing. However, I think they are working too hard at getting him to be the man. I would think they would move Essex over to RT (he was o.k. at LT) and use the many linemen who can play guard to fight it out for RG (including Foster who was very serviceable last year). But what the hell do I know ... I'm a banker not a line coach.