PDA

View Full Version : Outside LB's gotta love new ref position

tunes4life
08-23-2010, 07:37 AM
I have seen a lot of offensive holding calls this preseason with the new on field ref positions on the o side. I know that they are calling more stuff this preseason to make a point but still, Harrison and Woodley have to be chomping at the bit. Both of these guys (Harrison esp) gets held A LOT. I think this bodes well for our pass rush. If they can't hold our OLB's how the hell are they gonna stop them? I'm excited to see if this makes a difference. :tt:

SteeleReign
08-23-2010, 07:58 AM
I have seen a lot of offensive holding calls this preseason with the new on field ref positions on the o side. I know that they are calling more stuff this preseason to make a point but still, Harrison and Woodley have to be chomping at the bit. Both of these guys (Harrison esp) gets held A LOT. I think this bodes well for our pass rush. If they can't hold our OLB's how the hell are they gonna stop them? I'm excited to see if this makes a difference. :tt:

I agree - it will help Harrison & Woodley....but.....it's gonna kill Starks & Flo-right on through-zell...

Downbylaw
08-23-2010, 08:01 AM
I agree - it will help Harrison & Woodley....but.....it's gonna kill Starks & Flo-right on through-zell...

Nice Metaphor!!

kirklandrules
08-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Every little bit helps, but the refs still have to throw the flag. It's not like they didn't see Harrison getting strangled on every passing play the past few years. Hell, the league flat out said it won't throw a flag when Harrison goes low and ends up in a choke-hold.