PDA

View Full Version : Logan vs. The Field

SteeleReign
08-23-2010, 01:07 PM
I didn't see much of the game against the Giants - just a bit of the second half. How did the return game break down? I saw one return by Brown, which didn't go anywhere & I saw a couple by Logan, which looked a little better. It appeared as though Logan felt his job was in the line & ran with purpose.

Can anyone that watched the game give me a summary?

tony hipchest
08-24-2010, 01:02 PM
antonio brown- 4 punt returns of 11, 18, 14, and 6 yards. 2 kick returns of 26 and 24 .

straight line runner looked almost as fast as logan. i think he was just being cautious to not drop the ball and get as far upfield as quickly as possible. he ran through his blockers on several occasions but the patience should come with more returns.

SteeleReign
08-24-2010, 03:12 PM
antonio brown- 4 punt returns of 11, 18, 14, and 6 yards. 2 kick returns of 26 and 24 .

straight line runner looked almost as fast as logan. i think he was just being cautious to not drop the ball and get as far upfield as quickly as possible. he ran through his blockers on several occasions but the patience should come with more returns.

So, in other words, Logan isn't making enough of a difference to guarantee his roster spot.

tony hipchest
08-24-2010, 03:20 PM
unfortunately i dont think so. brown brings too much potential to the table as a wr.

ricardisimo
08-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Agreed, which brings us to roster cuts... Do we already have a 53-man wish list/guesstimate thread as to who we think is going to make it and who will not?

SteelKnight
08-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Agreed, which brings us to roster cuts... Do we already have a 53-man wish list/guesstimate thread as to who we think is going to make it and who will not?

Yeah. There is a thread called Early 53 Roster that I started. You can cut and paste and then modify to make yours.

I have modified twice so the first post is not my current 53.

Go ahead and make one. It is fun and tough at the same time. Foote and Sylvester is what makes it tough (5ILB instead of the 3 we had last year). I could have had 2 players to use elsewhere thus making cuts less painful.

stb_steeler
08-24-2010, 04:31 PM
So, in other words, Logan isn't making enough of a difference to guarantee his roster spot.

Maybe there was to much hype on Logan when he came into the league. I think Brown will be more valuable. Like stated before, he seems to run it up the gut more, thus seeming to lose less yards.

SteeleReign
08-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Maybe there was to much hype on Logan when he came into the league. I think Brown will be more valuable. Like stated before, he seems to run it up the gut more, thus seeming to lose less yards.

I agree. With the pathetic return game we had prior to last year, Logan seemed like Dante Hall. Don't get me wrong, he was effective & on occassion seemed on the verge of breaking loose. But, he just didn't seem to have that extra gear when needed.

The bottom line though is that if he could play another position he would make this team. But, sadly, I don't think he will.