PDA

View Full Version : Gruden is a tool

ETL
08-23-2010, 08:52 PM
On Monday night football tonight, he is gushing over Jeff Fisher and the Tennessee Titan scouting people for finding a guy like Nate Washington from such a small college like Tiffin.

I think Tennessee paid a lot to get Nate after he became a proven WR in this league after the STEELERS found him and developed him!

And he's being paid to be a football expert. What a joke!

steelerchad
08-23-2010, 09:05 PM
On Monday night football tonight, he is gushing over Jeff Fisher and the Tennessee Titan scouting people for finding a guy like Nate Washington from such a small college like Tiffin.

I think Tennessee paid a lot to get Nate after he became a proven WR in this league after the STEELERS found him and developed him!

And he's being paid to be a football expert. What a joke!

Nate had 1 nice year with the Steelers after he figured out how to catch the ball. He's an OK #3 on most teams. Decent pick for the STEELERS, but nothing spectacular.

MasterOfPuppets
08-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Nate had 1 nice year with the Steelers after he figured out how to catch the ball. He's an OK #3 on most teams. Decent pick for the STEELERS, but nothing spectacular.

and certainly not worth the money they forked out for him.

ETL
08-23-2010, 09:59 PM

I just want Gruden to realize that he's crediting the wrong team when he's crediting the Titans scouting people for discovering Washington out of Tiffin. A national NFL analyst should know whose things - like who were high profile free agents just one year ago.

whatdoiknow
08-23-2010, 10:20 PM
I like Nate. But the Titans giving him that deal after Nate was the Invisable man in the Super Bowl totally blew me over. And he was nothing last season as well. But I do feel he will comeback this season and have a decent season. But as stated, not worth the money he got. But I wish him well.

MasterOfPuppets
08-23-2010, 10:22 PM
just like randel el, i doubt if nate will ever catch 60 balls in a season his entire career .

Tone's Toes
08-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah, Gruden was good early but his act is getting old real fast.

Also, Nate wouldn't have been invisible in that Super Bowl if Ben wouldn't have underthrown that deep ball to him early in the game. Knowing Nate he probably would have dropped the damn thing, but still...

Downbylaw
08-24-2010, 01:20 AM
I like Gruden but I dont like Nate. He is soft and has bad hands. Glad he is gone. Wallace is far better

SteelersinCA
08-24-2010, 01:25 AM
Jaws makes MNF these days. Chuckie isn't all bad.

MasterOfPuppets
08-24-2010, 01:56 AM
i don't mind gruden at all compared to cornholer, and dennis miller he's awesome.

Downbylaw
08-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Agreed. Jaws' insight is spot on

SteelersinCA
08-24-2010, 01:59 AM
Im not a fan of Tirico but what can you do?

wootawnee
08-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Jaws suks...Gruden Rules......I miss the Kornhole rants....

steeltheone
08-24-2010, 10:39 AM
The reason we don't spend big bucks on wideouts....Yancey Thigpen, El, Nate Washington

kirklandrules
08-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Im not a fan of Tirico but what can you do?

If you don't mind me expanding on this thought, because I don't think you went far enough ...

Tarico SUX! Watching games that he announces makes me want to drill holes in my teeth, then bash my face into a brick wall until my nose is flattened, then jump off a really high building and on the way to my splattering death contemplate the severe drop in commentary on what used to be the best football program. He uses a phony voice (not his normal speaking voice) when he announces that makes it sound like he's dropping a very large deuce.

I haven't even gotten into how he sexually harasses his coworkers. Here's an item taken from newnidea.com:
1992 Mike Tirico was suspended by ESPN for three months for unwelcome advances. In his book ESPN: The Uncensored History, published in 2000, New York Times reporter, Michael Freeman reported several instances of sexual harassment by Mike Tirico including attempted groping and sexual solicitation

So Gruden seems like an alright guy to me. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
08-24-2010, 04:04 PM
hes probably screwing up on purpose so he can get fired from his MNF contract and get back on the sidelines with the browns.

GrizzlyDean
08-24-2010, 04:38 PM
I love Gruden. I like what he says. Seems like he is very passionate about football I would love to have him on our coaching staff coaching anything.

lionslicer
08-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Jeff Fisher probably scouted Nate Washington after the 2006 season befor the draft. Gruden and Fisher are usually the coaches for that scouting allstar game after the superbowl. idk if they still have it, i really didn't care much for it. But maybe Fisher wanted him on the team or had high hopes for him during practices and Gruden noticed it... Gruden has this thing where he says something about the past, but he doesn't mention the details so you have no idea what hes talking about sometimes. He's a smart guy, just gets lost sometimes..

pancake
08-26-2010, 02:35 AM
i don't mind gruden at all compared to cornholer, and dennis miller he's awesome.

I really like Gruden on MNF too...