PDA

View Full Version : 4 decapitated bodies hung from bridge in Mexico

tony hipchest
08-24-2010, 11:15 AM
mexico is getting middle eastern on that ass.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010-08-22-drug-war-mexico_N.htm?csp=obnetwork

CUERNAVACA, Mexico (AP) The decapitated bodies of four men were hung from a bridge Sunday in this central Mexican city besieged by fighting between two drug lords.
A gang led by kingpin Hector Beltran Leyva took responsibility for the killings in a message left with the bodies, the attorney general's office of Mexico state said in a statement.

The beheaded and mutilated bodies were hung by their feet early Sunday from the bridge in Cuernavaca, a popular weekend getaway for Mexico City residents.

Cuernavaca has become a battleground for control of the Beltran Leyva cartel since its leader, Arturo Beltran Leyva, was killed there in a December shootout with marines.

Mexican authorities say the cartel split between a faction led by Hector Beltran Leyva, brother of Arturo, and another led by Edgar Valdes Villarreal, a U.S.-born kingpin known as "the Barbie."

The message left with the bodies threatened: "This is what will happen to all those who support the traitor Edgar Valdez Villareal"

Authorities said the four men had been kidnapped days earlier. The family of one of the men reported the abduction to police.

In western Mexico, police found the body of a U.S. citizen inside a car along the highway between the Pacific resorts of Acapulco and Zihuatanejo.

A report from Guerrero state police said the man was shot to death and had identification indicating he was from Georgia.

The U.S. Embassy could not be reached to confirm the man's identity.

SteelCityMom
08-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Just saw this today...

Drug hitmen dump 72 bodies at Mexican ranch

MONTERREY, Mexico (Reuters) – Mexican marines found 72 dead bodies at a remote ranch near the U.S. border, the Mexican navy said on Wednesday, the biggest single discovery of its kind in Mexico's increasingly bloody drug war.
The marines came across the bodies of 58 men and 14 women on Tuesday at the ranch outside a town near the Gulf of Mexico in Tamaulipas state, some 90 miles from the Texas border, after a firefight with drug hitmen in which three gunmen and a marine died, a spokesman for the navy said.
One suspected trafficker was arrested, the navy said, and several escaped in SUVs.
"The bodies were dumped about the ranch and were not buried. We are still investigating how long they had been there," the spokesman said. He declined to give more details.
Marines guarding a nearby checkpoint reached the ranch after a wounded man approached them and asked for help. The soldiers came under fire as they neared the ranch, the navy said in a statement.
After the firefight, marines seized assault rifles, bullets, uniforms and vehicles from the ranch -- including one with forged army license plates.
Mexican newspaper El Norte said the dead were undocumented South and Central American immigrants kidnapped by drug gangs on their way to the Texan border. The navy could not confirm the report.
Drug cartels have moved into human smuggling in recent years, sometimes kidnapping migrants, extorting them and forcing them to carry narcotics across the border.
The discovery in Tamaulipas is the largest single find in Mexico's 3-1/2 year assault on cartels, following the discovery of 55 bodies in western Guerrero state in May and 51 bodies on the outskirts of Monterrey near Texas in July.
President Felipe Calderon, who deployed tens of thousands of soldiers to fight cartels when he took office, has been seeking to shore up support from opposition politicians and civic leaders as the war on drugs grows more gruesome.
"Yesterday's crime, for example, shows (cartels') beastliness, their brutality and their absolute lack of human scruples," he told local radio in an apparent reference to the Tamaulipas event. "I am sure we will still see a phase of very intense violence, principally among cartels," Calderon said.
CARTEL SPLIT
Tamaulipas has become one of Mexico's bloodiest drug flashpoints since the start of the year as rivals from the Gulf cartel and a spinoff group, the Zetas, fight over smuggling routes into the United States.
Hitmen killed a popular candidate for elections there in June, Mexico's worst political killing in 16 years.
More than 28,000 people in Mexico have died in drug violence since Calderon launched his drug fight in late 2006, fueling worries that violence could begin to take a major toll on Mexicans unrelated to the drug trade and even undermine a slow recovery in Latin America's second largest economy.
Calderon has blamed much of the recent bloodshed on the split between the Zetas, who take their name from a Mexican police code for high-ranking officers, and the Gulf gang. Authorities in Nuevo Leon state said the Zetas were responsible for abducting and killing a mayor near Monterrey last week.
Armed with a huge arsenal of grenades, automatic weapons, dynamite and even rocket launchers, the two gangs are each battling other cartels from the Pacific state of Sinaloa.
The Zetas were members of Mexico's elite special forces trained to fight drug cartels, but they switched sides in the 1990s and became one of the country's most feared gangs led by Heriberto Lazcano, known as "The Executioner."
(Additional reporting by Patrick Rucker and Miguel Angel Gutierrez in Mexico City; editing by Missy Ryan and Vicki Allen)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_mexico_drugs;_ylt=AhRUMlVreZ5DEZVT6tEFsSWs0NUE; _ylu=X3oDMTNqbzI0Z3Y0BGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTAwODI1L3VzX 21leGljb19kcnVncwRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzQ EcG9zAzEEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9sa XN0BHNsawNkcnVnaGl0bWVuZHU-

pete74
08-25-2010, 02:03 PM
we need to send the marines back do to maxico and wipe out all 3 top gain members. obviously someone will eventually take there place but it would teach them a valuable lesson about what happens when you make headline news that close to america

SteelCityMom
08-25-2010, 02:13 PM
What we need to do is legalize drugs in the US, tax them and regulate them. Then the cartels won't have a reason to even cross the border.

Killing leaders of the cartels that are in place are just a band-aid fix and won't solve the problem at hand.

MattsMe
08-25-2010, 02:38 PM
I talked to a woman I know in El Paso today. She lives very close to your brother Tony. She claims, as you said, that bullets did indeed come across the border this time, and not just the one that struck the building at UTEP.

Sounds inviting, I can't wait to go back.

tony hipchest
08-25-2010, 02:42 PM
my brother is a good tropper like me. what do you do in the face of a tornado or gunfire? grab a camera, get closer and try too get some good footage.

he was up to the fence separating the sidewalk from the freeway (I-10).

he got about a minute of pop shots, then the ak-47's started...

after about a minute he had to duck and run. :chuckle:

MattsMe
08-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Nice. I'm still cracking up at the guy cooking pork rinds in his front yard. There's a twisted part of me that misses that sh*thole.

tony hipchest
08-25-2010, 02:58 PM
werent you lucky enough to be there during the windy season and experience the daily "brown outs"?

(kinda like white outs up north except the snow is replaced with dirt, sand, and smog- that shit actually hurts).

try going to the shopping district downtown right before the boarder bridge. its pretty much just like shopping in mexico, just not as cheap and alot more safe.

get some chicklets for a nickel. lol

ricardisimo
08-25-2010, 03:29 PM
What we need to do is legalize drugs in the US, tax them and regulate them. Then the cartels won't have a reason to even cross the border.

Killing leaders of the cartels that are in place are just a band-aid fix and won't solve the problem at hand.

Not to mention that it teaches the gang leaders a valuable lesson: get bigger guns.

The absolute last thing the gangs want is legalization. Same for the US government. Hmmm...:scratchchin:

MattsMe
08-25-2010, 10:08 PM
werent you lucky enough to be there during the windy season and experience the daily "brown outs"?

(kinda like white outs up north except the snow is replaced with dirt, sand, and smog- that shit actually hurts).

Yeah, lucky me. I was on the roof of our office building the first time one of those brown outs hit. Tried to seek relief behind a large AC unit, till I realized there's really no hiding from that wind, it seems to come from all directions. Had a lot of fun climbing down.

One other thing I noticed about that place. The drivers. They all seem to drive 5-10 miles under the speed limit, yet have absolutely zero problem pulling out in front of you from all directions. Trying to navigate some of the parking lots there was like driving bumper cars at the zoo.

And when the light turns green? Forget it. If you're not one of the first 5 cars, you're not getting through. And NO ONE honks at these people for just sitting there. I even tested it. I was first at a red light, and when it turned green, I just sat there, holding up traffic. I waited until the car in the lane next to me was a full block and a half away, and still no one honked.

A couple of the locals told me they drive slow because they're afraid of the police, but otherwise drive recklessly because that's how it's done in Mexico.

Okay, sorry for the thread hijacking,

tony hipchest
08-25-2010, 10:42 PM
yeah, theyre all on week or drunk (and most likely coke too).

no need to attract the 5-0.

MattsMe
08-26-2010, 12:08 AM
A couple of guys I knew down there loved to smoke weed. All they did was complain about the poor quality.

Anyway, Fox news seems to be covering this terror threat south of the border more than anyone. Of course, it's usually done from an "Obama sucks cuz he's not doing anything to stop it" point of view. Never mind the fact that this shit was going on during the last administration as well.

SteelersinCA
08-26-2010, 12:15 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE67O2NF20100826

Look at this one Tony, 72 bodies!!!!

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2010, 12:20 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE67O2NF20100826

Look at this one Tony, 72 bodies!!!!

i posted a thread on that...lol

SteelersinCA
08-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Eff you can't I be like Vincent just once??? Why do you have to ruin all my fun?

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 12:42 AM
:sofunny:

"cant you guys read?"

SCM posted this article in the 2nd post in this thread.

either way, thats some pretty hardcore shit.

ricardisimo
08-26-2010, 01:39 AM
I thought you said you guys could read....

Good times.... unless you're one of those 76 dead people in MX.

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 02:01 AM
You know what we need to do? Get some Minjas down there and take care of 'em.

ehQo7s_02sc

Never Pick up a Minja...

And yes, I'm still obsessed with one day controlling an army of Minjas.

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2010, 03:30 AM
I thought you said you guys could read....

Good times.... unless you're one of those 76 dead people in MX.

can't you read ? it was 72 dead .... http://smiliesftw.com/x/dumpster.gif

ricardisimo
08-26-2010, 04:01 AM
can't you read ? it was 72 dead .... http://smiliesftw.com/x/dumpster.gif

Plus 4 hung by their nads or some such thing.

Can't you add? :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2010, 04:08 AM
Plus 4 hung by their nads or some such thing.

Can't you add? :chuckle:

questioning someones mathematical skills is offensive.....http://smiliesftw.com/x/ban.gif

SteelersinCA
08-26-2010, 09:03 AM
You all should be banned for personal attacks!!! :blah::hug:

zulater
08-26-2010, 07:55 PM

I'm all for legalizing marijuana, but not coke and heiroine.

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 07:59 PM

Yeah, but those are the big cash cows for foreign cartels. I don't like coke or heroine either, but at least if the government sold and regulated it themselves it would be safer and cut down on gang violence, overcrowded prisons (full of users and dealers) and threats from foreign cartels.

A good portion of the pot in the US is grown in the US already...or Canada.

People are going to do it anyway if they want. Why give drug cartels the upper hand there.

zulater
08-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah, but those are the big cash cows for foreign cartels. I don't like coke or heroine either, but at least if the government sold and regulated it themselves it would be safer and cut down on gang violence, overcrowded prisons (full of users and dealers) and threats from foreign cartels.

A good portion of the pot in the US is grown in the US already...or Canada.

People are going to do it anyway if they want. Why give drug cartels the upper hand there.

I'm not sure that hard drug usage wouldn't go up if it were legalized? I understand your point though, things aren't working as they are, that's for sure.

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm not sure that hard drug usage wouldn't go up if it were legalized? I understand your point though, things aren't working as they are, that's for sure.

They wouldn't. If anything, there are statistical studies (from countries like Portugal...where all drugs are decriminalized), that show the usage going down. And not only did drug use decline, but HIV cases have gone down significantly as well.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html

Legalize it, regulate it, make it safe (through the FDA), educate people and offer counseling and rehab (which is MUCH cheaper than prison) to those who want and need it.

To add to that...and apologies for rambling...Drug prohibition does more to make Americans unsafe than any other factor. Just as alcohol prohibition gave us Al Capone and the mafia, drug prohibition has given us the Crips, the Bloods and drive-by shootings. Consider the historical evidence: America's murder rate rose nearly 70% during alcohol prohibition, but returned to its previous levels after prohibition ended. Now, since the War on Drugs began, America's murder rates have doubled. The cause/effect relationship is clear. Prohibition is putting innocent people at risk.

Drug prohibition also inflates the cost of drugs, leading users to steal to support their high priced habits and nearly one half of all police resources are devoted to stopping drug trafficking, instead of preventing violent crime.

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2010, 08:23 PM
the "war on drugs" , has been an uber failure since its conception , just like prohibition. who did prohibition help? organized crime. who is profiting from the war on drugs ? organized crime. who is getting screwed by the war on drugs ? taxpayers. not only are we having our tax dollars wasted ,we are wasting lives that are collateral damage of the drug dealer awrs that were created by the war on drugs.

Drug War Clock
http://www.drugsense.org/wodclock.htm

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2010, 08:28 PM
dammit mom, you beat me to it !!!.... http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/smack.gif

zulater
08-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I think it's a pipedream ( lol) to think you'll get anything more than marijuana legalized in any of our lifetimes. You tell me who the politician is that will go front and center and tell the populace that we have to legalize all drugs to make the country safer? Can you say political suicide. Not saying what you guys are proposing doesn't make sense, it's just not feasible

I think the legalization of marijuana is inevitable however.

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2010, 08:39 PM
I think it's a pipedream ( lol) to think you'll get anything more than marijuana legalized in any of our lifetimes. You tell me who the politician is that will go front and center and tell the populace that we have to legalize all drugs to make the country safer? Can you say political suicide. Not saying what you guys are proposing doesn't make sense, it's just not feasible

i'd be happy with just marijuana... at least the tax dollars gained from sales and money saved by not putting petty pot crimes behind bars , could go towards the cost of rehab and "housing" , of harsher drug offenders.
i'd even support mandatory sentences of harsher drug crimes as a further deterrent ...people might think twice about selling coke or herione if they KNOW they'll do a minimum of 25 years if caught. in china you can executed for selling drugs.

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 08:48 PM

Oh, of course all drugs won't ever be legalized...but not for the reasons you mentioned. All you'd have to tell voters is that it would cut down on immigration and the threat of terrorism and BOOM! you've got the majority on your side.

Marijuane MAY BE legalized in our lifetime...it has the best chance because a) many states are already decriminalizing/legalizing it anyway and b) it's something the government can and does grow for people.

Ask yourself this though. Why are illegal drugs illegal? And no, it can't be because they're bad for you. Alcohol, tobacco and many prescription drugs are bad for you, yet the government regulates the sale of those. I won't give you the answer, just think about it.

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 08:49 PM
dammit mom, you be me to it !!!.... http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/smack.gif

LOL! Yeah, but my post doesn't have a neat little drug clock on it. :sadpace:

ricardisimo
08-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Oh, of course all drugs won't ever be legalized...but not for the reasons you mentioned. All you'd have to tell voters is that it would cut down on immigration and the threat of terrorism and BOOM! you've got the majority on your side.

Marijuane MAY BE legalized in our lifetime...it has the best chance because a) many states are already decriminalizing/legalizing it anyway and b) it's something the government can and does grow for people.

Ask yourself this though. Why are illegal drugs illegal? And no, it can't be because they're bad for you. Alcohol, tobacco and many prescription drugs are bad for you, yet the government regulates the sale of those. I won't give you the answer, just think about it.

Oooo... Ooooo... Oooo... I know this one Mr. Kotter! Call on me!

zulater
08-26-2010, 09:21 PM

I already know the answer SCM, it's political graft, someone's always on the take.

I still think you'd be opening up one huge Pandora's Box if you legalized hard drugs. Whoever sold them would be opening themselves up to all sort of lawsuits similar but worse than what the tobacco industry faces.

Gawd the lawyers would be lining up for miles representing junkies living and dead. :doh:

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 09:29 PM
I already know the answer SCM, it's political graft, someone's always on the take.

I still think you'd be opening up one huge Pandora's Box if you legalized hard drugs. Whoever sold them would be opening themselves up to all sort of lawsuits similar but worse than what the tobacco industry faces.

Gawd the lawyers would be lining up for miles representing junkies living and dead. :doh:

LOL...they already are!

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Oooo... Ooooo... Oooo... I know this one Mr. Kotter! Call on me!

:chuckle: Go for it Ric.

zulater
08-26-2010, 10:05 PM
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/61702

Drugs are bad, m,kay.

zulater
08-26-2010, 10:13 PM
btw not trying to make light of a serious situation, but I don't see any real solutions on the horizon so I don't know what else to say about it?

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah, no...you're pretty much right. At least it probably won't be anything that happens while we're alive. It's just really the only working solution to the problem at hand.

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2010, 10:16 PM

has anyone ever successfully sued alchohol related companies ?

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 10:31 PM
anyone notice the correlation between the privitization of the US prison systems for profit and the "war on drugs"?

dick cheney doesnt own wackenhut too, does he?

MattsMe
08-26-2010, 10:55 PM
dick cheney doesnt own wackenhut too, does he?

Careful, he'll bust a cap in yo face.

ricardisimo
08-26-2010, 11:25 PM
:chuckle: Go for it Ric.

I say "I know this one" as if there's only one answer, but... Drugs and the Drug War are profitable, and they are useful. I'm not talking about for drug dealers. I'm talking about for the government and government contractors.

Not only is the Drug War the primary (by a wiiiiiiiiiidddde margin) feed into the criminal justice system - which is arguably our last growth industry in the United States - but much of our foreign and domestic policy is guided by and justified with Drug War rationale.

There is almost no law too intrusive, no policy too draconian that people will stand up en masse and say "this far and no farther." The Supreme Court has bent over backwards over and over again to facilitate Drug War police action.

The Drug War even empowers the US government overseas. They can do what they want in Colombia, Mexico and Peru, and no one even bats an eyelash. If and when we decide to take out Chavez, Evo and Correa, you better believe we're going to justify it with the Drug War, a la Noriega.

Here's a question for all of you: why is the US DEA allowed to fly defoliant raids over semi-populated areas (or even over completely unpopulated areas for that matter) in Colombia and (previously) Bolivia?

MattsMe
08-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Not only is the Drug War the primary (by a wiiiiiiiiiidddde margin) feed into the criminal justice system - which is arguably our last growth industry in the United States -

You're forgetting porn.

ricardisimo
08-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Just how big does your industry grow, Matt?

MattsMe
08-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Just how big does your industry grow, Matt?

About 8 inches, now that I'm taking those "natural male enhancement" pills.

Curious why you asked though...

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 11:53 PM
is it really "natural" or just that radioactive "spiderdick" junk they peddle in EP?

MattsMe
08-26-2010, 11:58 PM
is it really "natural" or just that radioactive "spiderdick" junk they peddle in EP?

:sofunny: It will give you verga grande!

I must find this stuff when I go back...

ricardisimo
08-27-2010, 12:23 AM
About 8 inches, now that I'm taking those "natural male enhancement" pills.

Curious why you asked though...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tSEOgRwoNmc/Sm3GdzDTEaI/AAAAAAAAAaU/8DCaJJbDNGk/s400/you_have_a_small_penis_trollcat.png

MattsMe
08-27-2010, 12:29 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tSEOgRwoNmc/Sm3GdzDTEaI/AAAAAAAAAaU/8DCaJJbDNGk/s400/you_have_a_small_penis_trollcat.png

:toofunny:

The terrorists took it.

SteelersinCA
08-27-2010, 01:12 AM
has anyone ever successfully sued alchohol related companies ?

Man that would be sweet. MOP you can be my client, go get real drunk and do something stupid and we'll give it a shot!

SteelCityMom
08-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Those crazy Canucks...

Doctor proposes suing alcohol companies over FAS damage

A pediatrician in northern British Columbia wants liquor and beer makers to help pay for the damage caused when pregnant women drink.

Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, or FASD, refers to a range of disabilities that are seen in people whose mothers drank alcohol while they were pregnant.

Dr. Marie Hay of Prince George has diagnosed thousands of children harmed by fetal alcohol consumption.

Hay's patient files document thousands of children hurt by exposure to alcohol. She said many now face:
Anxiety.
Depression.
Autism.
Schizophrenia.
Mental retardation.
Learning disabilities.
Conduct disorders.
Trouble with the law.
Attempted suicides.
Prince George parents Skylar Dennis and Faren Piwniuk are getting assistance from a program that supports parents with FASD. (Betsy Trumpener/CBC)

The only way to stem the tide of damage is to stem the flow of alcohol by going after alcohol companies, Hay believes.

She said lawsuits against tobacco companies helped cut down on smoking and pay for damage to the health of smokers, adding it's time to do the same with alcohol.

"Somebody has to draw a line in the sand and say this is such a health problem, we have to stop it."

Sklar Dennis, 25, of Prince George said his brain and body were harmed by alcohol.

"I remember from a very young age that my mum was still into drinking alcohol," Dennis recalled. "I remember her trying to offer me some."

One of Dennis's sons has also been affected. The boy has a speech impediment, is partly deaf in one ear and is mentally slower than others. "It's definitely frustrating," his father said.

So far, no one has taken up Hay's idea of taking alcohol companies to court, and no companies have responded to the proposal.

Health Canada doesn't have statistics on the number of babies born with the condition or whether the number of pregnant women drinking is on the rise.

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/03/16/fetal-alcohol-syndrome-sue.html

Go up there and get on it SiCA!

SteelCityMom
08-27-2010, 01:59 AM
I say "I know this one" as if there's only one answer, but... Drugs and the Drug War are profitable, and they are useful. I'm not talking about for drug dealers. I'm talking about for the government and government contractors.

Not only is the Drug War the primary (by a wiiiiiiiiiidddde margin) feed into the criminal justice system - which is arguably our last growth industry in the United States - but much of our foreign and domestic policy is guided by and justified with Drug War rationale.

There is almost no law too intrusive, no policy too draconian that people will stand up en masse and say "this far and no farther." The Supreme Court has bent over backwards over and over again to facilitate Drug War police action.

The Drug War even empowers the US government overseas. They can do what they want in Colombia, Mexico and Peru, and no one even bats an eyelash. If and when we decide to take out Chavez, Evo and Correa, you better believe we're going to justify it with the Drug War, a la Noriega.

Here's a question for all of you: why is the US DEA allowed to fly defoliant raids over semi-populated areas (or even over completely unpopulated areas for that matter) in Colombia and (previously) Bolivia?

You forgot lawyers Ric...lawyers and special interests groups.

*eyeballs SiCA* :wtf:

MasterOfPuppets
08-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Man that would be sweet. MOP you can be my client, go get real drunk and do something stupid and we'll give it a shot!

like i don't already have dozens of experiences to tap into already :huh:....

SteelersinCA
08-27-2010, 10:14 AM
You forgot lawyers Ric...lawyers and special interests groups.

*eyeballs SiCA* :wtf:

I'm a criminal lawyer, I spend all day saying drinking and drugs are OK!!!!

like i don't already have dozens of experiences to tap into already :huh:....

Exceedingly stupid MOP and I propose you list them for the board so we can take a vote on which one we will pursue.

MasterOfPuppets
08-27-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm a criminal lawyer, I spend all day saying drinking and drugs are OK!!!!

Exceedingly stupid MOP and I propose you list them for the board so we can take a vote on which one we will pursue.

i'll have to research the statute of limitation laws first ...i think some of them are still open investigations ...:nervous:

SteelCityMom
08-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Car bomb explodes outside Mexico TV studio

CIUDAD VICTORIA, Mexico (Reuters) A car bomb exploded outside the studios of a top TV broadcaster early on Friday, days after marines found the bodies of 72 people gunned down in Mexico's escalating war with powerful drug cartels.

The blast, the second bomb planted in a vehicle this month in the city of Ciudad Victoria near the Gulf of Mexico and the third in Mexico since late July, caused no casualties but damaged buildings.

The explosion came the same day as authorities discovered the body of a police officer who was investigating the immigrant massacre, which has been linked to Mexico's drug war.

Friday's explosion, apparently part of a growing campaign of intimidation against the media in Mexico, left little more than the car's engine and front chassis near the studio of broadcaster Televisa in the capital of Tamaulipas state, located 220 miles south of the Texas border.

Televisa did not give details of the blast and it was unclear what explosives were used or how the bomb was detonated. No group was immediately blamed for the explosion.

In July, suspected drug cartels planted explosives in a vehicle, the first attack of its kind since Calderon took office, in the violent city of Ciudad Juarez. Four people were killed.

Another vehicle-borne bomb earlier this month in Ciudad Victoria did not cause any deaths.

More than 28,000 people in Mexico have died in drug violence since President Felipe Calderon launched his war on drugs in late 2006. As gruesome attacks become more common, Calderon is seeking to convince civic leaders, businessmen and opposition politicians that his war is making headway.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100827/wl_nm/us_mexico_drugs_6;_ylt=Ahu_t.zG9FsXIMXS2P1syKW9IxI F;_ylu=X3oDMTE2dW90OTZhBHBvcwMxBHNlYwN5bi1yLWItbGV mdARzbGsDZXYtY2FyYm9tYmV4

Stinky Fred
08-27-2010, 03:10 PM

So how's a guy supposed to do speedballs?

Freekin bigots!

tony hipchest
08-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Police: Accused drug lord moved tons of cocaine to U.S.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/31/mexico.kingpin.arrested/index.html?hpt=T2

Mexico City, Mexico (CNN) -- Authorities in Mexico revealed additional details Tuesday about an accused American-born drug kingpin detained Monday who they say moved tons of cocaine into the United States.

Masked security forces in black uniforms and helmets, rifles in hand, escorted Edgar Valdez Villarreal and some of his accused associates before news reporters and photographers during a news conference Tuesday morning.

Valdez is known as "La Barbie" because of his blue eyes and fair complexion, but investigators have described him as one of the most ruthless drug traffickers in Mexico.

"The capture of Valdez Villarreal is a high-impact blow against organized crime," said Alejandro Poire, a spokesman for Mexico's president on security issues. "This is an important step in the national security strategy."

Valdez was responsible for smuggling about a ton of cocaine a month into the United States, authorities said Tuesday. They also displayed automatic rifles, ammunition and bags believed to contain drugs -- items they said police seized as they arrested him Monday.

The arrest, a high-profile win for Mexican authorities, followed intelligence operations in six Mexican states to determine Valdez's whereabouts, Poire said. He was captured in the state of Mexico, which borders Mexico City.

Valdez was allegedly a one-time top lieutenant of Mexico's most wanted man, Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.

Valdez later joined the breakaway Beltran Leyva cartel, but the leader of that group, Arturo Beltran Leyva, was killed in a shootout with Mexican officials late last year. Beltran's brother Carlos was arrested, leaving Valdez in a fight to fill a power vacuum in one of Mexico's most powerful drug cartels.

Lieutenants loyal to the cartel's co-founder deny Valdez is the group's leader, federal police have said.

Valdez, thought to be the first U.S.-born cartel leader in Mexico, is accused in the United States of attempting to launder money and conspiring to import and distribute cocaine. He is believed to have played a key role in shipping roughly 100 kilograms of cocaine across the border at Laredo, Texas, every week for much of 2005, U.S. authorities have said.
In June, U.S. Justice Department officials offered a $2 million reward for information leading to the capture of the alleged cocaine kingpin.

His arrest comes on the heels of another big blow against the drug cartels. Ignacio "Nacho" Coronel Villareal, a principal leader of the Sinaloa drug cartel, was killed during a military raid in July.

El Barbie's gang is responsible for the 4 bridge hangings. they kill and capture these guys left and right, and a new (and usually more ruthless) leader steps right in.

urgle burgle
08-31-2010, 09:44 PM

to kill plants, especially those that can be converted to illegal drugs?