PDA

View Full Version : Greedy NFL ruins it for Steelers fans

SteelKnight
08-24-2010, 06:39 PM
I have been supportive and respectful to Goodell but this is going too far:

NFL restricts PG video coverage of the Steelers

The NFL restricts the use of post-gazette.com video to 90 seconds per day of any league employee, including players and coaches. Live-streaming is not permitted nor is any permanent archive of video.

The NFL also requires videos featuring league employees to be removed from post-gazette.com after 24 hours.

If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may write to NFL headquarters:

National Football League
280 Park Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10017

You also may contact the NFL at 212-450-2000.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/01001/1011382-66.stm#ixzz0xZ8C4iPp

Goodell always talks about wanting to bring Football to the fans but ere he is getting greedy. He's acting like the mafia. Maybe the press is supposed to pay him off. League Employees? Please.

He want all the videos and exclusive stuff to be on NFL.com. This is probably a sneaky way to try to limit ESPN and the smaller people are just casualties of war.

What are your thoughts?

Goodbye videos...90 sec and 24 hours? GREEDY!

stb_steeler
08-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Maybe for some strange reason he wants it to be limited to protect players ect. But then again this is Goodell were talkin bout. :monkey:

SteelKnight
08-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Maybe for some strange reason he wants it to be limited to protect players ect. But then again this is Goodell were talkin bout. :monkey:

I don't think so. Goodell is always thinking about the business aspect of the game, how to grow it and how to make more money.

This is dispicable. Now coaches and players are all now "League Employees"? Are they going to limit the NFL Network interviews to 90 seconds and also ask that the video be removed within 24 hours? He wants a monopoly on the advertisers. It is just greedy. He couldn't even give the videos a week. He is doing this because he knows they will say "Why bother if the video can only stay up there for 1 day?"

I almost feel like this is against the law. I feel like boycotting in some way. The press should have access to players and coaches. It is ridiculous. As long as the player/coach is willing to give the interview, it should be shown.

What he doesn't understand is that the local press gives us the videos we crave. Unless he is going to come up with an NFL Network Permanent Steelers media team that offers constant interviews and videos then what he is doing is limiting our access and excitement to sports.

Fortunately lately the Steelers have been putting out a lot of their own videos.

stb_steeler
08-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Do you think he would have rights to private broadcasting. I dont understand how he could limit interviews ect. What ever happen to freedom of speech for crying out loud, maybe not under the same constitution according to Goodell. :doh:

SteelKnight
08-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Do you think he would have rights to private broadcasting. I dont understand how he could limit interviews ect. What ever happen to freedom of speech for crying out loud, maybe not under the same constitution according to Goodell. :doh:

I know. I'd like to see his explanation for this. It is a stupid NFL move. It's like when Madden first came out and they were blocking his ability to use the real teams and real player names...then they realized the game actually makes their sports and their players more popular...not less. It's like free advertising.

People were like that when Youtube came out...blocking and removing things left and right. Now they've realized that it helps the popularity of their shows or items if people are so desperate to see it they look it up on Youtube. They may come back later and watcvh the show on TV. Either way, it is free Buzz and advertisement for their show.

I just can't believe they could do this. He has the power because he can say it is an NFL topic. I suppose if you got the person in Street clothes and didn't talk about the NFL, it may pass but it is bad. It feels wrong.

It's like the mafia. If they want to start charging the press then charge them ...at expense of their own image...but don't limit.

Employee my azz.

SteelKnight
08-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Again...my feeling is it is aimed at ESPN. If they can make it so ESPNs broadcasts and online info are all hearsay with no long interviews and the only place you can get long 10 min -20 min interviews is the NFL network, people may change loyalties.

Downbylaw
08-24-2010, 11:54 PM
You guys act like Seahawk fans instead of MIGHTY STEELER fans. Whine about every frickin thing I swear. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

wootawnee
08-25-2010, 12:08 AM
We need a strike.........

Downbylaw
08-25-2010, 12:35 AM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

chacha
08-25-2010, 11:36 AM
^ It's a FORUM dummy, where people can post their opinons, even you and all your whining about Ben. waaaahhhhhh I dont like Ben..Ben sucks.wahhhhwahhhhh

SteelCityMom
08-25-2010, 11:59 AM
It's a FORUM dummy, where people can post their opinons, even you and all your whining about Ben. waaaahhhhhh I dont like Ben..Ben sucks.wahhhhwahhhhh

:toofunny: Nice.

I think it sucks too...I hope the NHL never becomes this restrictive.

FogOnTheMon
08-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Goodell has been anything but good... he is certainly one of the worst commissioners in recent memory. I almost became a Raiders fan.

stb_steeler
08-25-2010, 02:09 PM
You guys act like Seahawk fans instead of MIGHTY STEELER fans. Whine about every frickin thing I swear. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

Maybe you havent noticed, this is a message board. Nobody twist your arm to come here and leave your negativity. Till the day your football coverage is taken off your tv you'll be the one WHINING!

tonyfiorita
08-25-2010, 10:43 PM
hey any one here?

tonyfiorita
08-25-2010, 10:44 PM
hello?

BoltWalt
08-26-2010, 02:39 AM
This just sucks, the NFL lives up to the name No Fun League.:doh:

SteelKnight
08-26-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm glad the PG put it out there so that Goodell can't make those mafia threats and try to hide and look good. I wish e had an e-mail that we could all flood with messages. lol

Again. Thank God the Steelers have been putting out their own clips. As a fan who doesn't live in Pittsburgh, I live for those interviews.

It's wrong. My job can't limit how many interviews I do...none but If I wanted to do some, my job couldn't limit it.

What's next? Owining the players signatures and all their pictures?

cloppbeast
08-26-2010, 10:46 PM
This is dispicable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Z2MP8vMWU

SteelKnight
08-27-2010, 03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Z2MP8vMWU

oops on my spelling.

Anyway, I had been supportive of Goodell until this.

What will be the tie breaker for me is if we can avoid the lockout. If we go into lockout, he sucks. He has so much sided with the owners that he can't help negotiate.

The whole "fans hate preseason" thing is nonsense. He just made it up because e wants to lengthen the season to make more money. When he said this, the players union said if we are going to extend the season, we want more money. So then Goodell came up wit his idea to say it is still 20 games as it always has been (so they shouldn't get more money) but it is just that 2 more will count. So then he decided to make up the fans hate preseason to try to pretend that is his motivation for changing 2 games to regular season.

In reality, the starters don't play 20 games and they don't get game equivalent checks during the preseason. The game checks start during the regular season. They get some other kind of pay for the preseason. So what will happen is their Checks per game will go down and they will actually be playing in 2 more full games.

I feel like teams need at least 3 games to get ready. I don't feel ready after our first 2 but after the 3rd, I think we'll be ready.

The only other thing that sucks is the records all now become meaningless...just as the 14 game records became obsolete. There will be a few records that survive ...like the per game records but things will change.

stb_steeler
08-27-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm glad the PG put it out there so that Goodell can't make those mafia threats and try to hide and look good. I wish e had an e-mail that we could all flood with messages. lol

Again. Thank God the Steelers have been putting out their own clips. As a fan who doesn't live in Pittsburgh, I live for those interviews.

It's wrong. My job can't limit how many interviews I do...none but If I wanted to do some, my job couldn't limit it.

What's next? Owining the players signatures and all their pictures?

I know what ya mean SteelKnight, i live in central Pa and we dont get alot of coverage on the team interview. I rely on Hillgrove and Tunch on my local radio station. I just hope us Steeler fans in this erea dont have to go thru what we did 2 seasons ago where they showing Ravens games over the Steelers on CBS. I had the sunday ticket until they started showing the games regularly here, i dropped it, figured why pay for it when they showing it on regular tv now.

SteelKnight
08-28-2010, 02:45 PM
I know what ya mean SteelKnight, i live in central Pa and we dont get alot of coverage on the team interview. I rely on Hillgrove and Tunch on my local radio station. I just hope us Steeler fans in this erea dont have to go thru what we did 2 seasons ago where they showing Ravens games over the Steelers on CBS. I had the sunday ticket until they started showing the games regularly here, i dropped it, figured why pay for it when they showing it on regular tv now.

Speaking of Sunday Ticket, that's another sell your soul to the devil. lol Goodell tries to make it seem like e does everything for the fans. That was another money deal. I wish he had given it to someone else. I'm not a big fan of the comcast monopoly but not everyone can get the dish. I wish it was available to all 3 (non-exclusive Direct-TV, Comcast, Verizon) and that you could choose to get just your team. Maybe people don't want access to every stupid game...they just want to watch their favorite.

It was another deal all about Money.

Now they have to run around the internet blocking dedicated fans who only want to see their favorite team play. They want to allow it in Europe and block it in the US.

A fair compromise is make it available to all US fans at a reasonable price (just our team...not the whole NFL)...maybe $5-7 per game. If that is the case, I have no problem with them blocking it illegally.

That stupid "Red Zone" idea is garbage. Who wants that? Next renewal, just tell Direct TV to F off.

Edit: I guess it won't matter until 2015. I also didn't realize they were getting 1 billion per year.
http://online.wsj.com/article/NA_WSJ_PUB:SB123786503490122053.html