PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Draft/ McBean

SteelKnight
08-24-2010, 09:48 PM
So I just found out that Ryan McBean is a starting DE for the Broncos.

I guess he'll try to show us what we missed next game. lol

Overall, not a bad draft with 5 starters and one 2nd string contributor (as of last year). That means 6 of 8 players have meaningful contribution to their team.

1.Timmons -starter
2.Woodley - starter
3. Spaeth -2nd string contributor
4. Sepulveda -starter
4, McBean -starter (Denver)
5. Stephenson -still trying to make a team (now Chargers)
6. Gay -starter (but will now be 2nd string contributor)
7. Baker - AFL

SteelKnight
08-26-2010, 09:38 PM
bump

steeltheone
08-26-2010, 10:52 PM
So I just found out that Ryan McBean is a starting DE for the Broncos.

I guess he'll try to show us what we missed next game. lol

Overall, not a bad draft with 5 starters and one 2nd string contributor (as of last year). That means 6 of 8 players have meaningful contribution to their team.

1.Timmons -starter
2.Woodley - starter
3. Spaeth -2nd string contributor
4. Sepulveda -starter
4, McBean -starter (Denver)
5. Stephenson -still trying to make a team (now Chargers)
6. Gay -starter (but will now be 2nd string contributor)
7. Baker - AFL

The Mcbean failure hurt...thats part of the reason we are starting so many older lineman.

SteelKnight
08-27-2010, 02:20 PM
The Mcbean failure hurt...thats part of the reason we are starting so many older lineman.

Well he wasn't a failure. He got hurt and then we lost confidence in him to become something. He became something though. (I realize you might have meant the Steelers shouldn't have let him go). If they had confidence in him, they could have kept IRing him.

The older lineman thing is getting...old. The reason we are starting older linemen is because they are good. Smith and Keisel are good. We still have Hood (and possibly Harris and Worthington) behind them. Once their skills decline, we will refresh.

I was rooting for McBean. I remember they did a nice story on his Jamaican family before the draft and they seemed like a nice family. Too bad it didn't work out. I will be watching him on Sunday.