PDA

View Full Version : birds-eye breakdown of leftwich-wallace TD

tony hipchest
08-25-2010, 10:00 AM
an excellent series of photographs, steelersdepot, breaks down the long strike TD to wallace in the giants game and shows how lefty freezes the deep safety with his eyes and pump.

notice this play had 3 players open and coulda gone to a short dump off, short, intermediate, or long. any option wouldve led to a significant gain.

if the running game is effective this play will be there all year long.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/08/birds-eye-view-breakdown-of-the-leftwich-to-wallace-touchdown/

pete74
08-25-2010, 10:08 AM
That is a hell of a breakdown. Nice post bro

vasteeler
08-25-2010, 11:47 AM
an excellent series of photographs, steelersdepot, breaks down the long strike TD to wallace in the giants game and shows how lefty freezes the deep safety with his eyes and pump.

notice this play had 3 players open and coulda gone to a short dump off, short, intermediate, or long. any option wouldve led to a significant gain.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/08/birds-eye-view-breakdown-of-the-leftwich-to-wallace-touchdown/

and hopefuly ben can hit him in stride

Steelers>NFL
08-25-2010, 02:26 PM
and hopefuly ben can hit him in stride

Yeah right. In stride?? Above 50 yards??

Downbylaw
08-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Great post. This thread would be loaded with superlatives if it was Ben making this pass or if Leftwich threw a pick 6. Why guys are so reluctant to embrace him is beyond me. He plays good for us despite what he has done anywhere else. One thing that stands out to me is how Leftwich stays put in the pocket and makes it easy for his lineman to block for him. Blocking for Ben has to be a B*tch because he always leaves the pocket and when he does so, he takes the defender with him. The defender can see Ben move but the lineman can't so it makes it that much harder to block for him. If Ben would stay in the pocket just like this, he will find that he will get better protection. For this reason, you wont see as many sacks under Leftwich in Bens absence. That and he processes the information faster.

mikegrimey
08-25-2010, 09:54 PM
No matter what anyone thinks of Leftwich it feels good to finally see someone hit Wallace in stride. Ben is definitely our guy but it's frustrating to watch him strike out so often on potential homers like these.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Ben is our guy? Really? It amzes me at how often Steeler fans have to mention that. Dont worry guys, Byron is NOT going to take Bens job. Its HIS. Saying "Ben is our guy. Or Ben is our starter" Is like saying 'Ben is #7" Silly Silly Silly lol

pancake
08-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Great Breakdown TH! :tt04:

mikegrimey
08-26-2010, 02:36 AM
Ben is our guy? Really? It amzes me at how often Steeler fans have to mention that. Dont worry guys, Byron is NOT going to take Bens job. Its HIS. Saying "Ben is our guy. Or Ben is our starter" Is like saying 'Ben is #7" Silly Silly Silly lol

There was nothing silly about what I said.

I was saying how I liked Ben as a franchise QB but specifically don't like that he strikes out on the long ball so often. hence "ben is our guy but..."

You'd have to be dense indeed to think that Leftwich has even a miniscule chance of taking Ben's spot.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 03:56 AM
There was nothing silly about what I said.

I was saying how I liked Ben as a franchise QB but specifically don't like that he strikes out on the long ball so often. hence "ben is our guy but..."

You'd have to be dense indeed to think that Leftwich has even a miniscule chance of taking Ben's spot.

Do you see what I mean?WHY do Steeler fans feel threatened by Leftwich? Here is my post, I will repost it, where in it have I said ANYTHING about Leftwich taking Bens spot??

SacknificentStew56
08-26-2010, 04:10 AM
Like poetry in motion. I was jumping up and down when this happened around 2am over here in Belgium watching the game. Lovely post!!

SacknificentStew56
08-26-2010, 04:15 AM
I must say first that this post has absolutely nothing to do with Ben so why even mention him. Second, I have to ask did Ben *bleep* your sister or a relative of yours because you seem to have SOOOOOOOOOO much HATE toward him for some reason or another?? I've never seen a "so-called" Steeler fan hate on a player as well as you do. Just curious.

Great post. This thread would be loaded with superlatives if it was Ben making this pass or if Leftwich threw a pick 6. Why guys are so reluctant to embrace him is beyond me. He plays good for us despite what he has done anywhere else. One thing that stands out to me is how Leftwich stays put in the pocket and makes it easy for his lineman to block for him. Blocking for Ben has to be a B*tch because he always leaves the pocket and when he does so, he takes the defender with him. The defender can see Ben move but the lineman can't so it makes it that much harder to block for him. If Ben would stay in the pocket just like this, he will find that he will get better protection. For this reason, you wont see as many sacks under Leftwich in Bens absence. That and he processes the information faster.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 05:27 AM
I must say first that this post has absolutely nothing to do with Ben so why even mention him. Second, I have to ask did Ben *bleep* your sister or a relative of yours because you seem to have SOOOOOOOOOO much HATE toward him for some reason or another?? I've never seen a "so-called" Steeler fan hate on a player as well as you do. Just curious.

This post has nothing to do with Belgium so why did you mention that? Did Ben bleep YOU? Lastly, I dont hate Ben, here is an example of hate

"BEN IS A #$$@@**" " I WISH THAT POS WASNT ON MY TEAM" "SCREW BEN HE IS A &$@&$#"
All I do is tell the truth about Ben, IF I have lied on him then please point out said lie. Worth noting, its interesting you dont say anything to the bloggers who have things to say about Arians, Tomlin or Leftwich. Interesting.

vasteeler
08-26-2010, 08:50 AM
yet another thread going to hell

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 10:26 AM

word.

downbylaw, ive been around here for a while and as common forum protocol and ettiquite, we typically keep all random and redundant ben bashing in one place, as to not become a distraction, taking away from other real football related conversations.

it has been bumped for your convinience. :thumbsup:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50524

stuck_in_VA
08-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Unfortunately, downbylaw has made his way to yet another forum. He claims to be a Steeler fan, but is an unquestioned Ben hater. He turned EVERY Steeler thread into a discussion about Ben, and I see he has picked up nicely here. He was banned at least 3 times from ESPN (after creating new sn's).

Just so everyone understands, he will post like crazy and it will all be about Ben. He will always compare Ben to Manning Brady and Brees and give buckets of "statistical proof" to show how Ben is not "elite".

Either get used to him or ignore him.

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 12:00 PM
*ignore*

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Unfortunately, downbylaw has made his way to yet another forum. He claims to be a Steeler fan, but is an unquestioned Ben hater. He turned EVERY Steeler thread into a discussion about Ben, and I see he has picked up nicely here. He was banned at least 3 times from ESPN (after creating new sn's).

Just so everyone understands, he will post like crazy and it will all be about Ben. He will always compare Ben to Manning Brady and Brees and give buckets of "statistical proof" to show how Ben is not "elite".

PROVE that I was on ESPN whatever thread you're ranting about. What are the rules? We can criticize Arians, Tomlin, The Rooneys, Leftwich, Hines, Polamalu's injuries BUT DONT EVER CRITICIZE BEN. You guys act like Seahawk fans or worse yet GIRLS. If I tell you to list the elite receivers and you dont select Hines would I care? No. Its your opinion. My opinion is Ben is not elite and I dont just say it, I back it up. Wait till the Steelers have success without Ben, then what will you say? I'll tell you what you'll say. You'll say "Its the defense" lol Thats the same thing I say when Ben is there. ITS THE DEFENSE.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 12:55 PM

I'm a Ben hater because I say he isnt elite? I have proved it. The numbers dont lie. ONE Pro Bowl, NO Super Bowl MVPs, No All Pro Teams. He has 2 rings, well so does Ike Taylor, Deshea Townsend, Max Starks, Larry Foote, James Farrior, Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu, Aaron Smith,Chris Hoke and Heath Miller. The only individuals that are ELITE in that bunch are Heath Miller and Troy Polamalu.

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 01:10 PM
DUDE!

youre spamming and trolling and shitting on (another) perfectly good thread.

your crap need flushed. when does it stop?

eeiDM1H_Y-w&feature=fvsr

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:16 PM
When you stop crying about what I post. Your very talented you can post pictures. Congrats

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 01:20 PM
eeiDM1H_Y-w&feature=fvsr

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Again Congrats to picture posting 101 eh hem excuse me, Picture posting 65. (It's a college thing)

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 01:26 PM
eeiDM1H_Y-w&feature=fvsr

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Man, Leftwich really stayed in the pocket on that throw. Displayed the perfect ball pat instead of the long, windup pump fake. Wonder if he can do that consistently? Doubt it, He mike hyperextend a knee.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:29 PM
*Might

pancake
08-26-2010, 02:16 PM

Yeah, I don't mind debates, but the personal attacks get old...

stuck_in_VA
08-26-2010, 02:20 PM
PROVE that I was on ESPN whatever thread you're ranting about. What are the rules? We can criticize Arians, Tomlin, The Rooneys, Leftwich, Hines, Polamalu's injuries BUT DONT EVER CRITICIZE BEN. You guys act like Seahawk fans or worse yet GIRLS. If I tell you to list the elite receivers and you dont select Hines would I care? No. Its your opinion. My opinion is Ben is not elite and I dont just say it, I back it up. Wait till the Steelers have success without Ben, then what will you say? I'll tell you what you'll say. You'll say "Its the defense" lol Thats the same thing I say when Ben is there. ITS THE DEFENSE.

lol because ESPN deleted every single post you made. Or as you put it in one of your former posts, "I ASKED ESPN to delete my posts." lol

dude get real

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh how convenient. 1st I'm on ESPN, then when I call your bluff, now they have deleted my posts. Can you say HYPERBOLE

stuck_in_VA
08-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Oh how convenient. 1st I'm on ESPN, then when I call your bluff, now they have deleted my posts. Can you say HYPERBOLE

Bluff? Oh yes, how convenient it really is for you that you ask me to prove your existence on a message board in which your posts were deleted due to your ban months ago.

Ahhh, the famous Scalaid6 is back!

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:39 PM
You are the one who came out with the bs not me. I called your bluff and you peed on yourself. TINKLE TINKLE TINKLE

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 02:41 PM
TINKLE TINKLE TINKLE

are you a telletubbie? i didnt know the androgenous beasts used the restroom as well.

eeiDM1H_Y-w&feature=fvsr

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Back to posting pictures. You're almost as talented as a copy and paster.

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 02:54 PM

...said broken record and spammer :jerkit:

eeiDM1H_Y-w&feature=fvsr

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Said the DUMDUM who didnt know that Ben had taken snaps with Pouncey lol

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 03:03 PM
eeiDM1H_Y-w&feature=fvsr

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 03:08 PM

Pssssst....it's a youtube video.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 03:19 PM
You dont say?

chacha
08-26-2010, 04:33 PM
eeiDM1H_Y-w&feature=fvsr

I think this needed to be posted again

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Two experts. Niiiiiiiiiiice

scsteeler
08-26-2010, 06:21 PM
No matter what anyone thinks of Leftwich it feels good to finally see someone hit Wallace in stride. Ben is definitely our guy but it's frustrating to watch him strike out so often on potential homers like these.

Yes I feel you on this Wallace in most cases is waiting on the ball and has his man beat.