PDA

View Full Version : Ziggy Hood?

steelerchad
08-25-2010, 07:01 PM
What's the word on this guy this year? Haven't seen much in print about him. Will he be able to contribute in rotation this year?

MasterOfPuppets
08-25-2010, 07:04 PM
i've seen lots of quotes from coaches and players heaping praise on his development... i just haven't noticed it much during the games ...:noidea:

stb_steeler
08-25-2010, 07:16 PM
What's the word on this guy this year? Haven't seen much in print about him. Will he be able to contribute in rotation this year?

There was a huge write up in our local paper saying how their seeing leedership from Zigman. Praised him all day long on how far he has come.

fast988
08-25-2010, 10:15 PM
I hardly remebered him.

Merchant
08-25-2010, 11:23 PM
You'll remember him by season's end. Dude's a BEAST.

Fire Arians
08-25-2010, 11:39 PM
^ hope you're right!

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-26-2010, 04:45 PM
BY all the reports coming out of camp this year, Ziggy has shown the most improvement from last year, has been a workout warrior who has been working out twice, sometimes three times a day to get ready for this season, and has been showing an almost James Harrison-like ability to get after the passer.

His name will be very familiar by the end of this next season, as we now have 3 viable starting DE's to use in a rotation.

pete74
08-26-2010, 06:48 PM
i agree. by the end of the season hood will be starting. he has way to much talent to be a 2nd string. true he hasnt stood out yet in preseason but he also hasnt looked bad whatsoever. he will tear it up in 2010

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2010, 06:58 PM
i think people tend to focus on "starting" to much. ... all that really means when your at a position that rotates players is who's on the field for the first snap...:noidea: ... the important thing is how much playing time you get. coaches tend to, or at least they should, give the guys that are playing the best in that particular game more playing time . hood might play better than kiesel one week and get more reps, but that don't mean it'll be that way every week. a lot of it depends on how their strengths measure up against the guy strengths in front of them they're trying to beat.

steeltheone
08-26-2010, 07:19 PM
A number 1 pick should start his second year or you have to question the pick...

LVSteelersfan
08-26-2010, 07:29 PM
A number 1 pick should start his second year or you have to question the pick...

And you picked up this knowledge from where exactly? Sorry, but that makes no sense whatsoever. Players come along at different rates of time. I am sure Ziggy will be the starter though if he is as much of a beast as they say he is. Keisel will be spelling him sooner than later. GO ZIGGY !!!! This FO knows how to pick players that will fit the system and 9 times out of 10 they are not prima donnas either.

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2010, 07:37 PM

believe it or not, not every first rd pick is a superstar or automatically better than the player in front of them right out of the gate. smith and keisel aren't exactly slouches, but they are long in the tooth. should they have waited till smith announced his retirement before drafting his replacement ? had they invested a good pick in a LT a few years ago, they wouldn't have been stuck over paying for starks.

steeltheone
08-26-2010, 11:02 PM
believe it or not, not every first rd pick is a superstar or automatically better than the player in front of them right out of the gate. smith and keisel aren't exactly slouches, but they are long in the tooth. should they have waited till smith announced his retirement before drafting his replacement ? had they invested a good pick in a LT a few years ago, they wouldn't have been stuck over paying for starks.

Well we have ignored the OL for years...Ziggy is no bust and he should start now imo..... i understand some picks progress slower than others!