PDA

View Full Version : The little fans

siss
02-21-2006, 12:29 PM
I work at a elementary/ Pre-school and one of our teachers is from Pittsburgh and her boyfriend is a HUGE Steelers fan. We have a father who is a raiders fan (such a nice man too!) and these to go at it all year long. So during the playoffs they went at each other talking trash The little boy wore a sign that said breakfeast $10, #7 hersey $80.00 watching the Steelers beat the Colts...Priceless, and me being the Steeler fan that I am, joined in. His son is in my class and when ever he comes to pick up his son all my kids go up to him and yell (at the top of there lungs) GO STEELERS!
Last week (2 weeks after the Super Bowl) My kids are still running up to them and yelling Go STEELERS! So I think I have turned about 20 kids into steelers fans without even knowing it(your welcome). Maybe I should explain to them who the Steelers are and do a little history lesson (cause I dont think they know!). Your Welcome!

Livinginthe past
02-21-2006, 12:31 PM
I work at a elementary/ Pre-school and one of our teachers is from Pittsburgh and her boyfriend is a HUGE Steelers fan. We have a father who is a raiders fan (such a nice man too!) and these to go at it all year long. So during the playoffs they went at each other talking trash The little boy wore a sign that said breakfeast $10, #7 hersey $80.00 watching the Steelers beat the Colts...Priceless, and me being the Steeler fan that I am, joined in. His son is in my class and when ever he comes to pick up his son all my kids go up to him and yell (at the top of there lungs) GO STEELERS!
Last week (2 weeks after the Super Bowl) My kids are still running up to them and yelling Go STEELERS! So I think I have turned about 20 kids into steelers fans without even knowing it(your welcome). Maybe I should explain to them who the Steelers are and do a little history lesson (cause I dont think they know!). Your Welcome!

Im pretty sure some of those kids have access to the internet and have just started posting since the SB!

GO STEELERSSSS! WOO HOO!

NM

siss
02-21-2006, 12:37 PM
There 1st graders. Most of them dont know what football is. At least if they become Steelers fans, they will like a good team, but also a team with some good role models.

Livinginthe past
02-21-2006, 12:47 PM
There 1st graders. Most of them dont know what football is. At least if they become Steelers fans, they will like a good team, but also a team with some good role models.

Wow the evidence is piling up.

Don't know what football is?

Now i'm sure my theory was right - a couple of them definitely do post here! :sofunny:

You make a good point about the Steelers and good role models - they are a leading franchise when it comes to setting an example - and have been for a long, long while.

NM

FisherMOM
02-21-2006, 02:13 PM
my 1st grader loves the Steelers. It's funny to see her know some by jersey number too!

She lets it be known she's s Steelers fan too! She has a little Bradshaw jersey!

melroseplace
02-21-2006, 05:17 PM
aww but just think when they're older and hardcore fans someone will ask "how long have you been a Steelers fan?" and they can say "ever since my first grade teacher introduced me to them". we shouldn't be thanking you, they should :sign01:

siss
02-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Wow the evidence is piling up.

Don't know what football is?

Now i'm sure my theory was right - a couple of them definitely do post here! :sofunny:

You make a good point about the Steelers and good role models - they are a leading franchise when it comes to setting an example - and have been for a long, long while.

NM
From the stand point of someone who looks at football players as role models I can't think of a better team. I think they really get that, like it or not, they are role models.
And in this day and age when players get arrested and charged with murder it really is refreshing.

melroseplace
02-21-2006, 06:45 PM
And in this day and age when players get arrested and charged with murder it really is refreshing.

Trai Essex got arrested recently. but that's an exception

Stlrs4Life
02-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Nice story, the history lesson would be a good thing.

Suitanim
02-21-2006, 08:29 PM
I became a Steelers fan when I was about 6 years old...I didn't understand the game of football, but I understood winning...

I never played on a championship team in my entire sports career, and I played baseball, basketball, football and soccer, and some of these sports I played for over a decade.

MOST importantly, I learned loyalty. The teams I picked when I was 6-7 years old, when I didn't understand what exactly it was I was picking, are the same teams I pull for now. I'm extremely proud of my loyalty, and also incredibly disdainful of those who didn't "put in the years".

I'm happy for those little kids that are cheering for the Steelers, but I also hope they earn their stripes later in life by seeing their team suffer a little adversity...it will make them appreciate the championships even more.

siss
02-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Nice story, the history lesson would be a good thing.
Any teachers on the board wanna help me put together a lesson plan for 1st graders. I just know the highlights. I think its about time I explain to them what Who and What the Steelers are.

FisherMOM
02-21-2006, 10:47 PM
what a great point! Celeste will be able to say she has been a Steelers fan since she was 7.

Actually.. she has worn Steelers outfits all of her life!

Steelillini
02-23-2006, 10:09 PM
My 1st grader and Kindergartner became big football fans during this years playoffs. In fact it was about the Chicago game on (they have a couple of uncles who are Bear fans) that they started wanting to watch more--even took them to a bar to watch the Lions game. I, like Suit have my same teams since I was about 7 or 8 and have been loyal year in and year out. They might not know the ins and outs of the game but they know all the teams and even a lot of the players. We even watched the 70's SB's before SB XL and know some of the players from those teams................I SAY THE NATION JUST GOT STRONGER THIS YEAR