PDA

View Full Version : News and notes for the Denver game Sunday night

whatdoiknow
08-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Lets see, via KFFL....

Steelers | Bryant McFadden expected to miss Sunday
Comment (0)
Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:24:01 -0400

Pittsburgh Steelers CB Bryant McFadden (pectoral) is not expected to play in the team's preseason game Sunday, Aug. 29, according to CBSSports.com. CB Keenan Lewis will take his spot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steelers | Maurkice Pouncey to start Sunday
Comment (0)
Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:34:36 -0400

Pittsburgh Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey will start at center in the team's preseason game Sunday, Aug. 29, according to CBSSports.com

Steelers | Ben Roethlisberger to start Sunday
Comment (0)
Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:37:16 -0400

Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger will start in the team's preseason game Sunday, Aug. 29, reports CBSSports.com, according to head coach Mike Tomlin.

Steelers | Dennis Dixon to receive time with first-team Sunday
Comment (0)
Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:39:36 -0400

Pittsburgh Steelers QB Dennis Dixon will receive time with the first-team offense in the team's preseason game Sunday, Aug. 29, reports CBSSports.com, according to head coach Mike Tomlin.

Great Ben is starting,,,I guess that means a whole quarter for Ben. Then a whole quarter for Lefty. Then in the 3rd quarter, Dixon will get a couple of Table scraps of two series at MOST with PART of the 1st teamer. Cause I guarantee you all of them won't be in there.

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Actually...there's a good chance Dixon will see time with the first team in Denver.

Pouncey might not be the only surprise starter Sunday night in Denver.

It looks as though Roethlisberger might make his second start of the preseason at quarterback and Dennis Dixon will get his first chance to run the first team after him.

"I intend to give Dennis Dixon some looks with the first group against some good people," Tomlin said. "I think he's earned that likewise. And that's what this preseason is all about."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10238/1082784-66.stm

Edit: I noticed you already posted that in the bottom of your notes ( I just scrolled through it ), why would you think then that Dixon would be getting 2nd and 3rd team table scraps?

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Ben is in the way. Why get him sharp IF he is sitting for 4 weeks? Makes no sense. Let Leftwich and Dixon play and then let Ben play most of the last pre season game. Then during the Bye week let Ben get sharp for week 6. Ben is a seasoned vet, he doesnt need the work, DIXON does. Tomlin is a spinless idiot

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Ben is in the way. Why get him sharp IF he is sitting for 4 weeks? Makes no sense. Let Leftwich and Dixon play and then let Ben play most of the last pre season game. Then during the Bye week let Ben get sharp for week 6. Ben is a seasoned vet, he doesnt need the work, DIXON does. Tomlin is a spinless idiot

youre in the way of real and legitimate football talk and conversation.

you dont know jack shit about football or preparation. ben AND pouncey need some real LIVE GAME snaps together to prepare for week 6.

are you really that clueless that it makes no sense to you?

good that keenan lewis is getting some extra work in too.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Ignore me then. Anytime you wanna battle wits in regards to football, so go and I will Silence you LAMB
BEN IS IN THE WAY

MattsMe
08-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Tony get out of here with your talk about a QB and new center needing reps together. It's obvious you just started watching football. Come back when you have something bad to say about Ben.

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 01:36 PM
battle wits?

i'll take my brain out to make it even.

har...

har...

haZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :yawn:

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:38 PM
battle wits?

i'll take my brain out to make it even.

har...

har...

haZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :yawn:

You already did. I can tell by how upset you are getting about what another person posts. Shows you're weak.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:43 PM
So let me get this right, we should handicap our team early by trying to get a guy ready who cant play for SIX weeks? Enlighten me. You mentioned that Ben and pouncey need to get snaps etc. So what happens if its week 10 and Ben gets hurt (banged up) and Lefwich has to go in. Ben has been taking all the snaps from Pouncey from week 6 up until then. What does Leftwich do? He gets under center and takes a few practice snaps like ALL Qbs do. Whats he say "Hey coach I'm going to need a few game time snaps to make sure I'm ready to go in" OMG

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Did he just call you a lamb? Who does that?

Them's fightin' words.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Tony get out of here with your talk about a QB and new center needing reps together. It's obvious you just started watching football. Come back when you have something bad to say about Ben.

I dont say bad things about Ben. I just report what I have seen. However, if you feel that I have lied on him in any way then please bring it to my attention and I will make an amendment. Thx bud

SteelCityMom
So let me get this right, we should handicap our team early by trying to get a guy ready who cant play for SIX weeks? Enlighten me. You mentioned that Ben and pouncey need to get snaps etc. So what happens if its week 10 and Ben gets hurt (banged up) and Lefwich has to go in. Ben has been taking all the snaps from Pouncey from week 6 up until then. What does Leftwich do? He gets under center and takes a few practice snaps like ALL Qbs do. Whats he say "Hey coach I'm going to need a few game time snaps to make sure I'm ready to go in" OMG

Leftwich has been getting playing time with Pouncey as well.

And most likely the suspension is only going to be 4 weeks.

tony hipchest
hey matt, i say we send Downbycontact over to SU as a house warming gift. they yet to have their anti-ben poster cherry popped yet and thus are shielded from the "truth".

plus the mods there would just LOVE him.

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 01:45 PM
hey matt, i say we send Downbycontact over to SU as a house warming gift. they yet to have their anti-ben poster cherry popped yet and thus are shielded from the "truth".

:sofunny: :thumbsup:

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Leftwich has been getting playing time with Pouncey as well.

And most likely the suspension is only going to be 4 weeks.

Thats why I said Ben will have taken all of the snaps for week 6 (we have a bye in week 5) until week 10. That means Ben missed 4 games. Sorry for the confusion

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:48 PM

You guys are like little girls, I swear. DONT TALK ABOUT BEN!! LOL

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Thats why I said Ben will have taken all of the snaps for week 6 (we have a bye in week 5) until week 10. That means Ben missed 4 games. Sorry for the confusion

Oh ok, I got what you mean now.

Well, not much you can do about that...I guess just be glad that Leftwich has had a lot of playing and practice time with Pouncey already. I'd still rather the QB who, barring injury, is going to be playing most of the season getting the majority of the snaps.

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 01:49 PM
You guys are like little girls, I swear. DONT TALK ABOUT BEN!! LOL

Seriously...that was an inside joke. You'd get much worse treatment where Tony wants to send you than you would from any of us in regards to "bashing" Ben.

You think we're homers? You haven't experienced anything yet lol.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:50 PM
At the expense of the 1st 4 games? Makes no sense and you guys are having a poor time making it make sense too.

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 01:50 PM
You guys are like little girls, I swear. DONT TALK ABOUT BEN!! LOLhey mcnulty, whats with the "obsessed by ben" freakshow?

no cheese for you!

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Seriously...that was an inside joke. You'd get much worse treatment where Tony wants to send you than you would from any of us in regards to "bashing" Ben.

This is BASHING. "Ben is a bum" "Ben sucks" "Ben should be benched"
I say "Ben is good" "Ben is very good" ""Ben is a winner" "I just dont think he is elite YET"
Big difference. I dont bash. If I asked you is willie parker elite and you said no. Why would I get mad? Its your opinion. The only players on the Steelers who are elite in my opinion is Troy and Heath. You can have your own opinion in that regard, do I care? No.
Why do you guys? Post is 3000 times, I could care less.

TackleMeBen
08-26-2010, 01:53 PM

you are cracking me up tony.... :rofl:

hey mcnulty, whats with the "obsessed by ben" freakshow?

no cheese for you!
you are still on a roll i see..:thumbsup:

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:53 PM
hey mcnulty, whats with the "obsessed by ben" freakshow?

no cheese for you!

Uh........ I think YOU are obsessed. I think you have images of Him......behind you.

OUCH!:tt04::applaudit:

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 01:54 PM
At the expense of the 1st 4 games? Makes no sense and you guys are having a poor time making it make sense too.

Well...look at it this way. Leftwich I'm guessing was splitting snaps with Ben in TC (or at least somewhere close to it), and has been getting significant playing time with Pouncey and the first team offense in the preseason.

I'm not saying that Ben has been stealing all the snaps, but don't you want them both to get as many possible since they'll both be playing with him in the regular season? It would be stupid not to.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Lefwich is playing the 1st 4 weeks. Doesnt it make sense to get HIM ready before you worry about week 6? Thats like teaching your kid the Alphabet and starting at "H". Makes no sense. Get Ben snaps, then he sits for SIX weeks. This just hurts the early season preparation. Get a guy ready who wont be playing for a month and two weeks. And you guys are ok with it, THATS WHATS SO FUNNY. WOW

MattsMe
08-26-2010, 01:58 PM

:sofunny:

That place is lacking a good anti-ben thread hijacker. We should probably ask about his politics first though. It's only fair.

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 02:01 PM
This is BASHING. "Ben is a bum" "Ben sucks" "Ben should be benched"
I say "Ben is good" "Ben is very good" ""Ben is a winner" "I just dont think he is elite YET"
Big difference. I dont bash. If I asked you is willie parker elite and you said no. Why would I get mad? Its your opinion. The only players on the Steelers who are elite in my opinion is Troy and Heath. You can have your own opinion in that regard, do I care? No.
Why do you guys? Post is 3000 times, I could care less.

Jesus guy...calm the F down. I put "bashing" in quotation marks for a reason. Sorry you can't take a damn joke.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:01 PM
:sofunny:

That place is lacking a good anti-ben thread hijacker. We should probably ask about his politics first though. It's only fair.

Another "tender" lol

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Jesus guy...calm the F down. I put "bashing" in quotation marks for a reason. Sorry you can't take a damn joke.

Now your cursing at me? Wow. I must explain that the Caps are for emphasis. I'm not yelling. Scouts honor

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Lefwich is playing the 1st 4 weeks. Doesnt it make sense to get HIM ready before you worry about week 6? Thats like teaching your kid the Alphabet and starting at "H". Makes no sense. Get Ben snaps, then he sits for SIX weeks. This just hurts the early season preparation. Get a guy ready who wont be playing for a month and two weeks. And you guys are ok with it, THATS WHATS SO FUNNY. WOW

Fine...have it your way. Ben should get no snaps with Pouncey until the bye week. That makes perfect sense.

pancake
08-26-2010, 02:03 PM
While you kids are taking shots at each other :blah:, I am going to try and get on topic...

It looks that Lewis has moved up to the third CB and maybe pushing McFadden for a starting spot. If Lewis plays well in Denver, watch out Mc...

Nothing better than some competition to get the best out of everyone. I think Gay as a #4 CB is pretty strong.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Ben gets snaps with him everyday in practice. Have you seen the snap count? Ben leads it.

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Now your cursing at me? Wow. I must explain that the Caps are for emphasis. I'm not yelling. Scouts honor

Caps don't bother me. You just have this attitude thing where you're taking everything personally.

Just so you know...I don't think Ben is elite either.

Lighten up Francis.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:05 PM
While you kids are taking shots at each other :blah:, I am going to try and get on topic...

It looks that Lewis has moved up to the third CB and maybe pushing McFadden for a starting spot. If Lewis plays well in Denver, watch out Mc...

Nothing better than some competition to get the best out of everyone. I think Gay as a #4 CB is pretty strong.

I like Lewis. He is bigger than Bmac and more physical. Plus he breaks on the ball better. Seeing Bmac get beat to the corner by bradshaw is not encouraging either. Also, Steve Smith caught a ball over Bmac when he should have picked it. Another Dwayne Washington. GO LEWIS!

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Caps don't bother me. You just have this attitude thing where you're taking everything personally.

Just so you know...I don't think Ben is elite either.

Lighten up Francis.

Naw, I'd rather be Diametrically Opposed. Just kiddng. I like you. And you TYPE FAST! LOL

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Naw, I'd rather be Diametrically Opposed. Just kiddng. I like you. And you TYPE FAST! LOL

:rofl: See that's good stuff right there.

pancake
08-26-2010, 02:08 PM
I like Lewis. He is bigger than Bmac and more physical. Plus he breaks on the ball better. Seeing Bmac get beat to the corner by bradshaw is not encouraging either. Also, Steve Smith caught a ball over Bmac when he should have picked it. Another Dwayne Washington. GO LEWIS!

I think Bmac would be very solid #3 and if Lewis can earn that spot instead of BMac giving it to him, then this secondary is looking up.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Ladies always keep me in line. Much respect, I'm not a bad guy. Really.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:10 PM
I think Bmac would be very solid #3 and if Lewis can earn that spot instead of BMac giving it to him, then this secondary is looking up.

Agreed

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Lefwich is playing the 1st 4 weeks. Doesnt it make sense to get HIM ready before you worry about week 6? Thats like teaching your kid the Alphabet and starting at "H". Makes no sense. Get Ben snaps, then he sits for SIX weeks. This just hurts the early season preparation. Get a guy ready who wont be playing for a month and two weeks. And you guys are ok with it, THATS WHATS SO FUNNY. WOWyou make no sense, and are giving stupid_fly a run for her money.

have you ever reared any children?

pancake
08-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Glad we all are playing nice now... lol :applaudit:

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:13 PM
See what I mean? Now we are attacking families? If I go there, I'm the bad guy. Address my post and leave the collateral attacks out of it or its open season, got it Peaches?

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Ben gets snaps with him everyday in practice. Have you seen the snap count? Ben leads it.ben has been getting snaps with the 1st team offense every day in practice. yesterday was pounceys 1st day
running with the 1st team.

so you are wrong.

*whap* ZAP zzziiiiiiinnnggg!

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:16 PM
ben has been getting snaps with the 1st team offense every day in practice. yesterday was pounceys 1st day
running with the 1st team.

so you are wrong.

*whap* ZAP zzziiiiiiinnnggg!

Hey dum dum. Watch the Giants game. WHO was out there on the seond series WITH BEN. None other than Pouncey. He alternated series with Hartwig. How DUMB do you feel?

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 02:21 PM
How DUMB do you feel?with your posts i feel like albert freaking einstein.

ben taking live game snaps with pouncey vs actual competition???

go figure. now why would they do THAT? :screwy:

MattsMe
08-26-2010, 02:24 PM

"reared any children" :chuckle:

Reminds me of the "places bengal brian has been banned from" thread.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:25 PM
He did just last week as I proved (which you didnt know). So we shelve our early season preparation for a guy that will be sitting for 6 weeks. Real smart. Your a dumb as Tomlin

MattsMe
08-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Your a dumb as Tomlin

And that's the true!

Shame on you Tony. Stop gang tackling.

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 02:37 PM
He did just last week as I proved (which you didnt know). So we shelve our early season preparation for a guy that will be sitting for 6 weeks. Real smart. Your a dumb as Tomlinif you wanna get in a "cut low"
contest i will lie down so we can atleast see eye to eye.

"dumb as tomlin" :rofl:

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Big Ben ......he is a d&%$che bag, everyone knows it. But it is funny how someone says one thing nasty against Ben and people jump to his defense like a pack of lawyers on retainer.....nuh-uh (he didn't do this or didn't do that).....hahaha! Love it

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 02:43 PM
if you wanna get in a "cut low"
contest i will lie down so we can atleast see eye to eye.

"dumb as tomlin" :rofl:

You'll have to excuse Tony He had some Ben pearls in his throat and it blocked his windpipe. You would've thought that Ben would have been empty after all of the Ben lovers got off their knees, but apparently that's not the case.

:tt04::rofl::rofl:

BlockMonsta
08-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Big Ben ......he is a d&%$che bag, everyone knows it. But it is funny how someone says one thing nasty against Ben and people jump to his defense like a pack of lawyers on retainer.....nuh-uh (he didn't do this or didn't do that).....hahaha! Love it

Another person that feels the need to act tough on the internet. Reminds me of super_fly..

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 03:40 PM
How am I acting tough? Are you guys usually this sensitive?

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Well guys its time to call it a day. Thank you all for getting me through another boring day at the office. I couldnt have done it without you. And Tony if you keep drinking on the job you will get fired from the sperm bank. I will see you all tomorrow. Toot toot and a Tally Ho!

whatdoiknow
08-26-2010, 03:50 PM
How am I acting tough? Are you guys usually this sensitive?

He's right. He is not acting tough. That would be Impossible considering he's the BIGGEST PU$$Y I have ever encountered here :applaudit:

Man! Gone for a little while and my WHOLE thread gets Hyjacked by this clown. Ah...remember, this is a DENVER/STEELERS Game notes thread!!

BlockMonsta
08-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Because you talk shit on the internet. In an attempt to make yourself feel good. This fourm is going dwn hill.

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 04:13 PM
He's right. He is not acting tough. That would be Impossible considering he's the BIGGEST PU$$Y I have ever encountered here :applaudit:

Man! Gone for a little while and my WHOLE thread gets Hyjacked by this clown. Ah...remember, this is a DENVER/STEELERS Game notes thread!!

If you see a bleep come put some bleep in me then

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Because you talk shit on the internet. In an attempt to make yourself feel good. This fourm is going dwn hill.

I talk crap because he said something about my children. If you are going to play moral police do your research BOY.

BlockMonsta
08-26-2010, 04:20 PM
So in everysingle thread, (top 8) someone has said something about your children?

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 04:22 PM
So in everysingle thread, (top 8) someone has said something about your children?

No here is where you tell the person who said that about innocent children "That aint cool" then we will go from there. If you want to regulate the board, dont have a bias.

BlockMonsta
08-26-2010, 04:29 PM
What? All I see from you are things like "Bens a douche", and getting in arguments..

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 04:39 PM
What? All I see from you are things like "Bens a douche", and getting in arguments..

I dont say that about Ben, I copied and pasted that from ANOTHER blogger. Not my words. I accept your apology.

stb_steeler
08-26-2010, 05:16 PM

You could send him where SupaFly is, by the way where is he....Oh! wait.... BANNED

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 06:46 PM
No here is where you tell the person who said that about innocent children "That aint cool" then we will go from there. If you want to regulate the board, dont have a bias.

WTF are you talking about? are you really that ignorant?

you make no sense, and are giving stupid_fly a run for her money.

rear 2 (rÓr)
v. reared, rear∑ing, rears
v.tr.
1. To care for (children or a child) during the early stages of life; bring up.
2. To lift upright; raise.
3. To build; erect.
4. To tend (growing plants or animals).

its obvious an immature kid such as yourself never had any part in raising children, so dont be trying to preach to grown ups how its done, (or not).

Hey dum dum. Watch the Giants game. WHO was out there on the seond series WITH BEN. None other than Pouncey. He alternated series with Hartwig. How DUMB do you feel?you idiotic ass-weasel. :doh:

heres the player participation chart for every offensive play. ben took a grand total of 2 snaps from pouncey.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/steelersgiantsoffense.jpg

You could send him where SupaFly is, by the way where is he....Oh! wait.... BANNED

:wave: excellent suggestion! has he even contributed a single post here thats worthy of reading?

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2010, 06:50 PM
the return of ......jeremy

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-26-2010, 07:03 PM
the return of ......jeremy

Well, to be completely unbiased and fair, not a single one of you have bothered to address any of his points as to why they are giving Big Ben so much playing time (no, I don't agree with his assertions or his opinion of Mike Tomlin)-- all that has happened is that personal insults started getting traded and the point of the discussion was lost by the side of the road somewhere in between you kids calling each other names....

I won't get on my high horse and talk about how we should be civilized with each other-- I realize that is asking too much, but can we at least address a poster's talking points before we hit them with a barrage of personal attacks and insults?

tony hipchest
08-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Well, to be completely unbiased and fair, not a single one of you have bothered to address any of his points as to why they are giving Big Ben so much playing time (no, I don't agree with his assertions or his opinion of Mike Tomlin)-- all that has happened is that personal insults started getting traded and the point of the discussion was lost by the side of the road somewhere in between you kids calling each other names....

I won't get on my high horse and talk about how we should be civilized with each other-- I realize that is asking too much, but can we at least address a poster's talking points before we hit them with a barrage of personal attacks and insults?that is incorrect.

listen to any GM, scout, front office exec, former player, or coach in the league, and they will tell you how important it is for ben to take some snaps from pouncey in live real game action during the pre-season if the rook is going to be the starter for '10.

i pointed this out immediately.

:coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2010, 07:22 PM

I won't get on my high horse and talk about how we should be civilized with each other-- I realize that is asking too much, but can we at least address a poster's talking points before we hit them with a barrage of personal attacks and insults?

post # 4 , page 1 .....:popcorn:

LVSteelersfan
08-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Ben needs to play a little bit. There is nothing to say he is getting a full quarter out there. That is something someone on the board said. He may get a couple of series and then Dixon comes in the middle of the 1st quarter. The coaching staff has been around a long time and I trust that they know what they are doing. (except for Arians of course).

stb_steeler
08-26-2010, 09:12 PM

But Dad, he started it first....:thud::pillowfight:

cloppbeast
08-26-2010, 10:28 PM

"It's a league game, smokey"

Sorry. Always wanted to say that.

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 10:37 PM
"It's a league game, smokey"

Sorry. Always wanted to say that.

:rofl: NICE reference!

"You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain."

Ok...back to your regularly scheduled debatefest!

cloppbeast
08-26-2010, 10:39 PM
There's plenty of time for Ben to get snaps with Pouncey later. A vet like Ben can adapt easily. Anyway, if that were the plan, why doesn't Tomlin just let Pouncey play into the third quarter and put Ben in then? If all your worried about is Ben getting snaps with his new center, that's the best way to do it so you don't take anything away from getting either Dixon or Leftwich ready for the opener.

Plus, I heard it from a friend who's cousin played football in junior high school that snapping a football is like riding a bike.

cloppbeast
08-26-2010, 10:54 PM
:rofl: NICE reference!

"You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain."

One more, the greatest 2:16 of cinema

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiQmQhA-OrM&feature=related

now Ok...back to your regularly scheduled debatefest!

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 11:17 PM
WTF are you talking about? are you really that ignorant?

rear 2 (rÓr)
v. reared, rear∑ing, rears
v.tr.
1. To care for (children or a child) during the early stages of life; bring up.
2. To lift upright; raise.
3. To build; erect.
4. To tend (growing plants or animals).

its obvious an immature kid such as yourself never had any part in raising children, so dont be trying to preach to grown ups how its done, (or not).

you idiotic ass-weasel. :doh:

heres the player participation chart for every offensive play. ben took a grand total of 2 snaps from pouncey.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/steelersgiantsoffense.jpg

:wave: excellent suggestion! has he even contributed a single post here thats worthy of reading?

Only becasue Ben threw a punt.... I mean interception to Wallace. Again, Bens fault. You're not too bright are you? LOL

Downbylaw
08-26-2010, 11:20 PM
There's plenty of time for Ben to get snaps with Pouncey later. A vet like Ben can adapt easily. Anyway, if that were the plan, why doesn't Tomlin just let Pouncey play into the third quarter and put Ben in then? If all your worried about is Ben getting snaps with his new center, that's the best way to do it so you don't take anything away from getting either Dixon or Leftwich ready for the opener.

Plus, I heard it from a friend who's cousin played football in junior high school that snapping a football is like riding a bike.

Exactly. Not only has he put us in a disadvantage by not being there but now he is getting in the way of the guys that will be playing in his absence. A TEAM player would tell Tomlin "No need for me to play Mike, we have to get the guys ready for the 1st 4 weeks, I'll get my work in after practice" But what does Selfish Ben say? "I woulda played all game if they had let me". How does playing the whole game help the Steelers for the 1st 4 weeks? It doesnt, it only helps Ben. Thats why Tomlin is a spineless pawn

Goat27
08-27-2010, 02:51 AM
hey where's Charlie Batch, in the mix?

Downbylaw
08-27-2010, 03:34 AM
I believe Charlie will get cut. They had to bring in Leftwich to give us a vet in Bens absence. In the numbers game, Batch will lose.

1974/2.0
08-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Downbylaw, here is the proof Ben is not only an elite quaterback of his generation, he is also an ALL TIME elite QB. Your opinion of his rank must purely be personal and not based on anything factual or football related, which is fine, but you are still wrong either way.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2440_It's_official:_Big_Ben_one_of_the_best.htm l

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings/2010/guest-column-adjusted-comeback-efficiency

Where is Brady on that list? That's not even all time. If Ben didn't play behind such a great defense he would easily break Elways record, & he STILL might with substantially less comeback chances.

I could post more stats, accolades, & records hes broken that will likely never be touched. There is also a valid, statistically based arguement that proves he is a better QB than Brady, & that's without taking into account his strength & mobility.

So was Terry Bradshaw btw, but you didn't get to see him play. He was Jamarcus Russel with a brain, an arm, and the heart of a champion. He unofficially ran a 3.3 30yd dash, translates into 4.4 speed. Should remind you of Ben but he was a better, TOUGHER runner & athlete by far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U1Xtci4PBw&feature=player_embedded

I trust Tomlin & the coaching staff have a better idea than you or I of who needs what amount of snaps and with whom. Your assesment of Ben's ability casts credible doubt over the insightfullness and intelligence of all your other observations & opinions.

There is one list Brady adorns that you won't find Bradshaw or Ben on anywhere, those who LOST a SB. Besides, he cheated, so imo it's not even legit.

BTW, Neil didn't lose that SB for us, poor play calling was the factor. Why were we throwing when Morris was getting 6+ yards a carry & we just lost our top WR to injury? Truth of the matter is BOTH those picks were the fault of the WR. He still has one of the best all time td/int ratios. Ever wonder why they weren't even in the screen yet Neil was throwing to that spot? They boys blitzed on those plays, the WRs MISSED that & didn't cut their routes off as the offense required. Those were timing throws, launched before the WR made his break. Neil made the right read & throw, the WR didn't. Unfotunately for us Larry Brown was a much better film freak than cornerback & knew the blitz cut off routes & right where to be...

If u need to learn anything else feel free to ask, but since all u can do is say Ben is a GOOD douchebag but not elite & that's been proven wrong maybe you should move along/

1974/2.0
08-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Oh, & I think the name I chose when I signed up is looking rather prophetic :) This years draft class could prove to be one of the very best we've ever had even if Dwyer doesn't make the team, & that's saying A LOT.

Pouncey, nothing needs to be said, Sanders & Brown both look like quality WR already, Gibson is tearing it up, Worlids is showing flashes & the work ethic it takes, Sylvester is a diamond in the rough just needs to learn to stay low & he will be a BEAST, Butler could also turn out to be a undrafted steal ala wille parker.

With Burnett, Lewis, & Hood stepping up we suddenly have depth,quality, & youth where we had holes last season, other veteran FA (Allen, Foote) acquisitions also give us better quality & depth than even our 2008 squad.

I hope Urbik can make a push for the starting RG spot. He's no worse than Essex or Foster in pass protection & he showed he is still the mauler in the run game that he was in college, as has Adams. The strength of that line would be run blocking, & we have mobile QBS that can avoid that front side pressure until they gel. Pouncey can help to either side, so Urbik can even cover Adams inside & let him worry about not getting beat around the corner.

1974/2.0
08-29-2010, 07:40 PM

By all accounts he was, but by those same accounts he has apparently changed in many ways off the field. Don't use one as the basis for your position & then ignore the more current counterpoint from the same sources, makes you look myopically, & selectively, ignorant. IDC about your personal opinion of the person he is though, I am here to talk football.

1974/2.0
08-29-2010, 07:45 PM
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2440_It's_official:_Big_Ben_one_of_the_best.htm l

Back in the 1950s and 1960s, quarterbacks generally handed the ball off more often than they passed it – just like Big Ben does today. But when they did pass, it was typically a high-risk, high-reward downfield throw – much like those passes that Big Ben throws today.

(Of course, the true romantic might envision Big Ben back in the 1940s, slinging the ball down field on offense and then muscling up on defense a la Sammy Baugh. Big Ben certainly seems built like a linebacker, while Baugh, one of the best passers in history, was also a great defensive back.)

To put Big Ben in our comfort zone – that is, to discuss him through the pigskin prism of raw data – Roethlisberger is a throwback performer statistically.

In recent years, offenses have focused on short, high-percentage, low-risk passes more than they did in the past. Think the Joe Montana-Tom Brady school of passing theory, which was made possible by the rule changes of 1978 that spawned the Live Ball Era. (Brady and Montana might be as close statistically as any two passers in history.)

Montana entered the NFL in 1979, just in time to take advantage of the new rules, and under the right coach to take take advantage of the new rules, Paul Brown disciple Bill Walsh

Before Montana, teams tended to throw down the field more aggressively. Montana parlayed new-school offense into four Super Bowl victories and a reputation as the best ever at his position. Brady, before his injury this year, had taken the conservative strategy even further, turning a low YPA average (especially before 2007) and an extaordinarily low INT rate into an historically high passer rating and three Super Bowl victories.

So in recent years, per-attempt averages have generally declined in the NFL, while passer ratings (which reward high completion percentages and low INT rates) have skyrocketed.

Just three active players, for example, are in the top 15 all time in YPA (Warner, Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning). But every player in the Top 20 all time in passer rating began their careers in the Live Ball Era (1978-present). Fifteen of those in the Top 20 are still active.

Roethlisberger is the rare player high on both lists.

Brady is not...

Ben is ALREADY top 10 ALL TIME in QB rating, YPA, Completion %, & winning %.

Brady is not...

Ben is just entering his prime, and has accomplished all this behind lines that were far inferior to what Brady or Manning enjoyed. He is better, & more clutch, than them both, & there is your proof.

As far as MY personal opinion of him & his position with the team, I would have been fine with them trading him if they chose.