PDA

View Full Version : Some people's kids...

SteelCityMom
08-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Jury: No back child support for billionaire's kids

LOS ANGELES A jury on Thursday rejected a claim by billionaire real estate mogul Donald Bren's two adult children for $134 million in retroactive child support.

The unusual case was a high-stakes contest between one of the nation's richest men and the children he fathered during a 13-year affair with Jennifer McKay Gold, who brought the lawsuit on behalf of her children when they were minors.

Christie Bren, 22, and her brother, David Bren, 18, pursued the case when they became adults.

Jurors deliberated two hours before siding with the 78-year-old Irvine Co. chairman, whose attorney argued that no family court would have given the children more than the millions he already paid.

Gold, who signed agreements with Donald Bren when the children were born, said they were cheated of the support to which they were entitled.

The suit sought $400,000 a month for each of the children in retroactive support from 1988 to 2002. Their mother testified she received a total of about $3 million for them during that period.

more here...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_billionaire_child_support;_ylt=ApOBp.HMTdFaLfmA p46PBZKs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQwZWQ1NWI0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIw MTAwODI3L3VzX2JpbGxpb25haXJlX2NoaWxkX3N1cHBvcnQEY2 NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwM2BHBvcwMzBHB0A2hvbWVf Y29rZQRzZWMDeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDanVyeW5vYm Fja2No

Tell ya what...I'm glad the jury made the right decision. Sucks for the kids that their Dad didn't want to be there for them, but 18 G's a month is MORE than enough to provide an adequate lifestyle. What greedy little bastards. I haven't seen a dime of child support from my girls father in over 5 years. No sympathy from me at all.

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2010, 10:52 PM
only 3 million ? geez...those poor bastards musta been living in aquaaler all their lives...:doh: