PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow May Return Against Steelers

jady
08-27-2010, 08:47 AM
The Denver Broncos' regulars are scheduled to play into the third quarter on Sunday, when the team hosts the Pittsburgh Steelers in their third preseason game, a key dress rehearsal for the regular season.

Coach Josh McDaniels said Thursday that he wanted to be able to go through adjustments, calls and corrections with his players during the intermission and give them a chance to carry them out once play resumes in the third quarter.

"We'd like to go through a halftime where they're going to go back out there, and kind of simulate, 'OK, this is what it's going to be like here in a few weeks,' " McDaniels said. "I think we want to go through our normal process of halftime like we would during a game so that's the plan right now. " NFL jerseys (http://www.andjersey.com)

The Broncos close out the preseason Sept. 2 at Minnesota and open the regular season on Sept. 12 at Jacksonville.

McDaniels would not say whether rookie Tim Tebow, who resumed practicing Wedneday after missing the past week with bruised ribs, would rejoin the quarterback derby Sunday behind Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn. Tebow was hurt in the Broncos' preseason opener at Cincinnati on Aug. 15 when he took a shot to the chest area as he scrambled seven yards for a touchdown on the game's final play. He sat out Denver's loss to the Lions last week.

"We'll see how Tim does (in practice)," McDaniels said. "He's still pretty sore and there are some things that I don't think he can really do effectively at this point. But we've got a few more days before the game. We'd love for him to play."

For his part, Tebow said he's much better: "I feel range of motion has been good so now it's just the next thing is contact," he said.

On another matter, McDaniels said the team is still considering whether to place pass-rushing linebacker Elvis Dumervil on injured reserve or keep him on the roster in hopes he might be able to play at some point this season. Dumervil, the NFL's sack leader last season with a team-record 17, tore his pectoral muscle in a training camp drill Aug. 4. wholesale nfl jerseys (http://www.nflwholesalejerseys.com)

He underwent surgery to reattach the muscle, and most scenarios have his rehabilitation last between four and five months. In a best-case scenario, Dumervil conceivably could be back by early December, in time to play in four or five games and possibly more if the Broncos made the playoffs.

"We're going to see in the next few weeks here how this goes and then try to make the best decision we can for him and for the team," McDaniels said. "Obviously, he's a very valuable player to us, but he also has a very valuable future. So, we're not going to compromise one to save a few games here or there.

"The last couple weeks here, as the roster plays out, based on injuries, maybe there is a better chance that we just hold out hope, maybe there's not. I think there are a lot of things that could factor into this, but nothing is more important than his health."

pete74
08-27-2010, 09:03 AM
And after Woodley and Timmons hit him he will be out for another week or two. Actually I can imagine there coach is going to tell him not to run on us. He traded most of his picks for Tebow so he definatly dosnt want him killed.

With that said, I have never really loved or hated Tebow but after hearing so many people tear him up I would like to see him do well in the NFL except for when Denver plays Steelers

SacknificentStew56
08-27-2010, 10:52 AM
I would love to see Timm Dawg or Lamarr lay the Wood(no homo) to SheBow. HAHAHAHA!!