PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison and the 1 armed push ups

tony hipchest
08-27-2010, 11:04 AM
i love me some wolfley blog-

http://www.craigwolfley.com/blog/2010/08/james-harrison-and-the-one-armed-pushup--steelers-training-camp-blog---2010-

Filed Under: Steelers, Steelers Training Camp, Funny and Interesting Stuff
How strong is strong? Try this on for size.

Do several one-armed pushups. Then do it with shoulder pads and a helmet on. Then, while doing rapid fire one-armed pushups continuously, have a couple mischievious friends lift your feet about 3 feet into the air and keep on doing them as if you were doing two-armed pushups.

That's what i witnessed today while watching the Steelers practice on the southside. James Harrison, dressed in full battle regalia, dropped in the middle of the practice field and started doing one-armed pushups. Then after cranking out a half-dozen or so reps Larry Foote and Keyaron Fox snuck up from behind and grabbed the Silverback's ankles lifting his feet waist high. James never missed a beat and did another six or seven reps as easy as could be. :jawdrop:

As one of the Steelers assisstant coaches wryly observed, "He ain't all there." :chuckle:

Now that's strong.

Every time i see James Harrison, it seems he does the incredible. Whether it's crumpling 6'6" 350 lb OT's on the way to the QB, or intercepting a ball and hurdling a player at a full gallop, or returning it 100-yards like in the Super Bowl, James does more physically impressive things than any player i've ever seen, played with or against. And that includes close encounters of the 3rd kind with Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Howie Long and Randy White.

If there was a Lee Majors "Six-Million Dollar Man" in the NFL, it's the Silverback.

stb_steeler
08-27-2010, 02:11 PM
And some say he's washed up Tony! He's just gettin started....:thumbsup:

California-Steel
08-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Pffttt...I can do that with both hands behind my back..:coffee:

chacha
08-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Pffttt...I can do that with both hands behind my back..:coffee:

that's HOT

MasterOfPuppets
08-27-2010, 03:56 PM
i'd have love to have seen james and greg lloyd on the field at the same time ...:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
08-28-2010, 12:14 AM
harrison, lloyd, and lambert would be the meanest LB corp ever assembled.

infact i dont think anyone could assemble a meaner team, and i'll spot them butkus and LT.

SteelersinCA
08-28-2010, 12:16 AM
butkus LT and ray the knife would give them a run I think.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-28-2010, 12:19 AM
butkus LT and ray the knife would give them a run I think.

I think I might take Singletary over Ray.

MattsMe
08-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Freaking sweet.

tony hipchest
08-28-2010, 12:55 AM
this thread's got legs.

the bears definitely got the best shot in matching stleeler LB's "meanness".

as for the overall NFL vs. the steelers i cant argue too much with ray, LT and butkus.

singletary never struck me as mean. just bad ass (and i would take him over ray lewis too).

but if i were in a bar room brawl (no guns or knives) give me the 3 steelers and throw in joey porter for good 3-4 measure.

SteelersinCA
08-28-2010, 01:00 AM
I forgot about joey, but he's fun mean.

Downbylaw
08-28-2010, 04:07 AM
So Ray Lewis is a stabber even though no proof to that regard but we get mad at other teams fans for doing the same to Ben? Our fans are full of Double standards and its sickening. Lastly, there has been NO MLB better than Ray Lewis. Not Butkus or Singletary. Why? Ray Lewis was faster than both and had more range. He also was above average in the pass defense department, whereas Butkus and Singletary were not.

SteelersinCA
08-28-2010, 04:52 AM
Wow dude, you don't quit huh?

ricardisimo
08-28-2010, 05:15 AM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/suicide.gif

Goat27
08-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Silverback is a beast, but those type of pushups are common in my neck of the woods

SacknificentStew56
08-28-2010, 07:06 AM
His strength doesn't surprise me at all especially after he was able to body slam a Cleveland Stains fan in a city known for holding the fattest people title.

SteelCityMom
08-28-2010, 09:48 AM
So Ray Lewis is a stabber even though no proof to that regard but we get mad at other teams fans for doing the same to Ben? Our fans are full of Double standards and its sickening. Lastly, there has been NO MLB better than Ray Lewis. Not Butkus or Singletary. Why? Ray Lewis was faster than both and had more range. He also was above average in the pass defense department, whereas Butkus and Singletary were not.

Ray Lewis cut a deal to get a lesser sentence and pointed the finger at someone else. Ben was never even charged with anything. Big difference there.

MattsMe
08-28-2010, 11:24 AM
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/ACKong/OT%20Post/dont_feed_the_trolls.jpg

Moving on...

As far as bar fights go, I may have to go with Iron Mike. The original. Not the ear biter.

Loyal, tough as nails, and just a tad bit crazy.

pancake
08-28-2010, 11:37 AM
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/ACKong/OT%20Post/dont_feed_the_trolls.jpg

Moving on...

As far as bar fights go, I may have to go with Iron Mike. The original. Not the ear biter.

Loyal, tough as nails, and just a tad bit crazy.

Greg Lloyd is a black belt and mean as a snake. I would definitly want him on my side...

MattsMe
08-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Greg Lloyd is a black belt and mean as a snake. I would definitly want him on my side...

I forgot about his taekwondo. Good point. And I guess anyone who would stick a gun in his kid's mouth is a bad mofo.

On the other hand, Mike Webster used to shock himself with a taser just to go to sleep at night. Something tells me he could whip some ass.

I don't think I'd have a problem walking down a dark alley with either of them.

tony hipchest
08-28-2010, 12:33 PM
So Ray Lewis is a stabber even though no proof to that regard but we get mad at other teams fans for doing the same to Ben? Our fans are full of Double standards and its sickening. Lastly, there has been NO MLB better than Ray Lewis. Not Butkus or Singletary. Why? Ray Lewis was faster than both and had more range. He also was above average in the pass defense department, whereas Butkus and Singletary were not.ray lewis isnt mean. harrison, lambert, and lloyd would all kick his ass.

ben isnt mean either or a LB so take that crap to another thread. stay on track. :dang:

jjpro11
08-28-2010, 12:49 PM
you could throw Charles Haley into the mix.. although he was more messed up in the head than anything. at least Lambert, Harrison, and crew act like civilized humans off the field.

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Lambert definitely belongs in the running for "meanest". I remember some of his sacks, from back before they put all the new Brady-esque rules in place, and he used to straight up decapitate, clothesline, and body slam QBs. He didn't just get sacks, he got VIOLENT sacks.

SteelCityMom
08-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Personally...I'd choose this guy to take into a barroom fight with me.

SxxmpTf0QFI

ricardisimo
08-28-2010, 05:16 PM
:nono: I got you all beat. I'm taking this guy...
Jj1hBxyw2pw

Jack Lambert never once danced a mambo on top of any QB he sacked.

Downbylaw
08-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Ray Lewis cut a deal to get a lesser sentence and pointed the finger at someone else. Ben was never even charged with anything. Big difference there.

I agree and thats what I'm saying. But we cant be hypocritical and call Ray a Murderer because the facts say he didnt. Just like Bens case. THATS what I'm saying?

Downbylaw
08-29-2010, 08:49 AM
ray lewis isnt mean. harrison, lambert, and lloyd would all kick his ass.

ben isnt mean either or a LB so take that crap to another thread. stay on track. :dang:

Dude what are you talking about? My goodness lol