PDA

View Full Version : Goodell's Suspension may Backfire

Hayeksheroes
08-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Some may view Ben's suspension as a negative. It looks like it may provide positive results. Dixon's development is encouraging and he will provide trouble for opposing defenses. Even if Lefty is name the starter, Dixon will be a "neo" slash role for the whole season. (Dixon has much more upside than Kordell.)

Second, Ben will be well rested and not as battered. He'll come is fresh for a 10-12 game run to the playoffs.

Still, the steelers need to win half their games without Ben. Ben must be sharp when he returns.

IF those two things can hold true, the Steelers may enter the playoffs as the strongest team and the team to beat.

ETL
08-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Just curious. How old are you?

scsteeler
08-27-2010, 03:25 PM
The Positive I do see is that Dixon may get a chance to show he is a legitimate backup and some one who can succeed Ben when he is at the end of his career.

And if not this way you go out and get another your guy to groom as a the future QB.

whatdoiknow
08-27-2010, 03:45 PM
The Positive I do see is that Dixon may get a chance to show he is a legitimate backup and some one who can succeed Ben when he is at the end of his career.

And if not this way you go out and get another your guy to groom as a the future QB.

How is Dixon gonna succeed Ben ? Ben has another 8 years in him before he even comes CLOSE to slowing down, and anopther 3 years after that. Dixon won't stay here. If he shows anything, and I know he will, other teams will want him as their starter. Don't be surprised if Arizona goes after him after this season.

MasterOfPuppets
08-27-2010, 03:51 PM
backfire ? on who ? do you have a conspiracy theory that godell suspended ben just to spite the steelers?

SteelCityMom
08-27-2010, 03:55 PM
And the Lord said, "I shall smite all the Steelers and those who follow. No remnant shall remain on this land, yea verily"

quoted from the NFL Conduct Policy, paragraph 7, line 64.

stb_steeler
08-27-2010, 03:56 PM
backfire ? on who ? do you have a conspiracy theory that godell suspended ben just to spite the steelers?

I think he means, by suspending ben its not gonna hurt the team, maybe?

chacha
08-27-2010, 03:58 PM
And the Lord said, "I shall smite all the Steelers and those who follow. No remnant shall remain on this land, yea verily"

:sofunny: here's to you SCMom for taking the time to look that up! :drink:

MasterOfPuppets
08-27-2010, 04:01 PM
I think he means, by suspending ben its not gonna hurt the team, maybe?

then why not say that ? he makes it sound like godell is trying to sabotage the steelers season.

stb_steeler
08-27-2010, 04:06 PM
then why not say that ? he makes it sound like godell is trying to sabotage the steelers season.

Goodell might be, he prolly dont want to see the Steelers in another SB again......kidding!!! You know give some else a chance rule. :rofl:

PhantomJB93
08-27-2010, 04:19 PM

Having Dixon in our long term plans would be stupid...he'd be in the decline of his career by the time he took over for Ben.

Whoever our true "replacement" is for Ben, won't be drafted for AT LEAST another 8 years or so...he's an 8th grader or younger right now. Scary, but true.

pancake
08-27-2010, 04:31 PM
How is Dixon gonna succeed Ben ? Ben has another 8 years in him before he even comes CLOSE to slowing down, and anopther 3 years after that. Dixon won't stay here. If he shows anything, and I know he will, other teams will want him as their starter. Don't be surprised if Arizona goes after him after this season.

I think this is the best case scenario! Dixon plays well, and some team over pays us for him. I really don't see this happening with the big time class of QB coming out next year, but a man can dream...

Fire Arians
08-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Goodell might be, he prolly dont want to see the Steelers in another SB again......kidding!!! You know give some else a chance rule. :rofl:

goodell SHOULD want to see us in another super bowl. the steelers have one of the biggest fan bases in the nation, a steelers SB is good for business, and goodell is all about the money

stb_steeler
08-27-2010, 05:06 PM
goodell SHOULD want to see us in another super bowl. the steelers have one of the biggest fan bases in the nation, a steelers SB is good for business, and goodell is all about the money

I agree with ya on that but, it doesnt help the losing cities any. Ask the Saints till they won. (Im all for the Steelers winning every chance we get).

Downbylaw
08-27-2010, 09:53 PM
I think the suspension will be good for Ben. He needs to be stood up to. Now he knows he has to be held accountable. I remember Tone got suspended for 1 game and we lost and the whole Steeler Nation was saying he let his teammates down. Its ironic that that isnt the sentiment in regard to Ben. Ben has indeed let his teammates down but all Steeler fans can do is blame Goodell for that and not Ben. Interesting

scsteeler
08-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Having Dixon in our long term plans would be stupid...he'd be in the decline of his career by the time he took over for Ben.

Whoever our true "replacement" is for Ben, won't be drafted for AT LEAST another 8 years or so...he's an 8th grader or younger right now. Scary, but true.

(Stupidity would be not having someone ready to step in if Ben goes down for the season.)

Not so True anything could happen. Provided Ben Stays healthy Dixon say could be a potential Starter within the next 3 years, you never know what will happen and you assume Ben is going to Stay 100% Healthy the next 10 years.

How can you be on the Decline if you are not starting and getting banged up. Even at 32 a QB can have a career until his early 40's.

I understand your point but lets just see how this thing plays out over the next few years. If Dixon is a True legitimate Starter he won't be here long unless like I say Ben gets hurt. Hopefully that won't happen but you have to be prepared.

whatdoiknow
08-27-2010, 11:41 PM
I think the suspension will be good for Ben. He needs to be stood up to. Now he knows he has to be held accountable. I remember Tone got suspended for 1 game and we lost and the whole Steeler Nation was saying he let his teammates down. Its ironic that that isnt the sentiment in regard to Ben. Ben has indeed let his teammates down but all Steeler fans can do is blame Goodell for that and not Ben. Interesting

Difference, Santonio got 1 game from the steelers, and not the league, and that was for a COMFIRMED Second Offense in failing a drug test, which Santonio aditted to.
In other words, Holmes actually committed what we like to call...A CRIME!! Ah, exactly what CRIME did Ben do ?

It's really too easy making this guy look like an Idiot! :blah::blah::blah:

Downbylaw
08-28-2010, 02:59 AM
Difference, Santonio got 1 game from the steelers, and not the league, and that was for a COMFIRMED Second Offense in failing a drug test, which Santonio aditted to.
In other words, Holmes actually committed what we like to call...A CRIME!! Ah, exactly what CRIME did Ben do ?

It's really too easy making this guy look like an Idiot! :blah::blah::blah:

Well the TOP advocate for Ben being suspended was Mr. Rooney. Had Goodell not done it, he would have. Such a blind homer. What does it Matter WHO did the suspending? It doesnt. Ben let us down in 06 after Cowher told him not to ride it without a helmet. He even rode it AGAIN after the accident without a helmet. What crime did Ben do? He violated the conduct Policy of the league and he LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN, AGAIN. Are you saying his conduct didnt let the team down? I GUARANTEE you poll the STeeler players and it will be in the 90 percentile. Get ready to spin it spiderman.

ricardisimo
08-28-2010, 03:07 AM
(Stupidity would be not having someone ready to step in if Ben goes down for the season.)

Not so True anything could happen. Provided Ben Stays healthy Dixon say could be a potential Starter within the next 3 years, you never know what will happen and you assume Ben is going to Stay 100% Healthy the next 10 years.

How can you be on the Decline if you are not starting and getting banged up. Even at 32 a QB can have a career until his early 40's.

I understand your point but lets just see how this thing plays out over the next few years. If Dixon is a True legitimate Starter he won't be here long unless like I say Ben gets hurt. Hopefully that won't happen but you have to be prepared.

Aaron Rodgers held a clipboard for how long? He looks pretty good to me.

Downbylaw
08-28-2010, 03:24 AM
According to some people here, Aaron Rodgers is a choker. Not me of course.

rick723
08-28-2010, 11:34 PM

Hey something is there. Last time the Lord told someone to go smite everyone in Amalock, Saul let a few live. and Isaac and Ishmael been fighting ever since

Downbylaw
08-29-2010, 07:11 AM
Hey something is there. Last time the Lord told someone to go smite everyone in Amalock, Saul let a few live. and Isaac and Ishmael been fighting ever since

Arent Issac and Ishmael in the Old Testament and Saul/Paul in the New?????????