PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall

pete74
08-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Just heard on kdka he broke his arn

SteelCityMom
08-27-2010, 05:43 PM
BleacherReport is saying it's true...http://bleacherreport.com/articles/444731-breaking-news-rashard-mendenhall-breaks-arm

RotoWorld is saying he doesn't...http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4652&line=179494&spln=1

Jason La Canfora's tweets say he doesn't...http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player.php?tqid=7167&type=news&nid=77761

KDKA says he's undergoing tests on his arm, but that there's no confirmation of a broken arm...http://kdka.com/steelers/Rashard.Mendenhall.arm.2.1883337.html

stb_steeler
08-27-2010, 05:47 PM
You freaking kiddin me......what next! :banging:

pete74
08-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Good thing we have redmen

Fire Arians
08-27-2010, 05:55 PM
it's not true. it was a false rumor started up by that crackhead mark madden

Steel_Bus_24
08-27-2010, 05:57 PM
the kdka site says they are doing tests and there hasn't been a confirmation either way

stb_steeler
08-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Good thing we have redmen

I believe he's a diamond in the rough, but i dont want to see mendy down.

Aussie_steeler
08-27-2010, 06:12 PM
I would like to know what has caused the smoke to surface? ( where there is smoke theres some fire)

Tests of some sort for some reason. The team didnt work in pads today so people arent sure what is going on.

Lets see if he plays in the next preseason game

pete74
08-27-2010, 06:23 PM
The rumor of Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall breaking his arm today during practice today is just that, a rumor. Free safety Ryan Clark and others have put to rest that rumor as the Steelers did not even work in pads today in preparation for the Sunday night game in Denver. KDKA has also confirmed now that Mendenhall is indeed fine as has ESPN 1250 reporter Ken Laird. The rumor was reportedly fueled by radio talk show host Mark Madden

pete74
08-27-2010, 06:25 PM
thank god its not true. i was eating in the chineese buffett in hampton and heard the news he broke his arm on the tv and almost spit my food up. thank god its not true

Steel_Bus_24
08-27-2010, 06:30 PM
yeah, this really would have put me in a bad mood

Teams are getting hit hard with injuries this year, Heres hoping we can get through the rest without anymore and come out firing against Atl

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-27-2010, 06:36 PM
That would have been BAD, really bad.....

Fire Arians
08-27-2010, 06:50 PM
That would have been BAD, really bad.....

no doubt. we don't have anyone really battle-tested behind mendenhall. there's moore but he's not the kind of rb who can carry the rock 20+ times a game imo

redman looks promising but i won't be sold on him until i see him have success against a first-team squad

SteelCityMom
08-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Glad he's not hurt!

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-27-2010, 06:54 PM
no doubt. we don't have anyone really battle-tested behind mendenhall. there's moore but he's not the kind of rb who can carry the rock 20+ times a game imo

redman looks promising but i won't be sold on him until i see him have success against a first-team squad

Agreed. We would end up having to pull Willie Parker back or something. There aren't any descent free agent RBs out there right now.

whatdoiknow
08-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Hope it is not true However, you don't have to practice in Pads, or even hard to break your arm. Hell I have a friend who broke her arm JUST be scratching her A$$!...True story. Broke it in 6 different placing, and was in a cast for 20 Months Just by scratching her Butt! Of course she DID have very short arms, and she was only 4ft, 11, and weighed 473 Lbs :-).( Gee,,,I wonder if that had anything to do with it )

Fire Arians
08-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Hope it is not true However, you don't have to practice in Pads, or even hard to break your arm. Hell I have a friend who broke her arm JUST be scratching her A$$!...True story. Broke it in 6 different placing, and was in a cast for 20 Months Just by scratching her Butt! Of course she DID have very short arms, and she was only 4ft, 11, and weighed 473 Lbs :-).( Gee,,,I wonder if that had anything to do with it )

too bad she broke her arm, she would prolly be a better RT than flozell

TackleMeBen
08-27-2010, 09:20 PM
thank god its not true. i was eating in the chineese buffett in hampton and heard the news he broke his arm on the tv and almost spit my food up. thank god its not true
man, chinese food isnt good coming back up. lol:chuckle:

LVSteelersfan
08-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Madden is a total jack A $ $ who has no credibility whatsoever. Why does he have such a problem with the Steelers? He is just a fat jerk who spreads falsehoods every time he turns around. Why anyone would pay him to spout this trash is beyond me. But, come to think of it, anyone working for the press is a jack A $ $ .

Fire Arians
08-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Madden is a total jack A $ $ who has no credibility whatsoever. Why does he have such a problem with the Steelers? He is just a fat jerk who spreads falsehoods every time he turns around. Why anyone would pay him to spout this trash is beyond me. But, come to think of it, anyone working for the press is a jack A $ $ .

Rofl, i remember one article he wrote saying the steelers season was over because tommy maddox got injured and "Ben Roethlisjaskjdhauehkbufhfd" was gonna be starting. how wrong he was :chuckle:

anyway that jackass is probably a browns fan

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-28-2010, 12:11 AM

I have been wondering the same thing about D0uche Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Pat Robertson for years.....as long as you have a message to deliver, no matter how stupid, there will always be some zombies somewhere willing to listen and keep you on the air.

pete74
08-28-2010, 05:55 AM
i freaking hate Mark Madden. my wife listens to the bumb everyday on her way home from work and i always ask her how she can listen to such a moron. they need to can him

steelrush
08-28-2010, 09:24 AM
"Aug 27, 2010 6:25 pm US/Eastern
Agent: Rashard Mendenhall's Arm Not BrokenPITTSBURGH (KDKA)

Jory Rand reports that Rashard Mendenhall's agent says that the story that he broke his arm is just a rumor.

The Steelers' public relations department says they have spoken to Mendenhall and he is fine and will play Sunday in Denver.

But KDKA-TV Sports also learned that Mendenhall underwent some tests on his arm.

Those tests are likely the source of this story getting started in the first place, but Mendenhall practiced with the Steelers.

He was seen getting ready to leave their facility on the South Side with no apparent sign of injury and whatever those tests were, it appears they turned out okay because it seems Mendenhall is fine and set to play against the Broncos"
http://kdka.com/steelers/Rashard.Mendenhall.arm.2.1883337.html