PDA

View Full Version : Pennington refuses to take pay cut

RoethlisBURGHer
02-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Noodle-arm refused to take a pay cut,which means he will probally be released by the Jets.

Teams that could possibly take a look at him: Miami,Baltimore,Oakland,Minnesota (if they trade Cullpepper),Buffalo,and any other team realing for a QB.

I think Miami and Buffalo could really take a hard look at him.They have both seen him up close,and I think he can get it done in this league.And I bet he and one of the other East teams would love to take Pennington and kick the crap outta the Jets twice a year with him.

BlackNGold203
02-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Good QB...but fragile....

If someone could get him on the cheap..I'm sure there will be many bidders

Atlanta Dan
02-21-2006, 07:20 PM
It appears Pennington's shoulder is shot; if you sign him any contract should be loaded with incentives with minimal guaranteed $.

I have this image of Pennington sitting in the lobby at someone's team complex waiting for the team to complete its interview with Brees and asking Chad in only if something can't be worked out with Brees.

Add Culpepper to the mix and there are a lot of injured QBs in the market.

CantStop85
02-21-2006, 07:48 PM
It appears Pennington's shoulder is shot; if you sign him any contract should be loaded with incentives with minimal guaranteed $.

I have this image of Pennington sitting in the lobby at someone's team complex waiting for the team to complete its interview with Brees and asking Chad in only if something can't be worked out with Brees.

Add Culpepper to the mix and there are a lot of injured QBs in the market.
The guy's damaged goods...he never had a lot of arm strength to begin with and now his rotator cuff is screwed up. I don't see how he'll ever be a good starter again...his fate is that of Tim Couch...even if he fully recovers from this injury, he's just gonna get injured again in two weeks.

Suitanim
02-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Tim Couch is a better bet than Pennington.

This is BAD news for Tommy Maddox...he was hoping to have the market cornerned on ex-NFL QB's who had moderate success until their arms fell off but still might be able to fool a team into picking him up to hand the ball off and carry a clipboard for the ridiculous sum of 3 million a year.

Ambridge
02-22-2006, 04:34 AM
Pennington is history with the Jets.

I can still hear some of the grumblings that the Steelers could have taken Pennington in the 2000 draft instead of Dropsico.

Not taking Pennington was a disaster well avoided.

tony hipchest
02-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Not taking Pennington was a disaster well avoided. add rex grossman to that list.

2 qb's who all the talking heads though were a necessity for the steelers. we missed on brian urlacher and then larry johnson but at least in the latter case we landed t. polamalu. and like you said we definitely averted disaster in both cases and paved the way to draft big ben. (remember when everyone said we needed either d. hall/ d. robinson (got picked to early for us) or s. jackson/k. jones (good thing we didnt give up on jerome too soon) the year ben was picked? steelers front office and scouting dept. is definitely smarter than the "experts"

clevestinks
02-22-2006, 07:31 PM
This opens the door for Drew Brees to NY

boLT fan
02-22-2006, 09:21 PM
This opens the door for Drew Brees to NY

I don't think they'd want to go straight from noodle arm to signing someone already with an arm injry.

Ambridge
02-23-2006, 09:59 AM
I don't think they'd want to go straight from noodle arm to signing someone already with an arm injry.

Brees's injury has a much better prognosis than Pennington's and Brees doesn't have the history of being a china doll.

Hell!! Drew should go and kick Marty in the teeth for even having him in that game against the Broncos in the first place.

Brees going to New York isn't a total impossibility.
The Jets hired Brian Schottenheimer as their new OC who used to be the QB coach in San Diego.