PDA

View Full Version : New Mods & Input discussion Thread

SteelCityMom
08-28-2010, 01:21 AM
Hey all...there are two new mods here, myself and Tony Hipchest.

Feel free to let us know about any problems you have (within reason) and we'll do our best to take care of it quickly.

I think I can speak for both of us when I say that we enjoy a relaxed and friendly environment, but won't put up with spammers and incessant trolls. Feel free to bring to our attention though anything that you find extremely out of line, as we may not see every single thing that is posted.

If you have any input, suggestions or concerns, feel free to post them here for discussion or PM either one of us.

Please keep the COC guidlines in mind when posting, we're not ultra uptight or restrictive, but things will not be allowed to get out of hand either.

Thanks and hope we can all have some fun! :drink:

MasterOfPuppets
08-28-2010, 01:36 AM
is this what they mean by "New World Order" ? :chuckle:

tony hipchest
08-28-2010, 02:02 AM
my modship is tenative at best until i ATLEAST speak with pete74. my offer to help was with him in mind, and i told the board admin i will wait for his input and recommendation before anything is "official".

until then i got the blue tags.

SCM and i half heartedly joked around about tossing our hats in the ring a while back when this board was in disarray, and it really wasnt that bad of an idea then, so it cant be too horrible now.

i think she will be an incredibly fair and balance mod.

as for me, i like to talk shit.

i kinda take pleasure in being a dick.

but i really like talking steelers, and believe fairness and balance makes for the best atmosphere, so i expect myself (and even others) to try to lead by example.

ricardisimo
08-28-2010, 02:15 AM
...i think she will be an incredibly fair and balanced mod.

as for me, ...

... i really like talking steelers, and believe fairness and balance makes for the best atmosphere, so i expect myself (and even others) to try to lead by example.

:scratchchin:
Fair and balanced... fair and balanced... where have I heard that phrase before? Where...? Oh, no... :jawdrop:

Shit. Make a run for it guys!

MasterOfPuppets
08-28-2010, 02:19 AM
lol....yep...i've been banned before under the guise of fair and balanced.

SteelCityMom
08-28-2010, 02:21 AM
You guys are jackholes. :sofunny:

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

MasterOfPuppets
08-28-2010, 02:24 AM
:toofunny: ...isn't it past your bedtime ?

SteelCityMom
08-28-2010, 02:26 AM
:toofunny: ...isn't it past your bedtime ?

Justice never sleeps. :chuckle:

And yes it is...I'm getting there lol.

ricardisimo
08-28-2010, 03:04 AM
You guys are jackholes. :sofunny:

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

You're just figuring that out now?

May I have some more gruel, please?

tony hipchest
08-28-2010, 12:17 PM
fair....:hypno:

.....and balanced....:hypno:...:hypno:

pete74
08-28-2010, 12:27 PM
can you and tony both edit in all sections? i asked somewere else but i just drove 6 hours to phili so things are hectic for me today

SteelCityMom
08-28-2010, 12:31 PM
can you and tony both edit in all sections? i asked somewere else but i just drove 6 hours to phili so things are hectic for me today

I know I can, and I'm pretty sure Tony can as well. I've been putzing around a lot last night and today getting the feel for the mod control panel, and so far so good.

pete74
08-28-2010, 12:36 PM
you'll learn as you go. if you place a thread or post into moderation it will dissapear to all members but be visable to only us. the infraction system will ban members after a certain amount of posts, i use that for spammers. regular members get a warning unless they do something very wrong. you'll notice we get at least 1 spammer everyday

SteelCityMom
08-28-2010, 12:39 PM
you'll learn as you go. if you place a thread or post into moderation it will dissapear to all members but be visable to only us. the infraction system will ban members after a certain amount of posts, i use that for spammers. regular members get a warning unless they do something very wrong. you'll notice we get at least 1 spammer everyday

Yeah...I perma banned two members today for spamming. One that was hiding the spam in their posts and one that had a spam link in their sig.

Do you think Matthew would get upset if I unbanned a couple of people myself? The one I had in mind specifically right now was permanently banned by CantStop85 and no reason was given, but he's a really cool guy. Posts over at SU only at the moment, but I'd really like to have him back over here.

pete74
08-28-2010, 03:28 PM
i personally would like everyone to be unbanned that was banned during the whole thing that went down. i just dont know who all was banned but im sure he will not care

ricardisimo
08-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah...I perma banned two members today for spamming. One that was hiding the spam in their posts and one that had a spam link in their sig.

As long as you don't mind sharing a nickname with former GOP whip Tom Delay, do you think we could call you "The Hammer"?

SteelCityMom
08-28-2010, 05:10 PM
As long as you don't mind sharing a nickname with former GOP whip Tom Delay, do you think we could call you "The Hammer"?

As long as you don't call me "The Hypocrite"...apparently that's a bannable offense nowadays. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
08-28-2010, 06:55 PM
I know I can, and I'm pretty sure Tony can as well. I've been putzing around a lot last night and today getting the feel for the mod control panel, and so far so good.all good on my end. :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
08-28-2010, 07:03 PM
i personally would like everyone to be unbanned that was banned during the whole thing that went down. i just dont know who all was banned but im sure he will not care

while there certainly was a lot of people banned for petty shit, a lot of them earned their trip out the door. stupid fly is a good example.

Stinky Fred
08-28-2010, 07:06 PM
as for me, i like to talk shit.

You got nuthin. :jerkit:

:couch:

tony hipchest
08-28-2010, 07:13 PM
You got nuthin. :jerkit:

:

HA! :chuckle:

youre right. i used to have something... the threat of a ban constantly hanging over my head like a guillotine!

Shea
08-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Do you think Matthew would get upset if I unbanned a couple of people myself?

Emotions ran high, and a lot of people said and posted things they normally wouldn't have. Unbanning them all is a great idea.

I'd start with that Preacher guy. I'm going out on a limb, but I'm pretty sure he got the boot. :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
08-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Emotions ran high, and a lot of people said and posted things they normally wouldn't have. Unbanning them all is a great idea.

I'd start with that Preacher guy. I'm going out on a limb, but I'm pretty sure he got the boot. :chuckle:

Yes, good idea...I forgot all about him!

Shea
08-29-2010, 12:33 AM
We should make a game of it. Who do you think got banned??

That way nobody will slip thru the cracks! :chuckle:

It's time to unban them all .....

tony hipchest
08-29-2010, 01:53 AM
Unbanning them all is a great idea.I'd start with that Preacher guy. I'm going out on a limb, but I'm pretty sure he got the boot. :chuckle:

not necessarilly. most who got banned did so on their own accord. others who got banned and werent trying to commit board suicide by mod, have already made an appeal and have been reinstated.

preacher has been back and told he was allowed to post almost 2 months ago. he said his piece and is now where he feels most comfortable.

We should make a game of it. Who do you think got banned??

That way nobody will slip thru the cracks! :chuckle:

It's time to unban them all .....if you know where to look, you can easilly see the majority of those who got banned.

hardly anybody has "slipped through the cracks".

pete has done a damn good job giving back the membership to those who want it.

plus the majority of the membership who no longer posts here are still members and many are active who check in on a daily basis.

as a message board we provide a product and a service.

doing what we can do to ensure this place is as informative and entertaining as possible, is all it will take to address those you speak of.

ricardisimo
08-29-2010, 03:14 AM
Bravo.

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2010, 04:57 AM
i think this being on the top of the forum may stunt thr re growth of the board. people may see that and keep on goin instead of registering.

Buy Membership Steelers Fever Forums to get access to our forum. Click Here to select package that suites for you.

ricardisimo
08-29-2010, 05:26 AM
i think this being on the top of the forum may stunt thr re growth of the board. people may see that and keep on goin instead of registering.

Buy Membership [in? at?] Steelers Fever Forums to get access to our forum. Click Here to select package that suites for you.

Not to mention the spelling and compositional errors.

SteelCityMom
08-29-2010, 09:48 AM

Buy Membership Steelers Fever Forums to get access to our forum. Click Here to select package that suites for you.

Yeah, that and I'd like to know what needs to happen to get the homepage updated. And get some people writing editorials again. All things I'm going to be PM'ing Matthew about.

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Yeah, that and I'd like to know what needs to happen to get the homepage updated. And get some people writing editorials again. All things I'm going to be PM'ing Matthew about.

i have a few articles i wrote that i can donate... i was gonna send em to penthouse forum, but you guys can have em ....:thumbsup:

SteelCityMom
08-29-2010, 01:10 PM
i have a few articles i wrote that i can donate... i was gonna send em to penthouse forum, but you guys can have em ....:thumbsup:

Football editorials MOP....football!

Though you may feel free to PM me any said Penthouse articles you have written for my own future enjoyment. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Football editorials MOP....football!

Though you may feel free to PM me any said Penthouse articles you have written for my own future enjoyment. :chuckle:
it is football related... there's cheerleaders and a towel boy in it ....:noidea:

SteelersinCA
08-29-2010, 03:09 PM
and knowing MOPs chics, football in all the wrong holes.

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2010, 06:59 PM
and knowing MOPs chics, football in all the wrong holes.

hey if it fits...it's the right hole :thumbsup:

MACH1
09-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey all...there are two new mods here, myself and Tony Hipchest.
:

Uh oh....We're in trouble now. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-06-2010, 08:05 PM
hater.

MasterOfPuppets
09-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Uh oh....We're in trouble now. :chuckle:

hey mach...your just in time. we're getting ready to "gang tackle"someone ... :sofunny:

ricardisimo
09-08-2010, 07:16 PM
hey mach...your just in time. we're getting ready to "gang tackle"someone ... :sofunny:

Ummm... Wasn't it specifically Mach we were supposed to be gang tackling?

MasterOfPuppets
09-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Ummm... Wasn't it specifically Mach we were supposed to be gang tackling?

i dunno...tex never told us ...:noidea:

tony hipchest
09-08-2010, 08:56 PM
i almost asked him, but that would be paying what he was saying too much mind.

its a fun mystery to try and solve... :scratchchin:

MasterOfPuppets
09-08-2010, 09:36 PM
i almost asked him, but that would be paying what he was saying too much mind.

its a fun mystery to try and solve... :scratchchin:

here we are in hot pursuit....

http://theplanetd.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Wolves_20051009_059.jpg

feasting on suits carcass ....:sofunny:

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/6165750-md.jpg

JPPT1974
09-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Congrats on your new jobs. As I sure couldn't do what you all do. Sure you all will do well!

MasterOfPuppets
09-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Congrats on your new jobs. As I sure couldn't do what you all do. Sure you all will do well!
its nothin but blood , sweat , and tears ...:coffee:

ricardisimo
09-24-2010, 04:16 AM

Any movement on this? It is a tad annoying to stare at, if I may be blunt.

Shea
09-26-2010, 10:16 PM
It helps that you don't see it unless you are logged in, which will help keep from people signing up.

It still needs to come down, but it looks like traffic is picking up again around here. I know it's a gameday but I think the site is getting back to where it once was.

SteelCityMom
09-26-2010, 11:29 PM
It helps that you don't see it unless you are logged in, which will help keep from people signing up.

It still needs to come down, but it looks like traffic is picking up again around here. I know it's a gameday but I think the site is getting back to where it once was.

Yeah, it definitely is picking up around here. Lot's of old regulars coming back and some really cool new members...definitely happy with where this is going.

Ric...I'm working on the other stuff, I wish I could do it myself but I can't.

ricardisimo
09-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Yeah, it definitely is picking up around here. Lot's of old regulars coming back and some really cool new members...definitely happy with where this is going.

Ric...I'm working on the other stuff, I wish I could do it myself but I can't.
I'm not important enough for you... I see how it is.:crying03:

SteelCityMom
10-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Any movement on this? It is a tad annoying to stare at, if I may be blunt.

Is anyone still seeing this? I know I don't see it anymore, I didn't know if it had been taken down or if I'm just not seeing it b/c of my mod status.

MasterOfPuppets
10-05-2010, 05:11 PM
still there

SteelCityMom
10-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Ok...just wanted to make sure. I sent out an e-mail today with some suggestions and wasn't sure if it was taken care of yet or not. I'm trying to work out a way for my fiance (who has a degree in computer networking) to try and update and clean up some stuff on here.

Thanks.

MasterOfPuppets
10-05-2010, 07:42 PM
matt already has a guy working on that...

http://www.thinkervine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/monkey.jpg

SteelCityMom
10-05-2010, 09:51 PM
LOL...well now he has an opportunity to have another one (with not quite as much hair on his back) for free.

So far I've brought up the updates to the homepage, the message for pay options that has been discussed, chat features, a poker room for members and a banner for the toolbar.

If anyone has other suggestions they'd like to bring up, feel free!

ricardisimo
10-06-2010, 05:27 PM
That message is still there on the forum home page:
Buy Membership Steelers Fever Forums to get access to our forum. Click Here (http://forums.steelersfever.com/payments.php) to select package that suites for you.

SteelCityMom
10-06-2010, 05:30 PM
That message is still there on the forum home page:

I know...I got an email back from him earlier today and it's going to be taken care of. I also got the controls to update the home page, so I'll be working on that tonight or tomorrow. The other stuff may take a little bit longer (hopefully not that long though).

ricardisimo
10-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Can you add more pictures of Salma Hayek to the board? I have yet to see even one. What kind of a forum is this?

SteelCityMom
10-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Can you add more pictures of Salma Hayek to the board? I have yet to see even one. What kind of a forum is this?

Here you go Ric...just for you. :flap:

http://goremasternews.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/salma-hayek-as-the-bearded-lady.jpg?w=500&h=772

I like her earrings.

Shea
10-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Now I understand Ric's fascination with her.

I always wondered about him, but now no more ....

floodcitygirl
10-07-2010, 11:18 AM
I know...I got an email back from him earlier today and it's going to be taken care of. I also got the controls to update the home page, so I'll be working on that tonight or tomorrow. The other stuff may take a little bit longer (hopefully not that long though).Thanks for your efforts!

SteelCityMom
10-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for your efforts!

Thanks! Though I have to say, much more effort is going to be put in by my fiance. We've gotten the site codes (so he can start adding programs and updating things like the message to buy membership and what not), and it's like reading Russian to me lol. Hopefully everything goes smoothly though!

ricardisimo
10-23-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm still having difficulty selecting the package that suites for me. :wink02:

Stlrs4Life
11-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Tony will make a good Moderator.

ricardisimo
01-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Still no way to get rid of the "Buy Membership" banner?

I'm not willing to do it myself, so I should shut the **** up, but it's time for the site to go under the knife and change its look. I'll once again make the push for more pictures of Salma Hayek whenever possible.

Wallace108
01-08-2011, 02:22 AM

I'm not willing to do it myself, so I should shut the **** up, but it's time for the site to go under the knife and change its look. I'll once again make the push for more pictures of Salma Hayek whenever possible.

I was just browsing through this thread earlier today (it's been a while since I've seen it). And I stumbled across the Salma Hayek posts. And now you mention Salma Hayek again out of nowhere. That's freaky. I fully expect birds to start falling out of the sky or something. :wink02:

SteelCityMom
01-08-2011, 11:42 AM

I'm hoping to get it taken care of soon. Yes, I forgot a little bit...but Jon hasn't had much time anyhow. Between a full time and part time job, dealing with his band and shows, and the holidays, he just hasn't had a lot of extra time. Everything is calming down a little bit, so hopefully I can have him at least take care of that soon. All the other extra stuff will probably have to wait. My ideas just had bad timing.

MasterOfPuppets
02-27-2011, 01:43 PM
the date needs changed for the "war room" , forum.

i see several draft thread discussions starting in the steelers forum , is this now
acceptable since there isn't much other news ?

tony hipchest
02-27-2011, 08:39 PM
thanks for the heads up. several sticky threads also needed to be dealt with. unfortunately, i cant see where us mods have the power to change forum titles or move them around. (nfl draft and war room should be right next to eachoither).

acceptable? we'll see where it goes. i think some leniency is in order at the mods discretion.

for example a topic saying "steelers look to trading up for julio jones as ward's replacement" = ok.

a topic saying "we should draft julio jones because he dated my sister and i think he is a cool guy" = bad

MasterOfPuppets
02-28-2011, 11:52 AM
this place is definitely over "stickied" :chuckle:

i think the draft forums are appropriately placed... war room = steeler draft talk ....NFL draft = general nfl draft talk...:noidea:

but i can see the steelers section getting flooded with draft talk , by the usual suspects that are scared to death that their thread may be overlooked if they start it else where..

SteelCityMom
02-28-2011, 11:57 AM
this place is definitely over "stickied" :chuckle:

i think the draft forums are appropriately placed... war room = steeler draft talk ....NFL draft = general nfl draft talk...:noidea:

I'm trying to figure out how to change the title on my own...but I'm computarded. I've been trying to find a good day to have Jon help me update a bunch of stuff (still), but one or both of us have been pretty busy either at the same time or alternating times, so it just hasn't worked out yet. I'm lucky to get a 15 minute conversation with him most days lol. Every time I think we're going to have a few hours or so to spend on it, something or other comes up...so that's why I haven't said anything about it lately. Hopefully soon though.

I think some general articles about the draft are ok in the Steelers section (i.e. and article about why the Steelers prefer to use the draft over free agency to find players would stay in the main section whereas an article about looking at CB's early would be moved), partly because there isn't much other news and partly because they're not mock drafts and such....but everything else should go in the War Room or NFL draft section. I'll check to see if anything needs moved...I've been slacking the past week or so lol.

ricardisimo
09-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Just wondering about some of the afore-mentioned issues. It's not like you guys have jobs or lives (I know I don't), so what's the hold up?
Yours truly,
Ricardisimo :hatsoff:

Bayz101
01-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Just wondering about some of the afore-mentioned issues. It's not like you guys have jobs or lives (I know I don't), so what's the hold up?
Yours truly,
Ricardisimo :hatsoff:

I approve of this message.

MisterSteeler
05-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey NFL fans! Diehard Steelers fan and Pittsburgh native here! I have written a book about famous NFL fans and it is now available online! Many are famous and include fans from our Pittsburgh Steelers! The book is titled "Pro Football's Most Passionate Fans" and you can purchase the book on one of three web sites:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pro-footballs-most-passionate-fans-harvey-mr-steeler-aronson/1110279311?ean=9781468574791

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Footballs-Most-Passionate-Fans/dp/1468574795/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335715102&sr=8-1

http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000546194/Pro-Footballs-Most-Passionate-Fans.aspx

ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT "CURING KIDS CANCER" A PEDIATRIC CANCER RESEARCH ORGANIZATION!

Buy your book today!

Harvey "Mr. Steeler" Aronson - Author:tt04:

Vis
07-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Should I think it's funny that the thread about mods has 3 month old spam as it's last post?

Bayz101
07-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Should I think it's funny that the thread about mods has 3 month old spam as it's last post?

Well, actually, Mr. Steeler mistakenly posted that there, and we moved it to it's own thread. Must have forgot to remove it :sofunny:

Lady Steel
07-31-2012, 12:02 AM
I'll once again make the push for more pictures of Salma Hayek whenever possible.

Could you please include some of Christian Bale, too? Thanks!

Bayz101
07-31-2012, 02:37 AM
Could you please include some of Christian Bale, too? Thanks!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-B6B2twjZUug/TWhB_LwnT1I/AAAAAAAAFBs/XZQgYwtpQ7E/s1600/christian-bale-the-fighter-01.jpg

:sofunny:

ricardisimo
07-31-2012, 03:04 AM
And here comes Salma, like a balm, to wipe that nasty picture out of your mind...
http://www.salmahayeknude.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/2.jpg

Lady Steel
08-26-2012, 05:16 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-B6B2twjZUug/TWhB_LwnT1I/AAAAAAAAFBs/XZQgYwtpQ7E/s1600/christian-bale-the-fighter-01.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of -

http://gothamtrending.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/christian-bale-is-bruce-wayne-batman-in-the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

Ricardismo, Salma does absolutely nothing for me. :chuckle:

Vis
08-26-2012, 06:46 PM
http://www.jillstanek.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/christian-bale-empire-of-the-sun-pro-life-abortion.jpgCould you please include some of Christian Bale, too? Thanks!

He's just a kid

BlacknGold76
09-04-2012, 06:26 PM
And here comes Salma, like a balm, to wipe that nasty picture out of your mind...
http://www.salmahayeknude.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/2.jpg

Frankly Selma needs to trim her nose hairs....:toofunny:

Bayz101
09-04-2012, 06:28 PM