PDA

View Full Version : Steelers have been scouting Bears player...

tony hipchest
08-28-2010, 11:27 PM
...for last 3 games according to Bears beat writer-

BradBiggs Scouts from 13 NFL teams will be at game 2nite. 6 teams have had a scout at 3 #Bears games so far: BAL, BUF, DAL, DET, GB, PIT.
about 5 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/Steelers_Fever

interesting. we dont play them and teams simply dont have enough scouts to watch every team in preseason, let alone every game.

we are either interested in someone who may be on their bubble, or we are considering a trade (perhaps they want randel el or another one of our wr's). :noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
08-28-2010, 11:35 PM
my guess is maybe they snatched some late rd picks the steelers were eying as potential PS / developmental players. that are likely to get cut. i believe all those teams are now using the 3-4 except detroit.

whatdoiknow
08-28-2010, 11:54 PM
I hope it's a O-Linemen, and we cut Fat Boy Flozell. Cause he's been a Disgrace.

browner3
08-29-2010, 12:08 AM
It could be Jarron Gilbert. Word is he might not make the Bears roster. He's probably a better fit in a 3-4. Remember, the Steelers were interested in him during the draft, but traded out of the second round that year I believe.

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Defensive lineman Jarron Gilbert, the 2009 third-round pick from San Jose State, is running out of time to convince coaches that he deserves a spot on the Bears' 53-man roster.

Gilbert missed preseason Game 2 with a neck injury, and he didn't do much in the opener or in training camp to set himself apart at a position that features quantity and quality.

"He's one of the guys fighting for a spot," coach Lovie Smith said. "He needs to get out there on the field, first, and then make some plays. It's as simple as that. The guys that have the opportunity to play (Saturday night), we'll put them out on the field and let them show that they belong on the 53-man roster, or even the 61 (53 plus eight practice squad players)."

The 6-foot-5, 285-pound Gilbert made brief appearances in just four games last season and did not have a tackle.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-29-2010, 12:12 AM
That is interesting. Chicago drafted Corey Wootton this year. I wounder if he is on the chopping block? Then again, we are pretty much set at DE.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Oh. I forgot about Gilbert. Hard to forget about his infamous pool jump.

whatdoiknow
08-29-2010, 12:19 AM
I don't want Gilbert, and I'll bet neither do the steelers. They never had any real Interest in him in the draft either. That was a Internet rumor spread by Steeler fans who had a WOODY just because he could leap out of a pool in 3 feet of water..( Wow! Big deal ) But I guess it escaped them that he was an average college player with little skill. He's been totally Expossed since being drafted. All Gilbert is, is the DL version of our own Ex-Steeler wasted " Super Freak " of an Athlete Sc ott Shields!

No Thank You!

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2010, 12:26 AM
I don't want Gilbert, and I'll bet neither do the steelers. They never had any real Interest in him in the draft either. That was a Internet rumor spread by Steeler fans who had a WOODY just because he could leap out of a pool in 3 feet of water..( Wow! Big deal ) But I guess it escaped them that he was an average college player with little skill. He's been totally Expossed since being drafted. All Gilbert is, is the **************

No Thank You!
i agree, if he can't shed a block to make a tackle in the 4-3 , then he ain't gonna command much attention in 3 - 4 to keep blockers off the lber's.

MattsMe
08-29-2010, 12:45 AM
My guess is they're scouting a Bears QB to back up Dixon when we trade Ben. :noidea:

DanRooney
08-29-2010, 06:23 AM
My guess is they're scouting a Bears QB to back up Dixon when we trade Ben. :noidea:

I heard they were scouting Aaron Rodgers to back up Charlie Batch when we trade Ben and Dixon :noidea:

The Lakelander
08-29-2010, 08:40 AM
I heard they were scouting Aaron Rodgers to back up Charlie Batch when we trade Ben and Dixon :noidea:

http://emoticons4u.com/happy/028.gif