PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Pittsburgh!!!!

radaz52
02-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Yeah there. I'm relocating in the next few weeks to Moon Township. I've been a HUGE steeler fan for about 12 years now. Yes, Greg Lloyd was my first love....lol So, I've always wanted to live in Pittsburgh, work in Pittsburgh....this is like a dream come true.
I just wanted to share this with all my STEELER LOVING FRIENDS!!!!!

BlackNGold203
02-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Outstanding!!

if you have any questions about the area or anything else..just post or toss me a PM..I'd be glad to help!!

83-Steelers-43
02-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Very nice Radaz. I lived in Moon at one point in time. Nice area. Enjoy and if you have any questions just ask.

benberger
02-22-2006, 11:50 AM
well, compared to michigan, spring comes pretty quick in pittsburgh.....bring your swimming gear lol

steelersfanmx
02-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Wow... o would like to visit Pittsburgh PA.. someday... the first time i visited US.. was a year ago...and i was in....Seattle.!!!!...
well...its a nice state, good coffee... BUT I really wish to visit Steelers Nation!!!!!!!!...

Im saving some money.... it could be this year!!!....

clevestinks
02-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Lucky M..... I would love to move back! Soon I hope! I miss living there

HburgXL06
02-22-2006, 07:24 PM
You lucky bastard.....I've only been to Pittsburgh a few times in my life but I always enjoy it. People complain its dark, cold, and w.e else but thats not Pittsburgh.....that's Pennsylvania! I know from bein born n raised in Harrisburg, PA and its da same weather but wit less to do. Pittsburgh is beautiful in many areas and I'm sure you'll find all of them. Have fun and enjoy livin in da home of Steelers Nation!

BuFu

WWIIOwheelz
02-22-2006, 07:34 PM
This is a beautiful area, make no mistake.

My one bit of advise is to NOT live in Allegheny County--- the taxes are CRAZY.

Other than that, welcome to the area in advance! :getdown:

melroseplace
02-22-2006, 09:06 PM
congrats, that's exciting! :smile: I actually go to school in Moon (at RMU), it's a cool area. you'll probably have lots of Steelers sightings out and about too

TexaSteeler
02-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Getting out of the Auto industry?

radaz52
02-23-2006, 03:50 PM
ummm, nope....I actually work for the goverment as a contracted gis analyst in western michgan, or should i say did...But thank you all for your great replies and comments. I'll be heading out tomorrow to look at apartments and what not!!! And woohoo, to the Steeler sightings I am all for that melrose place!

cpollock
02-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Cool ... I live in moon ... if you have any questions about the area let me know .. If I don't know the answer I will be able ot find it out .....

luvmysteelers
02-25-2006, 06:36 AM
I'm not far from Moon. I agree with whoever said not to live in Allegheny County. Hopewell, Beaver County, is pretty close..and its nice. Cranberry is a nice place, too.

cpollock
02-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Those places are not far ...but keep in mind where you work . If you are renting then Moon isn't a bad place. It is a 20 minute ride from the City and close to the Airport ... there is a 1% wage tax ... but that is all ..

if you are buying then you may want to stay out of Allegheny County because the property taxes are higher, but at the rate things are increasing I am sure the other counties will follow suite soon ...

also with the price of gas these days it is almost as bad as the property taxes ..:sofunny: :rofl:

radaz52
02-27-2006, 03:42 PM
How is the bus transportation in moon township or in pittsburgh?

cpollock
02-27-2006, 04:04 PM
There are park-n-rides in moon that will take you into the city .. I am not one that uses public transportation so I am not the best to answer that question .. Here is a link to the Port Athority

http://www.portauthority.org/

you can get bus schedules and info there easily ..

Stlrs4Life
03-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Congratulations!