PDA

View Full Version : Teams kicking themselves for not trading for Ben?

ETL
08-29-2010, 01:15 PM
I don't know if you guys remember but Ben could have been had for possibly a high 2nd round pick earlier this year when all the sh1t was hitting the fan. Teams balked and I think those who could have had him will regret it.

He's young and still immensely talented. In addition, he's signed for many more years at a relatively cheap price for a star QB. Furthermore he seems to have from all initial signs, to have learned from his mistakes and grown.

I will submit that in many ways, Ben getting caught like this and punished may be the best thing to happen to Ben and the steelers.

whatdoiknow
08-29-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't know if you guys remember but Ben could have been had for possibly a high 2nd round pick earlier this year when all the sh1t was hitting the fan. Teams balked and I think those who could have had him will regret it.

He's young and still immensely talented. In addition, he's signed for many more years at a relatively cheap price for a star QB. Furthermore he seems to have from all initial signs, to have learned from his mistakes and grown.

I will submit that in many ways, Ben getting caught like this and punished may be the best thing to happen to Ben and the steelers.

And I will say YOU Obviously don't watch ANYTHING Steeler related! Cause if you did you would KNOW that the Steelers never at ANY TIME ever had Ben on the trading Block! Our own GM even stated this in a National press conference! He said NO CALLS by him were ever made offering Ben in a trade. And said that after the media reports by Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter...to mane just two, that reported that the Steelers MIGHT...MIGHT be Interested in trading Ben, then all of a sudden every
two bit NFL Website had the Steelers as wanting to Dump Ben Roethlisberger! It was total BS. And Colbert also stated that only two teams called HIM to gae their Interest in trading Ben, and they were the Oakland Raiders, and Buffalo Bills, and Colbert told both that they had ZERO...ZERO Interest in trading away their " Franchise " QB.

ETL
08-29-2010, 01:32 PM
And I will say YOU Obviously don't watch ANYTHING Steeler related! Cause if you did you would KNOW that the Steelers never at ANY TIME ever had Ben on the trading Block! Our own GM even stated this in a National press conference! He said NO CALLS by him were ever made offering Ben in a trade. And said that after the media reports by Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter...to mane just two, that reported that the Steelers MIGHT...MIGHT be Interested in trading Ben, then all of a sudden every
two bit NFL Website had the Steelers as wanting to Dump Ben Roethlisberger! It was total BS. And Colbert also stated that only two teams called HIM to gae their Interest in trading Ben, and they were the Oakland Raiders, and Buffalo Bills, and Colbert told both that they had ZERO...ZERO Interest in trading away their " Franchise " QB.

Yes, I guess if I believed EVERY SINGLE F%$KING THING THAT THE FRONT OFFICE SAID ALL THE TIME AND BELIEVE IT TO BE THE WORD OF GOD.

Do you really think that they would tell you that they were shopping him around?

whatdoiknow
08-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Yes, I guess if I believed EVERY SINGLE F%$KING THING THAT THE FRONT OFFICE SAID ALL THE TIME AND BELIEVE IT TO BE THE WORD OF GOD - then I would be as stupid as you.

Do you really think that they would tell you that they were shopping him around? Just think before you talk. Better yet, stop talking.

Do you really think that IF Kevin Colbert did actually call other teams..( GM's )..and
offered Ben up in trade, and then had a NATIONAL Press conference to dispute that he never offered Ben up in a trade, and that only two teams called him to gage their Interest in Ben, and he turned them down,,don't you think in the weeks folloing hat press conference that IF Colbert Indeed did make calls himself to other teams GM's that those stories would have leaked out, calling Colbert a Liar ? But alas...NO such stories ever came out! And why do you think that is ?....Ahhh, Ya think because NO GM's were ever called by Colbert regarding Ben being available! Cause if he did, and then he publically denied he ever did, you can bet your LIFE that those GM's that Colbert did call would have leaked it that he did! And again I say...NO STORIES ever came out saying Colbert Indeed made calls.

ETL
08-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Do you really think that IF Kevin Colbert did actually call other teams..( GM's )..and
offered Ben up in trade, and then had a NATIONAL Press conference to dispute that he never offered Ben up in a trade, and that only two teams called him to gage their Interest in Ben, and he turned them down,,don't you think in the weeks folloing hat press conference that IF Colbert Indeed did make calls himself to other teams GM's that those stories would have leaked out, calling Colbert a Liar ? But alas...NO such stories ever came out! And why do you think that is MENSA ?....Ahhh, Ya think because NO GM's were ever called by Colbert regarding Ben being available! Cause if he did, and then he publically denied he ever did, you can bet your LIFE that those GM's that Colbert did call would have leaked it that he did! And again MENSA I say...NO STORIES ever came out saying Colbert Indeed made calls.!

Do your really think that Kevin Colbert would actually tell a NATIONAL press that he tried to trade Ben but we are now STUCK WITH HIM. C'mon - this crap happens all the time. Teams shop players all the time and deny it to the press because it does them no good to admit that they shopped him around. The GMs all cover each others backs on this because they all need to have their backs covered at some point.

I respect Colbert and like him - but I'm not going to believe everything he says. And there were multiple multiple reports during that week up to the draft from football insiders that said that the Steelers could not find someone to take Ben. It is in Colbert's best interest to lie about his than these insiders to make this stuff up.

whatdoiknow
08-29-2010, 01:56 PM
First, Colbert would not deny anything to reporters if asked, he just wouldn''t answer them. In this case though it was COLBERT who had the press conference to Quash all these reports weeks after the draft to address that Ben was never offered up. And why would he Volunteer that two teams called HIM! and NAME those teams ? Is that an example of how NFL GM's cover for each other ? By calling out both Oakland and Buffalo ?
The Steelers NEVER were trying to trade Ben...PERIOD!!

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2010, 02:06 PM
NO SOUP FOR YOU !!! :toofunny:

stb_steeler
08-29-2010, 03:16 PM
I sure am glad that Ben isnt the only guy on the team. It seems he's the only subject as of late. If he had a dollar for every time he was mentioned on here, Rooney wont have to pay him. I agree with MasterofPuppets, No soup for anyone! :doh:

joeyssteelcurtain
08-29-2010, 06:30 PM
I sure am glad that Ben isnt the only guy on the team. It seems he's the only subject as of late. If he had a dollar for every time he was mentioned on here, Rooney wont have to pay him. I agree with MasterofPuppets, No soup for anyone! :doh:

Well Ben is our team we have to rings in the last 5 years because of him. Without Ben we are a 5 win team