PDA

View Full Version : Should the Steelers think about Signing Antonio Bryant!

whatdoiknow
08-29-2010, 02:51 PM
...I mean after he is completely healthy and checked out okay by Doctors ?
This Morning Cincy Cut Bryant. And IF when Healthy, would he be a better WR then El ? I mean if he can be had for a minimum deal, and no or little Guaranteed money ?
I'm sure once Bryant is Healthy that alot of teams might be Interested in him also. But two things the Steelers might have going for them that other teams don't is that, well, we're in Pittsburgh. And I think Bryant is from here originally, and I know he went to college here. And the other thing is well, here in Pittsburgh, he might have the chance to make a difference, and totally PUNK the Bengals right in their Butts!!

I mean in 106 total games, Bryant has caught 30 TD passes. As where El has only 15 career TD catches, and in more games played! I'm not saying we cut the Vet El right now...no way. But after say a few weeks, and if Bryant is medically cleared and is Healthy, he might make a better, bigger and Physically gifted WR then El is. Or we can keep El and sign Bryant IF say our Rookie WR's are struggling. Or we can keep El and cut Battle. But I sure wouldn't mind signing Antonio Bryant, and have him make a winning TD catch that beats the Bengals! :drink:

I mean how great would that be ? Story on Bryant...link is below.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/29/bengals-bounce-antonio-bryant/

joeyssteelcurtain
08-29-2010, 02:53 PM
I think that would be great i think he has a lot left

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2010, 02:57 PM
# Poo Flinging Monkey says: August 29, 2010 1:33 PM

The Bengals anticipated this, and are already knee-deep in trade discussions with the Rams for WR Donnie Avery.:toofunny:

mePittsburgh
08-30-2010, 01:14 AM
This is my prediction. Once Antonio gets completely healthy, and is checked and cleared. There will be a few teams that will want Bryant. But he will go to Pittsburgh because one, he is from Pittsburgh. Two, the Steelers know that Bryant won't cost much if anything at all to sign to a non-Guaranteed deal. Also, Antonio will LOVE the Opportunity to comeback and possibly BITE the Bungals in the Butt with a Big catch.
The Steelers will sign Bryant, and probably will cut Battle to clear a roster spot for him. He and Ward and Wallace will be a dangerous thresome to handle. And Cincy will end up with Egg on their faces. Only it will have cost them a Guaranteed 8 million dollars for nothing. While signing Bryant for Pittsburgh will be no more than a NON-Guaranteed Minimum Vet deal :-)

SteelKnight
08-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Nah...too expensive and we like our receiving core. 7 mill per year...nah.

pancake
08-30-2010, 01:48 AM
This is my prediction. Once Antonio gets completely healthy, and is checked and cleared. There will be a few teams that will want Bryant. But he will go to Pittsburgh because one, he is from Pittsburgh. Two, the Steelers know that Bryant won't cost much if anything at all to sign to a non-Guaranteed deal. Also, Antonio will LOVE the Opportunity to comeback and possibly BITE the Bungals in the Butt with a Big catch.
The Steelers will sign Bryant, and probably will cut Battle to clear a roster spot for him. He and Ward and Wallace will be a dangerous thresome to handle. And Cincy will end up with Egg on their faces. Only it will have cost them a Guaranteed 8 million dollars for nothing. While signing Bryant for Pittsburgh will be no more than a NON-Guaranteed Minimum Vet deal :-)

I don't think we will, but I like your logic...

Steelers>NFL
08-30-2010, 09:13 AM
No way Jose!

Steelers>NFL
08-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Why??? No need for him.

TackleMeBen
08-30-2010, 09:18 AM
only if he brings his bengal playbook with him ..lol .. then he should sign him.lol

tony hipchest
08-30-2010, 10:05 AM
This is my prediction. )not only is this a completely idiodic proposal but it matches the above idiotic gibberish verbatim.

keep your crap in the appropriate thread, or it will find the toilet and be flushed. you may poo the bed at home or take dumps on the kitchen floor, but we dont do that here.

this will be the last time i sniff out the toilet for you.