PDA

View Full Version : Denver Game Gameballs

tony hipchest
08-30-2010, 12:40 AM
no more of this wishy washy bullcrap where we divide the ball up into 12 different slices.

(losing teams dont even get a ball)

who played the best tonight (honorable mentions are welcome, just dont try to slice any hyperbolic ball in half)?

ike, harrison, and timmons certainly seemed to show up with a purpose.

i would give the loserball to timmons (and make mention that neither of our rookie wr's have yet to drop a pass).

SteelCityMom
08-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Ike was a beast tonight. As was Dwyer.

My loserball goes to Lewis. Makes me want Gay back.

DanRooney
08-30-2010, 12:46 AM
no more of this wishy washy bullcrap where we divide the ball up into 12 different slices.

(losing teams dont even get a ball)

who played the best tonight (honorable mentions are welcome, just dont try to slice any hyperbolic ball in half)?

ike, harrison, and timmons certainly seemed to show up with a purpose.

i would give the loserball to timmons (and make mention that neither of our rookie wr's have yet to drop a pass).

Best:
Offense: Pouncey
Defense: Timmons, Ike

Worst:
Offense: Dixon, Leftwich, Essex, Kemoeatu, Starks, Summers
Defense: Lewis, Foote, Mundy

pancake
08-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Best:
Offense: Pouncey
Defense: Timmons, Ike

Worst:
Offense: Dixon, Leftwich, Essex, Kemoeatu, Starks, Summers
Defense: Lewis, Foote, Mundy

I'm good with that list.

Even Harrison had a 15 yarder on him.

I like the Lewis kid, but he has to use his head... :doh:

tony hipchest
08-30-2010, 12:57 AM
so who gets you gameball ?

(no wishy washy)

tony hipchest
08-30-2010, 01:00 AM
screw a list. this is a single gameball thread, not a list thread.

SteelCityMom
08-30-2010, 01:00 AM
I misunderstood was loserball was lol...Lewis does NOT get my loserball.

I would have to say Ike or Dwyer, and good points on the rookie WR's. They played like they wanted it.

pancake
08-30-2010, 01:09 AM
so who gets you gameball ?

(no wishy washy)

I would go with Ike.

DanRooney
08-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Pouncey, he handled Williams all night

pancake
08-30-2010, 01:12 AM
Pouncey, he handled Williams all night

What little I watched of their match up, he did look good.

Tone's Toes
08-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Gameball: Timmons (He takes a lot of crap on these boards but the guy has loads of talent)

Loserball: Pouncey. (Could have gave him the gameball, but Williams is washed up, imo)

steeltheone
08-30-2010, 02:53 AM
Ike was a beast tonight. As was Dwyer.

My loserball goes to Lewis. Makes me want Gay back.

Gay is not that bad. He is only starting his 3rd season. Give the kid a break.

Fire Arians
08-30-2010, 05:44 AM
pouncey. hes already light years ahead of hartwig

joeyssteelcurtain
08-30-2010, 12:31 PM
I say no one gets a game ball

SacknificentStew56
08-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Pouncey gets the gameball because was the only one who had a legitimate test coming into this game and actually passed.

SteelMember
08-30-2010, 12:40 PM
I say no one gets a game ball

Exaclty. Denver gets the game ball.

More specifically for me, I'd say Andre Goodman.

That guy seemed like he was involved in everything.

...and fat boy ran all over us. :mad: Gawd, I hate that guy. It's not even all the TT thing... It's just him. Is that reasonable? I didn't think so. :flap: :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
08-30-2010, 12:43 PM

...and fat boy ran all over us. :mad: Gawd, I hate that guy. It's not even all the TT thing... It's just him. Is that reasonable? I didn't think so. :flap: :chuckle:

:sofunny:

It's perfectly reasonable! I hate his ass too, for the TT thing and because he's just an arrogant jackass.

pancake
08-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Gameball: Timmons (He takes a lot of crap on these boards but the guy has loads of talent)

Loserball: Pouncey. (Could have gave him the gameball, but Williams is washed up, imo)

Timmons did have that stupid roughing play. Outside of that, he played well.

SacknificentStew56
08-30-2010, 12:47 PM
LARDale White is a certified BUM and I hated it when they gave him that TD. I prayed for two fumbles plus a game ending injury from him in the first quarter but you can't always get what you want, right?

stb_steeler
08-30-2010, 02:45 PM
:sofunny:

It's perfectly reasonable! I hate his ass too, for the TT thing and because he's just an arrogant jackass.

I think everyone can agree on that one. :drink:

joeyssteelcurtain
08-30-2010, 02:57 PM
I think everyone can agree on that one. :drink:

Yup he his a dickface

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-30-2010, 04:15 PM
I'll give mine to Jon Dwyer. Finally broke out last night. Hopefully, for his sake, it wasn't to late.

LVSteelersfan
08-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Wasn't Dwyer playing against 3rd and 4th string players? He proved nothing except that he could do well against practice squad and players who will be gone by next week. Not impressed.

Timmons gets my game ball. He was on the ball from sideline to sideline and I actually noticed him out there making tackles on running plays.

I'll give mine to Jon Dwyer. Finally broke out last night. Hopefully, for his sake, it wasn't to late.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Wasn't Dwyer playing against 3rd and 4th string players? He proved nothing except that he could do well against practice squad and players who will be gone by next week. Not impressed.

Timmons gets my game ball. He was on the ball from sideline to sideline and I actually noticed him out there making tackles on running plays.

Probably more like second and third stringers (being the third preseason game) which is exactly what Dwyer will be if he makes this team. A second or third string back. There isn't much he can do when he isn't on the field against Denver's starting defense. When he was in he made the most of his oppertunity.

LVSteelersfan
08-30-2010, 06:44 PM
You actually believe that Dwyer is good enough to be a second string back on this team? There is no way. Redman and/or Moore have that sewn up. Dwyer screwed himself up by not taking things seriously and coming into camp totally overweight and out of shape which led to an injury early on. He will be on the practice squad if they don't just cut him outright. Not a big deal because he was a late round pick any way. If he makes the cut, I will be extremely surprised.

Probably more like second and third stringers (being the third preseason game) which is exactly what Dwyer will be if he makes this team. A second or third string back. There isn't much he can do when he isn't on the field against Denver's starting defense. When he was in he made the most of his oppertunity.

steeltheone
08-30-2010, 06:46 PM
You actually believe that Dwyer is good enough to be a second string back on this team? There is no way. Redman and/or Moore have that sewn up. Dwyer screwed himself up by not taking things seriously and coming into camp totally overweight and out of shape which led to an injury early on. He will be on the practice squad if they don't just cut him outright. Not a big deal because he was a late round pick any way. If he makes the cut, I will be extremely surprised.

He still looks fat to me!