PDA

View Full Version : Post Game S-Broncos 10 thoughts

SteelKnight
08-30-2010, 02:14 AM
I think it's Peter King that does 10 things I think I think. So in honor of him, here we go:

1. Dixon shouldn't start. He is still prone to make stupid mistakes. He will cost us games. Like all those running QBs (Vick, Tavaris Jackson, Vince Young, Aaron Brooks, Quincey Carter), he appears to have problems reading defenses, finding open receivers, throwing accurate passes and not forcing balls in. Maybe if they would encourage him to run where he was running maybe half the time, he might be pretty good. lol

2. Leftwich needs work. After Ben gets maybe 1 or 2 series, they should let Lefty play a full half...even if that takes him into the third quarter.

3. Steelers Redzone plays still suck

4. Our O-Line provided great pass protection for Dixon. It was when I saw Hartwig come in with Lefty that I noticed the middle was getting destroyed. Hartwig might be on his way out.

5. Pouncey is a star.

6. Dwyer looked decent. He should be given a spot on the team to develop and just be made inactive every game. We have given many inactive spots in the past like Brunett, Sweed, Hills, Urbik, Davis...this guy should be protected for at least a year to see what we've got. Also Mendy WILL get hurt this year. I'm not a big fan of Moore's running and it is noce to have someone behind Redman.

7. Frank Summers sucks. I would cut him. They should use either Redman or one of the TE to play FB.

8. Keenan Lewis gives way too much room. He starts off like 15 yards off his man. lol

9. Antonio Brown makes me nervous when he receives KO/Ps. He will fumble or do something stupid sometime...watch. Logan was getting down there quickly as a gunner. Hmmm...He may make the team yet. If he can tackle like that and Battle can't, Battle might be out.

10. Let's give KOs back to Reed...lol

SteelKnight
08-30-2010, 03:11 AM
Ben and Lefty need to spend the rest of preseason practicing exclusively on Redzone.

I think lefty should start and Dixon should get 2 series a game (one each half).

Downbylaw
08-30-2010, 04:20 AM
I think it's Peter King that does 10 things I think I think. So in honor of him, here we go:

1. Dixon shouldn't start. He is still prone to make stupid mistakes. He will cost us games. Like all those running QBs (Vick, Tavaris Jackson, Vince Young, Aaron Brooks, Quincey Carter), he appears to have problems reading defenses, finding open receivers, throwing accurate passes and not forcing balls in. Maybe if they would encourage him to run where he was running maybe half the time, he might be pretty good. lol

2. Leftwich needs work. After Ben gets maybe 1 or 2 series, they should let Lefty play a full half...even if that takes him into the third quarter.

3. Steelers Redzone plays still suck

4. Our O-Line provided great pass protection for Dixon. It was when I saw Hartwig come in with Lefty that I noticed the middle was getting destroyed. Hartwig might be on his way out.

5. Pouncey is a star.

6. Dwyer looked decent. He should be given a spot on the team to develop and just be made inactive every game. We have given many inactive spots in the past like Brunett, Sweed, Hills, Urbik, Davis...this guy should be protected for at least a year to see what we've got. Also Mendy WILL get hurt this year. I'm not a big fan of Moore's running and it is noce to have someone behind Redman.

7. Frank Summers sucks. I would cut him. They should use either Redman or one of the TE to play FB.

8. Keenan Lewis gives way too much room. He starts off like 15 yards off his man. lol

9. Antonio Brown makes me nervous when he receives KO/Ps. He will fumble or do something stupid sometime...watch. Logan was getting down there quickly as a gunner. Hmmm...He may make the team yet. If he can tackle like that and Battle can't, Battle might be out.

10. Let's give KOs back to Reed...lol

I have said most of this in my posts. Leftwich is the one who needs the work and as you saw, so does Dixon. Ben is a seasoned vet who knows the offense well. He needs the least work.

Keenan has no choice, he has to play that far off its the scheme. Its a cover 3. The good teams will dink and dink us all the way down the field. Its Lebeaus scheme and its by design. The Steelers arent showing anything in pre season, you have to remember that. In the regular season you will see the OLB flair out in the flats to take some of that away

Leftwich is starting week 1. No way they let him play a lot in the 4th pre season game. GUARANTEE he starts this game. He has to.

SacknificentStew56
08-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Sanders route running looked very lazy while I watched the game. He hardly got any separation on his routes and needs to run every route as if he's getting the ball.

StainlessStill
08-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Leftwich is starting week 1. No way they let him play a lot in the 4th pre season game. GUARANTEE he starts this game. He has to.

That's been evident since June Minicamps.

steeltheone
08-30-2010, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=SacknificentStew56;837405]Sanders route running looked very lazy while I watched the game. He hardly got any separation on his routes and needs to run every route as if he's getting the ball.[/QU

They call him Go Go becuase he never stops. Hmmmm?

SteelKnight
08-31-2010, 03:04 AM
I have said most of this in my posts. Leftwich is the one who needs the work and as you saw, so does Dixon. Ben is a seasoned vet who knows the offense well. He needs the least work.

Keenan has no choice, he has to play that far off its the scheme. Its a cover 3. The good teams will dink and dink us all the way down the field. Its Lebeaus scheme and its by design. The Steelers arent showing anything in pre season, you have to remember that. In the regular season you will see the OLB flair out in the flats to take some of that away

If i were you, I wouldn't guarentee. I think Ben will start. He may only play one series but he will start. Next, I think Lefty will play. To me, he needs the work. This is not one of those situations where you are worried about your franchise QB getting hurt. If he gets hurt, you just go with Dixon...but he needs the work. I think how much work he gets will depend on how he looks. If he gets 2 scoring drives, they will likely take him out. If he gets several 3 and outs, they will keep him in longer.

SteelKnight
08-31-2010, 03:06 AM
Sanders route running looked very lazy while I watched the game. He hardly got any separation on his routes and needs to run every route as if he's getting the ball.

You are watching on the same TV that I watch right? How can you see his routes? lol

DanRooney
08-31-2010, 08:06 AM
You are watching on the same TV that I watch right? How can you see his routes? lol

apparently he ran the wrong route on the INT according to the postgazette.

It doesn't really matter though the ball should have never been thrown to him in the first place. There literally was no separation between him and the defender.