PDA

View Full Version : Farrior Leaves Game With Head Laceration

SteelCityMom
08-30-2010, 11:47 AM
DENVER - Pittsburgh linebacker James Farrior has left the Steelers' game at Denver after suffering a head laceration.

Farrior's helmet went flying when he helped stuff running back LenDale White for no gain on second-and-goal at the 2 early in the first quarter.

After a timeout, Farrior was led off the field with a towel pressed against the right side of his head, although he wasn't gushing blood like New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning did after losing his helmet on a hard hit earlier in the preseason.

Story continues below ↓
advertisement | your ad here

Farrior was taken to the locker room and the Steelers said his return was doubtful. White scored a touchdown on the next play.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38909413/ns/sports-nfl/

I heard the announcers mention it last night, but what the hell is up with helmets flying off so much this year already? I mean, I know there's always a chance they're going to come off...but it seems to happen fairly easily now for some reason. I would think the NFL would be somewhat worried about this.

SacknificentStew56
08-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Hopefully they are looking into this issue after one collision this preseason with Potsie involved. Who cares about Eli? Just kidding. But I hope some other device is being tested as we post to secure helmets much more tighter than they currently have now. It's a violent sport as we all know and with helmets coming off during a live play can cause major eye damage to say the least.

pancake
08-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Some guys don't snap all the chin straps, Farva was always bad for that.

SacknificentStew56
08-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Bronc-Hoe version of the Potsie injury for shatts and giggles.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=171519

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-30-2010, 04:07 PM
I wonder if all of the helmets comming off this year is from more players using the new Revo Speeds? I've handeled one and it doesn't seem much different from any of the old Revolutions. Just a guess.