PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Rogers fined not suspended for gun charge

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Source: Shaun Rogers fined for charge

ESPN.com news services

Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Shaun Rogers will not be suspended but he will be fined for an offseason arrest for carrying a gun through an airport, an NFL source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Rogers will be fined approximately $300,000, but the source was uncertain of the exact total.

During his visit with Browns players last week, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell praised Rogers for recently helping police stop a motorist who allegedly was driving under the influence through a Cleveland suburb near the Browns' camp, but stopped short of saying it would influence his decision.

"It's a great example of a young man making a mistake on one hand and then doing something positive on the other," Goodell said.

Rogers entered a diversion program last month to avoid trial on the airport weapons charge.

Under the terms, the felony gun charge will be dismissed if the 31-year-old Rogers completes the program, including 40 hours of volunteer service and 10 hours in a gun class. He also has to forfeit the weapon.

Police said Rogers had the semiautomatic handgun in a carry-on bag at Cleveland's Hopkins International Airport in April.

The Browns open the regular season Sept. 12 against the Buccaneers in Tampa, Fla.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5515524

fat4jc
08-31-2010, 12:54 PM
This is embarassing to the NFL. Goodell MUST GO!

TackleMeBen
08-31-2010, 01:43 PM
i believe the rooneys let goodell suspend ben so they wouldnt have to go against the players union if they laid out the suspension.

the cba says that the commish can punish players with no fight from the players union, unlike if the team did it.

SteelersinCA
08-31-2010, 01:59 PM
I really don't think you can equate the two somehow saying Ben got hosed. It's not like Rogers was carrying it and used it to scare people.

What you should be more pissed about is if it were you or me, we'd most likely be in jail.

SteelCityMom
08-31-2010, 02:08 PM
I bet he wasn't even strip searched or probed at the airport either.

TackleMeBen
08-31-2010, 02:22 PM
I bet he wasn't even strip searched or probed at the airport either.
would you want to be the one doing that :yikes:

MasterOfPuppets
09-01-2010, 01:26 PM
he probably had a loaded tank hidden in his butt !!! :yikes:

TackleMeBen
09-01-2010, 01:44 PM
that is just nasty man..lol