PDA

View Full Version : Ron Cook Blasts Tomlin:

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 08:23 AM
In Cooks latest article in the Gazette, Cook criticizes Steeler Coach MIke Tomlin for how he handled the Qb situation. I have made similar comments in the last two weeks. By adding Ben to the mix Byron Leftwich is grossly unprepared to start the season. It makes no sense to get a guy ready (Ben) when he will be parked for 6 weeks. In the meantime, the qbs we are going to battle with in the 1st 4 weeks have had limited reps with the 1st team. Ben is a savvy Vet, he needs the least reps of Anyone of the qbs. Especially, if he is elite as you guys claim, shouldnt the elite guy need the least work? Ask Brett Favre how much work he needs.

TackleMeBen
09-01-2010, 08:28 AM
it all goes back to what ben wants he gets . tomlin tries to be a players coach and not a coach coach.... tell ben he is going to sit his white butt on the bench until the 3rd or 4th qtr and if he doesnt like there is the door....

steelerchad
09-01-2010, 08:45 AM
I think they have done the right thing so far in camp with the exception of starting Ben last week. Dixon earned a shot to prove himself and should have started the game against Denver. He failed, so the job should go to Leftwich by default. Lefty should have been given most of the reps through the first 3 games. Ben should play most of the reps in game 4, since we can't afford an injury to Lefty going into the regular season.

StainlessStill
09-01-2010, 09:05 AM
In Cooks latest article in the Gazette, Cook criticizes Steeler Coach MIke Tomlin for how he handled the Qb situation. I have made similar comments in the last two weeks. By adding Ben to the mix Byron Leftwich is grossly unprepared to start the season. It makes no sense to get a guy ready (Ben) when he will be parked for 6 weeks. In the meantime, the qbs we are going to battle with in the 1st 4 weeks have had limited reps with the 1st team. Ben is a savvy Vet, he needs the least reps of Anyone of the qbs. Especially, if he is elite as you guys claim, shouldnt the elite guy need the least work? Ask Brett Favre how much work he needs.

I think Tomlin has taken a uncontrollable and an unfortunate unique situation and turning it into a positive. What else is the guy supposed to be doing? Ben is our starter, through and through and whether anyone likes it or not, he needed to go in there and be accustomed to the speed of the game and to the timing of the guys around him as well as terminology to get a feel for game-like speed since he will have NONE of that for an entire month's time (no practicing with team, no working with team, no game film, no presence what-so-ever on any Steelers or NFL headquarters.)

(As far as Favre, it's more of a iron-man, 20 years experience type thing that has more to do with his body than anything else. Even Favre is playing pre-season. Why? The same reason why Ben would need it.)

Ben needed his time, plain and simple and he only played what? 3-4 series tops that equaled to like, 10 total minutes? If we DIDN'T play Ben, and if Ben does come out flat in October, then everyone would bitch on how Tomlin didn't play him in the pre-season when he had the chance to. Not a big deal.

As for Leftwhich/Dixon, they both have had PLENTY of opportunity to man-up and was given enough time with all starting units to simply go out there and perform under the lights with the 2010 season creeping in. Plus, we got one more pre-season game to go to get ANY of these guys ready for the start of the season. They will turn it on, no doubt in my mind.

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Agree with Both posts. You see how much work Leftwich needed in the last two games. As a result he has no continuity with the guys. When will he get it, week 1? I agree, Tomlin is soft in regards to standing up to our white players. He takes hard stances with the blacks (Tone, Ike, Casey Hampton). I think he is afraid that he will be called out for taking a stand on Ben. But in his defense, he did tell Ben after the Colts game of 08 "If you dont practice you dont play". This was after Ben didnt practice for two weeks (shoulder) and subsequently played badly as a result of if.

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 09:13 AM
I think Tomlin has taken a uncontrollable and an unfortunate unique situation and turning it into a positive. What else is the guy supposed to be doing? Ben is our starter, through and through and whether anyone likes it or not, he needed to go in there and be accustomed to the speed of the game and to the timing of the guys around him as well as terminology to get a feel for game-like speed since he will have NONE of that for an entire month's time (no practicing with team, no working with team, no game film, no presence what-so-ever on any Steelers or NFL headquarters.)

(As far as Favre, it's more of a iron-man, 20 years experience type thing that has more to do with his body than anything else. Even Favre is playing pre-season. Why? The same reason why Ben would need it.)

Ben needed his time, plain and simple and he only played what? 3-4 series tops that equaled to like, 10 total minutes? If we DIDN'T play Ben, and if Ben does come out flat in October, then everyone would bitch on how Tomlin didn't play him in the pre-season when he had the chance to. Not a big deal.

As for Leftwhich/Dixon, they both have had PLENTY of opportunity to man-up and was given enough time with all starting units to simply go out there and perform under the lights with the 2010 season creeping in. Plus, we got one more pre-season game to go to get ANY of these guys ready for the start of the season. They will turn it on, no doubt in my mind.

Yes, Ben is our starter BUT he is not our starter for the 1st 4 weeks. He is supposed to act like Ben is hurt and move on. So Ben get accustomed to the speed only to sit down for 5 weeks. How can you justify that Ben needs more work than Leftwich/Dixon? Ben is a vet.
So Favre is a iron man type of thing? What about Manning in 08 missed the whole preseason due to a knee injury and started the season without these "reps" you keep talking about. Brady did the same thing in 09, saw limited action in the preseason following a knee injury and jumped right in. "One more preseason game" Everyone knows that you dont play your starters but maybe one series in the 4th preseason game. Everyone knows that except you I suppose. SIGH

joeyssteelcurtain
09-01-2010, 09:32 AM

The starting OB for the first 4 weeks is just that only for 4 weeks ben is playing the other 12 games just think about ben will not get anytime for 4 weeks he needs all the work he can get and he didint even play that much you guys are just ben hatters

SteelMember
09-01-2010, 09:34 AM
You were on the path to making a good argument right up until...

Tomlin is soft in regards to standing up to our white players. He takes hard stances with the blacks (Tone, Ike, Casey Hampton). I think he is afraid that he will be called out for taking a stand on Ben. But in his defense, he did tell Ben after the Colts game of 08 "If you dont practice you dont play". This was after Ben didnt practice for two weeks (shoulder) and subsequently played badly as a result of if.

... where you basically call him an "uncle Tomlin".

I'm ain't buyin' that one. :thmbdown:

I don't think a couple series, and a single quarter of a game is too much for Ben to play. He needs the reps too. Unless he does a Favre, and goes out and throws with some highschoolers, he's not going to get any practice with the team for possibly a month and a half. And you can't tell me he needs less reps just because he's "a vet". Byron has just as much tenure in the NFL, and he's had his problems even holding a job as a starter for the past couple years.

I think Tomlin has divvied up the time pretty well... considering the circumstances.

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 09:35 AM
I take exception to Bens sefishness. As I said the starters wont be in there long and GUESS WHO wants to be in there taking up all the reps? Yep, the guy who needs the least work. Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger wants to play in the preseason finale: "I'd like to work on the no-huddle [offense]; it's a lot easier at home. You can use the cadence, and I think it would have been hard to do it tonight. I'd like to get a couple of series doing that, even though I don't want to keep those O-linemen in there too long."

While Tomlin was busy talking about How bad Dixon and Lewis played (and I agree). When has he called out any of his white players for playing bad? Hartwig? Ben? Keisel?

I have no problem with a coach calling out those who play badly. In fact I encourage it but I dont like a coach who only does it to the guys who look like him. It shows that he is uncomfortable in his skin. I dont like that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/30/steelers-broncos-one-liners-1/

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 09:40 AM
The starting OB for the first 4 weeks is just that only for 4 weeks ben is playing the other 12 games just think about ben will not get anytime for 4 weeks he needs all the work he can get and he didint even play that much you guys are just ben hatters

So in your opinion getting Ben work now is the solution? What about the 5 weeks when he is sitting there not with the team? Wont he develope rust? Or will he stay sharp? My contention is that Ben is the most experienced in the offense so he needs the least amount of work. The Steeler have FOUR games to play in his absence so dont you think we should be concentrating on those games before we think about the other ones? In fact Tomlin used that as his excuse not to play Batch "Charlie has experience and needs the least amount of work to get ready due to that experience and we know what he can do" How does that statement not apply to Ben? Or Maybe Tomlin is saying Ben is not as good as you guys think he is lol

StainlessStill
09-01-2010, 09:43 AM
So Ben get accustomed to the speed only to sit down for 5 weeks. How can you justify that Ben needs more work than Leftwich/Dixon? Ben is a vet.
So Favre is a iron man type of thing? Brady did the same thing in 09, saw limited action in the preseason following a knee injury and jumped right in. "One more preseason game"

Yes, Ben is our starter BUT he is not our starter for the 1st 4 weeks. He is supposed to act like Ben is hurt and move on.

Who says? Doesn't matter what's said, you NEED to give Ben reps & like I said, it wasn't anything significant. I'd rather put my faith into the head coach of my favorite professional football team than listen to some disgruntled fan who complains about EVERYTHING.

What about Manning in 08 missed the whole preseason due to a knee injury and started the season without these "reps" you keep talking about.

Uh, he only missed the pre-season because of an INJURY. Key word there, genius, If Manning's not injured, you bet your ass he see's time in the pre-season. And how did Manning and the Colts start that '08 season after injury? Not too great (starting the season 1-3 after 4 games, and only going 3-4 after 7 games.) It took Manning half a season to get back to football speed, he even said it himself and pre-season sure does help get accustomed to that to get a player ready to get a feel of the speed of the game and get some work in when the time is right. Even though we won't see Ben for 4 games, it's a positive to see him get a little work. How can that be a bad thing? It isn't.

Everyone knows that you dont play your starters but maybe one series in the 4th preseason game. Everyone knows that except you I suppose. SIGH

Here's a quote from Mike Tomlin JUST A DAYS AGO:

On how much the starters will play against Carolina on Thursday:

"That's not my philosophy, in terms of giving the starters a week off. I've never done that. We're going to play. We're not going to play as much as we played (Sunday) night, but we're going to play."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_697196.htm

It's YOU that is ignorant. Dixon & Leftwhich will get another shot to impress, even if it IS limited compared to the other pre-games. Of course their time will be limited, but one of them will get a bigger extension compared to others around the league compared to the standard of the 4th pre-season game.

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 09:44 AM
You were on the path to making a good argument right up until...

... where you basically call him an "uncle Tomlin".

I'm ain't buyin' that one. :thmbdown:

I don't think a couple series, and a single quarter of a game is too much for Ben to play. He needs the reps too. Unless he does a Favre, and goes out and throws with some highschoolers, he's not going to get any practice with the team for possibly a month and a half. And you can't tell me he needs less reps just because he's "a vet". Byron has just as much tenure in the NFL, and he's had his problems even holding a job as a starter for the past couple years.

I think Tomlin has divvied up the time pretty well... considering the circumstances.

I didnt want to use that term but now that you mention it. It applies. Byron hasnt been in our offense as long as Ben. 6 years to one year is not even close. Name ONE time that Tomlin has called out a white player like he does the black ones. Why cant you? Ben can get his work during the bye week. Whats wrong with that? So if our qbs start the seaon looking like crap, I will point to this thread and lack of work will be my excuse. You guys dont think its a big deal, then remember that. Deal?

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Who says? Doesn't matter what's said, you NEED to give Ben reps & like I said, it wasn't anything significant. I'd rather put my faith into the head coach of my favorite professional football team than listen to some disgruntled fan who complains about EVERYTHING.

Says you who alwast throws a hissy fit when ANYONE says anything about the BIG DISTRACTION lol

Uh, he only missed the pre-season because of an INJURY. Key word there, genius, If Manning's not injured, you bet your ass he see's time in the pre-season. And how did Manning and the Colts start that '08 season after injury? Not too great (starting the season 1-3 after 4 games, and only going 3-4 after 7 games.) It took Manning half a season to get back to football speed, he even said it himself and pre-season sure does help get accustomed to that to get a player ready to get a feel of the speed of the game and get some work in when the time is right. Even though we won't see Ben for 4 games, it's a positive to see him get a little work. How can that be a bad thing? It isn't.

Injury, suspension. Doesnt matter he missed reps and stepped in. He drew on his experience and didnt miss a beat. Elite qbs can do that. Good ones cant I guess. No it took Manning half the season to get used to the pain. Funny they are cutting these preseason games down soon. Next excuse Sir excusealot.

Ben getting work is causing the ones who will be playing reps. How is that a good thng for week 1-4? Do explain.

It's YOU that is ignorant. We will play and Dixon & Leftwhich will get another shot to impress, even if it IS limited compared to the other pre-games.

I dont see any quote and I'm ignorant? Ok (wink)

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 09:51 AM

It's YOU that is ignorant. Dixon & Leftwhich will get another shot to impress, even if it IS limited compared to the other pre-games. Of course their time will be limited, but one of them will get a bigger extension compared to others around the league compared to the standard of the 4th pre-season game.

Show me where I said Dixon and Leftwich wont play the last pre season game. DUH LOL

StainlessStill
09-01-2010, 09:52 AM
I didnt want to use that term but now that you mention it. It applies. Byron hasnt been in our offense as long as Ben. 6 years to one year is not even close. Name ONE time that Tomlin has called out a white player like he does the black ones. Why cant you? Ben can get his work during the bye week. Whats wrong with that? So if our qbs start the seaon looking like crap, I will point to this thread and lack of work will be my excuse. You guys dont think its a big deal, then remember that. Deal?

So if our qbs start the seaon looking like crap, I will point to this thread and lack of work will be my excuse.

..but also come back and eat crow if we do indeed impress and Lefy/Dixon comes out firing and wins us some important games.

Like I said in another post, if Ben DIDN'T get the reps in the pre-season, and if he came out flat in the game he comes back in, you'd be the first one to start up a post on how Tomlin failed to give Ben his earned reps. You're too easy.

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 09:56 AM
..but also come back and eat crow if we do indeed impress and Lefy/Dixon comes out firing and wins us some important games.

Like I said in another post, if Ben DIDN'T get the reps in the pre-season, and if he came out flat in the game he comes back in, you'd be the first one to start up a post on how Tomlin failed to give Ben his earned reps. You're too easy.

Eat crow? Uh. I have predicted in MANY posts that the STEELERS ARE GOOD. We will go 4-0 or 3-1 at the worst. I am on record as saying so. Ben comes out flat ALL THE TIME what are you talking about? What was the excuse then? OLine, Arians? Its what he has done his whole career. Thats why I call him good and not elite. Isnt it what I have been saying all along. Pay attention sir.

StainlessStill
09-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Show me where I said Dixon and Leftwich wont play the last pre season game. DUH LOL

I pointed out that our guys will get an extension of time this 4th pre-season game and has ONE more shot to impress when your reply clearly indicated that I'm the only one that doesn't see that the starters only play a series, which you're basically saying that it's silly to think Leftwhich OR Dixon won't be givin extra time in there to handle the situation. By the sounds of it, it looks like Tomlin WILL play these guys more than the traditional 4th-preseason standard, which he should given our circumstance.

StainlessStill
09-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Eat crow? Uh. I have predicted in MANY posts that the STEELERS ARE GOOD. We will go 4-0 or 3-1 at the worst. I am on record as saying so. Ben comes out flat ALL THE TIME what are you talking about? What was the excuse then? OLine, Arians? Its what he has done his whole career. Thats why I call him good and not elite. Isnt it what I have been saying all along. Pay attention sir.

Do you have to manipulate every post you reply in? You said if Leftwhich or Dixon comes out and plays poorly, that you're going to point back at this thread as the excuse of Tomlin not getting them more rep time behind Ben's shadow. Like I said, come back and eat crow if those guys do come out and do their job within the comments and complaint of how Tomlin ran his pre-season.

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 10:02 AM
I pointed out that our guys will get an extension of time this 4th pre-season game and has ONE more shot to impress when your reply clearly indicated that I'm the only one that doesn't see that the starters only play a series, which you're basically saying that it's silly to think Leftwhich OR Dixon won't be givin extra time in there to handle the situation. By the sounds of it, it looks like Tomlin WILL play these guys more than the traditional 4th-preseason standard, which he should given our circumstance.

Ben will start and after that the 1st teamers will come out of the game. What coach is going to risk a starter going down in a meaningless preseason game? ZERO. So Leftwich and Dixon will be playing with the 2nd and 3rd teams. If he plays them with the 1st teamers, this is dumb especially if we lose a starter. Again, the BIG DISTRACTION Is doing just that.

SteelMember
09-01-2010, 10:03 AM

1st off, YOU have no idea what gets said to who, reguardless of color, to anyone in the locker room, or practice facility, or film room. These reporters, who you seem to bash unless they are supporting one of your random points, are only privy to certain info.

I think your theory is garbage.

*FLUSH*

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 10:05 AM
You're so quick to reply in this thread and so SLOW to respond in the thread where I asked you to show me "4 or 5 games with Ben Roethlisberger having elite stats". What is your delay? Didnt you say he was elite? So where are these elite stats? I can show you good stats by our qb all day long but not elite ones. This substantiates my claim that Ben is good and not elite. Yet

StainlessStill
09-01-2010, 10:06 AM
You're so quick to reply in this thread and so SLOW to respond in the thread where I asked you to show me "4 or 5 games with Ben Roethlisberger having elite stats". What is your delay? Didnt you say he was elite? So where are these elite stats? I can show you good stats by our qb all day long but not elite ones. This substantiates my claim that Ben is good and not elite. Yet

Oh f_ck, is any Moderator seeing this? Look at the path this dude wants to go down, AGAIN. EVERY THREAD. Take your shit somewhere else, dude.

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 10:07 AM
1st off, YOU have no idea what gets said to who, reguardless of color, to anyone in the locker room, or practice facility, or film room. These reporters, who you seem to bash unless they are supporting one of your random points, are only privy to certain info.

I think your theory is garbage.

*FLUSH*

You are correct and that is precisely why I asked anyone to show me a comment, a quote, a rumor etc. Help me out bro. Lastly, what reporter did I bash? John Clayton? I sure did, he said some erroneous things about my team in 05. Sorry if I represent MY TEAM instead of just one player.

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Oh f_ck, is any Moderator seeing this? Look at the path this dude wants to go down, AGAIN. EVERY THREAD. Take your shit somewhere else, dude.

This thread is about The Steeler quarterbacks and Tomlin. Last I checked Ben is a qb. Ben is the basis of the article. You can put your hand down now. When a blogger cant refute you they never fail to call the Mods. WOW

StainlessStill
09-01-2010, 10:14 AM
This thread is about The Steeler quarterbacks and Tomlin. Last I checked Ben is a qb. Ben is the basis of the article. You can put your hand down now. When a blogger cant refute you they never fail to call the Mods. WOW

Master manipulator. Listen dude, this thread was started about how the pre-season is handled in the midst of the QB situation we got going on here. Not the tiresome "elite" argument you want to stick into EVERY THREAD you're in. You're like a walking turd always finding a way to inch back up the commode for a second/third/fourth and possibly fifth flush.

SteelMember
09-01-2010, 10:18 AM
You are correct and that is precisely why I asked anyone to show me a comment, a quote, a rumor etc. Help me out bro. Lastly, what reporter did I bash? John Clayton? I sure did, he said some erroneous things about my team in 05. Sorry if I represent MY TEAM instead of just one player.

You don't think he said anything to Reed and Speath after their "night out"?

You don't think he said anything to Reed after his paper towel incident?

You don't think he said anything to Sepulveda after that kick off went out-of-bounds?

If you don't think he ever says anything to Ben, your fooling yourself.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-01-2010, 10:21 AM
While Tomlin was busy talking about How bad Dixon and Lewis played (and I agree). When has he called out any of his white players for playing bad? Hartwig? Ben? Keisel?

I have no problem with a coach calling out those who play badly. In fact I encourage it but I dont like a coach who only does it to the guys who look like him. It shows that he is uncomfortable in his skin. I dont like that.

What ??? really??? Is that a joke come on man. What are even talking about its 2010 good god get it together

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Master manipulator. Listen dude, this thread was started about how the pre-season is handled in the midst of the QB situation we got going on here. Not the tiresome "elite" argument you want to stick into EVERY THREAD you're in. You're like a walking turd always finding a way to inch back up the commode for a second/third/fourth and possibly fifth flush.

I started the thread lol. I made the point that elite qbs dont need the reps and I cited Brady and Manning in my rebuttle. You had no problem responding to that and refuting those points. But when Ben is mentioned and you have no answer you start sounding like a Seahawk fan. Come on bro geeeeez relax. WHY does it matter to you what I think? It sure doesnt matter to me what you guys think? I cant control how you think, all I can do is present my position and rebut the ones that oppose it. Question: What did you do in 09 vs the Browns and 08 vs the Eagles when they kept blitzing us effectively? Do you scream at the TV and call the Commissioner to try to get them to stop? I mean come on guy. I mean REALLY?. Lastly, I forgot to provide the link to my OP so here it is and I agree with Cook wholeheartedly.

http://scrippsnews.com/content/cook-tomlin-has-bungled-steelers-qb-situation

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 10:23 AM
You don't think he said anything to Reed and Speath after their "night out"?

You don't think he said anything to Reed after his paper towel incident?

You don't think he said anything to Sepulveda after that kick off went out-of-bounds?

If you don't think he ever says anything to Ben, your fooling yourself.

The answer to that is I dont know. However, if you can provide me some proof then I wont bring it up again. Honest

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 10:25 AM

What ??? really??? Is that a joke come on man. What are even talking about its 2010 good god get it together

Hey its a theory. I could be wrong in my assessment. Thats why I asked you guys for help. Whats wrong with that?

StainlessStill
09-01-2010, 10:31 AM
I started the thread lol. I made the point that elite qbs dont need the reps and I cited Brady and Manning in my rebuttle. You had no problem responding to that and refuting those points. But when Ben is mentioned and you have no answer you start sounding like a Seahawk fan. Come on bro geeeeez relax. WHY does it matter to you what I think? It sure doesnt matter to me what you guys think? I cant control how you think, all I can do is present my position and rebut the ones that oppose it. Question: What did you do in 09 vs the Browns and 08 vs the Eagles when they kept blitzing us effectively? Do you scream at the TV and call the Commissioner to try to get them to stop? I mean come on guy. I mean REALLY?. Lastly, I forgot to provide the link to my OP so here it is and I agree with Cook wholeheartedly.

http://scrippsnews.com/content/cook-tomlin-has-bungled-steelers-qb-situation

Dude, this is a message board. I really don't care what you think, I just reply to your nonsense opinions that I see you spewing on a daily basis. It isn't just me, looks like everyone is fed up with your dumbass logistics that simply has no room for debate when you seriously think you know everything when you post a "stat" or another opinion of a sports writer doing the same exact thing we do on here and you label it as one of your "facts."

Your boner for this proving Ben isn't elite crap needs to end, it's getting old and sickening having to see if in every thread. Someone could make a thread talking about Jack Lambert and you'd want to post your shit as to how Jack Lambert's way of football proves that Ben is just good and not elite. If you had some worthy logistical material that's debatable and don't come off as a know it all, then you'd be cool but your head is obviously bigger than what you think with your copy and pastes.

Every message board has a turd going over the same stuff over and over to make a point. You happen to be that turd with this subject.

SteelCityMom
09-01-2010, 10:36 AM

Quoted for truth.

The same people who are bashing Tomlin's decision to play Ben in the preseason are the same ones who would bash him if he didn't play Ben in the preseason and Ben did poorly. Damned if you do, damned if you don't with many Steelers fans. It's been that way for a LONG time.

As to your other point about Manning when he was injured and missed preseason, you are absolutely correct. He played horribly at the beginning of the season. He played so badly for a while, that people weren't sure if the Colts were even going to make the playoffs. While they ended up 12-4, that was due to a comeback that not everybody thought was possible. They were 4-4 halfway through the season. Can you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if Ben only wins half of the first 8 games he plays when he comes back? If this happens I guarantee, even though Ben got some preseason snaps, some will say that he didn't get enough and blame Tomlin for it. Guarantee it.

And even in that time, at least Manning had the luxury of being able to study game tape from preseason. Ben will not be able to do even that. He's going to work out for 4 weeks with college level receivers who didn't make the cut and high school students. Of course any time he can get with his actual receivers and line is precious right now. ANY quarterback, elite or not, will tell you the same thing.

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Dude, this is a message board. I really don't care what you think, I just reply to your nonsense opinions that I see you spewing on a daily basis. It isn't just me, looks like everyone is fed up with your dumbass logistics that simply has no room for debate when you seriously think you know everything when you post a "stat" or another opinion of a sports writer doing the same exact thing we do on here and you label it as one of your "facts."

Your boner for this proving Ben isn't elite crap needs to end, it's getting old and sickening having to see if in every thread. Someone could make a thread talking about Jack Lambert and you'd want to post your shit as to how Jack Lambert's way of football proves that Ben is just good and not elite. If you had some worthy logistical material that's debatable and don't come off as a know it all, then you'd be cool but your head is obviously bigger than what you think with your copy and pastes.

Every message board has a turd going over the same stuff over and over to make a point. You happen to be that turd with this subject.

If guys like you would stop responding to the cotrary I would have no one to talk to now woud I?

StainlessStill
09-01-2010, 10:43 AM
If guys like you would stop responding to the cotrary I would have no one to talk to now woud I?

I admire the passion we ALL have for the Steelers and for the game. I actually like reading your posts outside of the same 'ol same 'ol that has been spewing over and over again the past few days. At this point, there's nothing else that could be argued about during this subject.

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Quoted for truth.

The same people who are bashing Tomlin's decision to play Ben in the preseason are the same ones who would bash him if he didn't play Ben in the preseason and Ben did poorly. Damned if you do, damned if you don't with many Steelers fans. It's been that way for a LONG time.

As to your other point about Manning when he was injured and missed preseason, you are absolutely correct. He played horribly at the beginning of the season. He played so badly for a while, that people weren't sure if the Colts were even going to make the playoffs. While they ended up 12-4, that was due to a comeback that not everybody thought was possible. They were 4-4 halfway through the season. Can you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if Ben only wins half of the first 8 games he plays when he comes back? If this happens I guarantee, even though Ben got some preseason snaps, some will say that he didn't get enough and blame Tomlin for it. Guarantee it.

And even in that time, at least Manning had the luxury of being able to study game tape from preseason. Ben will not be able to do even that. He's going to work out for 4 weeks with college level receivers who didn't make the cut and high school students. Of course any time he can get with his actual receivers and line is precious right now. ANY quarterback, elite or not, will tell you the same thing.

Peyton struggled due to being injured. He couldnt push off and get leverage on that knee. Had nothing to do with reps. It had everything to do with the injury throwing off his mechanics. If you dont buy that then you are making my point. If the great Manning needs reps then so does Leftwich. Who do you think needs the most reps Ben or Byron? I say an emphatic BYRON

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 10:46 AM
I admire the passion we ALL have for the Steelers and for the game. I actually like reading your posts outside of the same 'ol same 'ol that has been spewing over and over again the past few days. At this point, there's nothing else that could be argued about during this subject.

And I like yours. Honestly, do you think I'm actually sitting here saying "This guy is an idiot". No sir. You make some GOOD points but I really think you misunderstand my stance on Ben. I would be fool to say he isnt good. I never say that. But Ben is not above criticism. Do I criticize him too much? Maybe you have some validity to that statement and I will take it into account and back off of my hard stance. Is that fair?

StainlessStill
09-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Peyton struggled due to being injured. He couldnt push off and get leverage on that knee. Had nothing to do with reps. It had everything to do with the injury throwing off his mechanics. If you dont buy that then you are making my point. If the great Manning needs reps then so does Leftwich. Who do you think needs the most reps Ben or Byron? I say an emphatic BYRON

Uhhhhhhhh, he has been getting more reps. Have you NOT been watching? Ben hasn't had THAT much time anyhow. Byron got some extended playing time, as well as Dixon and that will continue into the 4th game. Tomlin has done well givin a mind-boggling situation.

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Byron hasnt gotten many reps with the 1st team. Not as many as he needs. Ben knows that offense in and out, Byron does not.

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-01-2010, 06:28 PM
I dont see any quote and I'm ignorant? Ok (wink)

Answer: JEFF REED

Next idiotic post from DOWN BY LAW....

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-01-2010, 06:34 PM
And I like yours.

Okay, put your "precious" away now....

Honestly, do you think I'm actually sitting here saying "This guy is an idiot".

In all honesty-- we really don't care. You can call Tomlin an idiot all you want-- he is a Supwerbowl-winning head coach in the NFL, you're just a chucklehead with an attitude and a keyboard....your opinion weighs......0.

I would be fool to say he isnt good. I never say that.

You must be a fool then-- there has been at least a dozen threads in the just the last month alone, that you have invaded to drop your usual "Ben sucks shtick".

But Ben is not above criticism. Do I criticize him too much? Maybe you have some validity to that statement and I will take it into account and back off of my hard stance. Is that fair?

Can't you just leave and find a different message board to troll instead? I think that if it came down to a member vote, you would be unanimously and unceremoniously jettisoned out the back door from this forum....

MasterOfPuppets
09-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Can't you just leave and find a different message board to troll instead? I think that if it came down to a member vote, you would be unanimously and unceremoniously jettisoned out the back door from this forum....
http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/images/smilies/tclaw.gif

ricardisimo
09-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Wait for it... wait for it...

chacha
09-01-2010, 07:57 PM
:popcorn: when does the show start?

stb_steeler
09-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Not until this guy shows up!

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 09:28 PM

In all honesty-- we really don't care. You can call Tomlin an idiot all you want-- he is a Supwerbowl-winning head coach in the NFL, you're just a chucklehead with an attitude and a keyboard....your opinion weighs......0.

You must be a fool then-- there has been at least a dozen threads in the just the last month alone, that you have invaded to drop your usual "Ben sucks shtick".

Somebody is upset. You wont find any post by me saying Ben isnt good. Go find one. I'll wait.

Downbylaw
09-01-2010, 09:30 PM
http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/images/smilies/tclaw.gif

So would Jesus Christ but that doesnt mean that Jesus was wrong now did it? It just means that the masses didnt like his message. Not EVER trying to compare myself to Jesus, just making a point that the masses did NOT like him. Means nothinig. The popular vote doesnt mean its the right vote.

ricardisimo
09-01-2010, 09:43 PM
... and there you have it. :hatsoff:

mikegrimey
09-02-2010, 01:36 AM

I can't believe how many of you still fall for his game over and over and over again.

This is a guy that has some intellect but only argues facts or intellect when it suits him.
In a previous thread I spanked him up and down with facts and empirical knowledge as to whether or not Ben's suspension was ethical. When the facts break down this guy falls back on emotion and religious paranoia to explain his beliefs.
For example, he argued that Ben's behavior was inappropriate because
A. He allegedly had his wang out in a bar
B. Perving around women is immoral

I refuted both of these claims, mentioning that there is no factual evidence that Ben had his wang out. His response: "why don't you just say your opinion is he didn't have his wang out". What he fails to realize is that my OPINION means nothing, the facts are what count.

I also showed how moral subjectivity has no place in the justice system or NFL unless it is regulated fairly across the board. Sleeping and partying with a lot of women isn't illegal, so you shouldn't be punished for it. His response: it's wrong in the eyes of God and you wouldn't want your daughter doing that. Basically "Think of the children." I explaiend how religious beliefs can't be used as an excuse to punish people and violates the basic princniples our country was found on.

Notice how he feigns to believe in facts and statistics but when they don't favor his argument he falls back on sentimental hogwash like "think of the children" or "thats' like your opinion mannnn"

Such a person is immature and unable to admit when they're wrong. It's best to just ignore the foolishness and make him realize that there's nothing dishonorable about admitting a mistake.

ricardisimo
09-02-2010, 01:49 AM
You're only saying that because he speaks an uncomfortable truth... you know, like Jesus Christ.

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 05:33 AM
Exactly

DanRooney
09-02-2010, 06:00 AM
The jury is still out on Tomlin in my opinion. I'm still not exactly sure what his role is on the team. He's a defensive minded coach but I'm sure he lets Dick have complete control of the scheme but I can't don't blame him for that. However, as a former DB coach you would think he would improve our secondary but it seems to be getting worse and worse. So bad to the point that he has to bring back Cowher's boys to make up for it. You can say he's a SB winning coach all you want, but the Steelers were already a SB winning team before he came. Without Ben, we weren't.

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 06:04 AM
I can't believe how many of you still fall for his game over and over and over again.

This is a guy that has some intellect but only argues facts or intellect when it suits him.
In a previous thread I spanked him up and down with facts and empirical knowledge as to whether or not Ben's suspension was ethical. When the facts break down this guy falls back on emotion and religious paranoia to explain his beliefs.
For example, he argued that Ben's behavior was inappropriate because
A. He allegedly had his wang out in a bar
B. Perving around women is immoral

I refuted both of these claims, mentioning that there is no factual evidence that Ben had his wang out. His response: "why don't you just say your opinion is he didn't have his wang out". What he fails to realize is that my OPINION means nothing, the facts are what count.

I also showed how moral subjectivity has no place in the justice system or NFL unless it is regulated fairly across the board. Sleeping and partying with a lot of women isn't illegal, so you shouldn't be punished for it. His response: it's wrong in the eyes of God and you wouldn't want your daughter doing that. Basically "Think of the children." I explaiend how religious beliefs can't be used as an excuse to punish people and violates the basic princniples our country was found on.

Notice how he feigns to believe in facts and statistics but when they don't favor his argument he falls back on sentimental hogwash like "think of the children" or "thats' like your opinion mannnn"

Such a person is immature and unable to admit when they're wrong. It's best to just ignore the foolishness and make him realize that there's nothing dishonorable about admitting a mistake.

This individual must agree with what I have said because he revisits an old post to I guess, highlight a principle. It is easy to live after the world's opinion, it is easy in solitude to live after your own but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of his own mind.
Is that your goal to spank me? You just try to dazzle the crowd with dellusional retorts that mean nothing.I understand the dynamics here. Truth is too simple for us, we do not like those who unmask our illusions. I asked you to explain why Ben didnt DENY he had his wang out. He denied the rape, why not that. I also told you how she DESCRIBED it. Now, again, how would she know? Ben admitted to NO sexual interocourse just contact. Ok fine, then how could she describe it if she hadnt seen it? How come ben didnt deny it, if It didnt happen? You are the one that resorted to name calling (That is the equivalent to the bugle blowing). You said I lost a debate or something like that, When the heart weeps for what it has lost, the spirit laughs for what it has found. Great men are they who see that spiritual is stronger than any material force, You dont share those thoughts and that is fine. But for me, I would rather be punished by Goodell or the police, than punished by the All Mighty. Some perspective.

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 06:13 AM
The jury is still out on Tomlin in my opinion. I'm still not exactly sure what his role is on the team. He's a defensive minded coach but I'm sure he lets Dick have complete control of the scheme but I can't don't blame him for that. However, as a former DB coach you would think he would improve our secondary but it seems to be getting worse and worse. So bad to the point that he has to bring back Cowher's boys to make up for it. You can say he's a SB winning coach all you want, but the Steelers were already a SB winning team before he came. Without Ben, we weren't.

One thing I will give Tomlin credit for is improving our Dbs and he has. Those Dbs in the Cowher era SUCKED. Willie Williams, Dwayne Washington, Figures, Chad Scott, D. Perry (OMG I remember him in one on one coverage vs the Raiders as Gannon was lighting us up. EMBARRASING). Ike Taylor is much improved in the Tomlin era. He cant catch but you cant teach that but now Ike shadows the opposing teams best receiver. Sure he has mental lapses and gets beat but thats going to happen when you are guarding the main guy. Like Tomlin says when Ben screws up "Every know and then a gunslinger gets shot". The Dbs are much Better under Tomlin. Tomlin inherited a 10-6 team. I just dont understand that logic at all. Let me get this right. Cowher gets the credit for the wins but Tomlin gets the blame for the loses. Can someone explain that double standard to me? To experience Tomlins worth to the team you MUST go to a LIVE Steelers game and you will see that NO NFL coach vibes and interacts with his players like Tomlin. That is one of the reasons the NFL players voted him the second Coach they want to play for (Bellicheat 1st). To see Tomlin live is special. I have my issues with the guy but go to a Live game and you will quickly get on board.

steeltheone
09-02-2010, 11:55 AM
One thing I will give Tomlin credit for is improving our Dbs and he has. Those Dbs in the Cowher era SUCKED. Willie Williams, Dwayne Washington, Figures, Chad Scott, D. Perry (OMG I remember him in one on one coverage vs the Raiders as Gannon was lighting us up. EMBARRASING). Ike Taylor is much improved in the Tomlin era. He cant catch but you cant teach that but now Ike shadows the opposing teams best receiver

Darren Perry bad? Are you crazy? he seemed to always be in the right place at the right time. All time great? no, but a very sound player.
Ike taylor was shadowing recievers under Cowher too. He just could not catch then either. His progression is due to experience.
I really so no difference in our DBs from Cowher to Tomlin. Ike, Troy, Mcf, Clark, Townson, Carter were all Cowher players. Who has Tomlin in 3 years added to the mix?

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 12:26 PM
One thing I will give Tomlin credit for is improving our Dbs and he has. Those Dbs in the Cowher era SUCKED. Willie Williams, Dwayne Washington, Figures, Chad Scott, D. Perry (OMG I remember him in one on one coverage vs the Raiders as Gannon was lighting us up. EMBARRASING). Ike Taylor is much improved in the Tomlin era. He cant catch but you cant teach that but now Ike shadows the opposing teams best receiver

Darren Perry bad? Are you crazy? he seemed to always be in the right place at the right time. All time great? no, but a very sound player.
Ike taylor was shadowing recievers under Cowher too. He just could not catch then either. His progression is due to experience.
I really so no difference in our DBs from Cowher to Tomlin. Ike, Troy, Mcf, Clark, Townson, Carter were all Cowher players. Who has Tomlin in 3 years added to the mix?

Perry was a bum. Good vs the run but garbage in pass coverage. Ike was NOT shadowing people under Cowher. Ike was BENCHED under Cowher. When he started he stayed on one side. Chad Scott on the other. I see difference in the Dbs. Teams used to pass on us more under Cowher. It was in the gameplan. Ike and Troy BOTH prefer Tomlin and why is that? Who has Tomlin added to the mix? Certainly not in Bums like Morey, Spaeth, Arnold Harrison, Did you mention Tyrone Carter like he is good? lol
Tomlin had added, Keenan Lewis, Burnette, Woodley, Mendenhall, Mike Wallace, Pouncey, A. Brown, E. Sanders, Deebo was on the bench under Cowher, Ziggy Hood,DwyerC. Butler, Timmons, Dennis Dixon etc. I think Tomlin has done GREAT in assessing talent and loading our team with depth. This is one of the areas he excells in. Of course Kevin Colbert gets the credit for the good players and Tomlin gets credit for the bad ones. Dont mention Cowher the Choker to me. You think I ride Ben? I was three times worse on that BUM Kordell Stewart. Cowher should have gotten fired for starting that BUM.

mikegrimey
09-02-2010, 02:02 PM
You're only saying that because he speaks an uncomfortable truth... you know, like Jesus Christ.

Haha

That's an apt comparison for this guy who's religious zealotry won't let him use common sense sometimes.
It's not like everything he says is off base, but he clearly on relies on the facts when they favor his argument, as soon as they don't he backs off into opinion and sentimentality. Sadly the people he targets are just slower than him.

steeltheone
09-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Perry was a bum. Good vs the run but garbage in pass coverage. Ike was NOT shadowing people under Cowher. Ike was BENCHED under Cowher. When he started he stayed on one side. Chad Scott on the other. I see difference in the Dbs. Teams used to pass on us more under Cowher. It was in the gameplan. Ike and Troy BOTH prefer Tomlin and why is that? Who has Tomlin added to the mix? Certainly not in Bums like Morey, Spaeth, Arnold Harrison, Did you mention Tyrone Carter like he is good? lol
Tomlin had added, Keenan Lewis, Burnette, Woodley, Mendenhall, Mike Wallace, Pouncey, A. Brown, E. Sanders, Deebo was on the bench under Cowher, Ziggy Hood,DwyerC. Butler, Timmons, Dennis Dixon etc. I think Tomlin has done GREAT in assessing talent and loading our team with depth. This is one of the areas he excells in. Of course Kevin Colbert gets the credit for the good players and Tomlin gets credit for the bad ones. Dont mention Cowher the Choker to me. You think I ride Ben? I was three times worse on that BUM Kordell Stewart. Cowher should have gotten fired for starting that BUM.

All the dbs i listed were Cowher dbs. I have asked you what DBs Tomlin has added to the mix?
You then continue to say everything from Wallace to Dwyer. The original argument was on how much better our dbs are. I see No improvement in the db area.
Also Spaeth was a Tomlin pick.

chacha
09-02-2010, 05:24 PM
It is easy to live after the world's opinion, it is easy in solitude to live after your own but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of his own mind.

And a day without sunshine is like...night.

LukesDad88
09-02-2010, 06:36 PM
The purpose of camp and the preseason is to prepare for the season, not just the first four games. A good backup traditionally would get few snaps during camp and no snaps in games with the first team in camp, yet is expected to be able to at least compete within a week if the starter goes down.

If there was no suspension, and Ben got all the snaps, would you be upset that the backup got too few snaps if Ben went down week 1 with a hammy and was out for 4 weeks?

The only mistake they've made with this whole thing is not giving Batch a shot.

ricardisimo
09-02-2010, 07:15 PM
One thing I will give Tomlin credit for is improving our Dbs and he has. Those Dbs in the Cowher era SUCKED.

Ummm... does the name Rod Woodson mean anything to you?

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 09:23 PM
All the dbs i listed were Cowher dbs. I have asked you what DBs Tomlin has added to the mix?
You then continue to say everything from Wallace to Dwyer. The original argument was on how much better our dbs are. I see No improvement in the db area.
Also Spaeth was a Tomlin pick.

Our Dbs are better than the Cowher Dbs. Faster, Bigger and more athletic. I named several Tomlin Dbs if you dont recognize their names, feel free to pick up a program. Dbs, Lbs etc. Tomlin has had way better drafts than Cowher (Kordell HAHAHAHA)

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 09:25 PM
The purpose of camp and the preseason is to prepare for the season, not just the first four games. A good backup traditionally would get few snaps during camp and no snaps in games with the first team in camp, yet is expected to be able to at least compete within a week if the starter goes down.

If there was no suspension, and Ben got all the snaps, would you be upset that the backup got too few snaps if Ben went down week 1 with a hammy and was out for 4 weeks?

The only mistake they've made with this whole thing is not giving Batch a shot.

I made my premise based on the suspension. You see what happened tonight. Ben got the reps with the 1st team and Lefty comes in with a couple replacements and gets hurt. The guy thats starting for you gets patchwork line. Way to go Tomlin. GEEEZ

tony hipchest
09-02-2010, 09:31 PM
I made my premise based on the suspension. You see what happened tonight. Ben got the reps with the 1st team and Lefty comes in with a couple replacements and gets hurt. The guy thats starting for you gets patchwork line. Way to go Tomlin. GEEEZare you kidding? ben got sacked 2 of the 1st three plays.

byron woulda been KO'd even sooner playing behind them. chrlie batch gets KO'd EVERY time he plays behind them.

some people just dont learn. :doh:

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 09:37 PM
are you kidding? ben got sacked 2 of the 1st three plays.

byron woulda been KO'd even sooner playing behind them. chrlie batch gets KO'd EVERY time he plays behind them.

some people just dont learn. :doh:

I know he did, its the story of his career. He is slow to process the information as I have said countless times. Ben being pressured is not news. Byron is not known to take a lot of sacks. Ben is. I saw Batch throw 31 passes vs the Ravens and not take one sack. In KC last season, he didnt take one sack. He got hurt falling down after he was tripped by Mewelde.

tony hipchest
09-02-2010, 09:52 PM
byron IS known for getting his knee jacked up and having teams release him multiple times. :hunch:

i have yet to see dixon get hit, regardless of how many times batch fractures his wrist tripping over shoe laces.

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 10:04 PM
byron IS known for getting his knee jacked up and having teams release him multiple times. :hunch:

i have yet to see dixon get hit, regardless of how many times batch fractures his wrist tripping over shoe laces.

Has nothing to do with original conversation.Leftwich is not known to take sacks. He has a long windup so he has to make quick decision. Ben is known to have rape allegations. I would rather be released multiple times than have that crap on my name. True or false its still a bad rap. You're wrong again. Batch will start week 1. Book it

cloppbeast
09-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Batch will start week 1. Book it

Yeah, the guy that took like 4 reps with the first team in camp is gonna start? Sorry, I'm not booking it.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Dixon. It was obviously a two man competition to begin with.

tony hipchest
09-02-2010, 10:10 PM
i agree. i aint booking anything Clownbylaw says. :party:

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah, the guy that took like 4 reps with the first team in camp is gonna start? Sorry, I'm not booking it.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Dixon. It was obviously a two man competition to begin with.

Tomlin said in the beginning that he would get the least amount of reps because he takes the least amount of time to get ready. Hes a veteran. Time will tell. And you know Tomlin wont let the cat out of the hat either.

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 10:11 PM
i agree. i aint booking anything Clownbylaw says. :party:

I dont expect you to. lol

cloppbeast
09-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Tomlin said in the beginning that he would get the least amount of reps because he takes the least amount of time to get ready. Hes a veteran. Time will tell. And you know Tomlin wont let the cat out of the hat either.

Why did Charlie Batch only throw it 4 times if Tomlin was trying to give him reps?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-02-2010, 10:16 PM

How convenient that now you trust Tomlin. You have questioned every move he has made in the QB competion this preseason but now you decide to believe him.

ricardisimo
09-02-2010, 10:47 PM

Huh?
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/The-Cat-in-the-Hat-dr--seuss-54085_306_579.gifhttp://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/cat_hat.jpg
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/funny-pictures-cat-wears-wizard-hat.jpg
http://heystupid.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/book-it.jpg

Shea
09-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Is DBL the new idiot, whiny bitch or is that title still mine?

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Why did Charlie Batch only throw it 4 times if Tomlin was trying to give him reps?

He would be a fool to risk losing another qb. DUUUUUUUUUUH

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 11:05 PM
How convenient that now you trust Tomlin. You have questioned every move he has made in the QB competion this preseason but now you decide to believe him.

And I STILL question it. Please see the thread where I defended him in regards to out draftng Cowher and how he mad an improvement to our Dbs. Also, see how I asked the question "how does Tomlin get the blame for the losses but yet cowher gets the credit for the wins but not the loses". You see I dont play favorites, I'm just like Howard Cossel. I tell it like it is. Youre wrong again. Keep trying though.... I know you will. WINK

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Huh?
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/The-Cat-in-the-Hat-dr--seuss-54085_306_579.gifhttp://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/cat_hat.jpg
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/funny-pictures-cat-wears-wizard-hat.jpg

nice

ricardisimo
09-02-2010, 11:07 PM

Your bloody reign has come to an end... bitch.

zulater
09-02-2010, 11:07 PM
And I STILL question it. Please see the thread where I defended him in regards to out draftng Cowher and how he mad an improvement to our Dbs. Also, see how I asked the question "how does Tomlin get the blame for the losses but yet cowher gets the credit for the wins but not the loses". You see I dont play favorites, I'm just like Howard Cossel. I tell it like it is. Youre wrong again. Keep trying though.... I know you will. WINK

Your ego's comparable to Cosell anyway.

Shea
09-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Your bloody reign has come to an end... bitch.

I knew if I hung in there long enough that this day would come.

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Your ego's comparable to Cosell anyway.

Why thank you sir

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Oh and for those of you who were telling me (In the game chat) that I was wrong about backups being in the game when Lefty got hurt. Just confirmed Legursky and Scott were in the game. Scott is the guy who hit his knee. So my statement that two non starters were in is spot on. What else did you expect from me?

WAY TO GO TOMLIN!!!!

StainlessStill
09-02-2010, 11:25 PM

I was at the game tonight and to me, it was pretty obvious that after Lefty went down, he wanted to escape the rest of the game injury free and not risk harm to Charlie dropping back and taking hits. Just my observation but god damn do we have bad luck. Here's hoping Goodell gives 3. We need Ben more than ever.

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Dont count on it

tony hipchest
09-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Huh?

:thumbsup:

you never even came close.

i envy those who still have the ability to place Clownbylaw on ignore.

unfortunately, as mod, i gotta patrol his trollings. :dang:

mikegrimey
09-02-2010, 11:46 PM
In regards to Batch needing reps. I don't think it's THAT big of a deal if they plan to start him. He's come in before with little time to prepare and played OK. Plus they really didn't want to risk an injury to an injury prone guy like Batch.

Downbylaw
09-03-2010, 04:00 AM
:thumbsup:

you never even came close.

i envy those who still have the ability to place Clownbylaw on ignore.

unfortunately, as mod, i gotta patrol his trollings. :dang:

Mod Squad