PDA

View Full Version : Johnson Rips Steelers Jersey

SteelerDan43
02-23-2006, 06:31 PM
From ESPN Uni Watch...

Bengals WR Chad Johnson recently appeared on the Howard Stern Show and was asked, "Don't you think your team has an ugly uniform?" To which Johnson replied, "Actually, our team has the best uniforms. Who else has stripes on their helmet? That stands out more than anybody else." He also opined that the Steelers look "so 1920-ish." Johnson's entitled to his opinions, but Uni Watch humbly suggests that he isn't exactly in a position to be making aesthetic pronouncements (with thanks to Vince Vincenzo). …

Link... http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/060214

SteelerDan43
02-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Also fun tid bit of info from Uni Watch... Because of the Steelers logo patch we were the first team to wear the Superbowl patch on the other side... Same Link

Suitanim
02-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Actually, it's important to consider the point of view...Chad Johnson has all gold teeth, which, at least in my book, pretty much equates to covering your furniture with plastic...but people with plastic covered furniture think it looks good. Who's right? Who's wrong?

All I know is that the VAST majority of people don't have gold teeth, don't cover their furniture in plastic, and don't cheer for teams with ugly-assed tiger stripes on their helmets.

melroseplace
02-23-2006, 07:50 PM
a kid in one of my classes has a couple gold teeth, which obviously made me think of Chad. I don't understand the purpose. whatever floats your boat I guess...

oh and on him ripping on the Steelers jerseys, saying they're "1920-ish"...the Steelers are a classic team. we're not out to be flashy or attract attention for anything other than the way we play football. I guess some people just need crazy helmets or gold teeth for attention :rolleyes:

steelers07
02-23-2006, 08:59 PM
From ESPN Uni Watch...

Bengals WR Chad Johnson recently appeared on the Howard Stern Show and was asked, "Don't you think your team has an ugly uniform?" To which Johnson replied, "Actually, our team has the best uniforms. Who else has stripes on their helmet? That stands out more than anybody else." He also opined that the Steelers look "so 1920-ish." Johnson's entitled to his opinions, but Uni Watch humbly suggests that he isn't exactly in a position to be making aesthetic pronouncements (with thanks to Vince Vincenzo). ?

Oh my heavens!! He really needs a mirror check!! The bengals look like they are dressing up for halloween during football season! Chad Johson needs to get a life he is just pissed that we beat the shit outta his team! Since he can't comment on our game because he knows we are a better team! The only thing he can state is about our uniform!! MUAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA! I'll take that along with a side order of shut the **** up!!

bigbensrose
02-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Well Chad........Like they say.......Better to ACT stupid than to open your mouth and PROVE it.

CantStop85
02-23-2006, 09:43 PM
From ESPN Uni Watch...

Bengals WR Chad Johnson recently appeared on the Howard Stern Show and was asked, "Don't you think your team has an ugly uniform?" To which Johnson replied, "Actually, our team has the best uniforms. Who else has stripes on their helmet? That stands out more than anybody else." He also opined that the Steelers look "so 1920-ish." Johnson's entitled to his opinions, but Uni Watch humbly suggests that he isn't exactly in a position to be making aesthetic pronouncements (with thanks to Vince Vincenzo). ?

I think you have to be a bengals fan to like the uniforms. I personally like them...of course I like outrageous things. The old jerseys I didn't like so much, but the new ones are nice. The white ones are pretty sharp and the orange ones are pretty entertaining. It was funny when we were playing a game near halloween and we were wearing the orange jerseys, the commentators kept saying that the offensive linemen looked like big pumpkins. :bouncy:

XxKnightxX
02-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Although i will NEVER wear one, they are good jerseys and they cant match with a lot of things. The thing with me is that I wear jerseys according to the sport and not its fashion. Just ask the "fans" that aft the divisional round had a plax jersey on and another one bought a randle el jersey. Not smart my friend.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-24-2006, 02:23 PM
I buy my jerseys according to the team,and sometimes a certain player that I really like.Otherwise,you'll only see me wearing jerseys of my favorite teams,not whatever jersey is popular.

Motley Nate
02-24-2006, 05:53 PM
I own a fair amount of jerseys, however they are usually relegated to my favorite player or team. I'm trying to collect each style of Lebron James jerseys available as a collector's-type of deal. I own various Chad, Carson, Odell and Rudi jerseys. Tack in a few Ohio State jerseys and a few of the remaining Indians jerseys I have left.

I like the Bengals jerseys, mostly because I'm a fan. I prefer the orange jersey / black pant or all white. Worst jersey BY FAR in the NFL are the Baltimore Ravens jerseys. The Seahawks also have a tradition of horrid jerseys. Not a big fan of the Dolphins jerseys either.

Suitanim
02-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I also own a ton of jerseys, and I'd have to say the gaudiest and most garish jersey I own is a red Indians jersey with yellow pinstripes...If I ever found myself bedecked in orange/black tiger stripes, I'd tell the nearest person to me to punch me in the face...and punch me HARD!

SteelerDan43
02-24-2006, 07:00 PM
You wana hear about pain?? My schools official colors are brown and orange, we are the tigers and the atletic programs are orange and black! I guess its better than black and purple though!

Suitanim
02-24-2006, 07:29 PM
But they don't make you wear all kinds of gay stripes, do they?

SteelerDan43
02-24-2006, 07:35 PM
No we dont have to wear the gay tiger stripes, our hockey uniforms are the orange Philly ones with the RIT tiger head logo. Our student gov. president is trying to pressure the athletic director to change atletics to the official school colors of brown and orange and use black as an alternate color ala Duke. All I got to say is if I have to wear a brown speedo I'm gonna be pissed.

tony hipchest
02-24-2006, 08:15 PM
I also own a ton of jerseys, and I'd have to say the gaudiest and most garish jersey I own is a red Indians jersey with yellow pinstripes...If I ever found myself bedecked in orange/black tiger stripes, I'd tell the nearest person to me to punch me in the face...and punch me HARD! me too. i came across a CHAMPS in the mall that had some great clearance deals for players leaving their teams. 10 bucks. but i had to pass on the dillon and mccaffrey, and snagged up the lynch and sapp.

anyways its not often you find authentic reebok silkscreened jerseys for a $10 but wouldnt be caught dead in a bengals or broncos.

CantStop85
02-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Personally, I don't like the raiders jerseys...they're just so...bland.

SalukiSteelers
02-27-2006, 01:33 PM
I like Pittsburgh's classicly understated uni's. They're not flashy. They represent the team and the city. Coolest uni's, though, are the powder blue Chargers' throwbacks w/the lightning bolt helmets. Worst uni's are the throwback Packers, Bears and Steelers uni's. Those things are just butt-ugly. As for CJ, I'm pretty sure those SB XL patches on our team's gear make them more attractive. Orange and black? Looks like Cincy is celebrating Halloween year-round. I guess they think they are disguised as a football team.

blackngoldbaby
02-27-2006, 03:48 PM
THE STEELERS BY FAR HAVE THE BEST UNIFORMS AND THE BUNGALS ORGANIZATION DONT HAVE ANY TASTE WHAT SO EVER THEY R SOOOOOOOOOO UGLY INSIDE AND OUT LOL BUT U GOTTA KNOW THATS JUST THE BUNGLES !

CantStop85
02-27-2006, 07:31 PM
THE STEELERS BY FAR HAVE THE BEST UNIFORMS AND THE BUNGALS ORGANIZATION DONT HAVE ANY TASTE WHAT SO EVER THEY R SOOOOOOOOOO UGLY INSIDE AND OUT LOL BUT U GOTTA KNOW THATS JUST THE BUNGLES !
Eh, it's all about the perspective...if you were a Bengals fan, you would be saying that the Bengals have the best uniforms more than likely.

I don't think the Bengals have the best uniforms although they are pretty flashy...and I don't think they have the worst uniforms either.

FisherMOM
02-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Chad Chad Chad.. nothing surprises me from him.

The Bengals Jersey are way too flashy... absolutely!
Steelers jerseys ROCK!

bengalsfan21
02-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Actually, it's important to consider the point of view...Chad Johnson has all gold teeth.

Correct but he does not have yellow teeth to match the steelers jersey :dang:

HburgXL06
03-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Consider this:

The Steelers Jersey is basic. Black, Gold, simple white letters, gold names and a logo on the left shoulder.

1. Black is a color of mysteriousness/unknown. Whenever something is black you obviously cannot see in or through it. This means that you do not know what that object contains or what its full potential is. Humans in general are scared of the unknown and this can be attributed as why black is so often a color of intimidation.

2. Gold. The color of winners. The reason gold is valued more than silver is not only because it is a more rarely found metal but also because it does not tarnish. It remains bright and untainted no matter what environment it is in. It is interchangeable as a symbol of winning/victory. If you want to be a literal assh*le with me and tell me the color is actually yellow fine, I'll argue that case too. Yellow is a color of caution and warning. It trigures the mind to stop and survey its surroundings to ensure safety. It is the color of alarm. School buses are painted yellow so that everyone notices them on the road and uses caution around them. The same can be said on the football field, use caution.

Adding this combination up makes it so that the Steelers are unknown and therefore intimidating and to be feared. Our uniform is highlighted with gold which is of high value and untainted. On the field the gold may appear to be yellow so use extreme caution when encountering this team.

The numbers are plain and simple: White so that if you know your players your can easily find them on the field. The logo on the shoulder is so everyone on the field and in the stadium knows for sure who they are playing before they get run over. The names are in gold so that it contrasts with the letters and are easier to read.

The helmets are simple: Black again with a gold line down the center from front to back and the Steelers logo, which actually has real meaning outside of football for the steel industry and the city, on the right side only so anyone can tell which way the Steelers are plowing down the field.

Go ahead and try to find a problem with the Steelers' uniforms. While so many teams, including the bengals, have to make themselves stand out with antics/dancing and wild uniforms and logos the Steelers get it done simple and effective. It's gotten us 5 rings so far which is more than most of the wild teams, again including the bengals, can say.

chad johnson, please go to a dentist. Your teeth have turned yellow and any good Crest kid can tell you that you're supposed to brush at least twice a day to prevent that. If you're not careful they are going to turn orange to match your ugly uniform. If you were more up to date you would realize that it's not cool to just have gold in your mouth, you need diamonds too. The Steelers don't need to put jewelry in their mouths, because their sparkle is in their eyes and on their fingers!

Peace.

BuFu

Mr. Clean
03-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Old, re-hashed point - the Steelers' block numbers look better than the current Chicago Bears-style round numbers. The current numbers look like they came off of an Interstate road sign.

The Bengals look like Tootsie Rolls. The Seahawks' jerseys are awful. The Browns have always been ugly.