PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Gotten....

XxKnightxX
02-23-2006, 09:51 PM
That subscription promotion for Sports Illustrated along with the steelers DVD, Book and Authentic football??? Give any comments if you had it or knows someone who has it because i seriously feel like getting that offer.

Steelillini
02-23-2006, 10:14 PM
I ordered it but have not gotten any of the Steelers stuff yet.........said it would be 4-6 weeks. I did however get the first SI issue today----article on Swann running for Gov of PA

XxKnightxX
02-23-2006, 10:42 PM
That oughta be intriguing for the state of PA. I heard that the current governor is a diehard eagles fan. It will be nice if the Steelers took over PA.

Man_Of_Steel
02-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Don't get suckered into that deal from SI. All they want is your money. There are plenty of Super Bowl magazines/books out there. Wal Mart has a nice one I'm going to pick up, it's $12 or something like that. It has tons of color pictures from the SB.

Zez
02-23-2006, 11:47 PM
Don't get suckered into that deal from SI. All they want is your money. There are plenty of Super Bowl magazines/books out there. Wal Mart has a nice one I'm going to pick up, it's $12 or something like that. It has tons of color pictures from the SB.

It is not that bad. The subscription is $90, plus you get the book, DVD, and football. That is easily a $60 value.

So you are really paying $30 for 52 issues of SI. Not bad. Can't wait for mine to arrive, I already ordered it.

WWIIOwheelz
02-24-2006, 12:23 AM
I ordered it as soon as it was available, have already started receiving my SIs again, and I'll be the first to say, that's pretty cool to have every week.

None of the bonus stuff yet, will report once I do, but I don't see how I could be disappointed.

PisnNapalm
02-24-2006, 06:07 AM
I ordered it a couple hours after the Super Bowl. I figired the football, dvd and book were about $60 - $70 if you were gonna buy them in the stores. I used get SI for years but last year I didn't renew. I am glad to be receiving it again.

I think I just missed the swimsuit issue though. :(

Ambridge
02-24-2006, 09:09 AM
I ordered the SI deal as well.

Something to keep in mind with this deal if you ordered by credit card is that SI after the one year period is up will Automatically recharge your credit card for a renewal.
So if you don't want the subscription after the one year period you have to notify them that you want to cancel the magazine.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Already bought the hat and t-shirt. Day after we won, so I didn't catch the SI offer. I sent away for the DVD but they are on back order. Let you know when I get it.

FanecaFan66
02-24-2006, 04:57 PM
As a current SI subscriber... I believe I and all of the rest who pay for an annual subscription should recieve that for free.

And it ticks me off a bit that its only offered to new subscribers. What the hell is the incentive of having the mag? In fact I'm not really sure why i still get it. haha

The hardcover book looks kind of cool, but Nick66 is right. Go to walmart and get a SB book. I got one with a lot of sweet glossy photos and stories. $9.99

WWIIOwheelz
02-24-2006, 05:09 PM
I've felt that same way many times. I subscribed continuously for more than 15 years, then let it drop a couple of years ago. Happy I was able to get the mag again along with a great deal.

blackngoldbaby
02-24-2006, 06:56 PM
i get the subscription 2 sports illustrated and its BOGUS that the people that already have the subscription dont get the offer and the new subscribers get it!! i sure would like the offer! sounds like a good deal 2 me.but no sign of it..... dunno:(

WWIIOwheelz
02-24-2006, 07:53 PM
You can get the merchandise at a reduced price, if I'm not mistaken, as an existing customer. Go to www.si.com & check it out.