PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Face Carolina In Final Preseason Game

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 10:50 AM
PITTSBURGH (KDKA/AP) ―
The Steelers play their final pre-season game tonight when they host the Carolina Panthers at Heinz Field.

It is a pivotal game for many reasons as the Steelers prepare to start the regular season without starting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

He was suspended in April under the league's personal conduct policy.

There is no official word yet on who will start when the regular season begins, but there's still plenty of speculation.

While Roethlisberger is expected to play tonight, odds on the favorite to replace him temporarily are on Byron Leftwich.

Dennis Dixon who showed promise early on had a rough game last time, and not much has been said about Charlie Batch, who hasn't seen much action in the preseason.

As for the final exhibition game, while the starters usually play only a couple of series, Roethlisberger is lobbying to take snaps in the no-huddle offense against Carolina.

But new center Maurkice Pouncey and right tackle Flozell Adams haven't worked with Roethlisberger out of that formation except during practice.

Meanwhile, after tonight's game is finished, Roethlisberger is heading to New York to meet with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Friday.

"I have no idea what to expect, what it's going to be like because none of us have ever been in this situation before," Roethlisberger said Wednesday on what he expects from the meeting.

The two will review Roethlisberger's six-game suspension, which could be trimmed down to four games.

Steelers President Art Rooney II is also expected to attend that meeting, according to ESPN.

http://kdka.com/local/Pittsburgh.Steelers.final.2.1892655.html

joeyssteelcurtain
09-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Does any one have a link so i can watch it please

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Does any one have a link so i can watch it please

Check your PM's.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-02-2010, 11:06 AM
thanks man

skinart82
09-02-2010, 06:36 PM
mind if i get a link? they're not too nice to us in the south

fer522
09-02-2010, 06:58 PM
can a get the link? cant get it here in Arkansas

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 07:08 PM
All links I know of are down guys, sorry.

You can listen here...http://www.dve.com/main.html

Just click the 'listen live' link at the top left of the screen