PDA

View Full Version : The line

1974/2.0
09-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Everyone knows this is our biggest weakness & question going into the season. I'd liek to hear everyone else's opinion on who they think should get the starting nod at each spot, possible starters already on the team, or any trades or future draft picks.

Could trade with the Pats and pick up a good young RG, but I would prefer drafting the other Pouncey next year for that spot.

Ideally our starting day line would be Starks, Kemo, Pouncey, Urbik, Adams. Front side pass protection is the issue there, but as a run blocking unit that right side would be formidable. Even with Essex at RG the middle of the pocket itself has been better, Pouncey is a beast :tt04: While I don't think Urbik is ready to step in & start he can't be worse than Essex at PP, & his upside is the highest.

Hills has finally shown up and Starks did offer to move to RT when Colon went down. He might actually be able to handle speed rushers on the right side. If Hills can hold down the LT spot we could move Adams to RG. This is likely our best line combination for this season if Urbik can't win the RG spot.

Like Urbik, with Hills I'll take the mistakes of a young player with high upside over those of a declining vet.

Another option, as crazy as it might sound, keep Justin as the C, move Adams to RG, & let Pouncey play RT. Adams size will help Justin with the NTs we will face, & Pouncey can easily play RT.

Your thoughts?

1974/2.0
09-02-2010, 01:15 PM
I'd also like to ask for a new option to 'ignore' individual forum members so that you see nothing they post. No point in wasting time reading ignorant opinions from trolls...

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 01:24 PM
You do have that option. Just go to their profile page, click on the user list and select 'add to ignore'.

MasterOfPuppets
09-02-2010, 02:32 PM
who said that ? :huh:

stb_steeler
09-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Ignore... We dont ignore people on here, we just rant on until the post is 60 pages long.:blah: