PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich leaves game with injury

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Leftwich leaves game with injury
By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Last updated: 8:45 pm

Steelers Byron Leftwich, who is expected to start while Ben Roethlisberger serves a likely four-game suspension, has left tonight's game against the Panthers after hurting his left knee.

He will not return after completing 2 of 4 passes for passes for 43 yards.

After completing an 18-yard pass to wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders five minutes into the second quarter, Leftwich got up limping. He then knelt on one knee, prompting the Steelers to take him out of the game.

He has gone into the Steelers locker room though he walked there under his own power. Dennis Dixon replaced Leftwich and threw a 23-yard touchdown pass to Sanders.

Charlie Batch replaced Dixon after the latter finished the drive that Leftwich had started.

Roethlisberger started the game tonight and went 4-for-6 for 39 yards.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_697700.html

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Quarterback Byron Leftwich was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital for an MRI exam to determine the extent of a left knee injury he sustained during the Steelers' preseason finale against the Carolina Panthers.

http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story/09000d5d81a38fd4/article/steelers-leftwich-taken-to-hospital-for-mri-exam-on-left-knee

ETL
09-02-2010, 10:17 PM
If for some reason, Leftwich is out for the season, who would you want as a back up?

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 10:19 PM
There are twitter reports coming out now (just a couple) that are saying it's an MCL tear for Leftwich...not sure how accurate they are. Hope it's not true.

From Jason LaCanfora

http://twitter.com/PPSsportsMGMT

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 10:19 PM
If for some reason, Leftwich is out for the season, who would you want as a back up?

I'd feel much more comfortable with Batch.

fer522
09-02-2010, 10:23 PM
this just keeps geting better and better

tony hipchest
09-02-2010, 10:24 PM
sucky news if true.

Fire Arians
09-02-2010, 10:26 PM
by how our line blocks i expected leftwich to get hurt sooner or later, just not this soon

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Its ironic that his knee got taken out by a BACKUP. As I said earlier, Ben gets the reps with the 1st team and Byron with a patchwork line and now he is hurt. Now who do we start in week 1? NOT DIXON. GEEEEZ

ETL
09-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I'd feel much more comfortable with Batch.

Shouldn't we have a 3rd QB during the first 4 games?

Dixon
Batch
?

Is Jeff Garcia a viable option? There must be some team who will be cutting a decent QB in 2 days right?

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Shouldn't we have a 3rd QB during the first 4 games?

Dixon
Batch
?

Is Jeff Garcia a viable option? There must be some team who will be cutting a decent QB in 2 days right?

That's not a bad idea...Garcia would be a good back up option.

tony hipchest
09-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Its ironic that his knee got taken out by a BACKUP. As I said earlier, Ben gets the reps with the 1st team and Byron with a patchwork line and now he is hurt. Now who do we start in week 1? NOT DIXON. GEEEEZ

are you kidding? ben got sacked 2 of the 1st three plays.

byron woulda been KO'd even sooner playing behind them. chrlie batch gets KO'd EVERY time he plays behind them.

some people just dont learn. :doh:

dixon starts week 1.

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Whoa...same conversation in two different threads....I thought I went crazy for a second. :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 10:38 PM
More reports coming in...no confirmation but Lefty may be out for the season.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09/byron-leftwich-tears-mcl/

If that's true they would almost have to bring in another backup as security.

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 10:39 PM
My posts are not the same. Cant say that for someone else though.

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 10:40 PM
What happened to that qb we drafted last season- Mike Reiley. He had potential (In college)

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 10:41 PM
My posts are not the same. Cant say that for someone else though.

They are pretty identical lol. They say the same thing with a few words changed.

MasterOfPuppets
09-02-2010, 10:41 PM
tyler palko....come on down !!! your the next 3rd string qb of the pittsburgh steelers.......as soon as the chiefs cut him....:chuckle:

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Feed Robot is having a field day with the Leftwich injury. :chuckle:

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 10:43 PM
They are pretty identical lol. They say the same thing with a few words changed.

No maam. My post was answering another guys post. Its obvious who has the same post

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Tyler Palko? HECK NO

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 10:45 PM
No maam. My post was answering another guys post. Its obvious who has the same post

I said the same conversation, not identical posts.

Don't make me copy and paste! :chuckle:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-02-2010, 10:47 PM
What happened to that qb we drafted last season- Mike Reiley. He had potential (In college)

Shows your knowledge of the team. We didn't draft a QB last year. That must have the your other favorite team. :doh:

ETL
09-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Matt Leinart?

(ha, ha, ha, ha ,ha - I was laughing so hard at my own suggesting that I almost peed in my pant)

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Matt Leinart?

(ha, ha, ha, ha ,ha - I was laughing so hard at my own suggesting that I almost peed in my pant)

:smack: :chuckle:

JEFF4i
09-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Jamarcus Russell!

Matt Leinart!

ETL
09-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Feels a little like Christmas - wondering what token gift (i.e. backup QB) we will get ...

Feel bad for byron. This may be a life-changing moment for Dixon.

pancake
09-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Oh crap... Goodell needs to reduce the suspension to or less now... We can't afford to start 0-4

pancake
09-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Matt Leinart?

:rofl: I thought to myself Matt and no way...

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 10:53 PM
I said the same conversation, not identical posts.

Don't make me copy and paste! :chuckle:

Ok you got me :wave:

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Shows your knowledge of the team. We didn't draft a QB last year. That must have the your other favorite team. :doh:

I said Mike Reiley. Never heard of him? Although we didnt draft him, he was in our camp as stated. You must have been watching YOUR other team.

Fire Arians
09-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Jamarcus Russell!

Matt Leinart!

wow that's got me thinking dixon or batch aint that bad at all :sofunny:

pittguy578
09-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Told you Chuck Batch would be on the team..

ETL
09-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Maybe one of the UFL's QBs

Jeff Garcia
Dante Culpepper
Josh McCown
Tim Rattay

JEFF4i
09-02-2010, 11:04 PM
BRETT FAVRE!!!

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Maybe one of the UFL's QBs

Jeff Garcia
Dante Culpepper
Josh McCown
Tim Rattay

None of those bums. We will just RUN THE BALL galore. UGH

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-02-2010, 11:05 PM
:tt04:I said Mike Reiley. Never heard of him? Although we didnt draft him, he was in our camp as stated. You must have been watching YOUR other team.

Illiterate huh? You can't even read your own posts. You said nothing about camp. You said DRAFTED. One would think that someone with the ultimate knowledge of all things football like yourself would know whether the team drafted a high profile position like QB. Good attempt to back peddle but you are still wrong.

tony hipchest
09-02-2010, 11:06 PM

he currently sucks and is out of football. :coffee:

and as was stated, we didnt draft him.

dixon will be the starter, since NOBODY is going to come in and have the chemistry and knowledge of the playbook that he already has.

if by freak chance batch gets the start, dixon will finish out the final 50 minutes vs ATL and then start week 2.

garcia would be a fine back up but he is currently under contract with a UFL team (and as he stated on sirius 2 days ago, not sure how easy it would be for him to get out of said contract)

ETL
09-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Kurt Warner?

The guy talks about Jesus and heaven all the time. Maybe if he was to come to "football heaven" he would consider coming out of retirement

fer522
09-02-2010, 11:10 PM
can we trade for bobby brister?

MasterOfPuppets
09-02-2010, 11:16 PM
can we trade for bobby brister?

you mean bubby brewster ?

ETL
09-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Jeff George?

1fastprototype
09-02-2010, 11:27 PM
I think if I had to watch Bubby's mom crying on tv after every play again I would quit watching football :rofl:

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 11:57 PM
:tt04:

Illiterate huh? You can't even read your own posts. You said nothing about camp. You said DRAFTED. One would think that someone with the ultimate knowledge of all things football like yourself would know whether the team drafted a high profile position like QB. Good attempt to back peddle but you are still wrong.

I think I stated "Although he wasnt drafted" therefore admitting the error. That error is quite a bit smaller than not even knowing who the guy was lol. YOU think I have ultimate knowledge of all things, your post is textual proof of that.

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 11:59 PM

dixon will be the starter, since NOBODY is going to come in and have the chemistry and knowledge of the playbook that he already has.

if by freak chance batch gets the start, dixon will finish out the final 50 minutes vs ATL and then start week 2.

garcia would be a fine back up but he is currently under contract with a UFL team (and as he stated on sirius 2 days ago, not sure how easy it would be for him to get out of said contract)

I stated that he wasnt drafted. Hence admitting the error. Batch starts. Garcia is a bum and thats why hes in the UFL. Players dont go there by choice, they go by force

Downbylaw
09-03-2010, 12:01 AM

You want to get on me for making an error. Ok. Now I'll beat my chest for PREDICTING the situation we are currently in. I ........ AM.........THE ........MAN!...:tt:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-03-2010, 12:30 AM
I think I stated "Although he wasnt drafted" therefore admitting the error. That error is quite a bit smaller than not even knowing who the guy was lol. YOU think I have ultimate knowledge of all things, your post is textual proof of that.

Wow. You are ignorant. Show me where I said he wasn't on the team. You won't because I didn't. My words were we did not draft a QB last year.

Another poor attempt on your part to make an arguement. Failure must be an everyday part of your life.

Downbylaw
09-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Wow. You are ignorant. Show me where I said he wasn't on the team. You won't because I didn't. My words were we did not draft a QB last year.

Another poor attempt on your part to make an arguement. Failure must be an everyday part of your life.

An agrument is two individuals bringing facts to the table. You have yet to do so. Hence no argument. Sorry

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-03-2010, 12:37 AM
An agrument is two individuals bringing facts to the table. You have yet to do so. Hence no argument. Sorry

Fact: The Pittsburgh Steelers did not draft a QB in the 2009 NFL draft.

Well look at that. You failed again.

You know your wrong and now you just trying to weasel your way out.

mikegrimey
09-03-2010, 12:42 AM
This is bad news for the Steelers. Good news for that big Dixon nut that got banned from here though.

I wonder if they're going to consider starting Batch at all. He's been a quality backup for years, I understand he's 35, but he's less likely to make the mistakes Dixon will, and it's only for 4 games. Plus Batch has to know the playbook better.

Downbylaw
09-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Fact: The Pittsburgh Steelers did not draft a QB in the 2009 NFL draft.

Well look at that. You failed again.

You know your wrong and now you just trying to weasel your way out.

I acknowledged that. FACT

SoCalFan
09-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Who cares if hes 35!What is Farve,like 60???