PDA

View Full Version : Terry Bradshaw opposed to NFL reducing Roethlisberger suspension

SteelCityMom
09-02-2010, 09:47 PM
As far as former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Terry Bradhshaw is concerned, Ben Roethlisberger's(notes)
request for clemency from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in the form of a reduction in his suspension from six games to three games should be outright denied.

"Going to bars—treating women like that; oh my God," Bradshaw told the Shreveport Times. "I pray they don't cut [his suspension] to four games. I hope they leave it at six. There is no excuse for that. The egos get out of hand."

A four-game suspension is considered likely for Roethlisberger, who's being punished for violating the NFL personal conduct policy even though he wasn't charged with a crime after being investigated for an alleged sexual assault on a 20-year-old Georgia woman.

Roethlisberger meets Friday with Goodell in New York.

Bradshaw offered some other strong opinions as well.

He had no sympathy for Miami Dolphins defensive end Kendall Langford(notes) after losing his diamond earring at
practice.

"I hope they never find it—$50,000?" Bradshaw said. "Go tell that to somebody that can't pay for his kid's education or can't get them into a hospital room and get them treated properly."

And Bradshaw criticized Jets coach Rex Ryan.

"He doesn't play; easy for him to shoot his mouth," Bradshaw said. "Unfortunately, I don't think his players are quite as strong-minded as he is. He's putting a lot of pressure on his young quarterback."

Too bad that Bradshaw guy doesn't have any strong opinions!

Bradshaw is a big fan of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees(notes), though, for his accessibility and
character.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100902_terry_bradshaw_opposed_to_nfl_reducing_ro ethlisberger_suspension

Terry just got all high and mighty on Ben's ass.

JEFF4i
09-02-2010, 09:54 PM
If this is serious TB has to be going senile. Really, the Ben thing was iffy, but its not like he was Mr. Perfect.

Jeez.

pancake
09-02-2010, 09:59 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100902_terry_bradshaw_opposed_to_nfl_reducing_ro ethlisberger_suspension

Terry just got all high and mighty on Ben's ass.

Shut up Terry!

Fire Arians
09-02-2010, 09:59 PM
times are different now terry. women nowadays are less respectable and they should be treated as such

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Terry was married to Jo Jo for that he gets props. I guess hes a Ben hater. Let him have it guys!!

steeltheone
09-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Terry is 100% correct!

zulater
09-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Terry is 100% correct!

"I would do it all over again: I wish I didn't have to play for Pittsburgh. I wish I could have played down here and won some Super Bowls -- how cool would that have been?" he said. "Then I wouldn't have to go around making speeches, either."
The Woodlawn High and Louisiana Tech product "grew up" a Saints fan and remains a Black and Gold supporter to this day. In his mind, it's just too bad the Big Easy had to wait until 2010 to win a Super Bowl.
"In a perfect world, how about being able to stay in my home state and do all that for my home state?" Bradshaw said. "That would have been the greatest gift ever."

Was he 100% correct on this one too?

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Thats the equivalent of Russ Grimm saying he wish he couldve stayed home and played for us instead of The Skins. Non issue.

zulater
09-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Thats the equivalent of Russ Grimm saying he wish he couldve stayed home and played for us instead of The Skins. Non issue.

I imagine a few of his former teamates might think otherwise. Speaking of which, you being the resident Ben hater and all, I'm sure you've probably disparaged Ben for his strained relationship with his teammates. You do know that Terry wasn't exactly loved in the locker room in his time either?

mikegrimey
09-02-2010, 11:40 PM
"going to bars---treating women like that"

Hihi Terry you're going to have to be more specific. Never mind that the way Ben treats women is only alleged, but going to bars is a reason to be reprimanded at the job?

Sounds like high horse moralizing and nothing else.

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 11:44 PM
I imagine a few of his former teamates might think otherwise. Speaking of which, you being the resident Ben hater and all, I'm sure you've probably disparaged Ben for his strained relationship with his teammates. You do know that Terry wasn't exactly loved in the locker room in his time either?

I'm no Ben hater. I tell the truth about him. Bradshaw won 4 Super Bowls and two SB Mvps. Isnt that the excuse you guys use for Ben? Works for me.

Downbylaw
09-02-2010, 11:45 PM

Hihi Terry you're going to have to be more specific. Never mind that the way Ben treats women is only alleged, but going to bars is a reason to be reprimanded at the job?

Ironic NOT ONE Steeler came to Bens defense during all this. Just sayin.

mikegrimey
09-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Don't make me post dictionary.com on here
Irony doesn't mean what you think it means.

The rest of what you said is irrelevant and off topic, my post was about Bradshaw's "going to bars--the way he treats women" comment.

Shea
09-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Isn't it weird how irony in itself can be ironic?

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-02-2010, 11:57 PM

I think you confuse a "lack of reporting" with a "lack of anything to report"....they aren't the same, in case you were wondering.

MasterOfPuppets
09-03-2010, 01:17 AM
:sign07:

Shea
09-03-2010, 01:45 AM
I liked when Bradshaw first spoke up about how he felt about Ben because I felt that he needed to hear everything thrown his way.

But I feel it's time to let it go now and to try and move on and to see if Ben's gotten what he needed to get.

Shea
09-03-2010, 01:50 AM
:sign07:

I'm starting to think the same.

But I'm also wondering if it's someone from the past.

There's something familiar about this guy ...... :scratchchin:

SacknificentStew56
09-03-2010, 02:18 AM
As much as I like TB and respect what he has done for the Black n Gold, his opinion means nothing nor will it affect the decision on Ben's suspension from Goodell. Who cares what TB thinks about Ben's situation?

sackmaster56
09-03-2010, 04:06 AM
Terry is just a Saints fan now. It seems as he never goes back to the Burgh and he is just another mouth out there. I do not like Bens actions but I have always thought that 4 or 6 was too many when other players are getting far less for actually being convicted of a crime. Lets hope Goodell can make a good decision today. Even more so now that B-left may be out>>>GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downbylaw
09-03-2010, 04:55 AM

The rest of what you said is irrelevant and off topic, my post was about Bradshaw's "going to bars--the way he treats women" comment.

Translation: I cant refute what you said. Ok

zulater
09-03-2010, 05:45 AM

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-04-02/steelers-lt-max-starks-well-always-be-there-for-ben-roethlisberger

Really? Aaron Smith has also come out in Ben's defense, so have a few others, but people tend not to notice what doesn't support their arguments.

steelerohio
09-03-2010, 07:08 AM
I just can't wait untl the whole thing about Ben can be just laid to rest and everyone can just move on. He's getting his suspension, If he gets less for good behavior, so what? Prisoners gets let out early for good behavior as well sometimes.

Just move on, football season starts in ten days... :tt03:

TackleMeBen
09-03-2010, 07:46 AM
looks like someone still wants to be in the spotlight.. has anyone thought maybe TB is jealous that Ben is a better QB than he is and probably will break his records?

scsteeler
09-03-2010, 09:19 AM
I just can't wait untl the whole thing about Ben can be just laid to rest and everyone can just move on. He's getting his suspension, If he gets less for good behavior, so what? Prisoners gets let out early for good behavior as well sometimes.

Just move on, football season starts in ten days... :tt03:

It makes news, Just look at how much press Terry got for Talking about Ben. It won't go away until later this year. As people we should all learn to let the past that people are trying to correct stay in the past and quit bringing it up.

My Motto is GET UP, GET OVER IT, AND MOVE ON!

joeyssteelcurtain
09-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Terry is 100% correct!

No not at all i just think he does not want ben to get more rings then he has. He has never liked ben

Downbylaw
09-03-2010, 09:20 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-04-02/steelers-lt-max-starks-well-always-be-there-for-ben-roethlisberger

Really? Aaron Smith has also come out in Ben's defense, so have a few others, but people tend not to notice what doesn't support their arguments.

Not what I meant. I meant in terms to the allegations sir. Now I see why Bradshaw doesnt like to come back to pittsburgh. No respect

joeyssteelcurtain
09-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Not what I meant. I meant in terms to the allegations sir. Now I see why Bradshaw doesnt like to come back to pittsburgh. No respect

Yes he won 4 superbowls and he is one of the great steelers player of all time But he wants nothing to do with pittsburgh unless it get's his name in the media.

Downbylaw
09-03-2010, 09:39 AM
No not at all i just think he does not want ben to get more rings then he has. He has never liked ben

Uh Bradshaw knows him personally and so do his teammates. It sure seems like A LOT of people dont like the guy. But I get it they are all wrong and jealous Ben haters. When you get it. You get it.

Fire Haley
09-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Bradshaw should be black-balled from the city for another decade. What an attention whoring stunt.

He's just jealous of Ben - trying to stir up shit after the fans welcomed Ben back with open arms. Wait till after the decision to open your hick mouth.

scsteeler
09-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Bradshaw worried Ben may tie or surpass his 4 SB Wins!

Downbylaw
09-03-2010, 10:12 AM
looks like someone still wants to be in the spotlight.. has anyone thought maybe TB is jealous that Ben is a better QB than he is and probably will break his records?

Only reason he will break his records is because Terry played in a running game era. Ben plays in a passing era. Sorry Terry consistenty had his teams vying for the Super Bowl with tougher competition. Dallas (Staubach), Vikes (Tarkenton), Raiders (Stabler), Dolphins(Griese), Rams (Jaws,Haden), Colts(Bert Jones),Bengals(Ken Anderson), Oilers(Campbell), Browns(Brian Sipe),Chargers(Fouts) and the Denver Broncos (Orange Crush). The Steelers made the playoffs EIGHT seasons in a row under the guidance of Bradshaw. Bradshaw has more Pro Bowls. A league MVP, 2 Super Bowl Mvps and the ONLY QB in NFL history to win Back to Back TWICE. We currently have the ONLY QB to win 2 Super Bowls and miss the playoffs the following season, TWICE. Terry has nothing to be jealous of.

LVSteelersfan
09-03-2010, 10:13 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!! He actually thinks he could have won Super Bowls for that team with the fans who had bags over their heads. I think Archie Manning was actually a better QB than Bradshaw was. He just played on a very crappy team. Easy to talk crap when you played on a team that had arguably the best defense in the history of the league. Bradshaw made some splash plays in big games but I seem to remember it more like Swann and Stallworth bailed his A $ $ out with some amazing catches that most other WRs would have never touched. Terry, STFU !!!! You keep adding to your moron legacy.

Downbylaw
09-03-2010, 10:14 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!! He actually thinks he could have won Super Bowls for that team with the fans who had bags over their heads. I think Archie Manning was actually a better QB than Bradshaw was. He just played on a very crappy team. Easy to talk crap when you played on a team that had arguably the best defense in the history of the league. Bradshaw made some splash plays in big games but I seem to remember it more like Swann and Stallworth bailed his A $ $ out with some amazing catches that most other WRs would have never touched. Terry, STFU !!!! You keep adding to your moron legacy.

I agree, the defense argument is valid but WHY isnt it valid for Ben too? Hmmmmmm

mikegrimey
09-03-2010, 12:45 PM
This thread once again shows evidence that Downbylaw is just a troll that doesn't curse.

Look at my initial post in here, completely about Bradshaw and his high horsing

All I am saying is that Bradshaw's logic is asinine. As if going to a bar is a reason to be punished. Not even to mention that "treating women like that" is an ambiguous statement about allegations that haven't been proven.

This is what Downbylaw retorts:

Notice the insecurity and lack of faith he has in his argument to begin with adding "just sayin" uselessly to the end of his misinformed statement. What's really odd is that he quoted my previous post and didn't address a single thing about it. My post was on Bradshaw's high horsing, condemning people who go to bars and such. His post is just a nonsense tidbit that may or may not be true. Frankly it doesn't matter because it's not germane to what I'm saying.

In my response I point out the poster's improper use of irony and basically ask him to stay on topic if he's going to quote people this is what I said:

Notice how I even have to dumbly say exactly what it is I am talking about.

The poster's response:

Translation: I cant refute what you said. Ok

He quoted my post again which shows a willful lack of comprehension. If he had actually read my posts instead of just using them as a basis for the same argument he always has he would have noticed that I wasn't even concerned with what he was babbling about. Saying I "can't" refute something when I never even tried (hell I never even talked about it at all) only works as a bad attempt at humor.

See the silliness, the inability to admit mistake, the insistence on swerving whatever post to fit his worldview and argue about his one note argument. I was merely talkinbg about Bradshaw's phony moral stance---he brings up Ben's teammates supposedly not defending him, does anyone else fail to see the relation?

Yes, this guy is just a more civilized troll. Basically a smarter version of super fly steeler.
I anticipate another response to this ignoring the main points which is this poster's specialty.

Downbylaw
09-03-2010, 01:40 PM
The moral of the story. I have Grimey dancing to MY tune and I refuse to let him lead. This is what dismays him. His futile attempts to knock out the champ only makes him seem desperate and well... desperate. Name calling is so........ kindergarten. I'm going to do like everyone else does and ignore him lol

mikegrimey
09-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Another example of irrationality and insecurity. Dbl can't argue logic with me so he resorts to opaque boasts and offtopic blather. The last post shows quite clearly he either doesn't understand ( which is bad) or intentionally misconstrues ( which is far worse) most of the posts he quotes and responds too.

The Internet is full of cowards that won't admit mistakes or errors. Dbl can take solace that his unhumorous unintelligent emotional arguments are right in step with hundreds of millions of more of his Ilk.

Cheers to the next cowardly dishonest and evasive post he makes.

OX1947
09-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Bradshaw doesn't like Ben, nothing more, nothing less. This had nothing to do with insecurity or being outdone. If you guys have been following Bradshaw at any point the last few decades, you would know he doesn't give a crap about being outdone or out won. He gave every single memorabilia he got from his pro days to his alma mater. Bradshaw is a straight shooter, always was, and always will be.

My only thing is the Steelers suffer when Ben is out. And then his comment about rather playing in New Orleans. I do not know where that came from but Bradshaw is biopolar so one min he loves u and the other min he hates you. The term love-hate started with him when he was in Pittsburgh, because thats what it was exactly.

StainlessStill
09-03-2010, 03:19 PM
This thread once again shows evidence that Downbylaw is just a troll that doesn't curse.

Look at my initial post in here, completely about Bradshaw and his high horsing

All I am saying is that Bradshaw's logic is asinine. As if going to a bar is a reason to be punished. Not even to mention that "treating women like that" is an ambiguous statement about allegations that haven't been proven.

This is what Downbylaw retorts:

Notice the insecurity and lack of faith he has in his argument to begin with adding "just sayin" uselessly to the end of his misinformed statement. What's really odd is that he quoted my previous post and didn't address a single thing about it. My post was on Bradshaw's high horsing, condemning people who go to bars and such. His post is just a nonsense tidbit that may or may not be true. Frankly it doesn't matter because it's not germane to what I'm saying.

In my response I point out the poster's improper use of irony and basically ask him to stay on topic if he's going to quote people this is what I said:

Notice how I even have to dumbly say exactly what it is I am talking about.

The poster's response:

He quoted my post again which shows a willful lack of comprehension. If he had actually read my posts instead of just using them as a basis for the same argument he always has he would have noticed that I wasn't even concerned with what he was babbling about. Saying I "can't" refute something when I never even tried (hell I never even talked about it at all) only works as a bad attempt at humor.

See the silliness, the inability to admit mistake, the insistence on swerving whatever post to fit his worldview and argue about his one note argument. I was merely talkinbg about Bradshaw's phony moral stance---he brings up Ben's teammates supposedly not defending him, does anyone else fail to see the relation?

Yes, this guy is just a more civilized troll. Basically a smarter version of super fly steeler.
I anticipate another response to this ignoring the main points which is this poster's specialty.

I've been victim of his adolescence comprehending skills. The dude is a master manipulator, ENOUGH SAID. It's actually getting quite entertaining to watch him take such a vain statement and turn it into one big blown out of proportion debate to bring Ben in it in one way or another. He's obsessed.

Downbylaw
09-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Ahhhhh a match made in Heaven. (Bats Eyelashes)

mikegrimey
09-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Stunting and bad attempts at humor. Other cowardly traits of the defeated online debater. Add that to the list of denial, avoidance, misinterpretation, retreat into "hey that's like your opinion man". You're exhausting the ways in which you can behave dishonestly, maybe after you run the gambit you'll actually show up for a real discussion.

MattsMe
09-03-2010, 06:28 PM
It would be nice to discuss this topic, and others, without wading through the tired bs in every thread. He has definitely made this place a little less enjoyable.

MattsMe
09-03-2010, 06:36 PM
"I wish I could have played down here and won some Super Bowls -- how cool would that have been?"

On a different note, I'm not sure how the above quote translates into Bradshaw saying that he thinks he could have won Super Bowls in New Orleans. Although after reading several of the posts here, it seems that's the way it was taken. Funny how that works.

I mean really people, can you read? :chuckle: :poke:

SteelCityMom
09-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah, can we get back to badmouthing Bradshaw already dammit! :chuckle:

I understand him wanting to have played in New Orleans...I'm sure every NFL player dreams of playing for their favorite team, but he said it in such a way that seemed pretty demeaning to the team he enjoyed a lot of success with and the teammates he played with for so long. Not to mention The Chief.

There's just a lot of better ways he could have said that so it didn't come out like he sounded resentful about playing in Pittsburgh.

SteelCityMom
09-03-2010, 06:37 PM
On a different note, I'm not sure how the above quote translates into Bradshaw saying that he thinks he could have won Super Bowls in New Orleans. Although after reading several of the posts here, it seems that's the way it was taken. Funny how that works.

:banned: :chuckle:

mikegrimey
09-03-2010, 06:40 PM

You're absolutely right. Like most quotes this one got misunderstood. There was another thread on here titled "Josh McDaniels calls Harrison's hit on Orton a cheap shot" Yet McDaniel's actual comment about the hit was something along the lines of " I don't know if it was a cheap shot I'd have to look at it again" which is just a paraphrase but you get the idea.

As for the Bradshaw quote about NO, I didn't read too much into it. Yet the "going to bars---the way he treats women" remark about Ben was just an emotional rant. I wonder how Bradshaw behaved in his hey-day, if back then he would have been so righteous and judgmental about going to bars.

MattsMe
09-03-2010, 06:45 PM
:banned: :chuckle:

Freaking commie mods...

I do agree with you about the Blonde Bomber's choice of words. But in the end, the guy was one of the best big game QB's to ever play, and he won us 4 rings. That's pretty cool, last I checked.

He also suffered more than his fair share of abuse in Pittsburgh, but I'm sure it wouldn't have been any better in New Orleans. Those are the same fans that wore bags on their heads to show embarrassment.

Terry understands better than anyone the true relationship between player and fan. He just forgets sometimes that other people don't.

tony hipchest
09-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Ahhhhh a match made in Heaven. (Bats Eyelashes)before you post ask yourself if what you are about to post has anything to do with the topic. if it doesnt, dont post it.

this is the only way you will save yourself on this board. your trolling and flaming act on this board is done.

its one thing (and can be overlooked as a slightly abrasive personality or confrontational stance) to have a handful of people who think you suck , but when and entire MB community made up of random and diverse people who dont have an agenda ALL think you are a POS it is usually YOU, not them.

tony hipchest
09-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I wonder how Bradshaw behaved in his hey-day, if back then he would have been so righteous and judgmental about going to bars.truth be told, he was kind of an outcast on the team (especially when he was younger).

he was more into staying in, sharing fellowship and bible study with a few other Christians on the team, playing his guitar, and singing his folk music.

MattsMe
09-03-2010, 06:55 PM
truth be told, he was kind of an outcast on the team (especially when he was younger).

he was more into staying in, sharing fellowship and bible study with a few other Christians on the team, playing his guitar, and singing his folk music.

Like a bald Polamalu...

mikegrimey
09-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Well if that's true it explains his feelings about drinking and philandering, I can see how a staunch christian would oppose that kind of behavior.

That doesn't mean it's not a poor excuse to punish a person, because of conservative religious beliefs. His reasons for Ben receiving a stiff punishment were the bars and women, I imagine Bradshaw wants a lot of NFL players suspended if these are his reasons.