PDA

View Full Version : Dwyer over Meltdown Moore

Hayeksheroes
09-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Dwyer showed that he's got the Mojo to make a go at the 2nd string back. Moore is more experienced. Meltdown Moore seems to have lost the spring in his step.

tony hipchest
09-03-2010, 12:41 AM
dwyer has also shown he whiffs on blocks and stands around with his thumb up his ass when the ball isnt in his hands, AND cant contribute on special teams.

no thanks...

i'll take moore (who has actually done shit in this league).

Steel_Bus_24
09-03-2010, 12:43 AM
though I hope we find a way to keep Dwyer, no way should it be over a quality vet like Moore who has picked up some big 3rd down conversions for us

mikegrimey
09-03-2010, 12:47 AM
What exactly has Dwyer done to beat our Moore? Busting a couple of big runs (inbetween a myriad of 1-2 yard runs) against some backups and practice squad guys hardly qualifies. Even Carey Davis could take one to the house against the practice squad. The only way Moore is going to lose out on his job is if they start giving Mendenhall more chances on 3rd down.

MasterOfPuppets
09-03-2010, 12:56 AM
what impressed you the most about dwyer ? the 2 carries for 57 yds ? or the other 18 carries for 29 yds ?:noidea:

that kind of game got redman a practice squad spot last year, not the 53 man roster.

Fire Arians
09-03-2010, 12:58 AM
im not impressed with dwyer

SacknificentStew56
09-03-2010, 02:21 AM
Dwyer is alright but i'm not sold on him just yet. The few nice runs that he had would be better with a few passes out of the backfield for similar gains as well.

jjpro11
09-03-2010, 03:00 PM
cut a guy who has been pass blocking and reading defenses for years, and now working behind a terrible pass blocking oline... for a rookie who had a couple nice runs against 3rd stringers? yeah right.

truesteelerfan
09-03-2010, 07:28 PM
We can't keep all our backs....If we're thinking he'll get picked up if we put him on our PS- try and trade him...I know trades don't happen often, but some team out there who had a RB get injured during the preseason might give us a middle round draft pick, or better yet, and OL player?

Steelerfreak58
09-03-2010, 09:30 PM
He is a rookie and needs to learn the system. I think he has promise.

BengalDestroyer
09-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Moore is a great third down back, but yes he has seemed to have lost that spring in his step. Dwyer and Redman showed about the same amount of talent and potential this preseason. I think this says more for Dwyer though due to the fact that he didn't play in every game... This is a tough one for me, I love the way Redman breaks tackles, he just doesn't do it consistently. and I love Dwyers speed but he's a rookie and does need to show more leadership and take on the responsibilities that a running back has when he doesn't have the ball.

stb_steeler
09-05-2010, 09:29 PM
dwyer has also shown he whiffs on blocks and stands around with his thumb up his ass when the ball isnt in his hands, AND cant contribute on special teams.

no thanks...

i'll take moore (who has actually done shit in this league).

Moore has shown he's a tough little cookie.... I liked what Tunch said about him, this guy plays real hard nose football and knows how to play it.

rick723
09-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Moore is a great third down back, but yes he has seemed to have lost that spring in his step. Dwyer and Redman showed about the same amount of talent and potential this preseason. I think this says more for Dwyer though due to the fact that he didn't play in every game... This is a tough one for me, I love the way Redman breaks tackles, he just doesn't do it consistently. and I love Dwyers speed but he's a rookie and does need to show more leadership and take on the responsibilities that a running back has when he doesn't have the ball.

About Redman
Doesn't do it consistantly ¿? You been watching Steeler preseason games the last years¿ :tt04:

SteelCityKing
09-05-2010, 10:50 PM
He is a rookie and needs to learn the system. I think he has promise.

i agree. like every rookie, he has to show his potential. he can't just come in and expect to change the game from the get go. some rookies CAN make their presence known. Dywer, not so much. atleast not just yet. he's got some potential and hopefully he can pound it in the endzone Bettis style cause that's what i see him as.

don't start collecting his cards, buying a jersey, or keeping your fingers crossed for an action figure just yet. sit on him and let's see what he can do.

i got time. i'll wait...

cloppbeast
09-05-2010, 11:24 PM
I think Dwyer sucks. I can't say I saw him break one tackle during the preseason, not even on his long runs. He doesn't have blazing NFL speed, and he plays like a 190 lb back. He has no tenacity, and looks like he hits a brick wall when he gets to the line.

I'm still in disbelief that he made this squad, but I think it says more about Frank Summers than it does about Dwyer.

kirklandrules
09-06-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm still in disbelief that he made this squad, but I think it says more about Frank Summers than it does about Dwyer.

The truth is Frank Summers is not a blocking back, never was. He's a tough, short yardage runner. However, Arians tried to make him the FB of this team and it didn't work. He never really gave him a shot at short yardage duties during games. So Dwyer over Summers is more a shot at our OC not understanding jack squat about the FB position than about talent. And I'm not slamming Dwyer here ... the guy is only a rookie and might just turn into a decent RB for us.

BengalDestroyer
09-07-2010, 07:19 PM
About Redman
Doesn't do it consistantly ¿? You been watching Steeler preseason games the last years¿ :tt04:

Hey I love the way Redman runs, I was hoping he made the team last year, and am very excited to see that he made the team this year. However, I do think he needs to be more consistent (just my opinion) because against the starting defenses he looked...well let's say not that good. Trust me I'm not putting him down, he's a strong physical back and I love that so...let's just agree - it's good see him as one of the fifty three and the expectations are more now that Ben's out.:drink:

rich4eagle
09-07-2010, 08:51 PM
I like Redman, Moore is good in certain situations, Mendenhall is the majority back...........that makes three.......Dwyer should not replace any of these..............and we cannot afford four tailbacks