PDA

View Full Version : Steelers lead league in preseason rushing

tony hipchest
09-03-2010, 03:30 PM
and it really isnt close.

155 ypg and 36 attempts per game and a respectable 4.3 ypc.

yeah, i know, its preseason, meaningless games, we had the lead, testing new runners, :blah:

but most teams are in similar situations.

the team vowed to commit to the run more and have followed through. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMom
09-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I'm impressed with it so far as well. I know they'll be using the run game a lot while Ben's out...but I just hope they don't stray away from it too far when Ben comes back (unless the run game isn't working AT ALL).

stb_steeler
09-03-2010, 03:44 PM
GO REDMAN !!!

MasterOfPuppets
09-03-2010, 03:51 PM
GO REDMAN !!!

redman ? dwyer was #4 in rushing ....#2 for rookies ..... maybe that'll offer him some comfort on the practice squad ...:noidea:

StainlessStill
09-03-2010, 03:54 PM
and it really isnt close.

155 ypg and 36 attempts per game and a respectable 4.3 ypc.

yeah, i know, its preseason, meaningless games, we had the lead, testing new runners, :blah:

but most teams are in similar situations.

the team vowed to commit to the run more and have followed through. :thumbsup:

I still can't believe how WELL our bench players stepped up and played this pre-season. Out of ALL the years I've watched, I can't remember a time where I was so impressed and proud by the way our young guys went out there and played. We did many great things in this pre-season considering backups. The only problem that lies ahead is trimming this roster down to 53 because we have tremendous bench players who played very nicely when given their opportunity.

jjpro11
09-03-2010, 03:56 PM
redman ? dwyer was #4 in rushing ....#2 for rookies ..... maybe that'll offer him some comfort on the practice squad ...:noidea:

no way the Steelers would be able to get him on the practice squad. he'd be snatched up in a second by another team.

MasterOfPuppets
09-03-2010, 04:06 PM
no way the Steelers would be able to get him on the practice squad. he'd be snatched up in a second by another team.

ya think ? i seriously doubt anything he's done in preseason has elevated his status to "hot commodity" .... i mean he was passed up multiple times by every team during the draft. NFL scouts don't get fixated on a couple of big plays like fans do. they look at the overall body of work.
as i pointed out in another thread. 57 of his yards were on 2 carries, the other 29 yds were on 18 carries .

SteelKnight
09-03-2010, 04:11 PM
They have clear had too much running. I'm more interesting in the Yards per attempt to measure improvement. It was ridiculous, for example, that Batch only passed 4 times for 10 yards in 2 and a half quarters. During the first game Dixon must have had the team run 7 times in a row towards the end of the game.

These statistics mean nothing. The obviouslness of the run is why Dwyer probably had so many short runs.

They should have been testing out the arms of these QBs.

stb_steeler
09-03-2010, 04:26 PM

I didnt mean cut Redman.....Im rooting for him!:tt03:

MasterOfPuppets
09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
I didnt mean cut Redman.....Im rooting for him!:tt03:

oh i thought you were cheering redmans role in our preseason rushing championship...:sofunny:

urgle burgle
09-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Redman gold has better flavor.