PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys trade WR Crayton to Bolts

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Agent: Patrick Crayton to Chargers

By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com

The Dallas Cowboys reached a deal Friday to trade wide receiver Patrick Crayton to the San Diego Chargers, according to Crayton's agent Fred Lyles.

Crayton confirmed to ESPN that he'd been traded to the Chargers in exchange for a seventh-round pick.

Crayton, who was drafted in the seventh round out of Northwestern Oklahoma State by the Cowboys in 2004, caught 196 passes for 2,888 yards and 23 touchdowns in 82 games -- including 33 starts.

The reciever had sought a release following April's NFL draft -- when the Cowboys selected Dez Bryant in the first round -- and again after the Cowboys' final preseason game on Thursday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5528702

If anything, I think Crayton's fantasy stock just shot up.

MasterOfPuppets
09-03-2010, 03:40 PM
thats a good trade for the bolts. craytons not great, and never will be , but he's at least serviceable.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-03-2010, 03:53 PM
thats a good trade for the bolts. craytons not great, and never will be , but he's at least serviceable.

He'll be a decent two or three depending on how the VJax situation turns out.

MasterOfPuppets
09-03-2010, 04:06 PM
He'll be a decent two or three depending on how the VJax situation turns out.
he's never really been productive enough to be a # 2 ... he's basicly a slower version of nate washington. a 35 - 50 rec a year kinda guy .

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-03-2010, 05:25 PM
he's never really been productive enough to be a # 2 ... he's basicly a slower version of nate washington. a 35 - 50 rec a year kinda guy .

Good point. Looks like San Diego should have waited though. Seattle is shopping Houshmandzadeh and will probably release him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5529209

pete74
09-03-2010, 06:47 PM
hopefully he does well because i drafted rivers for my fantasy team

MasterOfPuppets
09-03-2010, 07:53 PM
hopefully he does well because i drafted rivers for my fantasy team

same here...infact i have him in 2 money leagues ....along with ben and mathew stafford.