PDA

View Full Version : If Hope goes how about this guy . . .

Rotorhead
02-25-2006, 12:24 AM
FS Terryl Fenton (Louisiana-Lafayette): Didn't make a lot of big plays in 45 games, but has better range than he sometimes displayed. Possesses good size (6-foot-1, 208 pounds) and has been clocked in under 4.4 in the 40. A good wrap-up tackler who gets around the football, he comes from a program that has produced a lot of good NFL defensive backs over the past five years.

Of course we would have to bring in a vet to give him time to learn.

Rotorhead
02-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Forgot to add, he was not invited to the combine, so he will probably fall to the later rounds and could be a good prospect for us.

bigbensrose
02-25-2006, 12:38 AM
If there is a diamond in the rough.....Pittsburgh will seek out the coal........wrap it in the Steel legend and squeeze out the gem. They have been doing it for a long time now.

clevestinks
02-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Good find, maybe the front office is on it!

ohio's #1 steelers chick
02-25-2006, 06:02 PM
you sniffed out a good one. he looks like he would be able to pick up the slack in the next few years.

Suitanim
02-25-2006, 08:47 PM
It's that time of year, and I can almost start cutting and pasting my response:

Smart player? Tackler? Aggressive? Disciplined? Coachable?

The problem with these guys is that they can rely on their athletic ability to just outplay the opponents, and that won't work at the next level.

Rotorhead
02-26-2006, 02:30 AM
Well he is a good tackler and aggressive. Don't know about coachable, but it seems that guys that fall to the later rounds and are from smaller schools are alot less egomaniacs so coachable is probably a good bet. The only thing is intelligence, but honestly, he is not needed as a def leader, he just needs to cover the middle of the field and tackle. He has the speed to recover from an error and the size to stop the bigger receivers. I just read about him and thought he would be a good fit is all.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-26-2006, 11:47 AM
The last thing I wanna do in 2006 is try and break in a new safety, especially a Rookie, into the Blitzburgh34 defense. Hope had a great year and I really dont relish the thought of him not coming back and us starting over back there beside troy. Especially given our cap situation and bringing in potential FA's.