PDA

View Full Version : Bengal updates: Chad's brawl, Palmer's recovery, Henry's charges, etc.

CantStop85
02-25-2006, 01:09 AM
First off, bad news for the squealer (no I'm not referrring to Pittsburgh) in the Bengals locker room:
Lewis admitted his team imploded in the playoff loss to Pittsburgh and vowed that the player who leaked the story of wide receiver Chad Johnson?s half-time tantrum won?t return.

Various news:

Lewis: Palmer progressing

INDIANAPOLIS ? Bengals coach Marvin Lewis this afternoon said that Carson Palmer is progressing well in his rehabilitation and fully expects him to be ready for the start of the 2006 season.

?Carson doesn?t change,? Lewis said when asked at the NFL scouting combine about Palmer?s mood. ?His rehab is going along fine.?

Lewis would not say when Palmer is going to return to Cincinnati to continue his rehab. Palmer had surgery Jan. 10 to replace two torn ligaments (the anterior cruciate and medial collateral) in his left knee.

Lewis addressed national media first and then held a 20-minute session with local reporters during the combine?s third day.

Lewis also addressed some other lingering points for the first time:

--The Bengals will extend tender contract offers to their four restricted free agents: offensive lineman Scott Kooistra, wide receivers Kevin Walter and Kelley Washington and fullback Jeremi Johnson. All four players are probable to return to the Bengals in 2006.

--Lewis said that second-year wide receiver Tab Perry would likely not be switched to safety. Lewis called reports about a position change ?speculation? and said offensive coaches are looking forward to getting Perry more involved as a receiver.

-- Lewis said that tailback Rudi Johnson played the entire 2005 season with torn knee cartilage that required offseason surgery.

-- And Lewis said receiver Chris Henry?s legal problems ?are not as significant as you might think.?

No charges have been filed and no court date set yet for Henry, who was charged with three gun-related charges Jan. 28 in Orlando, Fla., Orange County court officials said this morning.

Also today at the combine, NFL Players Association executive director Gene Upshaw sounded resigned to a stalemate in efforts to extend the league?s collective bargaining agreement.

?Nothing has changed that would change (the situation) by March 3,? Upshaw said.

March 3 is the scheduled start of the new league year. Veteran free agency is supposed to begin.

?Over the past 5-6 years, team franchise values have increased ... and the high revenue clubs are not sharing,? said Upshaw, who pointed to three major issues.

The union, Upshaw said, wants more ?dollars coming into the system? for players.

?We want some sort of revenue sharing,? he said. ?We will not approve any CBA that does not include revenue sharing and cost sharing.?

Upshaw said the union has supported the league loan program that has helped build new stadiums, and the union wants a share of the revenue if stadiums are sold.

The current agreement calls for 64 percent of television contracts and merchandise to be shared equally among the 32 teams. New streams of revenue, such as luxury box income, personal seat licenses and signage, are not shared. The union wants all revenue included and shared.

One faction of owners ? such as Dallas? Jerry Jones, Washington?s Dan Snyder and Houston?s Bob McNair ? do not want the additional revenue streams shared. Owners of ?small-market? teams such as Mike Brown of the Bengals and Dan Rooney of the Steelers want increased revenue sharing to help maintain competitive balance, they say.

Each percentage point increase in the CBA to the union is worth about $2.5 million per team, Upshaw said.

The salary cap for 2006 will be announced within the next week at $92 million-$95 million. Upshaw thinks $96 million-$97 million is more fair and accurate. Each team is also going to pay $13.8 million in benefits.

If an agreement on an extension is not reached by the end of the year, 2007 will become a year without a salary cap. But in addition to no salary cap, players and their families would lose their health insurance and would not receive a contribution to their retirement fund.

In one other minor piece of NFL news this morning, the 49ers won the coin flip with the Raiders and will draft sixth overall. Oakland will draft seventh. The teams finished with identical records and strength of schedule.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060224/SPT02/302240016/-1/CINCI

bigbensrose
02-25-2006, 01:14 AM
I wish you Bengal fans would quit with the ...."I think Carson is a much better Quarterback than I am." Ben was obviously lying.

STEELERS RULE !!!!!

bigbensrose
02-25-2006, 01:19 AM
and by the way.......who the Hell cares whats going on in bungleville......in case you havent noticed this is a Steelers board.......has the bungle board shut down for the season?

augustashark
02-25-2006, 01:35 AM
.......has the bungle board shut down for the season?

Some would say that it never opened!:sofunny:

CantStop85
02-25-2006, 01:44 AM
and by the way.......who the Hell cares whats going on in bungleville......in case you havent noticed this is a Steelers board.......has the bungle board shut down for the season?
*Sigh*...if you haven't noticed, this section of the forum is labeled "NFL Football". In other words, a place to discuss teams other than the Pittsburgh Steelers...I'm sure there are some people here who like to stay informed with what's going on with division rivals.

CantStop85
02-25-2006, 01:46 AM
I wish you Bengal fans would quit with the ...."I think Carson is a much better Quarterback than I am." Ben was obviously lying.

STEELERS RULE !!!!!
As far as I know, I'm the only one using this quote as their signature, so there's no need to make generalizations about the rest of the bengal fans.

If Ben was obviously lying, then why do you care so much?

Cape Cod Steel Head
02-25-2006, 09:28 AM
and by the way.......who the Hell cares whats going on in bungleville......in case you havent noticed this is a Steelers board.......has the bungle board shut down for the season?In the imortal words of Sun Tzu "know your enemy".

83-Steelers-43
02-25-2006, 10:04 AM
*Sigh*...if you haven't noticed, this section of the forum is labeled "NFL Football". In other words, a place to discuss teams other than the Pittsburgh Steelers...I'm sure there are some people here who like to stay informed with what's going on with division rivals.

I agree. Thanks for the update. You still have to lose that quote 85...lol.

BB2W
02-25-2006, 11:14 AM
-- And Lewis said receiver Chris Henry?s legal problems ?are not as significant as you might think.?

No charges have been filed and no court date set yet for Henry, who was charged with three gun-related charges Jan. 28 in Orlando, Fla., Orange County court officials said this morning.
Sounds pretty "significant"... plus the possesion charges from when he got busted with weed. If this is unsignificant, what does he consider significant? Murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, or maybe just assault with a deadly weapon.

I have lost alot of respect for Marvin lately...

Cape Cod Steel Head
02-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Marvin has stated that he will cut the player who leaked the story about Chads meltdown during the playoffs. Anyone have any ideas as to who it was?

BB2W
02-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Marvin has stated that he will cut the player who leaked the story about Chads meltdown during the playoffs. Anyone have any ideas as to who it was?
I don't know who the source of the leak was, but wouldn't it make more sense to cut the player that was actually involved... Oh, thats right it was their best player. I think Marvin is losing control of this team.

Marvin describing the "alleged" altercation between Chad and his receivers coach is hillarious. He makes it sound like they were bickering over the french fries at the bottom of the bag, or loose change found in the couch cushions. It was an all out fight and everyone knows it...

tony hipchest
02-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Sounds pretty "significant"... plus the possesion charges from when he got busted with weed. If this is unsignificant, what does he consider significant?

well he is used to dealing with the likes of ray and jamal lewis...

CantStop85
02-25-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't know who the source of the leak was, but wouldn't it make more sense to cut the player that was actually involved... Oh, thats right it was their best player. I think Marvin is losing control of this team.

Marvin describing the "alleged" altercation between Chad and his receivers coach is hillarious. He makes it sound like they were bickering over the french fries at the bottom of the bag, or loose change found in the couch cushions. It was an all out fight and everyone knows it...
I figured the guy who leaked it was probably Kelley Washington...but they said they intended to tender him in RFA, so I guess not. It's probably a sub-par defensive player who would end up off the team sooner or later anyway.

Atlanta Dan
02-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Hopefully the leaker was Odell Thurman, Carson Palmer, or Rudi Johnson - I won't be greedy enough to hope it was Chad himself ):

Marvin talks a big game - let's see what happens if it turns out someone the Bengals need next year was the source of the story.

CantStop85
02-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Hopefully the leaker was Odell Thurman, Carson Palmer, or Rudi Johnson - I won't be greedy enough to hope it was Chad himself ):

Marvin talks a big game - let's see what happens if it turns out someone the Bengals need next year was the source of the story.
Here we go, update:
Lewis admits Chad popped off
By Chick Ludwig

Dayton Daily News

INDIANAPOLIS | Tempers flared, but no punches were thrown and no coaches were placed in headlocks.

Head coach Marvin Lewis told Bengals' beat writers at the NFL Combine on Friday that there was a commotion in the locker room at halftime of the Bengals' 31-17 playoff loss to Pittsburgh.

"Our wide receiver (Chad Johnson) was upset that we weren't doing exactly what we thought we could do on offense, that's all," Lewis said. "He didn't do anything other than be upset and raise his voice. He needed to calm down and relax."

An Internet site claimed Johnson scuffled with receivers coach Hue Jackson and swung at Lewis. Johnson denied the fisticuffs.

"Have you ever seen Chad punch anybody?" Lewis said. "All right, so how ridiculous would that be? You can't even fathom that."

Lewis said the incident "didn't cause us to lose the game. There's never a good time for it to occur, but it does happen. Some things occur on the sideline, and sometimes the player is right."

Was Johnson right this time?

"He was right, but he didn't voice it the correct way," Lewis said. "That's not the way to handle it."

Lewis said the incident was leaked outside the sanctuary of the locker room by "a player, through someone else. We had somebody who was that selfish. He allowed things to go outside of our locker room. He was more selfish than Chad, and that's unfortunate. That person needs to look more at themselves, No. 1, for speaking about it, and No. 2, for embellishing it and not really telling the truth, which is worse.

"That person won't be with us next year, I can tell you that. Those people aren't good for you. They're not people who are on your side when the times are tough."

Word around the street is that the leaker might have been defensive tackle John Thornton. :bouncy:

BB2W
02-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Here we go, update:

Word around the street is that the leaker might have been defensive tackle John Thornton. :bouncy:
You read my mind... I was just about to mention Thorton but I erased my post and decided not too.

When this first happend, I remeber reading an article in the Cincy Enquirer where when asked if there was a fight involving Chad... Thorton replied "no comment". I don't consider that leaking, but it is kinda hinting that something happened.

CantStop85
02-25-2006, 02:35 PM
You read my mind... I was just about to mention Thorton but I erased my post and decided not too.

When this first happend, I remeber reading an article in the Cincy Enquirer where when asked if there was a fight involving Chad... Thorton replied "no comment". I don't consider that leaking, but it is kinda hinting that something happened.
Yeah and Thornton's always been the "media guy" for the Bengals...maybe he couldn't keep his mouth shut this time. I'd love it if it is Thornton...maybe we can actually get a real defensive tackle to replace him.

clevestinks
02-25-2006, 02:53 PM
If if it were one of us, it would be real significant

BB2W
02-25-2006, 02:54 PM
This article says it might be a starter...

So far, no one has identified the source of the story, and Lewis could have trouble doing so, particularly after his promise to release the player. It could be a difficult move, too, if the player is a starter, as some Cincinnati veterans have hinted.

link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2344347

CantStop85
02-25-2006, 02:59 PM
This article says it might be a starter...
Yup, I'm almost certain it's Thornton at this point (at least I hope).

RoethlisBURGHer
02-25-2006, 03:42 PM

I agree,I do like to know what's going on with Ohio's Queen City football team.And btw,you need to put in parenthesis with your quote "(But Ben has the Super Bowl ring)"!

Suitanim
02-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Good news for us Steelers. While we are enjoying our Super Bowl victory and focusing on signing our FA's and trying to repeat, the Cincinnati Bengals are in the middle of a dramatic episode of "As the World Turns" where an attention whoring overrated receiver creates multiple diversions to go along with the starting QB in rehab, another receiver apparently auditioning for the starring role in Grand Theft Auto 4, and the coach blindly searching for leaks that were inconsequential at BEST.

At this rate, I'd say 2006 AFCN standings:

Steelers 13-3
Rats 9-7
Browns 8-8
Drama Queens 7-9

BB2W
02-25-2006, 07:42 PM
:laughing: Funny stuff Suit...

I find it bizzare that they are gonna cut the guy who said a player punched a coach, and keep the guy who actually punched the coach.

Don't worry Bengals fans, Marvin will get to the bottom of this...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/SherlockLewis.jpg

I also read that Nick Saban has hired Marvin Lewis to find out who leaked confidential information regarding the Ricky Williams failed drug test. It is beleived that the Dolphins will then follow the Bengals lead by cutting the source of the information, and then offer Ricky a contract extension through 2010.

tony hipchest
02-25-2006, 08:02 PM
:

I also read that Nick Saban has hired Marvin Lewis to find out who leaked confidential information regarding the Ricky Williams failed drug test. It is beleived that the Dolphins will then follow the Bengals lead by cutting the source of the information, and then offer Ricky a contract extension through 2010.

this after he solves the missing natalie in aruba case right?

CantStop85
02-25-2006, 08:19 PM
I find it bizzare that they are gonna cut the guy who said a player punched a coach, and keep the guy who actually punched the coach.

True...but we don't know for sure what happened in the locker room. According to Lewis, the event was exaggerated by the player who leaked it to the media...if this is correct then I see a good reason to cut the player. Of course, that is assuming that everything Marvin has said is correct.

Suitanim
02-25-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm sure the Bengals will spend plenty of time and energy and resources trying to find out who peeped a bit of nonsense that made no difference to the outcome of the game, and good for them.

Please alert all us Steelers fans when they finish up that all important investigation and start focusing on why they got blown out in the playoff game against the Steelers.

BB2W
02-25-2006, 08:40 PM
True...but we don't know for sure what happened in the locker room. According to Lewis, the event was exaggerated by the player who leaked it to the media...if this is correct then I see a good reason to cut the player. Of course, that is assuming that everything Marvin has said is correct.
I understand that but whats shady is at first he and Chad were saying nothing happened, but now it is clear something happened. I don't think I beleive Marvin and I don't blame him for not admitting it... what coach wants to admit their best player was fighting another coach in the biggest game of the year.

Marvin already lied about this incident once so I think I'm more inclined to beleive the "source", and Boomer Esiason who is Mr. Bengal himself and said...

"They had a huge fight in that locker room at halftime. It's the truth, flat out. (Wide receiver) Chad Johnson got into it with their wide receivers coach, Hue Jackson. (Wide receiver) T. J. Houshmandzadeh and Marvin came over to break it up and Chad was uncontrollable."

I also think Marvin obviously has more to gain from lying about this incident than the "source" or Boomer.

83-Steelers-43
02-25-2006, 10:12 PM
I already had zero respect for that joke of a fanbase they have in Cincy. The players on that roster are a bunch of arrogant jagoffs that speak before they accomplish a damn thing in this league and now I lost all respect for Lewis. That whole franchise is a pathetic joke.

From TJ cleaning his shoes.........to Chad talking about color tv's...to Chad talking about the Bungals being the new dogs of the division...to Marvin trying to blow shit over. Get the hell out of here. The whole city is a joke. The morons win a division title and this is how they act? If I was a Bungal fan, I would be embarrased.

I give the Browns more credit.

CantStop85
02-25-2006, 10:19 PM
From TJ cleaning his shoes.........to Chad talking about color tv's...

Right on brother...I never really liked people who cleaned their shoes or talked about color tv's either. Damn new-fangled devices. :bouncy:

83-Steelers-43
02-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Right on brother...I never really liked people who cleaned their shoes or talked about color tv's either. Damn new-fangled devices. :bouncy:

Funny, you have a picture of Ben drinking, even though the pics have yet to be proven authentic (even if they are?) and the kid has a ring, unlike Palmer. Desperate there junior? "Right on brother". :bouncy:

5 more to go.

Stlrs4Life
02-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Here's the story on Lewis:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2344347

Lewis wants to cut Bengal who leaked outburst

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Although he is not one of the NFL head coaches who have embraced the "one voice" stance, and precluded his assistants from speaking to the media during the season, Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis apparently feels his team had once voice too many in its season-ending playoff loss.

Appearing at the NFL scouting combine, Lewis stressed that the upstart Bengals must demonstrate improved maturity in 2006 to continue their progress, and also vowed to release the player who leaked to the media reports of an explosion by star wide receiver Chad Johnson at halftime of a Jan. 8 wild-card playoff game.

"Unfortunately, we had somebody else who was more selfish than Chad," Lewis said in discussing the incident. That person won't be with us next year, I'll tell you that. Those people aren't good for you."

According to reports, Johnson, angry at not getting the ball enough, voiced his complaint at halftime of the wild-card game, a contest the Bengals lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-17. The reports suggested that, after a heated exchange with an assistant coach, during which he had to be restrained, Johnson swung at Lewis.

The Bengals coach, who in 2005 led the franchise to its first division title since 1990, earlier in the offseason acknowledged there was a halftime incident involving Johnson, but denied the wide receiver threw a punch at anyone.

Lewis said that the team's Pro Bowl wide receiver, who had two receptions in the first half and finished the game with just four catches for 59 yards, "raised his voice," but said that was the extent of the incident.

During his combine appearance Friday, however, Lewis vowed to rid his team of the player who leaked the report of the Johnson incident. It was a vow that, while keeping with Lewis' theme of accountability, could be difficult to keep. So far, no one has identified the source of the story, and Lewis could have trouble doing so, particularly after his promise to release the player. It could be a difficult move, too, if the player is a starter, as some Cincinnati veterans have hinted.

There could be repercussions from the NFL Players Association, as well, if Lewis tries to release any player he feels was the source for the leak. But in maintaining that his young team needs to come together as a unit, and subjugate the goals of individuals, Lewis said he will continue to investigate where the Johnson story originated.

"In the big scheme of things, that person needs to look at themselves," Lewis said. "Number one, for even speaking about [the incident], and number two, for embellishing on it. For not really telling the truth. That's even worse."

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com

What would happen if it was Chad himself?

BlackNGold203
02-26-2006, 12:06 PM
"Unfortunately, we had someone else who was more selfish than Chad"

Is that possible?

CantStop85
02-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Funny, you have a picture of Ben drinking, even though the pics have yet to be proven authentic (even if they are?) and the kid has a ring, unlike Palmer. Desperate there junior? "Right on brother". :bouncy:

5 more to go.
No Palmer doesn't have a ring, but he is holding a heisman trophy.

I didn't put up the picture because Ben was drinking, I put it up because he had such a dumb look on his face.

83-Steelers-43
02-26-2006, 06:15 PM

I didn't put up the picture because Ben was drinking, I put it up because he had such a dumb look on his face.

Hmmm....Heisman or Super Bowl ring?.........Heisman or Super Bowl ring?

lol, whatever. Like I said, desperate and sad if you ask me. To each their own. Whatever works for you.

BB2W
02-27-2006, 12:39 AM
Hey CantStop85, I made you a new sig if you want one...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/pdouble79/carsonhurt.gif

CantStop85
02-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Hey CantStop85, I made you a new sig if you want one...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/pdouble79/carsonhurt.gif
OK, my sig's chapter 1, yours is chapter 2, now we just have to wait on chapter 3. :blurp:

83-Steelers-43
02-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Nice Palmer sig.....

Suitanim
02-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Hmmm...sounds like Marvin Lewis might be hitting the links with OJ soon...they can both sound the trumpet as they search for the REAL killer of their team/wife...

Cape Cod Steel Head
02-27-2006, 09:37 PM
OK, my sig's chapter 1, yours is chapter 2, now we just have to wait on chapter 3. :blurp:I for one can't wait.

CantStop85
02-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Notes: Bengals' Lewis: Snitch 'already gone'
By Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY

At least one player from the Cincinnati Bengals squad that claimed the franchise's first divisional title since 1990 won't be back:
The player who leaked a description of a halftime tirade by receiver Chad Johnson during the Bengals' 31-17 playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers ? and according to coach Marvin Lewis, embellished events to cause a controversy.

"It's already taken care of," Lewis said Monday, as the NFL's scouting combine in Indianapolis concluded. "He's already gone."

Lewis would not reveal the identity of the player that he believes spread the story ? which originated on an Internet site and maintained that Johnson placed receivers coach Hue Jackson in a headlock during a confrontation. Lewis said punches were never thrown during the incident, and Johnson didn't accost Jackson.

Since the alleged incident, the Bengals have not released any players. But Lewis was likely referring to one of the 11 veterans due to become free agents on Friday.

"It's always a player that doesn't matter, who's trying to improve their lot in life," Lewis said. "It's not a big deal."

Johnson admits he blew up in the locker room, but as he did in the immediate aftermath, denied any physical confrontation with Jackson ? whom he flew to Hawaii at his expense for the Pro Bowl.

"I was going off at halftime, there's no doubt," Johnson said Monday. "You know how I am and how I want to win. But it was more than the fact that I had one catch at halftime. I thought I could help us win. I was mad as heck. All that work I put in all week?"

On Friday, Lewis called the player who leaked the story "selfish" and unworthy of remaining on the team "for embellishing it and not really telling the truth."

If it is a guy who's scheduled to be a UFA, here's the list:
Player Position Type 2006 Team
Rashad Bauman CB UFA
Anthony Mitchell S UFA
Carl Powell DE UFA
Hannibal Navies LB UFA
Ifeanyi Ohalete S UFA
Jon Kitna QB UFA
Kenny Watson RB UFA
Marcus Wilkins LB UFA
Matt Schobel TE UFA
Nate Webster LB UFA
Nick Luchey FB UFA
Reggie Myles CB UFA
Tony Stewart TE UFA

BBC
02-28-2006, 06:24 PM

Maybe you can replace that picture of Ben with this one:

http://i.eurosport.com/2006/02/06/249260-807110-317-238.jpg

BTW BB2W, you are wanted over on cincybengals...

BB2W
02-28-2006, 06:42 PM
BTW BB2W, you are wanted over on cincybengals...
:rolleyes:

They really need to get over the fact their quarterback got injured... they obviously aren't gonna get over the fact that the Steelers won the Superbowl. I'm sure things are in an uproar over there...

The pic was a light hearted stab at CantStop85 for his new sig, and you can tell by his reaction he is more an adult than Ben, and probabally most of the Bengals fanbase.

Motley Nate
02-28-2006, 07:59 PM

They really need to get over the fact their quarterback got injured... they obviously aren't gonna get over the fact that the Steelers won the Superbowl. I'm sure things are in an uproar over there...

The pic was a light hearted stab at CantStop85 for his new sig, and you can tell by his reaction he is more an adult than Ben, and probabally most of the Bengals fanbase.
double post

Motley Nate
02-28-2006, 08:02 PM

My reaction was not necessarily one that resembled humor but I already know you're a jaded Ohioan with Pennsylvanian loyalties hence I ignored it. I've made plenty of pictures that rival it, no big deal, but before you start with the general Bengals fans crap, I'd suggest addressing your issues with individuals individually this round.

Many of us accepted who won, many others (Bengals and Steeler fans alike) can't let it go.

CantStop85
03-01-2006, 08:06 PM

An adult? Nah, just an immature teenager. :blurp: It hurt me to look at your sig, but I admire your effort. I may get worked up over a few things on here, but an injury isn't one of them. It's simply a fact that Carson got injured, I can't disprove that. Anyway, it's all in good fun.

Suitanim
03-01-2006, 09:06 PM
This is kinda like "Who shot JR?" on that old show "Dallas".

They had a cliffhanger, had the big reveal, and I think the show was cancelled shortly thereafter.

Nice play, Marvin. Compile new drama on top of the old drama...that's sure to unite the team and result in multiple Super Bowl rings.

Can we look at this from a Steelers perspective for a second? First off, no player would EVER sock Cowher, or any other coach on his staff. If they did? They'd be gone, and instantly. Nobody would need to leak that story, because Cowher would announce it himself.

This nonsense about covering up Chris Henry's charges by saying they "aren't significant" is awful. This is a pot smoking, gun toting thug on the verge of imploding. To downplay what he did is ludicrous.

Finally, I used to have a lot of respect for Lewis, but lying about Carson Palmer's status is just playing dirty pool. The Bengals FO are courting their fans and leading them to believe that Carson will be ready to play for the fisrt game in September, and it's just not going to happen. Bookmark this post, Bengals fans, If Carson plays at all next year, it will be in November...at best.

83-Steelers-43
03-01-2006, 10:13 PM
I guess Ben is the only individual on this planet that took a bad picture? That ice on his finger sure does look pretty though!!!

But wait, Carson has the Heisman....LOL. Like I stated before, desperate and sad. Keep reaching.

CantStop85
03-01-2006, 10:24 PM
dumb look???? thats happens to be the look of a guy who is celebrating winning a superbowl..

Or the look of a guy getting wasted on a weekend prior to the superbowl. :bouncy:

Maybe he had a bad performance in the superbowl because he pulled a Bode Miller and got a little tipsy before the game. :blurp:

FisherMOM
03-01-2006, 10:30 PM
either way.. he still looks like a guy that was in the Super Bowl!

83-Steelers-43
03-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Or the look of a guy getting wasted on a weekend prior to the superbowl. :bouncy:

Maybe he had a bad performance in the superbowl because he pulled a Bode Miller and got a little tipsy before the game. :blurp:

Oh, so you know the photos are legit and that they were taken on a weekend prior to the Super Bowl? Wow 85, did you actually take the photograph?

CantStop85
03-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Oh, so you know the photos are legit and that they were taken on a weekend prior to the Super Bowl? Wow 85, did you actually take the photograph?
I don't know if they are truly legit...if you want to be precise, I don't even know if the picture of Carson is truly legit, I mean it's not like I was there at the heisman ceremony to witness it.

However, I do for a fact know that the picture would had to have been taken prior to the superbowl for the simple fact that I actually saw the picture before the superbowl. :bouncy:

tony hipchest
03-02-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't know if they are truly legit...if you want to be precise, I don't even know if the picture of Carson is truly legit, I mean it's not like I was there at the heisman ceremony to witness it.

However, I do for a fact know that the picture would had to have been taken prior to the superbowl for the simple fact that I actually saw the picture before the superbowl. :bouncy: carson looks a little stiff in that photo. maybe he should lighten up, drink a few beers, loosen those ligaments and win a few superbowls.

83-Steelers-43
03-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Tool.

CantStop85
03-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Tool.
Anyone ever tell you that you post a lot? 1,000+ posts in around 2 months...impressive.

83-Steelers-43
03-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Anyone ever tell you that you post a lot? 1,000+ posts in around 2 months...impressive.

Your point?

At least you picked a good age to start following the Bengals. 16?. Yet, a confusing time in life. Good luck...lol.

MattsMe
03-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Two reporters from the Bungalville Newspaper tell me the source of the leak is a confidential informant going by the name Deepthroat......

Unfortunately Nixon isn't commenting on this latest breakthrough in the BungleGate scandal.

Milkman
03-04-2006, 02:09 AM
Two reporters from the Bungalville Newspaper tell me the source of the leak is a confidential informant going by the name Deepthroat......

Unfortunately Nixon isn't commenting on this latest breakthrough in the BungleGate scandal.

He said "Deepthroat" :rofl:

Stlrs4Life
03-04-2006, 11:26 AM

Uhh, the pics were posted before the Indy playoff game. That's when I first seen the pic. So how can that have been SB weekend?

CantStop85
03-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Uhh, the pics were posted before the Indy playoff game. That's when I first seen the pic. So how can that have been SB weekend?
You make me giggle. :dang:

I said, and I quote:
Or the look of a guy getting wasted on a weekend prior to the superbowl.

You do know that the Indy playoff game was PRIOR to the SB game, correct? And you do know that I said "a" weekend, not "the" weekend, right? You figure out the rest.

bigbensgirl7
03-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Not to mention the site that actually originally posted it send it said it was sent in by an unamed source and they have absolutely NO PROOF when the picture was taken. But it was posted before the Indy game.
Actually, who the hell cares. This is a guy that has everything he could want right now in life. If I was in his situation I would have a little fun here and there myself...I could care less as long as he does what he needs to do and win football games and stays out of trouble...PARTY IT UP BEN.

Oh and here is a little insider info that is not really being released to the press at all...Carson is supposedly out until atleast week 7. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but it was told to me by a very big bengal fan that has a lot of NFL and media connections. I hope this is not the case, but right now that is the report.
Same source said the fight in the locker room was exactly that!!!! A fight not a verbal arguement. Punches were defiantely thrown!!!!!

CantStop85
05-13-2006, 03:28 PM
From Sports Illustrated:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/andrew_perloff/05/12/minicamp.roundup/p1_palmer_si.jpg
Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer throws at Paul Brown Stadium as he tries to work his way back from a severe knee injury he suffered last season.

Simon Bruty/SI
Of all the rehabbing quarterbacks, Carson Palmer deserves the most scrutiny because you have to consider the Bengals a Super Bowl threat if he's 100 percent. Everyone around the Bengals is talking positively about Palmer's recovery from a left knee injury and we could see him in pads sooner than expected.

Poll:
Which rehabbing QB will make the biggest impact in 2006?
Drew Brees, Saints 32%
Daunte Culpepper, Dolphins 22%
Carson Palmer, Bengals 42%
Chad Pennington, Jets 4%

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/andrew_perloff/05/12/minicamp.roundup/index.html

RoethlisBURGHer
05-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Big deal,doesn't mean he'll be GAME READY.In rehab you will always be able to throw the football before you cana ctually start a game.

tony hipchest
05-13-2006, 03:43 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/andrew_perloff/05/12/minicamp.roundup/p1_palmer_si.jpg
Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer throws at Paul Brown Stadium as he tries to work his way back from a severe knee injury he suffered last season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/andrew_perloff/05/12/minicamp.roundup/index.html

what this picture doesnt show is polamalu running the ball in for a td.

Suitanim
05-13-2006, 04:21 PM
He should have much more weight distributed to his front throwing foot, and it should probably be bent at closer to a 45 degree angle than an almost 90 degree angle. He's throwing the ball, but it's all arm.

Look, this is a photo op, and it's sole purpose is a chance for the Bengals FO to once again assuage the doubts of the fans, and keep tickets sales up. Does anyone actually think the Bengals work-out and practice at their stadium?

He'll be back after the bye week...maybe.

clevestinks
05-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Well its only May, I hope he gets back 100%, and I hope the bengals get over the possibility of them winning that game regardless of the injury. There is no way the bengals could have rolled over four teams to win it all like we did.