PDA

View Full Version : Willie Parker set to be released....

StainlessStill
09-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Report: Parker odd man out in crowded Redskins backfield

The Washington Redskins released veteran running back Willie Parker on Saturday, according to the Washington Post, citing a league source.

Parker rushed 16 times for 50 yards in four preseason games with the team, often lost in a crowded Redskins backfield that included veterans Larry Johnson and Clinton Portis.

Parker, 29, played six seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers, winning two Super Bowl rings. He has three 1,200-yard seasons, but he ran for just 389 yards last year as a backup.

"It's only one ball," Parker told the Post earlier this summer. "So therefore, you know [there] probably can't be enough room for all of us. That's the game. That's the way it is. Therefore, you got to go out and compete. ... There ain't even enough balls in practice."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a44e46/article/report-parker-odd-man-out-in-crowded-redskins-backfield?module=HP_headlines

We've all seen this coming. Could Parker re-join the Steelers reunion and offer us some veteran stability at the RB position to help out and take pressure off of our QB situation?

Behind Mendenhall, we pretty much have no proven runners (hell, Mendy isn't even proven as of now) who could adapt right away to being used. Moore is just an expendable back who will get touches via security and play a sure hands game but as far as Redman and Dwyer, those two pretty much have no playing experience, one being a rookie.

Willie can step right into the backfield and give Mendy his due and offer up some sort of value to where both backs could be used to help out our ground game with either Charlie or Dixon managing the game. Thoughts?

Fire Haley
09-04-2010, 12:16 PM
The wheels are off Willie and he's up on blocks.

fuggitaboutit

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-04-2010, 12:26 PM
The only siuation that I can see us bringing back Parker is if two of our backs go down.

scsteeler
09-04-2010, 01:05 PM
I don't think Parker will be back. Unless some other team picks him up he will be waiting for a call. Steelers would have kept him had he not want to test the waters.

I am a Big Parker fan and hate to see him go out in this fashion.

Fire Haley
09-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Speaking of the Cardinals....how funny would it be......

Willie Parker released?

I can see Wiz going after him...

There is no way we go after willie parker.

I ONLY say that because of Wiz's fetish with going after ex-steelers. The list is getting endless, If Leftwich didn't sprain his MCL Charlie Batch would be here too.

Willie Parker is a bum, i never understood the hype around the guy. He had like one good year.

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=51218

SteelCityMom
09-04-2010, 03:29 PM
I can definitely see Wiz drooling over him already too. Do they have anyone that's even any good besides Hightower?

Fire Haley
09-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Beanie Wells, but he likes to fumble.

truesteelerfan
09-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I'll take him as a reserve, as long as he knows his role....Better than any of our backups.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Buffalo released Joique Bell also. I would prefer bringing him in over Parker at this point.

Fire Arians
09-04-2010, 08:09 PM
all of our running backs except dwyer are better options than willie. and dwyer has an upside

SacknificentStew56
09-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Willie has done good things for us but I don't see us bringing him back. Whisenhunt loves picking up released Steelers scraps so he might be Arizona bound.

figg
09-05-2010, 02:57 AM
We're all set at RB.

pete74
09-05-2010, 04:52 AM
im not surprised they released Parker. he just dosnt have it anymore and his blocking is horrible.

as for bringing him back, i say no way. who would you want to give up for him? Redman or Dwyer? there is no way i would give up on either for Parker