PDA

View Full Version : Why not Tj houshmandzadeh ?

joeyssteelcurtain
09-04-2010, 04:38 PM
He got cut today i think he would be a good fit and kinda cheap. I bet he would love to stick it to he's old team. What do you guys think

Fire Arians
09-04-2010, 04:42 PM
i wouldnt be totally against it. i'd still call him doushmandzadeh though

ETL
09-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Too ugly.

steelerohio
09-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Can we forgive him for what he done to the TB?

MasterOfPuppets
09-04-2010, 04:53 PM
i must say, i'm a bit confused on why seattle shit canned him...its not like they have an abundance of good receivers ....:noidea:

joeyssteelcurtain
09-04-2010, 04:53 PM

Yea i was thinking that if he scores a couple td's against the ratbirds I think we can

steelerohio
09-04-2010, 04:57 PM
hmmm good point...

LukesDad88
09-04-2010, 04:57 PM
I'd be all for it. The guy had over 80 catches with the Seachickens last year. I still think he was the biggest part of the Bengals success a couple of years ago, more so than Chad and Carson. I bet he'd love to hang 100 and a couple of TD's on them.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-04-2010, 05:03 PM
I'd be all for it. The guy had over 80 catches with the Seachickens last year. I still think he was the biggest part of the Bengals success a couple of years ago, more so than Chad and Carson. I bet he'd love to hang 100 and a couple of TD's on them.

Yea that's what i was thinking

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Why would we need Housyourmama? We already have a full house, as far as receivers go...who would we ditch to pick this guy up? Randle El? Brown?

joeyssteelcurtain
09-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Why would we need Housyourmama? We already have a full house, as far as receivers go...who would we ditch to pick this guy up? Randle El? Brown?

I was thinking Brown he was what a 5ith or 6ith round pick

LukesDad88
09-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I'd drop El.

MasterOfPuppets
09-04-2010, 05:20 PM

i'd ditch randel el in a heartbeat for doucheman.

MasterOfPuppets
09-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I was thinking Brown he was what a 5ith or 6ith round pick

they cut logan, so brown is now the new return man.

Aussie_steeler
09-04-2010, 05:45 PM
they cut logan, so brown is now the new return man.

I am kinda guessing that Randle El is probtably going to have some return duties along with Brown.

Randle El is on the roster for lockerroom leadership, #3 WR and return skills. Pumpshismomma is the better WR but he wouldnt be ahead of El in the other two categories

MasterOfPuppets
09-04-2010, 05:56 PM
I am kinda guessing that Randle El is probtably going to have some return duties along with Brown.

Randle El is on the roster for lockerroom leadership, #3 WR and return skills. Pumpshismomma is the better WR but he wouldnt be ahead of El in the other two categories
did el return any in preseason ? i don't know how many redskin games you've watched over the years, but from the ones i've seen el was rightful stripped of his return duties. he looked nothing like the guy that was here before . he'd catch the ball, do a dance till the defenders got to him, then fall forward for 2 or 3 yds. i live amongst quite a few skin fans. you'd be hard pressed to find one that would say good things about el.

Aussie_steeler
09-04-2010, 06:07 PM
did el return any in preseason ? i don't know how many redskin games you've watched over the years, but from the ones i've seen el was rightful stripped of his return duties. he looked nothing like the guy that was here before . he'd catch the ball, do a dance till the defenders got to him, then fall forward for 2 or 3 yds. i live amongst quite a few skin fans. you'd be hard pressed to find one that would say good things about el.

Dont get me wrong MOP. Your assessment is spot on. I am just coming from a different angle.

With the previous philosophy of using guys like Davenport, Russell, Moore and other hands guys I am just speculating that they could again go conservative on the return squad if the young stud ( Brown) starts coughing it up

I am not saying he is the best option. I just think he will be considered as an option as a backup.

I really think he is here to provide some influence in the locker room.

MasterOfPuppets
09-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Once again, a SOURCE says #Vikings have signed former #Seahawks WR TJ Houshmanzadah - can not personally confirm nor deny...

http://twitter.com/fox6sports/status/23005519339

MasterOfPuppets
09-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Dont get me wrong MOP. Your assessment is spot on. I am just coming from a different angle.

With the previous philosophy of using guys like Davenport, Russell, Moore and other hands guys I am just speculating that they could again go conservative on the return squad if the young stud ( Brown) starts coughing it up

I am not saying he is the best option. I just think he will be considered as an option as a backup.

I really think he is here to provide some influence in the locker room.
i get that .... my angle is, if ward ,our possession receiver , who seems to be injured a good bit the last few years, would happen to get hurt , i'd much rather see doucheman in his spot than el, battle, or a rookie .

Aussie_steeler
09-04-2010, 06:23 PM
He will be a very good pickup for a team needing a #2 or #3 WR.

Bernard Berrian, Percy Harvin and TJ would be a reasonable WR corp

Aussie_steeler
09-04-2010, 06:26 PM
i get that .... my angle is, if ward ,our possession receiver , who seems to be injured a good bit the last few years, would happen to get hurt , i'd much rather see doucheman in his spot than el, battle, or a rookie .

Agree 100% with that assessment

Price tag would be an issue for me. If an dollar investment is to be made to strengthen the squad I would rather throw a second round pick at the pats and land Logan Mankins to play RG.

ricardisimo
09-04-2010, 06:30 PM
We don't need him. He would be better than el, that's fo' shizzle. But el probably has guaranteed money for the year, and paying two guys to back-up at WR instead of one... not so smart.

Can he play right guard?

MasterOfPuppets
09-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Agree 100% with that assessment

Price tag would be an issue for me. If an dollar investment is to be made to strengthen the squad I would rather throw a second round pick at the pats and land Logan Mankins to play RG.

His Seahawks contract includes offset language that makes Seattle liable to pay Houshmanzadeh whatever his new team doesn't.

So if Houshmanzadeh were to sign a veteran minimum deal of $850,000, the Seahawks would be liable for the remaining $6.15 million balance.

Seattle signed Houshmanzadeh to a five-year, $40 million contract last offseason, and Seattle will wind up having paid him $15 million for his one season with the Seahawks.

:noidea:

Aussie_steeler
09-04-2010, 06:39 PM
His Seahawks contract includes offset language that makes Seattle liable to pay Houshmanzadeh whatever his new team doesn't.

So if Houshmanzadeh were to sign a veteran minimum deal of $850,000, the Seahawks would be liable for the remaining $6.15 million balance.

Seattle signed Houshmanzadeh to a five-year, $40 million contract last offseason, and Seattle will wind up having paid him $15 million for his one season with the Seahawks.

did not know that MOP. Good find

Sounds like he could really stick it to the Seahawks if he wanted to. That puts a whole new spin on the scenario. Sign him to vet min and then redo the deal a year later.

Vikes might really have scored in a big way

joeyssteelcurtain
09-04-2010, 06:47 PM
did not know that MOP. Good find

Sounds like he could really stick it to the Seahawks if he wanted to. That puts a whole new spin on the scenario. Sign him to vet min and then redo the deal a year later.

Vikes might really have scored in a big way

Yea the vikes got a good player that has a lot left

MasterOfPuppets
09-04-2010, 06:51 PM
*reminder* ..... it HAS NOT been confirmed TJ has signed with the vikes...

SteelKnight
09-04-2010, 07:02 PM
I won't be surprised if he goes back to Cinci

joeyssteelcurtain
09-04-2010, 07:57 PM
I won't be surprised if he goes back to Cinci

That would be some wr core

jjpro11
09-04-2010, 08:32 PM
why would we cut ARE? Battle is still on the team.. if we wanted to bring in another receiver, he'd be the one to go.

as for Housh, that's a really weird clause in his contract. he can basically go anywhere he wants for the vet mininum, and the Seahawks would still have to pay him the remaining $6+ mil? makes you wonder why they even bothered cutting him. that doesn't really seem to make sense though because you'd think every team would be after him since they could sign him for under $1 mil. surely he is better than most, if not all receivers making the vet minimum.

Fire Arians
09-04-2010, 08:43 PM
why would we cut ARE? Battle is still on the team.. if we wanted to bring in another receiver, he'd be the one to go.

as for Housh, that's a really weird clause in his contract. he can basically go anywhere he wants for the vet mininum, and the Seahawks would still have to pay him the remaining $6+ mil? makes you wonder why they even bothered cutting him. that doesn't really seem to make sense though because you'd think every team would be after him since they could sign him for under $1 mil. surely he is better than most, if not all receivers making the vet minimum.

i was surpised that the shitbirds cut him too, he's money as a possession receiver and like you said, they get nothing really from cutting him

steeltheone
09-04-2010, 10:46 PM

Lockerroom leadership? We have one of the oldest teams in the league...Don't buy it.

SteelCityMom
09-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Yeah, that deal has to make you wonder about him, and whether there's something going on that nobody knows about. Unless Seattle's FO is run by complete imbeciles, I would think there has to be some kind of catch with him. You don't just pay someone with his vet talent 6 mill to play somewhere else. Just scratchin' my head on this one.

PhantomJB93
09-05-2010, 12:18 AM
WHY? Were good at WR...Hines and Wallace and weve got 3 guys who could be good 3rd receviers, we dont need a 4th...

figg
09-05-2010, 02:55 AM
I'll pass. He's a loser.

Aussie_steeler
09-05-2010, 03:22 AM
Lockerroom leadership? We have one of the oldest teams in the league...Don't buy it.

Just because your old doesnt make you a leader.

Not trying to make you buy it. Just my opinion and I think Randle El and Foote were brought back to instill some different values to this team.

ricardisimo
09-05-2010, 03:28 AM
Yeah, that deal has to make you wonder about him, and whether there's something going on that nobody knows about. Unless Seattle's FO is run by complete imbeciles, I would think there has to be some kind of catch with him. You don't just pay someone with his vet talent 6 mill to play somewhere else. Just scratchin' my head on this one.

Well, Carroll has gotten off to a somewhat rocky start already, from what I've read. Not quite as bad as McDoofus in Denver did last year, but he's got some of his own people scratching their heads. This might be nothing more than a bonehead maneuver on his part.

Downbylaw
09-05-2010, 03:39 AM
TJ is too slow. We dont need another possesion receiver. We have three, in Hines, Battle and Randle El. Lets develop the speedsters, Sanders, Wallace and Brown.

pete74
09-05-2010, 04:57 AM
i would of loved to have him this summer but after seeing how well sanders and brown play we dont need him

Goat27
09-05-2010, 06:37 AM
We really don't need ARE, Battle, and on Defense, Larry Garbage Foote...but for the vet minimum for 1 yr, it would be smart to at least Consider TJ who has played in this division for years and would be a hell of an upgrade from Limas Sweed.

Kanata-Steeler
09-05-2010, 12:35 PM
ya really hoseman..., you don't wipe your feet with our towel -it's the curse befalling you now.
;)

jollyrob68
09-05-2010, 12:40 PM

I'd drop Battle only.

jollyrob68
09-05-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm enjoying our youth movement. ITS ABOUT TIME.

stb_steeler
09-05-2010, 07:05 PM

HELL NO NEVER!

StainlessStill
09-05-2010, 07:15 PM
I'll never support that terrorists who mocked us and the Terrible Towel on my team and I don't care what he has done throughout his career. :coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
09-05-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm enjoying our youth movement. ITS ABOUT TIME.

youth movement ? other than pouncey over hartwig, where is the youth movement ? :noidea:

StainlessStill
09-05-2010, 07:45 PM
youth movement ? other than pouncey over hartwig, where is the youth movement ? :noidea:

Mendenhall, Redman, Dixon, Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Pouncey, Hood, Woodley & Timmons are all young guys, most starters, who will be a major significance to the Steelers roster for some years to come. That's a nice team to build around, esp since Ben is still young enough to not even be hitting his prime yet. :tt:

MasterOfPuppets
09-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Mendenhall, Redman, Dixon, Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Pouncey, Hood, Woodley & Timmons are all young guys, most starters, who will be a major significance to the Steelers roster for some years to come. That's a nice team to build around, esp since Ben is still young enough to not even be hitting his prime yet. :tt:

i kinda took it that he was referring to this years additions, which were mostly replacing 2nd and 3rd year players with rookies.. adding guys like el, foote, battle, leftwich, adams , and keeping eason over harris , hardly indicates a youth movement.
they booted 3 old guys , hartwig, townsend and carter, and added 5 older guys....:noidea:

BengalDestroyer
09-05-2010, 07:57 PM
i wouldnt be totally against it. i'd still call him doushmandzadeh though

First off let me say, I love your handle "Fire Arians"... I totally agree.

On the other hand I would be totally against it, he was not that productive at all in Seattle. He left Cincy for more money and he just wasn't productive there (Seattle) and I can't see us squeezing him anywhere, anytime. Besides we have two rookies who looked great this preseason, and we still have to believe that Sweed will come through next year.

SteelCityKing
09-05-2010, 09:40 PM
i would like anyone like him. he's a vet and he knows what Pittsburgh is all about after losing to them for so many years. haha!

SteelCityKing
09-05-2010, 09:41 PM

On the other hand I would be totally against it, he was not that productive at all in Seattle. He left Cincy for more money and he just wasn't productive there (Seattle) and I can't see us squeezing him anywhere, anytime. Besides we have two rookies who looked great this preseason, and we still have to believe that Sweed will come through next year.

Sweed? i forgot he even played for out team. haha!

MasterOfPuppets
09-05-2010, 10:25 PM

well if you consider 79 receptions and 911 yards not productive, than i guess your right. :noidea:

i thought it was pretty productive considering hasselbeck is on the downside , their running game was garbage, and he didn't exactly have a good receiver on the otherside to take pressure off of him ...

rick723
09-05-2010, 10:35 PM
He got cut today i think he would be a good fit and kinda cheap. I bet he would love to stick it to he's old team. What do you guys think

Cause he is a shoe bomber Whatsamatter you