PDA

View Full Version : fantasy draft

pete74
09-05-2010, 06:13 AM
i play each year and have won 3 years straight in my 12 team leauge. it a keeper and i kept Chris Johnson over Aaron Rodgers which was tough. i also had S.Green and D.Williams last year.

anyway im drafting this year and was #12 because my team won the previous year. i took Mendenhall and P.Rivers. since #12 drafts back to back. on my following turn i lose my internet signal and the computer picks for me. i was planning on getting Antonio Gates or Clark and Wes welker but the computer picked TE Celek from the eagles and S.Moss from the redskins. i am so freaking pissed off because i could of had any tight end and there were many, many better wr's then moss on the board

oh well, i seem to always get lucky in fantasy so maybe Celek and Moss will both surprise me and have good years

PhantomJB93
09-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Anybody wanna rate/comment on my fantasy team I drafted today? Its a 12 team standard league but we have an OP slot instead of RB/WR so you can start 2 QBs, meaning QBs go off the boards REALLY fast (hence why I took 3 of them and all 3 earlier than theyd go in a normal league). I picked 11th out of 12 and picked Mendy first (I was trying to choose between him and Deangelo Williams but Williams splits time and is injury prone so I went with Mendy)

QB: Eli Manning (4th)
RB: Rashard Mendenhall (1st)
RB: Jamaal Charles (3rd)
WR: Calvin Johnson (2nd)
WR: Hakeem Nicks (5th)
TE: Owen Daniels (8th)
OP: Ben Roethlisberger (6th, was the best QB left believe it or not)
D: Saints (11th)
K: Jeff Reed (15th)

BN: Santana Moss (7th)
BN: LaDainian Tomlinson (9th)
BN: Matthew Stafford (10th)
BN: Devin Aromashodu (12th)
BN: Toby Gerhart (13th)
BN: Golden Tate (14th)
BN: Tim Tebow (16th, I did it for the lulz and Im dropping him for Greg Camarillo)

pete74
09-05-2010, 06:30 PM
I like your bench. Tomlinson looked great in preseason and will probably get 10-15 carries a game behind that awesome line. Ben will tear it up when he comes back and Tate should get better as the year goes on without TJ being on the team. It's also nice having A Petersons backup because he is due for an injury with all the carries he has had. Charles will lose some carries to Jones but will still be a top 5 or 6 back. You may want another TE for the 1st 2 weeks because I expect Daniels will start slow after just healing up from that major injury he suffered last year. I'm sure he will be a machine again as the season goes on

MasterOfPuppets
09-05-2010, 10:58 PM
you still got a shot pete. wanna know how i know ? last year i was in a 12 man money league. $ 25 dollars a person , and $ 1 for every transaction. i came in second place and won $75. the guy who came in first, couldn't get logged into his espn account, and his ENTIRE draft was auto draft !!! well he didn't have any settings setup for an auto draft, so he ends up with like 5 qb's and 7 wr's or something like that. so right off the bat he had to drop half his team and scrounge thru the leftovers. he picked up peoples cast offs all season and made it work.... he won $200 plus like another $ 70 or so from the transaction fee's , which probably $20 of it was from him ...lucky bastard :mad:

SteelCityKing
09-05-2010, 11:04 PM
yeah. that's a solid squad. that bench is tight, too.

i always figure if you get a late pick and you draft in gamuts and never the same position back to back. you can make a killing. plus, grab some dudes off of waiver wires and you're set.

do you not do a swap position? like a WR/RB/TE swap? defensive players?

i like your team though. you know how to draft and clearly you won your tournament las year for a reason. kudos.

SteelCityKing
09-05-2010, 11:24 PM
just for sh*ts and giggles, here's my squad i just drafter this afternoon. 12 person league, $50 buy in. winner takes all.

QB - Drew Brees
WR - Miles Austin
WR - Reggie Wayne
RB - Marion Barber
RB - Ricky Williams
TE - Dustin Keller
WR/RB - Braylon Edwards
K - Laurence Tynes
DEF - Dallas
DB - James Harrison
DB - Charles Woodson

BN - QB - Ben Roethlisberger
BN - WR - TJ Housmandzadeh
BN - RB - Jerome Harrison
BN - TE - Chris Cooley
BN - DL - Demarcus Ware
BN - DB - Nnamdi Asomugha

what do you guys think?

SteelCityKing
09-05-2010, 11:30 PM
and i just snagged Mark Sanchez and Laurence Maroney off of waivers. woot woot!

pete74
09-06-2010, 06:46 AM
My computer also picked back to back defenses for me. The worst part is I got the Bengals and Dolphins. I also have Houston's RB arien foster who I think will have a breakout year. I do have a decent team but I would of rather had Clark and Welker.